Shell, Pennzoil Return to Indy 500 for 2011

All about Indy Racing League (IRL)

Moderators: Ed, mlittle

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Shell, Pennzoil Return to Indy 500 for 2011

Post by mlittle » Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:08 am

Helio Castroneves will have a different look at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in May. The Team Penske driver will attempt to win his record-tying fourth Indianapolis 500 in the No. 3 Shell V-Power-Pennzoil Ultra car. It's a new sponsorship program, with a red, white and yellow paint scheme replacing the black and red for the Month of May proceedings.

As announced in April, Shell and Penske Corporation announced a multi-year cross-business alliance to begin with the 2011 racing season. It allows Shell and Pennzoil to expand their motorsports presence to include associate sponsorships promoting Shell V-Power and Pennzoil Ultra with IZOD IndyCar Series drivers Will Power, Ryan Briscoe and Castroneves.

“I am very excited to be working with Shell and Pennzoil this season and I’m proud to have the opportunity to drive the beautiful Shell V-Power-Pennzoil Ultra car in the 2011 Indianapolis 500, representing the No. 1 premium gasoline and Pennzoil’s most advanced motor oil in the U.S.,” Castroneves said. “Shell and Pennzoil have such a great history in Indy car racing and they have certainly had some special moments with Penske Racing at the Indy 500. I hope we can create a little bit more history together this May at Indianapolis.”

Penske Racing and Pennzoil have driven to Victory Lane twice in the Indianapolis 500. The renewed alliance will provide Team Penske cars Pennzoil Ultra racing oil technology and will enable further product development for Shell and Pennzoil through the knowledge gained surrounding fuels, lubricants and engine technologies.

“Shell and Pennzoil are two established and winning brands and they will be strategic business providers for our Penske Automotive Group and Penske Truck Leasing businesses,” Roger Penske said. “This is a very important global relationship for our organization and we look forward to producing many victories for Shell and Pennzoil."
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock: