F1 DVD video tech needed....

After some help or advice on a Formula 1 related topic ? Ask here!

Moderator: Ed

Apex
Getting Started
Getting Started

F1 DVD video tech needed....

Post by Apex » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:04 am

Why can't I find a complete race on DVD anywhere? All I find are highlight videos. I did find ONE video on Ebay of all places that was made up of recorded (VHS) tapings. Doesn't F1 want to sell itself to people? I realize that quite a few people might find it boring to watch a whole race that has already happened. I simply LOVE F1 and I want to see the whole race. I just don't see them selling ANY of the seasons in whole on any format.

Someone clue me in please.

Regards,

Dave

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Tue Mar 22, 2005 9:23 am

Hi Dave,

They used to publish F1 race videos some time back (mid 80's) but that stopped due to publishing rights and lack of interest.
Keep in mind, worldwide distribution is a huge task

It seems the highlight format is more marketable and hence we see a review for every season.

With electronic media though, we may start seeing downloadable videos in the next few years. For the time being the only solution is the VCR/DVDR.

Trickster
Getting Started
Getting Started

Post by Trickster » Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:32 pm

Hi Dave,
If you are still interested, I list F1 DVD's on Ebay. The next time will probably be mid February.
Have a look, under my username - Trickster30, and take a look at my feedback, and you'll see how popular I am on there :

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI ... 1&frm=1883

I'll give you shout when I next list them.
Any questions, give us a shout.
Cheers,
Richard.