Round of China - Picks and Comments

The Best F1 Guessing Game!
Have a question or just want to share with us your picks

Moderator: 8 n Pole Admin

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:58 am

I hope Alonso and Webbo get to duke it out for a few laps again.
That was a class act last time out. :lol:

The decision by Bridgestone to supply the "supersoft tyre" for this circuit renowned for high degradation is surely going to mix up the field. Could we see teams doing a "three stopper"? 8)
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Apr 17, 2009 6:43 am

According to the "Beeb", both Renault and McLaren will run new diffusers this weekend, while Ferrari will not run their "KERS" systems.................. :shock:

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:05 am

:D Greetings Chaps!

I can't BELIEVE it! This is my first ever pole n' 8 in which I pick NO Ferraris and NO Mclarens! :oops: But this IS a History Making Season!!

:1st: no originality here; have to pick a winner: JENSON BUTTON in the Braun GP1
:2nd: and just because I love that he's finally in a FAST Car: Jarno Trulli in the ugliest livery car on the circuit, the TOYOTA :burnout:
:3rd: last step on the podium goes to: the ever lucky brazillian, Rubens Barichello in the OTHER Braun (unless, of course, he can't get off the line :alright:)
4th will be the next WDC, Seb Vettel in the RedBullRacing machine, hounding Rubens on the final turn!! :up:
5th, and some ways back on the course: Timo Glock in the OTHER Toyota, unless he finds a way to hit or be hit in the course of the day :drive:
6th, SHOULD BE higher but is simply cursed Nico Rosberg in the WILLIAMS (hooray! :clap::clap:)
7th, I'm going to get all sentimental here and put MARK WEBBER in the other RED BULL ahead of another WDC contender 8)
and that would be--
in 8th and final point standing: poor Robert Kubica in the BMW/Sauber :alright: he can't get a break, I'm afraid.

the Pole, of course, will be Jenson's :clap: :clap: :clap:

Enjoy the race, Jim Watt :wave:
My Racing Gods: Fangio, Vukovich; Senna & Mears --all racers all the time; graceful winners & generous in defeat, but never giving up!!

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:39 am

Jim Watt wrote::D Greetings Chaps!

I can't BELIEVE it! This is my first ever pole n' 8 in which I pick NO Ferraris and NO Mclarens! :oops: But this IS a History Making Season!!

:1st: no originality here; have to pick a winner: JENSON BUTTON in the Braun GP1
:2nd: and just because I love that he's finally in a FAST Car: Jarno Trulli in the ugliest livery car on the circuit, the TOYOTA :burnout:
:3rd: last step on the podium goes to: the ever lucky brazillian, Rubens Barichello in the OTHER Braun (unless, of course, he can't get off the line :alright:)
4th will be the next WDC, Seb Vettel in the RedBullRacing machine, hounding Rubens on the final turn!! :up:
5th, and some ways back on the course: Timo Glock in the OTHER Toyota, unless he finds a way to hit or be hit in the course of the day :drive:
6th, SHOULD BE higher but is simply cursed Nico Rosberg in the WILLIAMS (hooray! :clap::clap:)
7th, I'm going to get all sentimental here and put MARK WEBBER in the other RED BULL ahead of another WDC contender 8)
and that would be--
in 8th and final point standing: poor Robert Kubica in the BMW/Sauber :alright: he can't get a break, I'm afraid.

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
The world is coming to an end.......Jim Watt didn't include Ferrari and McLaren? Run for your lives!!............. :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :mrgreen:
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:24 pm

mlittle wrote:
Jim Watt wrote::D Greetings Chaps!

and that would be--

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
The world is coming to an end.......Jim Watt didn't include Ferrari and McLaren? Run for your lives!!............. :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :mrgreen:

Would you settle for a slow trot, I don't want to spill anything 8)

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

How is this a new topic?

Post by Jim Watt » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:41 pm

:D Oh you chaps give me a smiling face! Of course I love Ferrari this side idolatry and almost as much as I love to hate the (used to be) silver Mercs. (I don't know what I'll do if Ron Dennis really DOES retire back to the headquarters of the evil empire! :roll:).

But I need some points in the old Pole n' 8. My Malaysia result was a blistering 23 and I was ranked 93 for that week end, but my overall points total is 31 (yes; that is NOT a misprint) and I'm ranked 149 out of 2854. I expect the McLaren's to come back when we get to Barcelona (maybe even by Bahrain). Unless Ferrari hires Ross Braun back, I don't know... we may be entering another long cold, dark period for the red machines. But... it's not so bad. Kimi DID get one WDC and he's always fun to watch. In some ways, even more when he has nothing to lose.

The only thing I'm REALLY worried about re: my picks this week is that I couldn't squeeze Fernando in the points. I'm just waiting to see if I have to drop one each of the Red Bull's and Toyotas each week (ie. not so quick Nick and Mark Webber) --then I'll have room for him.

Jim Watt :lol:
My Racing Gods: Fangio, Vukovich; Senna & Mears --all racers all the time; graceful winners & generous in defeat, but never giving up!!

