A farce or an impasse? - The Quali-flyer

Discuss all the aspects of the Formula 1 sport here

Moderators: cmlean, Ed, The Qualiflyer, The Heretic

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:38 pm

The Qualiflyer wrote:Michelin have posted their findings following the USGP and nowhere does it mention the track surface. It does however indicate design rather than build issues. In part the statement reads:

"As a consequence:

1. Based on these investigations, Michelin has revised its simulation model for 'banked' corners such as Turn 13 at Indianapolis in view of the special effects caused by this corner. "

In other words, the computer got it wrong. Damn, I hate being right all the time!
Thanks Qualiflyer. :wink:
I wonder what some person have to say who were blaming the surface for the farsce & in turn blaming Bridgestone for Michelins screw up :lol: :lol:
An F1 Idiot!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:57 pm

Kapel wrote:
The Qualiflyer wrote:Michelin have posted their findings following the USGP and nowhere does it mention the track surface. It does however indicate design rather than build issues. In part the statement reads:

"As a consequence:

1. Based on these investigations, Michelin has revised its simulation model for 'banked' corners such as Turn 13 at Indianapolis in view of the special effects caused by this corner. "

In other words, the computer got it wrong. Damn, I hate being right all the time!
Thanks Qualiflyer. :wink:
I wonder what some person have to say who were blaming the surface for the farsce & in turn blaming Bridgestone for Michelins screw up :lol: :lol:
skitch 'im, tiger :lol:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:23 pm

Looked for them,they've gone missing :wink: :lol: embarrassed ,u think?
An F1 Idiot!!!

F1greyhound
Over 500
Over 500

Post by F1greyhound » Wed Jun 29, 2005 12:00 am

Maybe got locked away in a white jacket...............

Actually quite relaxing not having to read this loa$&@#$%^ all over.

Cheers, and may we have a great French GP!
YOURS IN SPORT

Byron Forbes
F3 Racer
F3 Racer

Post by Byron Forbes » Wed Jun 29, 2005 3:03 am

Talk about fantasy worlds! :lol:

There is actually mention of the surface! :bouncest:

The Qualiflyer

Post by The Qualiflyer » Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:59 am

Byron Forbes wrote:Talk about fantasy worlds! :lol:

Sorry Byron, please accept my abject apologies - I totally missed that bit where Michelin referred to the surface on T13 in relation to the failure and to the exclusion of a catch-all phrase encompassing all surfaces as a general statement. Errrr .... hang on, I still can't find the reference that counts - Will have to get back to you on this one!

Byron Forbes
F3 Racer
F3 Racer

Post by Byron Forbes » Wed Jun 29, 2005 7:09 pm

The Qualiflyer wrote:
Byron Forbes wrote:Talk about fantasy worlds! :lol:

Sorry Byron, please accept my abject apologies - I totally missed that bit where Michelin referred to the surface on T13 in relation to the failure and to the exclusion of a catch-all phrase encompassing all surfaces as a general statement. Errrr .... hang on, I still can't find the reference that counts - Will have to get back to you on this one!
:lol:

It's ambiguous but they do mention it. I find it interesting that they also mention regulation and aerodynamic changes - this is the same for the Bridgestone runners. I'd have kept the focus on the surface if I was them. 2 out of these 3 point to them stuffing up - only track resurfacing is a potential difference between them and Bridgestone. :?

F1greyhound
Over 500
Over 500

Post by F1greyhound » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:17 pm

Somebodys losing the plot here :roll: :D :lol:
YOURS IN SPORT

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:29 am

2 interesting questions from the Friday Press conference in France today

Question to Jean Todt (Ferrari)

Q: Jean, can I just ask you to clarify your position regarding the potential chicane at Indianapolis because I still hear from people, and you told me on the Sunday night, that you never spoke about a chicane? Can you just clarify that position please?
Jean TODT: No, I didn?t say that to you on Sunday but maybe it was jet lag for you and you misunderstood. I simply said that Bernie (Ecclestone) came and while we were having a meeting? the pre-race meeting with the drivers and with a few technical people including Ross Brawn, and he came into the room which incidentally was close to his office and he asked us ?what about a chicane?? And I said, it was not our decision to speak about a chicane or not. During the press conference, I was asked ?but if you would have been told about the chicane, what was your position?? and I said ?we would have been against it.?

Question to Peirre Dupasquier (Michelin)

Q: Now you allegedly said that Bridgestone had prior warning of the surface, but Bridgestone said it was no different to the previous year. What kind of prior warning were you thinking of?
Pierre DUPASQUIER: Yes there was part of the thing that was new, but not different, and we evaluated it in April. We knew the new surface was new, yes, that?s right, and it is true that Firestone had the opportunity to evaluate it, to act on it, for the 500 miles, nothing to do with the Formula One Grand Prix since its not the same car, the same speed, not same down-force, its all different. All the factors are somehow part of it.

Click here for the full press conference

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Jul 02, 2005 5:19 pm

There appear to be some inconsistencies in a lot of statements by a lot of people. :lol:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.