The Hungarian Grand Prix (Kimi Raikkonen wins!)

Discuss all the aspects of the Formula 1 sport here

Moderators: cmlean, Ed, The Qualiflyer, The Heretic

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

The Hungarian Grand Prix (Kimi Raikkonen wins!)

Post by Ed » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:17 am

This is the place to discuss everything related to the thirteenth round of the 2005 season taking place at the Hungaroring in Hungary between the 29th and 31st of July.

The Hungarian Grand Prix Preview is now available here.
The main Hungarian Grand Prix Page is available here.

To submit your 8 'n' Pole Picks for Hungary click here, to register in the competition click here (it is never too late to enter as the winner of each round wins a prize in addition to the overall prizes)

Post Qualifying Team and Driver quotes now available here

FIA Press Conference
Thursday with Jenson Button, Giancarlo Fisichella, Jacques Villeneuve and Kimi Raikkonen
Friday with Sam Michael, Willy Rampf, G?nther Steiner, Martin Whitmarsh and Geoff Willis
Saturday with Michael Schumacher, Juan Pablo Montoya and Jarno Trulli
Sunday with Kimi Raikkonen, Michael Schumacher and Ralf Schumacher
Last edited by Ed on Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:02 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:19 am

The event timetable for the Hungarian Grand Prix

Friday
1st Friday Practice 11:00 local time - 09:00 GMT
2nd Friday Practice 14:00 local time - 12:00 GMT

Saturday
1st Saturday Practice 09:00 local time - 07:00 GMT
2nd Saturday Practice 10:15 local time - 08:15 GMT
Qualifying 13:00 local time - 11:00 GMT

Sunday
Race 14:00 local time - 12:00 GMT

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:25 am

The latest weather forecast for the Hungarian Grand Prix (last updated 29 July)

Friday
1st Practice - 11:00 - 29 - Sunny
2nd Practice - 14:00 - 33 - Sunny

Saturday
1st Practice - 09:00 - 26 - Sunny
2nd Practice - 10:15 - 28 - Sunny
Qualifying - 13:00 - 33 - Sunny

Sunday
Race - 14:00 - 32 - Sunny
Last edited by Ed on Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:31 am

Sun Sun Sun ....isnt it always.....

People say that you cant overtake at the hungoraring (did i spell it right?) but i have got a feeling that sunday could be slightly different to what people think because.....
This is where JPM is gonna go on the attack, with Kimi not far behind...if he makes it to the end that is. :oops:

What i want to see though is what the Mclarens will look like, with there new sponsors and everything....does anyone know?

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:59 am

<T-K> wrote:Sun Sun Sun ....isnt it always.....

People say that you cant overtake at the hungoraring (did i spell it right?) but i have got a feeling that sunday could be slightly different to what people think because.....
This is where JPM is gonna go on the attack, with Kimi not far behind...if he makes it to the end that is. :oops:

What i want to see though is what the Mclarens will look like, with there new sponsors and everything....does anyone know?
Pointy at one end, blunt at the other.
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Graham Ross
Racer
Racer

Post by Graham Ross » Thu Jul 28, 2005 10:10 am

If I remember correctly last year or the one before Montoya actually managed to overtake at the Hungaroring. This year it will be a tad more difficult as he will be in the lead :lol:

This will be a HOT race by the looks and if the Bridgestones melted in 20 degrees last week, they wont' last here. This will be a real chance for Sauber to beat them.

I think I better go change my picks :D

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:26 am

If I remember correctly last year or the one before Montoya actually managed to overtake at the Hungaroring. This year it will be a tad more difficult as he will be in the lead :lol:
I concur...

But what you need to realize is that all the passing will be done by Kimi who will come from the back (those damn engines), and astoundingly weave his way through the field....

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:27 am

julian mayo wrote:
<T-K> wrote:Sun Sun Sun ....isnt it always.....

Pointy at one end, blunt at the other.
:evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:28 am

The FIA Thursday Press Conference is now available here with Jenson Button, Giancarlo Fisichella, Jacques Villeneuve and Kimi Raikkonen

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:28 pm

Villeneuve is confident of staying at BMW next season. Heard that julian and Graham :lol:
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:15 pm

1st Friday Practice Session: Alex Wurz fastest ahead of Rubens Barrichello, Jenson Button, Kimi Raikkonen, Michael Schumacher, Felipe Massa, Nick Heidfeld and Juan Pablo Montoya make the top 8.
Full Results - Commentary

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Fri Jul 29, 2005 11:25 pm

2nd Friday Practice Session: Ricardo Zonta fastest ahead of Alex Wurz and Kimi Raikkonen. Jarno Trulli, Ralf Schumacher, Juan Pablo Montoya, Rubens Barrichello and Fernando Alonso make the top 8.
Full Results - Commentary

danilen1
F3 Tester
F3 Tester

Post by danilen1 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:40 am

<T-K>, i think the mclarens are gonna be red and gold - johnnie walker (mmmnn) is their new main sponsor, although they could be black and gold like johnnie walker black label? - that would let mclaren keep similiar colours to the one they have - doubt it though..
Yeha, I agree that montoya is gonna win this one.. probably qualify on pole and the mclaren is just so much better than the renaults ( i say that as a renault supporter) that I doubt alonso can keep up with him after the first stops - just look at Silverstone. Dont see much that can hold montoya back bar a car failure.. but he doesnt seem to get those like kimi.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:13 am

JayVee wrote:Villeneuve is confident of staying at BMW next season. Heard that julian and Graham :lol:
Tis only his opinion :D

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Jul 30, 2005 9:16 am

danilen1 wrote:<T-K>, i think the mclarens are gonna be red and gold - johnnie walker (mmmnn) is their new main sponsor, although they could be black and gold like johnnie walker black label? - that would let mclaren keep similiar colours to the one they have - doubt it though..
Yeha, I agree that montoya is gonna win this one.. probably qualify on pole and the mclaren is just so much better than the renaults ( i say that as a renault supporter) that I doubt alonso can keep up with him after the first stops - just look at Silverstone. Dont see much that can hold montoya back bar a car failure.. but he doesnt seem to get those like kimi.
There will probably be some "mercedes silver" in the mix, as well.
Monty's biggest problem is brain failure, as the Heretic says. :D