Round of Japan - Picks and comments

The Best F1 Guessing Game!
Have a question or just want to share with us your picks

Moderator: 8 n Pole Admin

8 n Pole Admin

Round of Japan - Picks and comments

Post by 8 n Pole Admin » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:00 pm

8 'n' Pole players, post your picks for the fifteenth race of the season at the Suzuka circuit.

NOTES: Giancarlo Fisichella replaces Luca Badoer at Ferrari from the Italian GP.
Vitantonio Liuzzi replaces Giancarlo Fisichella at Force India from the Italian GP.

You can submit your picks at http://www.newsonf1.com/8npole/submit.htm then paste your picks here and tell us why you think your picks will be the correct ones.

For the latest Formula 1 news, visit the Formula 1 News page.

The deadline for submitting the picks for Japan is the 2nd of October prior to the start of the first Friday practice session.

Good luck
8 'n' Pole - The Best F1 Guessing Game
Register - Submit

DanoF1
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

Post by DanoF1 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:31 pm

Hoping to redeem myself from the last round.....gotta go for the all or nothing (which is what RB should be doing and is not...)
Winner : Lewis Hamilton

Second : Sebastian Vettel

Third : Jenson Button

Fourth : Kimi Raikkonen

Fifth : Rubens Barrichello

Sixth : Heikki Kovalainen

Seventh : Fernando Alonso

Eighth : Jarno Trulli

Pole : Lewis Hamilton

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:38 am

:D Now that the Singapore Farce is finished (F1 Rocks! Wow!! We got the snow peas (or something like that) and [breathless pause] BEYONCE! gag gag gag :oops:) we get to go to a real race course.

I'm sticking with Jenson, proabably because I'm stubborn, & I think Ross Braun may have something up his sleeve for the car... just a hunch. So the white car with almost no sponsor stickers on it & Jenson Button in the seat should be in park ferme in
:1st: place when the race is finished.
:2nd: will go to the OTHER Merc, the one with the defending WDC in it because I think they're getting a little wired in Woking! :lol:
:3rd: will go to a Renault powered car with a German driver: Seb. V. in the Red Bull (if he can just catch a break from the Stewards!) :cry:
Fourth Place will be Rubens B's ... as he begins to see his dream slip away :( :alright:
Fifth Place Should belong to Mark Webber, the only driver on the grid with worse luck than Kimi! :evil:
...but, at least, he'll beat the new Ferrari chap, wazhisname Fernando? who will be motoring around in his slickmobile -- 8) oops, I mean RAY NO! [another car with few sponsor decals] to take SIXTH
and SEVENTH PLACE will go to the well deserving Kimi Raikkonen, STILL my FAV driver (because, as I said, I'm STUBBORN)
I hope he goes back to McLaren --the evil silver 8) machines-- and finds his second WDC there. Now that Ron Dennis has been well and properly neutered, maybe Kimi will be given a car that actually is RELIABLe??
EIGHTH PLACE, the final point, I'm awarding to long-suffering Robert K. the Pole who pushes hardest.
I hope he finds HIS way to Rubens' seat with Braun next year. I somehow think the pecunious Ross Braun is unlikely to pay for Kimi!8)

oh, yes, the POLE? It will be the Hambone's

looking forward eagerly to some actual racing this week end.

jim watt :drink:
My Racing Gods: Fangio, Vukovich; Senna & Mears --all racers all the time; graceful winners & generous in defeat, but never giving up!!

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:02 pm

The ancient mystical predictor indicates to me the following results for this weekend.....

Winner: Kimi Raikkonen

Second: Lewis Hamilton

Third: Mark Webber

Fourth: Jenson Button

Fifth: Sebastian Vettel

Sixth: Nico Rosberg

Seventh: Rubens Barrichello

Eighth: Adrian Sutil

Pole: Lewis Hamilton

So fingers crossed that the predictions are correct for a change!!!
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:02 am

:D Hullo Jac Fan!

You've picked Kimi to win!! But Ferrari has already admitted they're finished with this year's model... AND they're finished with Kimi!!

