Jun.20 (GMM) Lewis Hamilton on Friday said he will not be taking part in a formula one driver strike -- despite saying at Magny Cours one day earlier that he supported his colleagues' push for lower superlicense fees.
Media reports on Thursday from the scene of the French grand prix said Hamilton, McLaren's 23-year-old British driver, backed the threatened strike action for his home grand prix at Silverstone next month.When asked in the FIA press conference about the possible strike, Hamilton answered: "They have my support and it's something I agree with as well."But in a statement on Friday, he clarified that he is "not involved in any strike talks"."I am here to race, to do my job for the team, for myself and for the fans of formula one," Hamilton insisted.The former championship leader also said he doubts the drivers' concerns about their exorbitant FIA credentials will actually result in industrial action."I don't believe for one minute the drivers will take such drastic measures," Hamilton said."We have the British grand prix in a couple of weeks' time and other grands prix to follow, and I'm certainly not planning on missing any of them."