Jul.4 (GMM) F1 chief executive Bernie Ecclestone on Friday said Indianapolis is unlikely to return to the final formula one calendar for 2009.
The US grand prix fell off the schedule last year, after the diminutive Briton and Indianapolis Motor Speedway chief Tony George failed to agree a financial deal.When asked by reporters at Silverstone if there is a chance of an eleventh-hour reprieve for a 2009 running, 77-year-old Ecclestone said: "I don't think so."I spoke to Tony George yesterday. We'll get together and see what we can come up with."With the Max Mosley war reportedly now over, Ecclestone said formalising a new Concorde Agreement is now also back on track."We will get (it) signed, which we have been cracking away on for a long time."I don't need it, but the teams need it, so we will get that done. It's all in place," he added.