The 2006 Bahrain Formula One Grand Prix

Discuss all the aspects of the Formula 1 sport here

Moderators: cmlean, Ed, The Qualiflyer, The Heretic

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:15 am

If there is a dissapointement of the day award, it would have to go to Montoya who finished behind Kimi who started last :shock: :shock: .

Button did a good job considering the bad start and had Nico not tangled with Heidfeld he probably would have made Webber look ordinary but the Williams seems to be good and that is good news :D imho
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

Snowy
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by Snowy » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:30 am

So we think Williams is conserving engines, surely if engine conservation was really an issue we wouldn't have seen Kimi coming from the back of the grid? And another thing :shock: Bahrain has traditionally been a one stop race, you can tell that it really does favour just one stop because there was not one team on the whole grid that attempted three stops. The nature of qualifying with race fuel skews the stategy some what and makes two stops possible but it still isn't optimal. :evil:

And I hate to ask this as I absolutely hate knowing that other people know that I don't know something but I have to know anyway. what does imho mean? :shock: :wave:
Lewis Hamilton & Jenson Button World Champions :)

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:59 am

Snowy wrote:So we think Williams is conserving engines, surely if engine conservation was really an issue we wouldn't have seen Kimi coming from the back of the grid? And another thing :shock: Bahrain has traditionally been a one stop race, you can tell that it really does favour just one stop because there was not one team on the whole grid that attempted three stops. The nature of qualifying with race fuel skews the stategy some what and makes two stops possible but it still isn't optimal. :evil:

And I hate to ask this as I absolutely hate knowing that other people know that I don't know something but I have to know anyway. what does imho mean? :shock: :wave:
In My Honest Opinion.
Ok, Lewis may win the WDC in 07, but Sato will beat him in 08.

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:02 pm

Snowy wrote:
mlittle wrote: I just hope that McLaren figures out how to make their car reliable or it's a long, long season for Raikkonen and Montoya.
I don't think you have much to worry about Mfer, both Merc's made it to the end of the race and they were quick (in the right hands) weren't they?

I think the Honda of JB has more to give and I can't wait to review the live timing on the official F1 web site and get some insight into their real pace Jenson was very confident that he had the pace just not the luck with traffic. :D

It really is shaping up better than we could have possibly imagined :D

:wave: :mrgreen:
Point taken, snowy. It's a shame that Raikkonen had to start last for the race, but if McLaren has problems like this a few more times this year.....I know I said it during the preseason, but it bears repeating....McLaren, if they want to help Raikkonen (and) Montoya this year, they have got to make the MP4-21 fast and reliable. But you are right, snowy, both cars did make it to the end.
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:47 pm

JayVee wrote:If there is a dissapointement of the day award, it would have to go to Montoya who finished behind Kimi who started last :shock: :shock: .

Button did a good job considering the bad start and had Nico not tangled with Heidfeld he probably would have made Webber look ordinary but the Williams seems to be good and that is good news :D imho
Compare the lap times JV. Then remember that Webber never got close to 9tenths, while Nico was often on the limit. With Malaysia looming I know which engine I would prefer to have.
And I am not taking anything away from Nico....you know how highly I rate him and that was a cracker of a drive.
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Redhead
2006 8 'n' Pole Round Winner
2006 8 'n' Pole Round Winner

Post by Redhead » Mon Mar 13, 2006 9:11 pm

JayVee wrote:If there is a dissapointement of the day award, it would have to go to Montoya who finished behind Kimi who started last :shock: :shock: .
JPM was disappointingly unable to keep up with the front runners, but I think the award should go Toyota, they were dismal :roll:
All Italiano WDC 2007!
(OK there was a Finn, a Brazilian and a Frenchman ...........)

GhoGho
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by GhoGho » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:54 pm

Snowy wrote: And another thing :shock: Bahrain has traditionally been a one stop race, you can tell that it really does favour just one stop because there was not one team on the whole grid that attempted three stops.
Traditionally a 1 STOPPER :?:
Ferrari won with a three stopper in 2004.

Last year with tyres not part of the equation there was little point in stopping three times, and Renault won with a 2 stop strategy :!:

3-2 = 1 :maths: :?: Wish I could get a tradion going so quickly :lol:

PS The McMirrors are the only team who could pull off a 1 stop strategy :!:
I'm in shape

Round is a shape...........

:cheers:

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:30 am

Snowy wrote:Bahrain has traditionally been a one stop race, you can tell that it really does favour just one stop because there was not one team on the whole grid that attempted three stops.
The first race in 2004 most drivers were on 3 stops but in 2005 most where on 2 stops just like this year.

And Ralf was actually on a 3 stopper this year!

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:32 am

rah wrote:In My Honest Opinion.
Or Humble :wink:

Snowy
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by Snowy » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:18 am

I apologise I was mistaken :?
Lewis Hamilton & Jenson Button World Champions :)

GhoGho
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by GhoGho » Tue Mar 14, 2006 2:21 am

Snowy wrote:I apologise I was mistaken :?

Sno problem :lol:
I'm in shape

Round is a shape...........

:cheers: