Feb.10 (GMM) Sebastian Vettel has scotched suggestions that Albert Park may be silent in late March due to the dispute over driver Superlicenses.
FIA president Max Mosley last week confirmed that no driver currently holds a valid Superlicense for the 2009 season, as the Grand Prix Drivers' Association (GPDA) is taking issue with the rising costs of the mandatory credential.At the launch of Red Bull's new RB5 car at Jerez on Monday, 21-year-old Vettel revealed that he is a GPDA member and fully backs the disgruntled statement released by the body a few days ago.But he played down fears that the dispute could affect next month's season opening grand prix, despite Mosley warning that no driver will be permitted to exit the Melbourne pitlane if they do not possess a new Superlicense featuring his signature."No, I do not see that, because we do want to drive," Vettel is quoted as saying by the Rheinische Post publication on Monday.The German driver, who won the Italian grand prix last year, confirmed that his license will cost "a little more" than 80,000 euros for 2009.He said: "Everyone should be careful how they treat this issue, because no-one wants the headlines to say that the drivers are going to strike."That has never been said, only that we are not happy with the situation. We are open to cooperate with the FIA."What happens in the future, we will have to wait and see," Vettel added.