The Best F1 Guessing Game!
Have a question or just want to share with us your picks

Moderator: 8 n Pole Admin

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:48 am

Well, Well, Well...

I am amazed at how confident so many of you are that Fernando's car will manage, somehow, to keep all four wheels firmly attached, or not to run out of fuel, or have the "hydraulics" or the "electronics" somehow not malfunction...:smokin:

I guess you all believe in the 'McLaren Code': "First, do no charm."

Sorry, Jay Vee, but I don't think your driver can count on a whole lot of "support" at this point :alright:

with that as a given, behold my picks for Fuji:

:1st: the Kimster yet again, because it's crunch time...
:2nd: Hambone, because (mysteriously :roll:) his machine will not have the same troubles as his defending WDC team-mate [so-called; team-mate, that is]
:3rd: Felipe in the 'other' red car
4th: Quick Nick :burnout: will push Felipe hard, and maybe even get him!
5th: Robert :super: Kubica will be hot on Nick's tail by the end
6th: Nico will bring the Toyota/Williams in just to tease the locals a little :clap:
7th: Heikki will roll into the points again, just to make Flav's day a little less bitter 8)
and the final points paying slot will go to: Webbo, for RBR! :woohoo:

The Pole Position will be Kimi's; I think he'll beat Lewis by more than 2 tenths!

Ciao for now, Chaps

See you at the races

Jim Watt :wave:
My Racing Gods: Fangio, Vukovich; Senna & Mears --all racers all the time; graceful winners & generous in defeat, but never giving up!!

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:16 pm

Yes Jim I hear you and I am really worried about what will happen to Alonso without much support BUT

First Alonso has proven time and again that he is a master at what he does so he must have some deal that guarantees his car will continue to be fool proof. And remember that we only knew about how bad the relationship is last week yet he beat Hamilton in the last 3 races.

Besides if McLaren do screw up his car in Japan Alonso can easily take out Hamilton in the next race and hand the championship to Raikkonen and McLaren are very well aware of what Alonso can do (remember Hungary). They just can't mess with Alonso.

Actually no one can mess with Alonso. The whole driver market is on hold until The Cute decides on where he drives next year. He is the King :D :D

But I think there is no need to panic and for things to go nasty, as long as Raikkonen is in the hunt McLaren won't do a thing to Alonso's car, they just can't. Now ideally if Hamilton retires in Japan (he's had a few near misses lately) then it becomes nearly a done deal for Alonso.

And did you forget that you jinx whoever you put to win ?

So here are my picks (in a serious attempt to move to second in the F1 Idiots group :D

Winner: Fernando Alonso - Totally focussed on racing, Fantastic Fernando will be untouchable, more so if it rains :wink:

Second: Kimi Raikkonen - Just because Hamilton has an off!!

Third: Felipe Massa - Can't do better than 3rd given the circumstances

Fourth: Lewis Hamilton - Goes off chasing Alonso, lucky again to rejoin in 4th!!

Fifth: Nick Heidfeld - He has 5th place booked

Sixth: Robert Kubica - Could beat his teammate but has a problem in the pits

Seventh: Nico Rosberg - Certainly deserves a better car

Eighth: Heikki Kovalainen - Him too :D

Pole: Fernando Alonso - With more fuel than Hamilton and half a second faster
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:46 am

Did I just hear a McLaren cough but once, just before the apex???? :shock:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

cmlean

Post by cmlean » Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:10 pm

Now, ...... my picks are
Hammo
Massa
Alonso
Kimi
Nick
Kubica
Kova
Webbo

Pole
Massa

8 n Pole Admin

Post by 8 n Pole Admin » Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:44 pm

Results for Japan are now available.

The average score for Japan was a low 22.91 (the 3rd lowest behind Canada and Europe - Germany)!

Top score was 37. Congratulations to the 4 players who top scored this round. 3 players rolled their picks while 1 (Honey) did submit picks for the round and becomes our latest winner. Congratulations Honey for winning this round.

Honey scored 37 points by picking 6 out of the top 8 finishers with 6th and 7th in their exact places as well as pole. Well done!

The Overall Top 20 is available here

The Japanese Top 200 is available here

The Popularity Picks for the round of Japan is available here

Good luck in the final round of Brazil.
8 'n' Pole - The Best F1 Guessing Game
Register - Submit