FIA reveal Michelin team charges

Discuss all the aspects of the Formula 1 sport here

Moderators: cmlean, Ed, The Qualiflyer, The Heretic

polo2028
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

FIA reveal Michelin team charges

Post by polo2028 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:38 am

The seven Michelin teams who pulled out of Sunday?s race at Indianapolis are to face charges of breaching the International Sporting Code by committing "one or more acts prejudicial to the interests of a competition, namely the 2005 United States Grand Prix, and/or to the interests of motor sport generally."
In identical letters to the seven team bosses published by the FIA on Tuesday, Formula One?s governing body, who has summoned the teams to appear before the World Motor Sport Council next Wednesday, listed a number of charges.

The charges given are that, according to the FIA, each team:

? failed to ensure that they had a supply of suitable tyres for the race
? wrongfully refused to allow their cars to start the race
? wrongfully refused to allow their cars to race, subject to a speed restriction in one corner which was safe for such tyres as they had available
? combined with other teams to make a demonstration damaging to the image of Formula One by pulling into the pits immediately before the start of the race
? failed to notify the stewards of their intention not to race, in breach of Article 131 of the FIA Formula One Sporting Regulations.

Article 131 states: "The starting grid will be published four hours before the race. Any competitor whose car(s) is (are) unable to start for any reason whatsoever (or who has good reason to believe that their car(s) will not be ready to start) must inform the stewards accordingly at the earliest opportunity and, in any event, no later than 45 minutes before the start of the race.?

The FIA told the teams they will be sent a full dossier of the charges within the next 24 hours and invited them to send any comments they should have in writing prior to their meeting with the Council in Paris on June 29.
2005 : West McLaren Mercedes - Juan Pablo Montoya

CB619
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

Re: FIA reveal Michelin team charges

Post by CB619 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:35 am

polo2028 wrote: The charges given are that, according to the FIA, each team:

? failed to ensure that they had a supply of suitable tyres for the race
? wrongfully refused to allow their cars to start the race
? wrongfully refused to allow their cars to race, subject to a speed restriction in one corner which was safe for such tyres as they had available
? combined with other teams to make a demonstration damaging to the image of Formula One by pulling into the pits immediately before the start of the race
? failed to notify the stewards of their intention not to race, in breach of Article 131 of the FIA Formula One Sporting Regulations.

Article 131 states: "The starting grid will be published four hours before the race. Any competitor whose car(s) is (are) unable to start for any reason whatsoever (or who has good reason to believe that their car(s) will not be ready to start) must inform the stewards accordingly at the earliest opportunity and, in any event, no later than 45 minutes before the start of the race.?
The teams surely should have told the stewards instead of pulling this stunt and thus screwing the fans at Indy. I hope, as a US fan, the teams all pay.

polo2028
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

Post by polo2028 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:17 am

Worst punishments FIA would issue:
1. 7 Michelin teams charged (lots of $$$)
2. FIA deducts / cancels championship points of the Michelin teams
3. Suspension to Michelin teams in future Grand Prix
:furious: FIA is ready to destory the image of Formula One Racing.
2005 : West McLaren Mercedes - Juan Pablo Montoya

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:27 am

polo2028 wrote:Worst punishments FIA would issue:
1. 7 Michelin teams charged (lots of $$$)
2. FIA deducts / cancels championship points of the Michelin teams
3. Suspension to Michelin teams in future Grand Prix
:furious: FIA is ready to destory the image of Formula One Racing.

IMHO formula one has a blackened,charred, destroyed image in the USA, from which it may never recover.
The only winners out of this, once again, will be the lawyers, all of whom should be drowned at birth 8) (IMHO)
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:14 pm

julian mayo wrote: IMHO formula one has a blackened,charred, destroyed image in the USA, from which it may never recover.
The only winners out of this, once again, will be the lawyers, all of whom should be drowned at birth 8) (IMHO)
Perfect!!!
I hope there is no penalty for the teams :(
An F1 Idiot!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:38 pm

Kapel wrote:
julian mayo wrote: IMHO formula one has a blackened,charred, destroyed image in the USA, from which it may never recover.
Perfect!!!
I hope there is no penalty for the teams :(
Unfortunately that depends on the lawyers, and a large bucket of water :cry:

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:47 pm

I'm more concerned on BAR,they could get screwed in the process for this season.Ron Dennis & Co. can still afford to challenge any kinda penalty but not BAR.

Would they(FIA) prefer Scotch Whisky or should i send Desi tharra(bad country liquor :wink: ) as bribes
An F1 Idiot!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:55 pm

Kapel wrote:I'm more concerned on BAR,they could get screwed in the process for this season.Ron Dennis & Co. can still afford to challenge any kinda penalty but not BAR.

Would they(FIA) prefer Scotch Whisky or should i send Desi tharra(bad country liquor :wink: ) as bribes

Many many barrels of Mekong Hooch :twisted:
Max will drink it cos it is free :shock:

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:08 pm

julian mayo wrote:
Kapel wrote:I'm more concerned on BAR,they could get screwed in the process for this season.Ron Dennis & Co. can still afford to challenge any kinda penalty but not BAR.

Hmm,i still think Desi tharra be good for him or the Indian Ocean water,even better :twisted: :wink:
An F1 Idiot!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:15 pm

Kapel wrote:
julian mayo wrote:

Hmm,i still think Desi tharra be good for him or the Indian Ocean water,even better :twisted: :wink:
Mate, the stuff that was flowing into the Mekong a lifetime ago will still be there in twenty lifetimes, it turns Rhinocerous into little white lap dogs, and guarantees hairlessness for the rest of your life :twisted:

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:22 pm

AH....now that sounds better :wink:

Can i have a bottle of that,need to send it to Sachin as well as Narain :twisted:
An F1 Idiot!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:31 pm

Kapel wrote:AH....now that sounds better :wink:

Can i have a bottle of that,need to send it to Sachin as well as Narain :twisted:

yeah I have a few bottles left.... iin case I needed to blow up a tank or three,
If the cork turns green and fumes start to come out, chuck it over a cliff,and run like hell, or you will find yourself doing strange things, like joining F1 forums and worshipping unsighted Goddesses for their intelligence, intellect, and wit ( and trying, unsuccessfully to reconcile all that with the fact that she drives a numbus, and keeps....KEEPS!... a Gemini the garage).

This is your fault, Kappy. You told me to pick a fight with JV :lol:

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:54 pm

julian mayo wrote: This is your fault, Kappy. You told me to pick a fight with JV :lol:
Now that u've started it,go for it :wink: When u see danger,kneel(like the cat in SHREK 2), plead, N u'll live to take her out on one of ur wonderful drives :lol: :lol:
An F1 Idiot!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:06 pm

Kapel wrote:
julian mayo wrote: This is your fault, Kappy. You told me to pick a fight with JV :lol:
Now that u've started it,go for it :wink: When u see danger,kneel(like the cat in SHREK 2), plead, N u'll live to take her out on one of ur wonderful drives :lol: :lol:
Kappy " therapy, the ute" would tolerate being parked next to a Numbus, and would purr like a kitten at the mere sight :bounceg: so much so that I would have to watch "therapy" for signs of infidelity :shock:

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Thu Jun 23, 2005 4:29 am

polo2028 wrote: 2. FIA deducts / cancels championship points of the Michelin teams
That would seriously mess up the championship, it would just hand it to shumacher on a silver platter :evil: :evil: .....which would ruin everything, and would help F1 to lose a lot more supporters.