Mclaren iz out of date

Discuss all the aspects of the Formula 1 sport here

Moderators: cmlean, Ed, The Qualiflyer, The Heretic

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Mar 30, 2005 5:29 pm

I would still like to see them banned from motor racing, apart from Sealed ECU's :lol:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Da style
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

Post by Da style » Wed Mar 30, 2005 7:59 pm

julian mayo wrote:Da Style, was that a serious question, or were you just winding JV and Graham up? :TOTW:

Well to tell u the truth I was just stirring :twisted: But how crap is this rule... It's a really dangerous pridiction and they're doing it to see if minardi goes well thats proved to be wrong now what? One question but
If bridgestone does'nt improve by bahrain is ferrari allowed to say screw your deal i'm going to michelin
Time will tell I guess
DA_STYLE

sgd
Racer
Racer

Post by sgd » Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:23 pm

Graham Ross wrote: Oh and I am supposed to beleive a Colombian newspaper.

Besides sgd, not everyone can read Spanish or whatever language that paper is in :shock:
1.I understand belive a col. newspaper is not easy :? But: JPM if from Colombia... and in that newspaper works his father (!!)
2.About spanish, what can i do? do not cite it? i didn't found an english version.

F1greyhound
Over 500
Over 500

Post by F1greyhound » Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:32 pm

Maybe Im out of date too but I feel Kimi will win Bahrain from Pole, 2.Michael 3.Fernando - also good show from the new F2005
YOURS IN SPORT

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Wed Mar 30, 2005 11:59 pm

Da style wrote: Well to tell u the truth I was just stirring :twisted: But how crap is this rule... It's a really dangerous pridiction and they're doing it to see if minardi goes well thats proved to be wrong now what? One question but
If bridgestone does'nt improve by bahrain is ferrari allowed to say screw your deal i'm going to michelin
Time will tell I guess
I can't see the tyre rule helping Minardi. The engines maybe!

Ferrari won't ditch Bridgestone. Maybe next season if they don't improve but during the season they won't and probably can't.
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

Graham Ross
Racer
Racer

Post by Graham Ross » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:22 am

sgd wrote:
Graham Ross wrote: Oh and I am supposed to beleive a Colombian newspaper.

Besides sgd, not everyone can read Spanish or whatever language that paper is in :shock:
1.I understand belive a col. newspaper is not easy :? But: JPM if from Colombia... and in that newspaper works his father (!!)
2.About spanish, what can i do? do not cite it? i didn't found an english version.
Turns out they were correct :cry:

No worries :up:

Graham Ross
Racer
Racer

Post by Graham Ross » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:26 am

Da style wrote:If bridgestone does'nt improve by bahrain is ferrari allowed to say screw your deal i'm going to michelin
Not a chance. The cannot ditch Bridgestone and their pride won't allow them to use Michelin. Unless of course they convince Bridgestone to withdraw from the sport but even then I think there is a long notice period :shock:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Mar 31, 2005 9:37 am

Heh, heh, hee hee! :twisted:

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:01 am

So I THINK I AM LEARNING HOW THIS FORUM STUFF WORKS:

FIRST I HAVE TO FIND AN INTERESTING "THREAD," THEN SPIN MY WAY THROUGH LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHOSE POSTINGS LOOK AT LEAST MODERATELY INFORMED (WHY NOT HAVE SOME "INFORMICONS"?) & THEN, AND ONLY THEN, RISK THE WRATH OF THE ANTI TIFOSI BY EVER SO SLIGHTLY SUGGESTING THAT THE RED CARS AND THEIR DRIVERS FROM TIME TO TIME PERFORM WELL.

BUT SERIOUSLY, WHAT'S THE INFORMED OPINION ON HOW THE WEBBO IS PERFORMING (I DON'T MEAN HIS MACHINE; I MEAN HIM, AS DRIVER)? AND WHAT ABOUT MUCH MALIGNED JARNO T?

I AM SORRY TO SEE JPM OUT; BUT THE SCORE SO FAR IN THE BIG ICE MAN V. MACHO FIRE APPEARS TO BE A TOSS UP? RIGHT?

MEANWHILE ALONSO LOOKS LIKE HE'S ON HIS WAY TO THE RECORD BOOK --WOULDN'T HE BE YOUNGEST F1 CHAMP EVER?

LASTLY, WHAT ABOUT THE NOT SO VEILED BAD RAP THAT'S PUT ON SATO? IS HE REALLY AS BAD AS SOME ARE SAYING?

MY APOLOGIES FOR BEING SO INTERESTED IN MUNDANE THINGS LIKE REALITIES, BUT I FIGURE SOME OF YOU WILL KNOW THE ANSWERS AND MAY TAKE A MOMENT TO ENLIGHTEN ME.

THANKS, JIM WATT

mumbles and puts axe down
Ha! but do you know what pharangeal entrapment is? and no cheating

sgd
Racer
Racer

Post by sgd » Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:24 am

Jim Watt wrote:So I THINK I AM LEARNING HOW THIS FORUM STUFF WORKS:

FIRST I HAVE TO FIND AN INTERESTING "THREAD," THEN SPIN MY WAY THROUGH LOOKING FOR......
Hi Jim and :welcome: . I see you have a lot of interesting ideas, but in fact it would better to talk about them in a thread related to them, why don't you open (a) new(s) thread(s) about it??
for exaple: New Tema: Underrated Drivers. or "is Sato fast?" or what ever you want, but look at the name of this thread... you got me?

