European Grand Prix (Alonso wins!)

Discuss all the aspects of the Formula 1 sport here

Moderators: cmlean, Ed, The Qualiflyer, The Heretic

Bundy
Racer
Racer

Post by Bundy » Tue May 31, 2005 6:57 pm

After Monaco & NH's 2nd in last race plus his pole & MW's 3rd with a heavier fuel load, I'm going to tip MW for win & pole plus NH for 2nd or 3rd every race from now on.

I don't care if you all think i've gone mad. They're on their way to the WCC. I think WDC may be a bit beyond them but you never know. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.......

I'm no ordinary idiot. I'm an F1 idiot!!!
146th in 8'n'Pole 2007
293rd in 8'n'Pole 2006

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue May 31, 2005 7:15 pm

bundy wrote:After Monaco & NH's 2nd in last race plus his pole & MW's 3rd with a heavier fuel load, I'm going to tip MW for win & pole plus NH for 2nd or 3rd every race from now on.

I don't care if you all think i've gone mad. They're on their way to the WCC. I think WDC may be a bit beyond them but you never know. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Have you been reading my mail?
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Tue May 31, 2005 10:18 pm

For the first time i believe that no 1 can catch Alonso in WDC :(

The guy not only has the best car,has the composure & has all the Schumi luck this season.No matter how bad his tyres get or how good a Mclaren or Toyota or Ferrari get, Alonso has all the luck to come into points n easily be the WDC this year. :!:
An F1 Idiot!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue May 31, 2005 10:24 pm

Kapel wrote:For the first time i believe that no 1 can catch Alonso in WDC :(

The guy not only has the best car,has the composure & has all the Schumi luck this season.No matter how bad his tyres get or how good a Mclaren or Toyota or Ferrari get, Alonso has all the luck to come into points n easily be the WDC this year. :!:
I see Kimi, Nick, and Mark as his only serious rivals, AT THE MOMENT :shock:

F1greyhound
Over 500
Over 500

Post by F1greyhound » Tue May 31, 2005 11:22 pm

Fernando will be very hard to beat now for the WDC even if Kimi has been faster now constantly. Kimi will win the most races(if Michael doesnt recover..) but Fernando can keep it pretty cool...

Michael has to win 10 of the last 12 GP to be in with a chance, Kimi still has to win 9, impossible :?: :idea: :?:

The WILLIAMS are good but not quite that good, look at the fastest laps.
YOURS IN SPORT

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue May 31, 2005 11:33 pm

F1greyhound wrote:Fernando will be very hard to beat now for the WDC even if Kimi has been faster now constantly. Kimi will win the most races(if Michael doesnt recover..) but Fernando can keep it pretty cool...

Michael has to win 10 of the last 12 GP to be in with a chance, Kimi still has to win 9, impossible :?: :idea: :?:

You make a good point F1G, but Schuey has pumped out some fast laps to no avail. When iwas very, very, very young, in fact I may still have been inside my mum, :lol: , Jack Brabham and Stirling Moss were having tremendous competition and rivalry against each other. Stirling would set lap record after lap record, race after race. Jack would keep him in sight then pounce with a few laps to go. Jack won a couple of titles, Stirling none.. Jacj was asked why he didn't worry about lap records, his reply was that you had to win as slowly as possible :shock:
It works for me :lol:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:05 am

THe Australian V8 supercars are going to be on your TV sets 10 -12 of June, Northern hemiphere people. Watch and learn why the F1 guys are not game to drive these muscle cars, why they all hang over the fence to watch them in Melbourne, then walk away in fear and trembling. Not one European or American has succeeded in this class of motor racing, (except John Cleland, and he is a scotsmon!) find out why!!!!!

RE30B#16
Racer
Racer

Post by RE30B#16 » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:10 am

KUDOS: Superb start for David Coulthard. He is one of the best race starters in the business. Barrichello was superb in the race as well. He seems to be dealing with the new Ferrari better than MS in my opinion. Fisichella had a frustrating but ultimately brilliant day to finish where he did. Trulli drove well for a while, but Toyota needs to get their race trim together. Right now, they are better in qualifying.

As for the rest, BAR needs to get their crap together. The 2 race suspension was stupid enough. Jenson button should be in the mix with the rest of the front runners and Sato has driven well enough to be up there too, but I feel the team is letting the drivers down now. Having said that, Canada may be where they break through. Button could win there.