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:43 pm

:oops: Sorry chaps. I THOUGHT I was just responding to the Shanghai pole n 8 thread. Then a prompt came up telling me I had to supply a header for a new topic. Maybe Ed can throw this thread away and put me back behind Julian and MLittle?

Jim

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:48 pm

:oops: Brain lock! Obviously!! Don't post back at me. I MEANT, TIMO GLOCK & not so quick Nick. I've pretty much given up already on Robert Kubica's team mate.
jim

8 n Pole Admin

Post by 8 n Pole Admin » Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:39 am

Jim Watt wrote::oops: Sorry chaps. I THOUGHT I was just responding to the Shanghai pole n 8 thread. Then a prompt came up telling me I had to supply a header for a new topic. Maybe Ed can throw this thread away and put me back behind Julian and MLittle?

Jim
Done :wink:
8 'n' Pole - The Best F1 Guessing Game
Register - Submit

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:52 am

Jim Watt wrote::oops: Brain lock! Obviously!! Don't post back at me. I MEANT, TIMO GLOCK & not so quick Nick. I've pretty much given up already on Robert Kubica's team mate.
jim

OK.

8 n Pole Admin

Post by 8 n Pole Admin » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:55 am

Results for China by Friday AM.

Here are the Top 3 and Pole statistics for the round!

Winner
Jenson Button 69.41%
Rubens Barrichello 11.47%
Kimi Raikkonen 5.29%
Lewis Hamilton 2.94%
Jarno Trulli 2.65%
Felipe Massa 2.35%
Sebastian Vettel 2.06%

Second
Rubens Barrichello 31.47%
Jenson Button 16.76%
Jarno Trulli 13.24%
Sebastian Vettel 6.76%
Felipe Massa 5.88%
Lewis Hamilton 4.71%
Timo Glock 4.71%
Robert Kubica 3.82%
Kimi Raikkonen 3.24%
Nico Rosberg 3.24%
Nick Heidfeld 2.06%
Mark Webber 2.06%

Third
Jarno Trulli 23.82%
Rubens Barrichello 21.76%
Felipe Massa 9.41%
Sebastian Vettel 7.65%
Jenson Button 5.88%
Robert Kubica 5.59%
Nico Rosberg 5.29%
Lewis Hamilton 5.29%
Timo Glock 5.00%
Kimi Raikkonen 3.82%
Nick Heidfeld 3.53%
Fernando Alonso 2.06%

Pole
Jenson Button 76.47%
Rubens Barrichello 7.65%
Jarno Trulli 4.12%
Lewis Hamilton 3.82%
Kimi Raikkonen 2.35%
Felipe Massa 2.06%
Register - Submit

8 n Pole Admin

Post by 8 n Pole Admin » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:53 pm

Angel and Marinello Murphy top scored in the third round of the 2009 season. Both scored 29 points.
It was another low scoring round with the average score being just 16.19.

Although both Angel and Marinello Murphy top scored, Angel submitted the picks for China earlier than Marinello Murphy and is the winner of this round. So congratulations to Angel, you have won a NewsOnF1 Compact Smart Digital Clock with Alarm.

Angel managed to pick 5 of the top 8 finishers with 2nd and 3rd in their exact finishing place. Picking Jenson Button for pole earned Angel 0 additional points and scored a bonus 1 point for picking 5 without Pole!

Marinello Murphy managed to pick 6 of the top 8 finishers with 7th in their exact finishing place. Picking Ruben Barrichello for pole earned Marinello Murphy 0 additional points and scored a bonus 2 points for picking 6 without Pole!

Please give us your comments on how you've managed such a stunning pick!
All other players can contribute here as well. We'd love to hear from you.

The Overall Top 20 is available here

The China Top 200 is available here

The Popularity Picks for the round of China is available here

Results for individuals and groups are all being sent via email.
Register - Submit

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:43 pm

Not sure whether I like being from Austria or not Ed..................... :P

8 n Pole Admin

Post by 8 n Pole Admin » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:22 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:Not sure whether I like being from Austria or not Ed..................... :P
You don't like to be ?

Ok :shock:
Register - Submit

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:30 pm

:D I don't think anyone else is doing this, but I just noticed on my 8 'n' pole results a link to let you know how I did in China. I guess not as good as 110 of you, but not as bad 2,746 of you, either.

I got 21 points and ranked 63 for the China Round and my cumulative score; what I'm talking about above, is 111 out of 2857. My points total, showing how hard it is to pick this year, 52! :oops:

How I can be in position #111 with only 52 points must mean bunches of folks are still picking Michael Schumacher and Juan Pablo Montoya! 8)

Anyway, I am looking forward, with fear and trembling, to seeing how practice went today in the desert. Don't tell me that Force India has suddenly surged to the middle of the pack! :roll:

Cheers and Enjoy the Race in the Desert (I wonder if we'll see a sea of empty seats like we did in Shanghai?) :(

Jim Watt