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:24 am

:welcome: Jim Watt, the most important factor is to have fun. Don't you think that in this day and age there are enough areas of our lives ehere we have to be seriously grey, earnest and boring? I think you will find that any post that is relevant, topical and informed is given the respect it deserves. But also, thanks to this forum and its creators, we have an oppportunity to express opinions, wind each other up and have fun!! Just like spectators from opposing camps at a track.
And if thats my axe , I want it back!!! :coool: :havefun: :welcome:

Graham Ross
Racer
Racer

Post by Graham Ross » Tue Apr 05, 2005 9:09 am

Jim Watt wrote:FIRST I HAVE TO FIND AN INTERESTING "THREAD," THEN SPIN MY WAY THROUGH LOOKING FOR PEOPLE WHOSE POSTINGS LOOK AT LEAST MODERATELY INFORMED (WHY NOT HAVE SOME "INFORMICONS"?) & THEN, AND ONLY THEN, RISK THE WRATH OF THE ANTI TIFOSI BY EVER SO SLIGHTLY SUGGESTING THAT THE RED CARS AND THEIR DRIVERS FROM TIME TO TIME PERFORM WELL.
Jim, it's been said before, don't know if any here are anti-tifosi. They are fans too and they are respected. What a few here don't like is the Ferrari tactics be it team orders or Concorde/GPWC
There is also the fact that Ferrari have dominated for such a long time and many are happy to see a new face :wink:
Obviously the Ferrari fans don't like what is happening and are clinging to hope race after race. It will take a while before reality sinks in :shock: :D
Jim Watt wrote:BUT SERIOUSLY, WHAT'S THE INFORMED OPINION ON HOW THE WEBBO IS PERFORMING (I DON'T MEAN HIS MACHINE; I MEAN HIM, AS DRIVER)? AND WHAT ABOUT MUCH MALIGNED JARNO T?
You should get a very biased opinion on Webbo from Julian :wink: In my opinion he is a small step behind Alonso and Kimi. 3 races, 2 mistakes isn't too good.

Trulli, I must say that I never rated him highly but this year he is proving me wrong. Perhaps he looks good next to Ralf :lol:
Jim Watt wrote:I AM SORRY TO SEE JPM OUT; BUT THE SCORE SO FAR IN THE BIG ICE MAN V. MACHO FIRE APPEARS TO BE A TOSS UP? RIGHT?
Me too :( I was hoping to see Montoya close that gap to Raikkonen. I have a feeling that he doesn't manage his tyres as well as he should and it will take him a few more races to master that. He has been given a break by the mishaps of Raikkonen. I still reckon Montoya will start beating Raikkonen in a few races.
Jim Watt wrote:MEANWHILE ALONSO LOOKS LIKE HE'S ON HIS WAY TO THE RECORD BOOK --WOULDN'T HE BE YOUNGEST F1 CHAMP EVER?
Indeed he would be. So far the youngest was Emerson Fittipaldi in 1972 at the young age of 25 year, 8 months and 29 days.

Alonso becomes 24 on the 29th of July 2005 so if he clinches the championship by the German Grand Prix he'll win it while he is still 23 years :shock: :shock:
Jim Watt wrote:LASTLY, WHAT ABOUT THE NOT SO VEILED BAD RAP THAT'S PUT ON SATO? IS HE REALLY AS BAD AS SOME ARE SAYING?
Well I don't think he is that bad but the BAR Honda is but they'll sort their problems out for sure.
Jim Watt wrote: mumbles and puts axe down
Ha! but do you know what pharangeal entrapment is? and no cheating
What is this all about ? not entrapment again :shock: :shock:

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:22 pm

Yes I am still trying to figure it out!!

Something to do with Horses trapped :shock: :D 8)
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:15 pm

This for the benefit of Jim,( no relation to Watts NZ?)
Ifyou followed the threads and the times of posting, and correalated it with the number of threads , and factored in time delays, and drank a great deal of inner circle , and survived, then it would all make sense. If you would like to find out peoples opinions of how,eg., M Webber is going, post a new thread,perhaps with a poll :P
If on the other hand your post was a wind up,,,,,mate these blokes are experts,.. somedays I fear to turn the monitor on :cry:
Quuick poll Jim:
Who was Better,? Rindt or Courage?
Quick quiz
Who had the better car by far in terms of grunt and horsepower, in the last series in which they competed against each other? (in F1 cars)
Who won, and why?
What was the name of the series? (lemon, eat your heart out :lol: )

Bundy
Racer
Racer

Post by Bundy » Wed Apr 06, 2005 4:46 pm

You should get a very biased opinion on Webbo from Julian In my opinion he is a small step behind Alonso and Kimi. 3 races, 2 mistakes isn't too good.
graham, i would agree with your evaluation of MW however, suggesting that malaysia was a webber mistake is a bit rich, especially when fisichella was warned over the incident.

give MW a few more races contesting at the pointy end of the grid instead of battling for a top 10 and provided williams make some progress he will be fighting for wins.