I like the Sauber team. I think Fellipe Massa is a bit over-rated. He make loads of mistakes during races although usually he doesn't involve anyone other than himself, but if you tale away the mistakes, he may have had some pretty good results so far. If they just want a hot, young Brazillian driver in Formula 1, they should look at Vitor Meira, who came in second at Indy sunday afternoon.

A couple of guys are passing their "sell by..." date. Ralf Schumacher has not driven terribly, but he hasn't driven great either. [TRANSLATION: not...terribly...great!] I would much rather see Alex Wurz, Pedro delaRosa or Christian Klien in the driver seat of some top team. Which brings me to...Juan Montoya can't even out drive his test drivers at this point. :P What's that all about? Jacques Villeneuve needs to quit right now. He should go back to CART and take Montoya with him, who I hear from some people I know who are close to McLaren has a monumental ego. Those two are stinking up the place pretty bad right about now. I'd sooner have Marc Gene or Pedro Lamy on my team. Why stop there? I'd sooner have Pedro Diniz drive for me! Why are these s@&*^) still in and Olivier Panis is out? Makes no sense.

I won't dog Minardi or Jordan...much! The Jordan drivers are a hoot, always crashing into one another. But seriously, Nahrain in particular is a great driver. I've watched him in other classes and he has impressed me greatly. Too bad Jordan is crap now.

That's all from me for now, kiddies! Sorry for the long ones.

Chris
Christoforo

You're not getting old, the music just sucks!!

Fernando Alonso is currently the best... Period!!!

-)_ (-
(_!_) Inclined to get behind!!!

RE30B#16
Racer
Racer

Post by RE30B#16 » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:10 am

double post
Christoforo

You're not getting old, the music just sucks!!

Fernando Alonso is currently the best... Period!!!

-)_ (-
(_!_) Inclined to get behind!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:19 am

I gotta cut back on something, I'm seeing double, vertically!!!! (sound of breaking glass,as he runs thru the closed patio door towards the beer fridge) :lol:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:21 am

Apart from that you make some good points!! I can hear the gnashing of teeth from some of the other guys already :TOTW: :TOTW: :TOTW: :up:

sgd
Racer
Racer

Post by sgd » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:28 am

RE30B#16 wrote:I would much rather see Alex Wurz, Pedro delaRosa or Christian Klien in the driver seat of some top team. Which brings me to...Juan Montoya can't even out drive his test drivers at this point. :P What's that all about? Jacques Villeneuve needs to quit right now. He should go back to CART and take Montoya with him, who I hear from some people I know who are close to McLaren has a monumental ego. Those two are stinking up the place pretty bad right about now. I'd sooner have Marc Gene or Pedro Lamy on my team. Why stop there? I'd sooner have Pedro Diniz drive for me! Why are these s@&*^) still in and Olivier Panis is out? Makes no sense.

I won't dog Minardi or Jordan...much! The Jordan drivers are a hoot, always crashing into one another. But seriously, Nahrain in particular is a great driver. I've watched him in other classes and he has impressed me greatly. Too bad Jordan is crap now.
So, JPM and JV s@&*^) and Nahrain a great driver...
Keep it up my friend!!
and again... first it was 's.................', now 's@&*^' and all OK...
I quite don't understand this forum's rules. But it's ok for me. those 2 words added to the white list...
Still I think you have to been sucked for a long time to know for sure (as RE30B#16 does) what is it a s@&*^...
the same about having a mother - b#$%...

STOP THIS PLEASE!!! :x

F1greyhound
Over 500
Over 500

Post by F1greyhound » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:39 am

Chris makes several good points, seems Im not alone in thinking reserved on Monty(where are his fans? Beat me, beat me..), as fast as erratic. Actually Felipe did too many mistakes also in his F1career and should finally be more controlled but he was in no way responsible for the Monaco tangle.

A good sports psychologist would make a fortune in F1 nowadays... :shock: :lol:

I fully agree that Alex Wurz would make a better job at MCLAREN and it will be interesting how long Ron Dennis keeps being amused by Montys adventures.

I dont agree that Rubens is taking more out of the new FERRARI than Michael in general but he certainly did at the Ring..
YOURS IN SPORT

sgd
Racer
Racer

Post by sgd » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:39 am

F1greyhound wrote:Fernando will be very hard to beat now for the WDC even if Kimi has been faster now constantly. Kimi will win the most races(if Michael doesnt recover..) but Fernando can keep it pretty cool...

Alonso could have some DNF...

F1greyhound
Over 500
Over 500

Post by F1greyhound » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:41 am

sgd,

we love you too :D
YOURS IN SPORT