A farce or an impasse? - The Quali-flyer

Discuss all the aspects of the Formula 1 sport here

Moderators: cmlean, Ed, The Qualiflyer, The Heretic

Andre_Brasil
2004 Winner
2004 Winner

Post by Andre_Brasil » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:07 pm

The Quali-flyer article was perfect, and the prize of best suggestion goes to Kapel: give the points to the Bridgestone teams an put a show to the fans. A free race could have been a lot of fun!
Andre Bertrand
aabc01
Brasil

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Fri Jun 24, 2005 2:49 pm

Andre_Brasil wrote:The Quali-flyer article was perfect, and the prize of best suggestion goes to Kapel: give the points to the Bridgestone teams an put a show to the fans. A free race could have been a lot of fun!
Thanks Andre. :D
There are some ppl on this forum who object to my drinking iced tea :wink: cos i come up with wierd thoughts(read Formula 1 racer :wink: ) I'm glad u appreciate my thoughts :up:

Hey ur back in top 20,well done :clap: I'm just 12 points away from you.U better get it this time or else i'll catch up :wink:
An F1 Idiot!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:13 pm

Kapel wrote:
Andre_Brasil wrote:The Quali-flyer article was perfect, and the prize of best suggestion goes to Kapel: give the points to the Bridgestone teams an put a show to the fans. A free race could have been a lot of fun!
Thanks Andre. :D
There are some ppl on this forum who object to my drinking iced tea :wink: cos i come up with wierd thoughts(read Formula 1 racer :wink: ) I'm glad u appreciate my thoughts :up:

Hey ur back in top 20,well done :clap: I'm just 12 points away from you.U better get it this time or else i'll catch up :wink:

Hey, Kappy! Any ideas where I can get some iced tea??? :wink:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:32 pm

PM me ur address & i'll have it sent to you from one of the Supermarkets in Sydney :wink:

Beware those would the Indian Iced tea,which lead u to weird thoughts :wink: :lol:
An F1 Idiot!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:23 pm

Kapel wrote:PM me ur address & i'll have it sent to you from one of the Supermarkets in Sydney :wink:

Beware those would the Indian Iced tea,which lead u to weird thoughts :wink: :lol:

My place is easy to find Kappy
U come down the hill into the bay, turn right at the burned out house where the Bikies tried to set up shop, go up past the debt collectors' cemetery, over the cattle grid turn left at the big tree with the noose, follow the track til u get to the tiny sign that says " claymores" , turn right and be VERY sure to stay on the track, turn left at the three mangled harley davidsons, drive towards the top of the cliff. stop when you get to the white rock, alight from the vehicle slowly, put your hands on top of your head and turn around 360 degrees slowly, re enter the vehicle and proceed with care, and staying on the track, until the dog stops you. You will understand why you stop when you see him. Aalight from the vehicle and stand very still. If the dog wags his tail once follow him. If the dog wags his tail twice go home :lol: And remember to stay on the track :wink:

The Qualiflyer

Post by The Qualiflyer » Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:55 pm

I would have loved to have seen a 'show' myself but unfortunately, under the rules, it wasn't going to happen. The absolute shame of the whole thing is ... it won't happen next time either. With the amount of money driving the 'sport' these days, not to mention the legal minefields we all walk to keep the lawyers rich, nothing short of the rigid rule structure we have is possible. Of course those rigid rules could be a bit more sport slanted than business slanted - doubt that will happen eitherA

Ah well, we can always dream

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:04 pm

julian mayo wrote:
Kapel wrote:PM me ur address & i'll have it sent to you from one of the Supermarkets in Sydney :wink:

