Silly Season--CCWS, 2006

All about the Champ Car World Series (CCWS)

Moderators: Ed, mlittle

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Jan 31, 2006 2:53 pm

Hmmmmmm..........Legge + de Matta :lol:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Seat Predictions, 4 February 2006

Post by mlittle » Sun Feb 05, 2006 11:52 am

Once again, here are the seat projections for the 2006 ChampCar season, in all their glory.... 8) :shock:

1}Newman-Haas Racing(2):Sebastien Bourdais, Bruno Junquiera. According to team sources, efforts to field a third car fell apart recently, so the team is likely going to run a two car effort, meaning that Oriol Servia, Timo Glock and Cristiano da Matta have been shown the proverbial door. :(

2}PKV Racing(2):Katherine Legge, Oriol Servia(?), Franck Montagny, Jimmy Vasser(?), Cristiano da Matta(?). Let's see....no driver lineup set yet; Vasser has yet to announce his plans for 2006, and apparently, Montagny's test impressed everyone present, including Vasser, Legge, and manager Jim McGee. Where's that bottle of Motrin.....that headache's coming back... :shock: :shock:

3}Forsythe Championship Racing(2-3):Paul Tracy, Mario Dominguez, Rodalfo Lavin(?), Patrick Carpentier(?). Sources close to FCR report that Dominguez will likely be signed in the next week or two, filling the team's second seat. Still no word on whether the team will run a third seat for a partial season, though.

4}RuSport Racing(2):Justin Wilson, A.J. Allmendinger. No changes at present.

5}Rocketsports Racing(2):Michael McDowell, Timo Glock(?), Franck Montagny, Dan Clarke(?), Charles Zwolsman(?). While McDowell appears to be safe for 2006, the second seat for Paul Gentilozzi's squad may go to either Glock or Montagny. Stay tuned..... :shock:

6}CTE-HVM Racing(2):Ronnie Bremer, Oriol Servia, Dan Clarke, Bjorn Wirdheim, Milka Duno(?), Homero Richards(?). The rumor-mill now says that Bremer might not return for 2006, despite assurances from the team that Bremer's seat was secure for 2006. :? Throw in Oriol Servia into the mix, and it really gets confusing..... :? :shock:

7}MiJack-Conquest Racing(2):Nelson Phillipe, Andrew Ranger, Giorgio Pantano(?). The team is expected to re-sign Ranger for 2006, and the rumor-mill reports that Pantano may run a third MJCR car at selected events.

8}Team Australia(2-3):Will Power, Alex Tagliani, Charles Zwolsman(?), Ryan Briscoe(?), Will Davison(?). No changes at present.

9}Dale Coyne Racing(2):Ricardo Sperafico(?), Lusi Schaivo(?), Michael Valiante(?), Tarso Marques(?), Gaston Mazzacane(?). No changes at present.

10}EuroInternational(1): Jan Heylen(?), Enrico Toccacelo(?). No changes at present.

No. of Confirmed Seats:7
No. of Open Seats:14-18 seats(likely 11-14 seats)
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sun Feb 05, 2006 12:25 pm

PKV had best run 3 cars :D

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:41 pm

I think a few of the teams will run three cars.....in 2007, when the new Panoz DP01 chassis is introduced; it doesn't make sense for anyone to run three cars, w/all the inherent sponsorship issues everyone has at the moment(and the simple fact that the current Lola's useless at season's end). Now, some of the teams listed might run a third car for some events, but right now....I'd say only Team Australia's likely to run a 3-car team.

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Historic Announcement Set for Tuesday

Post by mlittle » Tue Feb 14, 2006 2:01 pm

According to multiple sources(autoracing1.com and speedtv.com), PKV Racing will tap current Atlantic Championship driver Katherine Legge to drive one of the teams' two FC/L's for the 2006 season. In doing so, Legge will be only the fourth woman to compete in the history of Champ Car(dating back to 1979), joining Janet Guthrie, Desire Wilson and Lyn St. James. The announcement is set for tomorrow in Los Angeles, where Champ Car is also set to unveil the new 2006-spec Atlantics car, and where Newman-Wachs Racing is set to announce their '06 Atlantics lineup.

All-in-all, a historic day awaits. All anyone can do is sit back and watch. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :bouncey: :bounce: :bouncec: :bouncest: :bounceg: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Re: Historic Announcement Set for Tuesday

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:11 pm

mlittle wrote:According to multiple sources(autoracing1.com and speedtv.com), PKV Racing will tap current Atlantic Championship driver Katherine Legge to drive one of the teams' two FC/L's for the 2006 season. In doing so, Legge will be only the fourth woman to compete in the history of Champ Car(dating back to 1979), joining Janet Guthrie, Desire Wilson and Lyn St. James. The announcement is set for tomorrow in Los Angeles, where Champ Car is also set to unveil the new 2006-spec Atlantics car, and where Newman-Wachs Racing is set to announce their '06 Atlantics lineup.

All-in-all, a historic day awaits. All anyone can do is sit back and watch. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :bouncey: :bounce: :bouncec: :bouncest: :bounceg: :clap: :clap: :clap:
:bouncec: :bouncey: :bounce: :TOTW: :TOTW: :TOTW: :TOTW: :TOTW: :TOTW: :TOTW: :TOTW: :TOTW: :TOTW: :TOTW: :TOTW: :TOTW: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :bounce: :bouncec: :bounce: :bouncec: :bounceg: :bounceg: :bounceg: :bounceg: :bouncest: :bouncest: :bouncest: :bouncest: :bouncest: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :bouncest: :bouncest: :bouncest: :bounceg: :bounceg: :bounceg: :bounceg: :bounceg: :bouncec: :bounce: :TOTW: :TOTW: :TOTW: :TOTW: :TOTW: :TOTW: :cheers: :cheers: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

:oops: er, good news, what .

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:14 pm

Don't get too excited, julian........there's still no word on who PKV's second driver will be. Could be Dalziel, Pantano,.....maybe even Briscoe.... :shock: :shock: :shock:

If it is Briscoe..... :danger: :danger: :shock: :shock: :shock: :burnout: :argue: :burnout:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:28 pm

Any news yet, huh, huh :drink: :bouncey:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Feb 14, 2006 11:39 pm

:cry:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:30 am

WELL?
:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:45 am

I DON'T SUPPOSE YOU HAPPEN TO HAVE ANY NEWS YET ?
( tarheels were probably the last to hear about a certain little argument about independence, unionism, texas,paris hilton the wright brothers, the blues brothers, dolly parton, typhoon tracy, steven bradbury, the 15ft surf at Piha yesterday, the eh holden, that John howard is not very tall, the spruce goose did fly, the ban on whaling in Gulf Waters, withdawing is not a safe contraception, the Winchester is better than the Spencer, and My dawg killed a Brown Snake on the kitchen floor at 5am this morning...... the Spencer was more accurate but slower to load.....I was more of a Sharp 50.cal sort of a person

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Wed Feb 15, 2006 4:05 am

The announcement is set, according to all the available info, for 7:30 PM PST(10:30 PM EST), in Los Angeles when both CC and the CCAC will have their press conferences/announcements this evening.

When they announce it, I'll post it.

P.S. Nice tarheel dig, julian, but you forgot one thing......we tarheels were the last to secede from the union in 1861, and were the last to be dragged back into it.... 8) 8) :shock: :shock: :crush: :crush: :crush: :mrgreen:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:52 am

mlittle wrote:The announcement is set, according to all the available info, for 7:30 PM PST(10:30 PM EST), in Los Angeles when both CC and the CCAC will have their press conferences/announcements this evening.

P.S. Nice tarheel dig, julian, but you forgot one thing......we tarheels were the last to secede from the union in 1861, and were the last to be dragged back into it.... 8) 8) :shock: :shock: :crush: :crush: :crush: :mrgreen:
Are you saying that Tarheels are "slow" :shock:
Whats the time ? Any news yet ?

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:33 am

Julian Mayo wrote:
mlittle wrote:The announcement is set, according to all the available info, for 7:30 PM PST(10:30 PM EST), in Los Angeles when both CC and the CCAC will have their press conferences/announcements this evening.

Are you saying that Tarheels are "slow" :shock:
Whats the time ? Any news yet ?
No, we're not that slow....anyway, the announcement's this evening; we shall find out then.

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Seat Projections, 15 Feb. 2006

Post by mlittle » Wed Feb 15, 2006 6:51 pm

Considering all the momentous news concerning one of the teams listed, here are the projections for 2006.......

1}Newman-Haas Racing(2):Sebastien Bourdais, Bruno Junquiera. No changes at present.

2}PKV Racing(2):Katherine Legge(R), Oriol Servia, Ryan Briscoe(?), Franck Montagny(?), Giorgio Pantano(?). Where do I start? Ok...1-Legge will be driving for the team in 2006; 2-unless Vasser does an about-face, he will not be on the grid in April, and 3-the second seat is still open, w/either Briscoe, Pantano or Montagny the probable choices.

3}Forsythe Championship Racing(2):Paul Tracy, Mario Dominguez, Rodalfo Lavin(?), Patrick Carpentier(?). No changes at present.

4}RuSport Racing(2):Justin Wilson, A.J. Allmendinger. No changes at present.

5}Rocketsports Racing(2):Michael McDowell, Timo Glock(?), Franck Montagny(?), Richard Lyons(?), Dan Clarke(?), Charles Zwolsman(?). No changes at present.

6}CTE-HVm Racing(2): Ronnie Bremer, Oriol Servia(?), Dan Clarke(?), Bjorn Wirdheim(?), Milka Duno(?). No changes at present.

7}MiJack-Conquest Racing(2):Nelson Phillipe, Andrew Ranger, Giorgio Pantano(?). No changes at present.

8}Team Australia(2-3):Will Power, Alex Tagliani, Charles Zwolsman(?), Ryan Briscoe(?), Will Davison(?). No changes at present.

9}Dale Coyne Racing(2):Ricardo Sperafico(?), Tarso Marques(?), Michael Valiante(?), Gaston Mazzacane(?). No changes at present.

10}EuroInternational(1):Jan Heylen(?), Enrico Toccacelo(?). No changes at present.

No. of confirmed seats:8
No. of open seats:13-17 seats(likely 10-13)