The 2009 8 'n' Pole Competition Winner's Thread

The Best F1 Guessing Game!
Have a question or just want to share with us your picks

Moderator: 8 n Pole Admin

8 n Pole Admin

The 2009 8 'n' Pole Competition Winner's Thread

Post by 8 n Pole Admin » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:39 pm

The results are out and Charles J Moscato wins the 2009 8 'n' Pole Competition with DGB finishing in second place ahead of Lightfoot.

Our 2007 Champion mrlaw made 4th while the 2008 Champion Texancow finished 8th this season!

This is the thread for all the winners to post their comments and for everyone else to tells us what they thought of the competition.

All the winners will receive separate emails informing them of how to claim their prizes over the next week or two.

We hope that you all enjoyed the 2009 8 'n' Pole Competition and look forward to seeing you again in 2010.

The overall top 20 are:

1 ...... Charles J Moscato ...... Australia ................. 456
2 ...... DGB .......................... United States ........... 452
3 ...... Lightfoot ................... Samoa .................... 450
4 ...... mrlaw ........................ Netherlands Antilles ... 449
5 ...... MrGSir ....................... United Kingdom ......... 444
6 ...... Dom .......................... United Kingdom ......... 443
6 ...... Weekend at Bernie's ... Canada ................... 443
8 ...... Texancow ................... India ....................... 442
8 ...... Cap ............................ Peru ....................... 442
10 ..... Groomi ..................... United Kingdom ........ 440
10 ..... Malinovsky ................ The Netherlands ........ 440
10 ..... Pete ......................... United Kingdom ......... 440
10 ..... BlinkyBill .................. Australia .................. 440
10 ..... Wasicun ................... United States ............ 440
15 ..... dumacher ................. Australia .................. 438
16 ..... Casualcamel ............. United States ............ 436
17 ..... WEELIAM ................. Malaysia .................... 432
18 ..... Joe .......................... United States .............. 429
19 ..... foon ........................ United States ............... 426
19 ...... Road Runner ........... United Kingdom .......... 426
8 'n' Pole - The Best F1 Guessing Game
Register - Submit

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:37 pm

Congrats to all the winners!!
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

Charles J Moscato
Getting Started
Getting Started

Winners are grinners

Post by Charles J Moscato » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:03 pm

:D :D :D :D :D

I've been in this comp for about 7 years and haven't got even close to the winners in the past!

Being Australian I'm a huge Webber fan, and have really enjoy watching him have a decent car / team this year. If it wasn't for Mark having so many great results this year I wouldn't have got close to winning again. Brazil was a great result for me.

Thanks to NewsOnF1 for running a great competition, and managing the results within my group.

Finally in the words of Mark Webber - You Bewdy! (Australian Slang)

malinovzky
Getting Started
Getting Started

newsonF1 competition

Post by malinovzky » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:40 pm

This is one of the best competitions very uncomplicated and still difficult as it's not easy to guess all 8 best cars and Poleposition in the right order...
looking forward to next season as this Offseason with hardly no testing is killing me!! :twisted:

pistol
Getting Started
Getting Started

Post by pistol » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:08 am

1st year for the comp for me. Invited by my UK co-workers for some office bragging rights. I do like the format although being located in Canada the time zone differences might have been responsible for a couple of issues. There were 2 races where I was unable to change picks even though the count down to picks clock was still showing several hours before cut-off.

wasicun
Getting Started
Getting Started

Post by wasicun » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:39 am

I have been enjoying the 8 'n' Pole competition for several years. I'm member of a four-person group and have never even won the year for the group, 'til now. For the last race I was hoping to stay in the top 20. 10th was a welcome suprise!
My father was a course worker at Watkins Glen. I went to my first races in the womb and may well have been there for the first GP in '61 as an infant. The crowd got too rowdy and I didn't get back for the GP until '74, but got to see my heroes in action from then until the end of the GP at The Glen in '81. Watched Gilles Villenueve practically lap the field in the wet in '79-AWESOME! Started going to Montreal in the 90's but quit a few years ago when it just got too expensive. Now I rely on my dial-up for F1 news as I don't even have TV reception. Thanks News On F1!

NOMIKA'S ANGEL
Getting Started
Getting Started

Post by NOMIKA'S ANGEL » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:59 pm

My first year of tipping and i won the china round. That's so cool. Being a novice can sometimes help. Julian Bear is sulking. :ROTFLMAO:

