Open Wheel Trivia III

All about Indy Racing League (IRL)

Moderators: Ed, mlittle

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Open Wheel Trivia III

Post by mlittle » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:48 pm

With two rounds down, we now move to round 3. Currently, lemon_martini2 leads with 13.5 pts, JayVee is 2nd with 10 pts, and julian mayo is 3rd with 9 pts. But, with five rounds to go, anyone can still win.

Here, then, are the questions for Open Wheel Trivia III. PM the answers to me by midnight U.S. EDT(04:00 UTC), 28 August, and good luck!

Questions 1-5:Which track does each section belong to?

1]Paddock Hill Bend
2]White's Corner
3]Namerow
4]Ese del Lago
5]Rainey Corner

6]Which racetrack has been on the ChampCar schedule the longest....The Milwaukee Mile, Cleveland-Burke Lakefront Airport, or Portland Intl. Raceway?

7]Who currently holds the record for the most wins in an IndyCar Series season(as of Kentucky 2005)?

8]2 drivers in the modern era of the ChampCar World Series(since 1979) have won 3 series titles. Who are they?

9]What current IndyCar Series team will begin competing in the American LeMans Series' LMP-2 class at the Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta?

10]In the history of the Indianapolis 500, only 4 women have ever competed in that race. Who are they?

Good luck, and enjoy!
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Open-Wheel Trivia III Answers

Post by mlittle » Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:04 pm

Granted, only one person dared challenge this round's questions(thanks, lemon!), but, it was a challenging round. Now, here are the answers....

1}Paddock Hill Bend--Brands Hatch
2}White's Corner--Mosport Intl. Speedway
3}Namerow--Circuit le Mt. Tremblant
4}Ese del Lago--Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez
5}Rainey Corner--Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca

6}While Portland has been around since 1984, and Cleveland graced the "modern-era" ChampCar schedule in 1982, the Milwaukee Mile first graced the schedule in 1980.

7}Sam Hornish, Jr. currently holds the record for most IndyCar Series wins with 14.

8}Both legends, the two are Rick Mears(1979, 1981 and 1982) and Bobby Rahal(1986, 1987, and 1992).

9}Team Penske will begin running a Porsche RS-Spyder LMP-2 car in the American LeMans Series at Road Atlanta's Petit Le Mans.

10}In the 89 runnings of the Indinapaolis 500, only 4 women have ever competed there. They are: Janet Guthrie, Lyn St. James, Sarah Fisher and Danica Patrick.

With only one set of answers submitted...the results were thus:

1--Lemon_Martini2 3.0 pts.

The standings after round 3...

1-Lemon_Martini2 16.5 pts.
2-JayVee 10.0 pts.
3-Julian Mayo 9.0 pts.

Don't miss round 4, which I should have posted in a few day. Now, if I could just figure out how to get more people involved.....
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock: