Canadian GP - US Coverage

Discuss all the aspects of the Formula 1 sport here

Moderators: cmlean, Ed, The Qualiflyer, The Heretic

CB619
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

Canadian GP - US Coverage

Post by CB619 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:43 pm

Anybody in the US want to say something about this? The coverage by CBS was horrible... so many stupid things during the broadcast.

1) The host Sheheen talking about Kimi and Schumi battling in San Marino. They didn't, idiot; that was Alonso.

2) Derek Daly getting bleeped when JPM was stuck behind the Safety car. He said "Juan Pablo was [bleep]. He should have come in" or something like that...

3) NO UNILATERALS because of time constaints (they wanted to put Annika and Wie on; who cares if we miss a few minutes Annika had a huge lead anyway)... which leads me to the biggest point

4)THE RACE WASN'T LIVE! Something like a 15min delay to talk about the grid and whatnot. I believe it started 10am Pacific and I had to wait. Why they didn't start the coverage at 9:30 I don't know.

There might be more I kind of forgot but there were SO MANY... :x

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Re: Canadian GP - US Coverage

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:02 pm

CB619 wrote:Anybody in the US want to say something about this? The coverage by CBS was horrible... so many stupid things during the broadcast.

1) The host Sheheen talking about Kimi and Schumi battling in San Marino. They didn't, idiot; that was Alonso.

2) Derek Daly getting bleeped when JPM was stuck behind the Safety car. He said "Juan Pablo was [bleep]. He should have come in" or something like that...

3) NO UNILATERALS because of time constaints (they wanted to put Annika and Wie on; who cares if we miss a few minutes Annika had a huge lead anyway)... which leads me to the biggest point

4)THE RACE WASN'T LIVE! Something like a 15min delay to talk about the grid and whatnot. I believe it started 10am Pacific and I had to wait. Why they didn't start the coverage at 9:30 I don't know.

There might be more I kind of forgot but there were SO MANY...

:x

G,day CB, I wouldn't bleat too much about the coverage time, Mate.
I watched it at 2:25 am :lol:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:38 pm

The coverage in Oz wasn't great either!!

We didn't see Alonso's brush with the wall, there was an ad break and when they claimed to be replaying it, the visual was Michael's on-board!!

We didn't see Kimi's off late in the race either
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:49 pm

JayVee wrote:The coverage in Oz wasn't great either!!

We didn't see Alonso's brush with the wall, there was an ad break and when they claimed to be replaying it, the visual was Michael's on-board!!

We didn't see Kimi's off late in the race either
Good afternoon JV :lol: Exactly :twisted: and I watched it "live" :cry:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.