Honda announcement imminent

Discuss all the aspects of the Formula 1 sport here

Moderators: cmlean, Ed, The Qualiflyer, The Heretic

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Honda announcement imminent

Post by Ed » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:54 pm

According to the latest reports, there could be some positive news coming out very soon regarding the Honda F1 team. It is reported that a management buyout lead by Ross Brawn is in the final stages and an announcement is imminent.

There are also reports indicating that the Honda team is preparing to join at least one of the winter tests scheduled this month.

There have been various reports recently about the team being bought out but nothing has been confirmed yet. Lets hope this time, it is confirmed as time is running out.

Related: Honda rescue 'contracts signed' - team source

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:45 am

:D Cheers, Ed.

It is certainly good news if Ross Braun is NOT out of a job! I had been looking forward to his turning Honda into a contender and I'm hoping this will be the case. Any chance that Bernie E. is funding the buy out behind the scenes? It would certainly be the first GOOD news in F1 since the economy soured. Peter Windsor's game face at the USF1 announcement --which was long on generalities and spin and short on details and actual news-- did little to suggest to me that he has much more than a website (which, by the way, is currently 'down'). I wonder if he has even purchased any tyres!

can't wait for melbourne

jim watt
My Racing Gods: Fangio, Vukovich; Senna & Mears --all racers all the time; graceful winners & generous in defeat, but never giving up!!

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:05 pm

Another update on the Honda situation, the team is reported to be planning a shakedown next Thursday at Silverstone.

Related: Rescued Honda to be called 'Brackley F1'

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:03 pm

First it was Brackley F1, now it is Brawn Racing....

Reports are now suggesting that an official announcement will be made on Thursday regarding the Honda team buyout .... keep those fingers crossed :wink:

Related: New Honda to be called 'Brawn Racing'?

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:53 pm

The latest on the Honda buyout or bailout is that an announcement is likely to be made on Friday and that is when a shakedown of the new car will take place.

Reports are now indicating that Jenson Button and Rubens Barrichello will drive for the team and that Bruno Senna has missed out.

Related: Barrichello hopeful, Senna 'upset'
Team silent as Honda F1 saga reaches apex

Stay tuned!

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:18 am

It seems that we will have 10 Formula 1 teams racing this season although nothing has yet been confirmed regarding the Honda team. However not only was Nick Fry present at the FOTA meeting and presss conference on Thursday (see photo here) but he was also quoted as saying this:
It's correct to say our team has, and will, benefit from FOTA in the future.
Everyone here (FOTA) has helped us preserve our team, and myself, Ross (Brawn) and our 700 employees all thank them for that.
Related: Fry hints team survival announcement imminent
Last edited by Ed on Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:46 am

Well, it is now confirmed that Honda F1 team will become Brawn GP Formula One team. The thread with the announcement is here

Best wishes to the newest Formula 1 team on the grid. It will be a real challenge but under the management of Ross Brawn, we can be assured that the team is in good hands. And they may surprise many as they have been focussing on the 2009 car since the early part of last season.