WEELIAM
Getting Started
Getting Started

Post by WEELIAM » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:47 am

I have been enjoying the 8 n pole competition throughout the year. I'm very proud to be one of the twenty winner for the 8npole competition, thanks to 8npole for their continuous hardwork throughout the year. I am a die hard fans of Formula 1 since I was small as I always read Formula 1 news daily with the help of 8npole and official Formula 1 website. There are 10 teams on the grid for the year 2009 as each team is also have potential to become World Championship team and Driver's championship team. The new team Brawn GP has very good cars and drivers to win for the Drivers and Constructors World Championship as Jenson Button really drive very well in the Brawn GP car and he deserved to become the 2009 Formula 1 World Champion while his teammate Rubens Barrichello is also an experience F1 drivers also achieve his highest achievement in his Formula 1 careers. In this 2009 season, there are lots of things happened in Formula 1 such as Felipe Massa having a big crash in Hungarian Grand Prix and stop racing for the remaining of the races. As for Red Bull Racing, Sebastian Vettel performed very well in almost every race to competite with Jenson Button for the 2009 Formula 1 Driver's World Champion and his teammate, Mark Webber also secured a very good 4th place for the 2009 Driver's World Champion. Team Vodafone McLaren Mercedes's Lewis Hamilton performed greatly in his 2009 career with 59 championship points whereas his teammate Heikki Kovalainen is also an experience drivers and secured a 12th place finish in year 2009 seasons.
There was a bad news for Kimi Raikkonen, that he will stop Formula 1 careers for 1 year and race for World Rally Championship ( WRC ) for the year 2010. Team Scuderia Ferrari is all time favourites team for the fans, as I also 1 of the supporter for Scuderia Ferrari since I was small. Scuderia Ferrari has a disastrous year for 2009 season as Felipe Massa crash in a big accident in Hungary and he need to stop for the remaining race for medical treatment until he fully recover. Kimi Raikkonen
has also try his best for Scuderia Ferrari and he can only secured 6th place in the overall championships. Panasonic Toyota F1 Racing team have announced to withdraw from Formula 1. This is a very big loss for Formula 1 as there is no more Japanese car manufacturer on the grid for the year 2010 onwards, it is a waste for Formula 1. There are 4 new teams joining the 2010 Season, that are Virgin F1 team, Manor F1 team, US F1 team and Lotus F1 team. 2010 seasons will be an exciting season as there are 13 teams on the grid to competite for the Drivers and Teams World Champions.

8n pole competition is a very interesting F1 prediction games as we need to submit our prediction before the practice start in every races. It is a very challenging prediction games so far that I have ever play in my life. 8 n pole offers very attracting prizes for the luckies one to bring back the prize.

yuka
Getting Started
Getting Started

Post by yuka » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:54 am

it is my first year in 8npole and i won the britain round, it was a very interesting season and i hope next one be a better one, a friend of mine told about this site and he created a group with another guys, it was fun and competitive, next season i´ll be back. Congrats for everyone e thanks for 8npole guys.

neilrobbrown
Getting Started
Getting Started

Post by neilrobbrown » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:16 am

1st time i've given 8 n Pole a shot and i managed to win the Malaysia round. Rock on!!
Looking forward to next year, especially with Lewis and Jenson driving for McLaren and Massa and Alonso for Ferarri!!

Keep up the good work 8 n Pole folks!!

MrGSir
Getting Started
Getting Started

Top 10 finish

Post by MrGSir » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:18 pm

Hi all,
Thanks for another great competition. First time I have finshed so high! I have been taking part for a few years now, invited to a group 'Aussies & Pommies' as a competition between some ex pats in Australia and us in England.
Playing the competition has re-ignited my interest in F1, having stopped following after 15 years. Now alwyas looking for any F1 news that can help !!
Thanks again to the organisers and I am looking forward to the start of the season!!

Merry Christmas

Mr G

mrlaw
2007 8 'n' Pole Champion
2007 8 'n' Pole Champion

Post by mrlaw » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:10 am

Thanks for the online competition .After winning the 2007 8npole I'm happy with this years 4th place , specially after beating "Big mouth" Malinovsky for the third consecutive year :P .
Looking forward to next year

Happy new year !!

Lawrence

Casualcamel
Getting Started
Getting Started

16th place 2009!

Post by Casualcamel » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:44 am

I've been competing in a small group ,3rd Ave Bar, within the 8-n-pole competition for several years now and I did manage to win my group one year, but this is the first time I came close to the top twenty in the overall competition. I am a long time F1 fan and a Ferrari backer going back to my childhood days when Michele Alboreto was driving for the team. By being a Ferrari fan through the lean years of the '80's and early '90's, I was not bothered a bit by Michael Schumacher's dominance this decade :) Ironically, my success this year is due in part by me picking Jensen Button to win pole and race for Brawn GP early and often in this season and now Schumacher is moving to that team. It was great to be able to attend nearly every USGP in Indianapolis (yes, even the one with only 6 cars). The highlight of my "career" as a F1 fan was to be in attendance for Friday practice on September 22, 2000 when the F1 cars took the Indy track for the first time. The low light was watching a race with only six cars.

I am looking forward to next years 8-n-pole competition. I find participating in the competition makes watching the races even more interesting. Thank you NewsOnF1 for hosting the competition.

8 n Pole Admin

Post by 8 n Pole Admin » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:20 pm

Post on behalf of second place winner overall DGB:

Great fun this year taking part in 8 'n' Pole. Originally from Somerset in England, I still have great memories of the British Grand Prix at Silverstone, somewhat tainted by the awful traffic jams getting out afterwards.

I moved to Austin Texas 12 years ago and it has become somthing of a passion to convert the locals here to real motor racing as opposed to NASCAR. The whole notion of a four wheeled bedstead careening around an oval until colliding with a wall is just beyond me.

Look forward to next year with some new faces on the grid.
Register - Submit

8 n Pole Admin

Post by 8 n Pole Admin » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:34 pm

Posted on behalf of 8th place overall winner Cap:

I really enjoy F1 and I have been interested in it since 1980. I would like to get in touch with the other Peruvian citizens that are taking part in 8 n pole to make a bigger Peruvian group.

8 'n' Pole Admin: We will contact those players from Peru and if they are interested get them in touch with you
Register - Submit