The 2010 Italian Grand Prix Thread

Discuss all the aspects of the Formula 1 sport here

Moderators: cmlean, Ed, The Qualiflyer, The Heretic

Italian Grand Prix - Driver of the day ?

Fernando Alonso
22%
Jenson Button
29%
Felipe Massa
1%
Sebastian Vettel
5%
Nico Rosberg
2%
Mark Webber
34%
Nico Hulkenberg
1%
Robert Kubica
2%
Michael Schumacher
4%
Rubens Barrichello
1%

Total votes: 182

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

The 2010 Italian Grand Prix Thread

Post by Ed » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:14 pm

This is the place to discuss everything related to the fourteenth round of the 2010 season taking place at Monza circuit between the 10th and the 12th of September.

To submit your 10 'n' Pole Picks for Italy click here, to register in the competition click here

Track Layout

The event timetable for the Italian Grand Prix.

Friday
1st Practice 10:00 local time - 08:00 GMT
2nd Practice 14:00 local time - 12:00 GMT

Saturday
Practice 11:00 local time - 9:00 GMT
Qualifying 14:00 local time - 12:00 GMT

Sunday
Race 14:00 local time - 12:00 GMT

For the latest Formula 1 News check out the F1 news page

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:13 am

Race results: Alonso wins ahead of Button, Massa, Vettel, Rosberg, Webber, Hulkenberg, Kubica, Schumacher and Barrichello.

Full weekend commentary here

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Tue Sep 14, 2010 4:13 pm

Boy things are starting to get very interesting. :D
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

Thaddeus
F1 Tester
F1 Tester

Post by Thaddeus » Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:37 pm

Aye, from a title perspective it was a great complement to the Spa result.

Shame Button couldn't win, but he did a great job and made a clever call going for extra downforce.

Webber's favourite for the title now, I think. His lead is slender, but the Red Bulls have gotten some of their worst circuits out of the way and there are only 5 (or 4, if Korea isn't ready in time) tracks left to go.

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:45 am

Thaddeus wrote:Aye, from a title perspective it was a great complement to the Spa result.

Shame Button couldn't win, but he did a great job and made a clever call going for extra downforce.

Webber's favourite for the title now, I think. His lead is slender, but the Red Bulls have gotten some of their worst circuits out of the way and there are only 5 (or 4, if Korea isn't ready in time) tracks left to go.
It could be quite tight at the end of the year but if Mark keeps going with good results the title should (hopefully) be his. Wow Australia will certainly celebrate that!!!! World champions are not hot on the ground around here. Well not in F1 anyway.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:55 am

If the webbo wins, I might even have a WT !! :lol:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:01 am

Alonso drove brilliantly and won the race. More importantly, he is back in the title hunt.

Singapore should be good for him :shock: The only concern is whether he will have enough engines and I suspect one or two will be affected by this by the time they get to the final 2 races.

I'd also be happy if Webber wins it although I feel that the Red Bull will continue having reliability problems.

Hamilton gets applauded sometimes for his crazy moves but that catches him just like what happened in Italy. In a way he and Vettel are similar.
It would be great to see Button ahead of him at the end of the season, that may teach him!
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:18 pm

If Alonso wins the title, I hope he buys a very, very, special gift for Massa.

Thaddeus
F1 Tester
F1 Tester

Post by Thaddeus » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:46 pm

Alonso drove well, but brilliantly?

He crashed into the back of Button and damaged his diffuser, yet still couldn't pass him despite having a car that (as we saw after the pit stops) was much quicker.

Hamilton was out of the race early and Massa was slower (either by nature or order), so it was only an Alonso-Button battle.

Alonso's not been impressive this season. He crashed in Monaco practice, jumped the start in China , incurred a number of penalties, at least one of which was avoidable, and has been unable to pass either Massa or Button on the track.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:08 am

The spin and "stall''" across the track was a tad interesting... :shock: He is undeniably a brilliantly quick pilot, from memory the only guy currently in F1 who beat him on a regular basis was one M. Webber, and it was about 50:50, one of the reasons, I guess that they are good friends, and why Webbo was not his partner at Renault, perhaps ? 8)

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:36 am

Yes he hasn't been most impressive by his standards this season. But if you want to compare you compare teammates and of the top teams he had the biggest margin over his teammate and that is before Germany.
He won the first race for Ferrari on debut and won the Italian GP for Ferrari on his debut. One can always look at the negatives

I do not support team orders but at least Ferrari are open about it. And we shall wait and see how Vettel and Webber deal with each other over the next few races and perhaps some will start calling for team orders at Red Bull and then we'll see special gifts to Vettel will we ?

No disrespect to Webber but I think it is Alonso who is the double world champion. Anyway, I don't think they were ever teammates so can't compare them head to head really.
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:21 pm

Seb didn't buy the Webbo a birthday present. He has stayed well away ever since !!

Thaddeus
F1 Tester
F1 Tester

Post by Thaddeus » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:30 pm

I think it was Vettel being nice, actually. Imagine if he had bought Webber a nice, thoughtful present, driven down to deliver it personally, and then lost control and accidentally rammed Webber's favourite car :P

Regarding Alonso: Massa was recovering from a serious head injury for the first part of the season. In Germany, he was leading Alonso, who was unable to pass him. Never been a fan of Alonso's miserable persona, but I do respect his driving ability.

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:31 am

Julian Mayo wrote:Seb didn't buy the Webbo a birthday present. He has stayed well away ever since !!
:ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: ..... :rolling:
Yeah I can see that happening.... not. Sharing a beer and a slice of birthday cake. :rolling:

Hey good to hear from you JayVee. You have been keeping quiet most of the year.
No offence meant but I am sincerely hoping this will be Mark's year.
Alonso the cute already has enough in the trophy cabinet.
:D :D :D

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:35 am

I don't agree with team orders either however if they are going to have them I believe that team mates should ONLY be asked to move over in the later stages of the year when one team member is the the race for the WDC. They reallly should at this level of competition be able to race fairly for the title as long as they don't take each other out.
This is of couse only my opinion. I am sure there are many of you out there who will beg to differ.