I hope you're right; any win by Kimi is cause for celebration from me --and it would be DELICIOUS to see the Ferrari rep on the podium with Kimi, trying to look like a team-mate!

But we agree, at least, on the pole. the Hambone has shown that he's a qualifier to be ranked with Michael S. Given a solid machine, he delivers.

jim watt
My Racing Gods: Fangio, Vukovich; Senna & Mears --all racers all the time; graceful winners & generous in defeat, but never giving up!!

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:02 am

:D Hullo Jac Fan!

You've picked Kimi to win!! But Ferrari has already admitted they're finished with this year's model... AND they're finished with Kimi!!

I hope you're right; any win by Kimi is cause for celebration from me --and it would be DELICIOUS to see the Ferrari rep on the podium with Kimi, trying to look like a team-mate!

But we agree, at least, on the pole. the Hambone has shown that he's a qualifier to be ranked with Michael S. Given a solid machine, he delivers.

jim watt

F1greyhound
Over 500
Over 500

Post by F1greyhound » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:21 am

In Suzuka? SEBASTIAN and then daylight....

LEWIS to beat JENSON on the podium, very open after that. Being a KIMI track I would hope he goes well. NICO and TIMO are also on a run....

POLE/WIN: SV

2nd: LEWIS

3rd: JENSON

4th: KIMI

5th: NICO

6th: TIMO

7th: FERNANDO

8th: RUBENS

Cheers, and bring it on!
YOURS IN SPORT

8 n Pole Admin

Post by 8 n Pole Admin » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:12 pm

Here are the Top 3 and Pole statistics for the round of Japan!

Winner
Lewis Hamilton 43.56%
Sebastian Vettel 23.76%
Jenson Button 12.87%
Kimi Raikkonen 7.43%
Rubens Barrichello 7.43%
Mark Webber 3.47%

Second
Sebastian Vettel 22.28%
Lewis Hamilton 19.80%
Rubens Barrichello 18.81%
Jenson Button 13.37%
Kimi Raikkonen 10.40%
Mark Webber 9.41%
Fernando Alonso 1.98%
Timo Glock 1.49%

Third
Kimi Raikkonen 26.64%
Rubens Barrichello 24.02%
Jenson Button 16.16%
Lewis Hamilton 14.85%
Sebastian Vettel 6.99%
Mark Webber 5.24%
Fernando Alonso 3.06%
Adrian Sutil 1.75%

Pole
Rubens Barrichello 24.75%
Jenson Button 18.81%
Sebastian Vettel 16.34%
Mark Webber 12.38%
Lewis Hamilton 9.41%
Kimi Raikkonen 6.93%
Fernando Alonso 5.45%
Nico Rosberg 3.47%

Results shortly
Register - Submit

8 n Pole Admin

Post by 8 n Pole Admin » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:36 pm

Andy Pandy top scores this round with a score of 38 points.

The average score for this round was 20.98 which is just above the average so far for the whole season.

The Winner for this round:

Congratulations to Andy Pandy, you have won a NewsOnF1 Compact Smart Digital Clock with Alarm.
Andy Pandy managed to pick 6 of the top 8 finishers with 6th and 7th in their exact finishing place. Picking Sebastian Vettel for pole earned Andy Pandy 4 additional points and scored 4 bonus points for picking 6 and Pole!

Please give us your comments on how you've managed such a stunning pick!
All other players can contribute here as well. We'd love to hear from you.

Overall, DGB takes the lead from Dom by just 2 points. Texancow (the 2008 Champion) is in 3rd place a further 7 points behind. mrlaw (the 2007 Champion) continues the climb up the rankings and is now in 4th place just 1 point behind Texancow.

The Overall Top 20 is available here

The Japanese Top 200 is available here

The Popularity Picks for the round of Japan is available here
Register - Submit

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:50 pm

Well the Kimster did not pull a rabbit out his hat but I managed to bounce back to the top of the F1 idiots ladder!!!! Not really sure if that is something I should be proud of or not.
Hmmm to be the top idiot..... good or bad??? :shock: :?
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!