Round of Russia '21 - Picks and comments

The Best F1 Guessing Game! Have a question or just want to share with us your picks

Moderators: cmlean, 10 n Pole Admin

10 n Pole Admin

Round of Russia '21 - Picks and comments

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:50 pm

10 'n' Pole players, post your picks for the 15th race of the season in Sochi.

You can log-in to the new 10 'n' Pole site and submit your picks at http://newsonf1.net/10npole/ then paste your picks here and tell us why you think your picks will be the correct ones.

For a live view of which drivers the 10 'n' Pole players are picking, visit the Popular Picks page.

To register in the competition click here.

For the latest Formula 1 news, visit the Formula 1 News page.

The deadline for submitting the picks is the start of Saturday practice 25/9/2021. That is at 12:00 Sochi time (09:00 GMT).

Good luck

cmlean

Re: Round of Russia '21 - Picks and comments

Post by cmlean » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:10 pm

Here be my picks for the 2021 Russian Grand Prix.

Winner: Lewis Hamilton
Second: Valtteri Bottas
Third: Max Verstappen
Fourth: Lando Norris
Fifth: Daniel Ricciardo
Sixth: Sergio Perez
Seventh: Charles Leclerc
Eighth: Fernando Alonso
Ninth: Pierre Gasly
Tenth: Lance Stroll
Pole: Lewis Hamilton

The race and pole have to be Lewis'. Max is carrying a 3 place grid penalty and, short of a safety car coming to his aid, this will limit his opportunities in chasing down the Silver Arrows.
Hopefully, the McLarens will also be up to speed following their stunning race at Monza. I know that they are 2 different circuits but, hopefully, they have turned the corner and are again future title contenders.
I just looked at my picks and I can't remember why I didn't pick Carlos Sainz. Oh well. Too late now.

Take them with a grain of salt as I really haven't been close this year.

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:00 am

Well CM Lean: this year none of us have been very successful at picking the PODIUM, let alone the race! :oops:

I'm still convinced Max will get the title this year and I'm picking him to win the pole and start in 3rd owing to his penalty from Monza. Which means he'll be right behind Lewis in the first lap. I'm assuming I'll get credit for picking hin to win the pole (or do I have to go with whoever starts on the pole?) Anyway, I'm not impressed by Friday Practice that Red Bull isn't sand-bagging (which they do at every race!). So enough complaining. Here's me picks:

1. Max will increas his lead and win the race with improved Honda power and his own energy! :bouncec: :bouncec:
2 Lewis will out-perform his team-mate and take the second step on the podium 8) 8)
3. Valteri, after stumbling early on, will find his way to the third step on the podium (assuming his crew don't mess up :oops:
4 I'm going out on a limb here, byt U think it's time for Sergio to get some points for the team!
5.This time I think the Aloine of Ocon will put the Ferrari's and McLarens to shame.
6. Sainz will beat his team-mate but not Ocon
7. LeClerc will tighten up the midfield race some more.
8. I doubt that Ricciardo will find his way any higher than 8th.
9. Alonso will manage to make the top ten again
10 and I expect Lance Stroll will again be three or four places ahead of Vettel.

As I said: I think Max Verstappen will win the pole but not start on ite.

As odd as my picks and reasons may be, I expect the race to be even stranger. I hope it rains as that will help both Max and Seb Vettell!

Jim Watt
My Racing Gods: Fangio, Vukovich; Senna & Mears --all racers all the time; graceful winners & generous in defeat, but never giving up!!

cmlean

Post by cmlean » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:57 am

Unfortunately Jim, qualifying includes penalties so the starting grid is used to determine the overall position.
Mind you, that didn't help either of us in this instance.

From the 10'n'Pole rules
The top 5 positions in Qualifying are determined from the official grid line-up by the FIA taking into account any penalties applied. As an example, if Max Chilton sets the fastest time in Qualifying but is penalised 10 places due to an engine failure in practice he will not be considered the Pole setter and those picking him will score zero for that pick. The 2nd fastest car in Qualifying (which will start from Pole in this case assuming this car is not penalised) will be considered the Pole setter in the competition.

10 n Pole Admin

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:36 pm

Congratulations to the winners of the Round of Russia '21

Code: Select all

Rank	Score	Player		Country
1	65	ScrapDealer	India
2	62	Muza		India
3	60	Kirks		Australia
4	57	Gundo		Venezuela
5	56	bcainslc	United States
6	55	Tim Alpha	Australia