MOTOR SPORT QUOTES

All about V8 Supercars Racing

Moderators: Ed, Julian Mayo

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

MOTOR SPORT QUOTES

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:03 am

Drivers are renowned for saying things that raise eyebrows, whether it is over the radio, or in pit lane. One of the most famous is "Gentleman" Jim Richards on the podium at Bathurst with "YOU ARE ALL BASTARDS ". If you have a favourite from any form of Motor Sport, let us know. If you here one, it doesn't mean every one else has, so share it.
My quote of the day from QLD Raceway came from Ambrose immediately after the race..." I WAS BEATEN BY A BETTER DRIVER IN A BETTER CAR,ON THE DAY" .........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot recall any driver being so open.
It certainly had me raising an eyebrow. Over to you, guys.
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

North American MotorSports Quotes

Post by mlittle » Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:53 am

Okay, julian, see if you can top any of these.....

1}Paul Tracy at Edmonton(17 July 2005):(in reference to Bourdais's win) "He must have a golden horseshoe up his rear to (win) a mistake-free race today."

2}Bobby Rahal at Indy(29 May 2005):(in reference to Danica Patrick's spin on the lap 155 restart that took out Panther Racing's Tomas Scheckter and Tomas Enge) "No harm, no foul."

3}David Letterman at Indy(29 May 2005):(referring to Patrick's 4th place finish in the 500) "She held that car perpendicular to the concrete. That was one helluva run."

4}Dan Wheldon(3 June 2005, on the morning TV show Live with Regis and Kelly, when asked about the race) "Danica who?"

I'll stop for now with one more....

5}Dale Earnhardt, Jr.(2004 NASCAR race at Talledega, when asked about winning his fifth race at the 2.67-mile superspeedway): "It don't mean s---; my daddy won here 10 times in his career." Unfortunately, the remark cost him 10,000 USD, 25 pts, and probably the Nextel Cup title last year.

Now, granted, two of the quotes aren't from drivers, but ya' have to admit, sometimes the drivers aren't the only ones who'll say something interesting.
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:04 pm

Thats the sort of thing I am looking for, Mfer.
Alan Jones, ex WDC, after a v8 supercar race at Philip Isle said, to a driver that accused him of something ..
"come behind the pits and say that."
The other driver didn't so AJ dropped him with a right hook anyway.

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

More quotes....

Post by mlittle » Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:56 pm

Here's a few more....

1}the late Dale Earnhardt, Sr.(late 1999, after winning at Bristol in a NASCAR Winston Cup[now Nextel Cup] race): "I didn't mean to put him into the wall...I just meant to rattle his cage, that's all."

2}Katherine Legge(April 2005, after winning her first Toyota Atlantics race in Long Beach,Ca.): "I'm dead chuffed...I don't know what to say."

3}Former ChampCar owner Cal Wells to then-driver Oriol Servia (following an on-track incident w/Paul Tracy a couple of yrs. ago at Surfers Paradise in a CART race in 2000: "Your services will no longer be needed after Fontana." What's worse about Wells' quote...he said it over the open pit channel, which anyone could hear w/a scanner.

4}Then Team Green owner Kim Green to Paul Tracy(after he crashed into then-teammate Dario Franchitti at the Shell Grand Prix of Houston in late 1999): "Way to go, Paul, you idiot. You ------ idiot, you just took your teammate out of the championship, by the way." Green BTW, is now co-owner of the IRL's Andretti-Green Racing team.

5}Scott Dixon(referring to Infineon Raceway following the IRL open test in April 2005): "It's actually like Laguna Seca on drugs."

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:07 pm

Stop googling :twisted:

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:18 pm

It's not googling, julian. Follow the sport long enough, and you'll hear dozens of quotes from racers and owners, not just in CART,but from the IRL, NASCAR and other racing series. And these ten are the ones that come to mind the easiest, either because I've read them in the papers after the race or actually heard the quotes, either in person or during the race broadcasts themselves(quotes 1-5 in group 1 and quotes 1-4 in group 2). Dixon's quote came from the open test at Infineon(saw it while trying to find out who had the fastest time during that test; I wrote it down because its' one very funny quote).

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:33 pm

okay, allready :lol:

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:04 am

This is from South African racing......

Gary Whitehouse after crashing his Formula GTI heavily into the wall at Kyalami(which he walked away from) - " Well that was fun, i`m a bit upset i didnt do it in front of the crowd though..."

Craig Matthews when asked about his return to Formula Vee- "To race or not to race, what a stupid question...."

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:45 am

And lets not forget in bahrain when Nick Heidfeld was asked about his retirement and how he wouldnt be spraying the champagne, he simply replied...."well, we're in Bahrain, there is no champagne"

dry German Humour

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:30 am

John Palmer, after spinning, catching a wheel and getting some serious air upside down,at or about 130kmh in a BT 18 on the last corner before pit straight at Pukekohe. We flipped his car back over with him in it, fuel all over him and the ignition on... got him out and his words were
"F...k........F..k.....f..k......" it is all he said, and was still saying when theyput him in the ambulance.

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by <T-K> » Sat Aug 13, 2005 2:53 am

julian mayo wrote:We flipped his car back over
:?: :?: WE :?: :?: as in YOU :?: :?:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Aug 13, 2005 7:37 am

<T-K> wrote:
julian mayo wrote:We flipped his car back over
:?: :?: WE :?: :?: as in YOU :?: :?:
yes.

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

What Happens To a Gearshift in San Jose....

Post by mlittle » Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:30 pm

This quote was broadcast during the Toyota Atlantic race in San Jose. Early on, Tonis Kasemets was leading when, on lap 9, his car's gearbox failed, or as he put it....."The freaking handle just snapped off in my hand!!!"

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Re: What Happens To a Gearshift in San Jose....

Post by <T-K> » Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:42 pm

mlittle wrote:This quote was broadcast during the Toyota Atlantic race in San Jose. Early on, Tonis Kasemets was leading when, on lap 9, his car's gearbox failed, or as he put it....."The freaking handle just snapped off in my hand!!!"
:lol: :lol: :oops: :lol: :lol:

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

How to Get Away with 1 Qualifying Lap

Post by mlittle » Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:32 pm

During this weekend's IndyCar Series race at Chicagoland, Tomas Scheckter opted to do just one qualifying lap rather than two. When pressed by the media, he quipped.....

"I have gas problems. Prices are too high. We can only afford to do one qualifying lap today." Sometimes, drivers do say the weirdest things. :shock: :wha: