United States Grand Prix (Michael Schumacher wins!)

Discuss all the aspects of the Formula 1 sport here

Moderators: cmlean, Ed, The Qualiflyer, The Heretic

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:18 pm

julian mayo wrote:
Ed wrote:
Kapel wrote:Thanks Ed. :clap:

But y have u posted this on every thread :shock: :shock: :wink:
Is Fred troubling u :compute: ??? Need an axe??? I can ask Julian to lend u his :wink: :lol: :up:
Every thread :shock:
You may be slightly exaggerating :D

Just on the Summons thread and the US GP thread. i.e where appropriate :wink:

It is "iced tea" time in Kappyland :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :cheers:
Damn,u got me again :wink: :lol:
An F1 Idiot!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:45 pm

Kapel wrote:
julian mayo wrote:
Ed wrote:
Every thread :shock:
You may be slightly exaggerating :D

Just on the Summons thread and the US GP thread. i.e where appropriate :wink:

It is "iced tea" time in Kappyland :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :cheers:
An easy target Kappy, is it still raining animals ? There should be a cooling breeze in about 9 weeks

Damn,u got me again :wink: :lol:
:twisted:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:05 pm

In Bombay its hasnt stopping raining for the past 11 days now!!!! :(
Northen India ,still has to experience rain though.Its boiling hot out there :(

Cool breeze in 9 weeks???,no way the monsoon are here for another 12 -14 weeks minimum before winter peeps in :wink:
An F1 Idiot!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:59 pm

Kapel wrote:In Bombay its hasnt stopping raining for the past 11 days now!!!! :(

Cool breeze in 9 weeks???,no way the monsoon are here for another 12 -14 weeks minimum before winter peeps in :wink:
You will get a cruel teaser of things to come in about 9 -10 weeks. Mark the date ( very loosely!!!!) and beat me up if I am wrong :lol:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:55 am

Michelin offers a goodwill gesture to the spectators present at the US Grand Prix.

Michelin offers spectators present at the US GP a refund to their ticket as well as offering to buy 20,000 tickets for the 2006 US GP to be given to spectators present at this year's US GP.

Having offered that, Michelin remains defiant and doesn't accept the FIA's accusations and points the blame at the FIA for their lack of respect for the spectators.

Full Statement

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:50 pm

julian mayo wrote:
Kapel wrote:In Bombay its hasnt stopping raining for the past 11 days now!!!! :(

You will get a cruel teaser of things to come in about 9 -10 weeks. Mark the date ( very loosely!!!!) and beat me up if I am wrong :lol:
Can i borrow ur AXE if ur wrong? :wink: ,for that moment only :wink: :lol: :lol:
An F1 Idiot!!!

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Wed Jun 29, 2005 4:48 pm

I am surprised that no one has commented on Michelin's gesture

I say well done Michelin. They are doing the right thing out of priniciple. They stuffed up, now they are refunding the tickets. That will amount to millions of dollars.

I also respect their stance re the FIA. They are not making a U turn. They are putting the blame squarely on the FIA for not looking after the fans.
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:27 pm

Thats a good gesture for sure.

Also by putting the blame entirely on FIA for the sake of the fans they trying to get the sympathy of fans & the American market :wink:

I think its a very clever tactics used by Michelins as they know,FIA cant say anything to them legally & by putting the blame entirely on FIA might help in playing a part in todays meeting with the teams :D
An F1 Idiot!!!

Byron Forbes
F3 Racer
F3 Racer

Post by Byron Forbes » Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:28 pm

Kapel wrote:I think its a very clever tactics used by Michelins as they know,FIA cant say anything to them legally & by putting the blame entirely on FIA might help in playing a part in todays meeting with the teams :D
I was actually thinking the teams would have really liked them to make this statement AFTER the hearing! :lol: This might piss off the *already itching for a fight* Mosely!

The gesture is a good way to save their reputation, as is slamming the FIA. I wonder if this can be interpreted as some sort of admission of guilt ie the compensation? Or does it, by comparison, simply make the *sitting there twiddling their thumbs* FIA look even worse? :?:

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:39 pm

Byron Forbes wrote: I was actually thinking the teams would have really liked them to make this statement AFTER the hearing! :lol: This might piss off the *already itching for a fight* Mosely!
True.but i also feel,Michelins after announcing to payback the spectators would have somehow thrown the ball in FIA's court.

Hope M teams dont get exicited with this & land up in trouble.(Which i think wont happen,just in case)

:roll:
An F1 Idiot!!!