My place is easy to find Kappy
U come down the hill into the bay, turn right at the burned out house where the Bikies tried to set up shop, go up past the debt collectors' cemetery, over the cattle grid turn left at the big tree with the noose, follow the track til u get to the tiny sign that says " claymores" , turn right and be VERY sure to stay on the track, turn left at the three mangled harley davidsons, drive towards the top of the cliff. stop when you get to the white rock, alight from the vehicle slowly, put your hands on top of your head and turn around 360 degrees slowly, re enter the vehicle and proceed with care, and staying on the track, until the dog stops you. You will understand why you stop when you see him. Aalight from the vehicle and stand very still. If the dog wags his tail once follow him. If the dog wags his tail twice go home :lol: And remember to stay on the track :wink:
Thanks,that was quite simple :wink:
But Julian u forgot to inform me about where does the hill starts ,after the harbour or before.
Also what colour is the debt collectors cemetery,does that tree with big nose have leaves.Will the track be wet??N what about the sign??is it on the tree or a stone???
Which modelled Harley davidsons are mangled there??as i would find lots of them mangled everywhere :wink: on the way.The white rock shouldnt be a problem but what if the dog cant stop wagging his tail :? :shock:

Or the easiest way is , y dont u meet at the burned out house & v take it from there.Remember to bring the ice bucket,its iced tea remember :wink:
An F1 Idiot!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:26 pm

I don't think I have ever seen a hill start after a harbour, when you are driving towards it..... :idea: :!: no there are no islands, the rest is easy, there no other buildings, just the one boot hill, no other HDs, its the only tree with a hangmans rope, and the dog never wags his tail more than twice :lol:

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:56 pm

Cool ,see u then after the fat lady sings :wink:
An F1 Idiot!!!

sgd
Racer
Racer

Post by sgd » Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:18 pm

"Michelin made a monumental error in providing unsuitable tyres and, from that point on, everybody was a passenger in the resulting smash."

All said.
Good one Quali-flyer! =)

the sad thing is that ALL were indeed passengers...
No leaders out there.

lemon_martini2
The Quizmaster
The Quizmaster

Post by lemon_martini2 » Sat Jun 25, 2005 8:52 pm

Could they not have introduced a chicane and specified only Michelin runners had to use it?The Bridgestone runners could bypass it and run at maximum speed round turn 13
Lemon loves Danielle Porta?ner for ever x x x

A NEW TRIVIA QUIZ WILL BE ARRIVING WITHIN THE NEXT FEW DAYS...LEMON'S BACK!

The Qualiflyer

Post by The Qualiflyer » Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:04 am

lemon_martini2 wrote:Could they not have introduced a chicane and specified only Michelin runners had to use it?The Bridgestone runners could bypass it and run at maximum speed round turn 13
Not under the rules as they apply - had they done so they would have to have had it optional for the Michelin teams (thereby not 'altering the track configuration') and it would have to have been far enough off the racing line to not represent an obstruction. Even then it would have been a stretch to fit it into the rules.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:01 am

The Qualiflyer wrote:
lemon_martini2 wrote:Could they not have introduced a chicane and specified only Michelin runners had to use it?The Bridgestone runners could bypass it and run at maximum speed round turn 13
Not under the rules as they apply - had they done so they would have to have had it optional for the Michelin teams (thereby not 'altering the track configuration') and it would have to have been far enough off the racing line to not represent an obstruction. Even then it would have been a stretch to fit it into the rules.

And you have vehicles blending back in at differing speeds every lap. The potential for accidents wuold be high. Monty nearly got DC from a normal pitstop last race!!

The Qualiflyer

Post by The Qualiflyer » Tue Jun 28, 2005 3:35 am

Michelin have posted their findings following the USGP and nowhere does it mention the track surface. It does however indicate design rather than build issues. In part the statement reads:

"As a consequence:

1. Based on these investigations, Michelin has revised its simulation model for 'banked' corners such as Turn 13 at Indianapolis in view of the special effects caused by this corner. "

In other words, the computer got it wrong. Damn, I hate being right all the time!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:56 am

The Qualiflyer wrote:Michelin have posted their findings following the USGP and nowhere does it mention the track surface. It does however indicate design rather than build issues. In part the statement reads:

"As a consequence:

1. Based on these investigations, Michelin has revised its simulation model for 'banked' corners such as Turn 13 at Indianapolis in view of the special effects caused by this corner. "

In other words, the computer got it wrong. Damn, I hate being right all the time!

Give it time, you learn to live with it after a decade or so :lol:
( bloody FREDS.. :compute: they will be the "roon" of us all :cry: