Round of Turkey - Picks and comments

The Best F1 Guessing Game!
Have a question or just want to share with us your picks

Moderator: 8 n Pole Admin

8 n Pole Admin

Round of Turkey - Picks and comments

Post by 8 n Pole Admin » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:11 am

The Turkish Grand Prix is on the 26th of August. Pick submissions close on the 24th of August prior to the start of the 1st Friday practice session at 10:00 local time (07:00 GMT).

Go ahead and submit your picks here then come back and paste your picks on this thread let the rest know why you think this pick is the right one.

Good luck!
8 'n' Pole - The Best F1 Guessing Game
Register - Submit

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:28 am

There is something I really like about this place :D
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Lloyd
F1 Tester
F1 Tester

Post by Lloyd » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:11 pm

The picks you have entered are:

Winner: Kimi Raikkonen

Second: Felipe Massa

Third: Fernando Alonso

Fourth: Lewis Hamilton

Fifth: Robert Kubica

Sixth: Nick Heidfeld

Seventh: Mark Webber

Eighth: Heikki Kovalainen

Pole: Kimi Raikkonen
Maybe, perhaps, not sure

cmlean

Post by cmlean » Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:43 pm

You have registered the following picks :

Winner : Kimi Raikkonen.....It's time for Kimi to step up again
Second : Fernando Alonso...Tired of being shown up by the upstart
Third : Felipe Massa............Close but not close enough
Fourth : Lewis Hamilton.......Damn, missed the podium
Fifth : Nick Heidfeld.............I'm nearly there (still)
Sixth : Robert Kubica..........Where did Nick go?
Seventh : Jarno Trulli..........A little more speed
Eighth : Heikki Kovalainen...Time to show up Fisi

Pole : Kimi Raikkonen.........Zoom Zoom

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:22 am

Picks for the Turkish Grand Prix.......................

1st} Lewis Hamilton(keepin' it real and keeping a firm hold on the WDC!! ) :lol: :lol: :shock: :shock: :shock:
2nd} Kimi Raikkonen(gotta' keep fighting, gotta' keep fighting..... ) :shock: :shock: :shock:
3rd} Fernando Alonso(go on and swivel, Lewis! ) :evil: :shock: :shock:
4th} Nick Heidfeld(still the best of the rest, but hey.....I beat a Ferrari for once!!!) :lol: :lol: :lol: :shock2: :shock2: :shock2:
5th} Felipe Massa(..................... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ..............)
6th} Giancarlo Fisichella(welcome to the club, Felipe! ) :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
7th} Jarno Trulli(all that money Toyota spends on F1........and I still can't finish better than 7th!!! :evil: :evil: )
8th} David Coulthard(this week's pick for 8th........ :shock: :shock: )

And for pole position..............who else, Lewis Hamilton
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Aug 23, 2007 10:04 am

kimi, the Racer, will out in force for the next 6 races. Nothing to lose, pedal to the metal 8)

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:02 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:kimi, the Racer, will out in force for the next 6 races. Nothing to lose, pedal to the metal 8)
Agree... It's simply a "make or break" situation. My guess is he'll make half, break half :)
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:04 pm

Forgot to post my picks here and I have already erased the email... Oh well, next time.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

Bundy
Racer
Racer

Post by Bundy » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:26 pm

Winner: Fernando Alonso
Second: Felipe Massa
Third: Kimi Raikkonen
Fourth: Nick Heidfeld
Fifth: Giancarlo Fisichella
Sixth: Mark Webber
Seventh: Robert Kubica
Eighth: David Coulthard

Pole: Felipe Massa

I'll either look like a hero or d*^%head
There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.......

I'm no ordinary idiot. I'm an F1 idiot!!!
146th in 8'n'Pole 2007
293rd in 8'n'Pole 2006

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:44 pm

Winner: Fernando Alonso

Second: Kimi Raikkonen

Third: Lewis Hamilton

Fourth: Felipe Massa

Fifth: Nick Heidfeld

Sixth: Robert Kubica

Seventh: Heikki Kovalainen

Eighth: Mark Webber

Pole: Kimi Raikkonen

M.. I... C.. C I put my tips in....K..... E.....Y.....Y ? because ummmmm I fordot why but
MO USE!!!
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:26 am

:D Greetings Mates!

I'm making my picks w/out even looking at Thursday Practice times, because, as Julian says, the Kimster now has NADA to lose!

So. W/ no further ado: my picks for Turkey are

:1st: the Kimster will overdrive every corner and end the race on ragged rubber with Felipe about 33 seconds in arrears!
:2nd: Felipe, the corporate man
:3rd: Lewis, keeping his lead safe
4th: Fernando, pouting and punishing Ron :mb: (Hell, he might even indulge in some Kimster antics and fall all the way out of the points! I doubt it, though. If anything, he might out Kimster Kimi!)
5th: Nick will be pushing hard :drive:
6th: Robert K. will be right behind him :box1:
7th: I'm going out on a limb and picking the other Finn: Heikki :updown:
8thP poor old Giancarlo Fisichella (he is, after all, driving a Renault! :juggle:

the pole, and it should be the most exciting one of the year, will belong to Kimi :super:

Have a great Race! From now on it's silly season and lots of fun!

Jim Watt

Oh, P.S. I almost forgot. I am so bold this week because I am higher in the (overall) pole n'8 than ever! My slot after Hungary: 342 points which makes me #89 out of 2318!! Hooray, the top 100!!!
My Hungary score wasn't shabby either: 35 points ranked 78! So, between now and the last race, I can pick Kimi for every win and pole!

Jay Vee wants me to do it, too, b/c everytime I pick Kimi, Fernando takes it! :burnout:
My Racing Gods: Fangio, Vukovich; Senna & Mears --all racers all the time; graceful winners & generous in defeat, but never giving up!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:28 am

gkaytaz wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:kimi, the Racer, will out in force for the next 6 races. Nothing to lose, pedal to the metal 8)
Agree... It's simply a "make or break" situation. My guess is he'll make half, break half :)
As you know,I posted a similar comment, elsewhere, in the hope that it might stimulate a post or two, other than to point out that I had posted a similar post elsewhere :shock:
Massa has a new chassi, Kimi doesn't. Why? Cos he is on a ballbreaker mission for Ferrari
Is Kimi going to break Hambone.... for the team n Massa .........imh opinion, the only guy in a car fast enough to disturb Hambone is Kimi....... Alonso cannot keep up with Hambone.......so if Kimi can take points off the McLarens while the infighting continues, and it will continue,.........(Kimi will be at Ferrari for the next two years 8) )......Massa wins.......... tis the only logical Ferrari battleplan 8)

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:37 am

Jim Watt wrote::D Greetings Mates!

I'm making my picks w/out even looking at Thursday Practice times, because, as Julian says, the Kimster now has NADA to lose!

So. W/ no further ado: my picks for Turkey are

:1st: the Kimster will overdrive every corner and end the race on ragged rubber with Felipe about 33 seconds in arrears!
:2nd: Felipe, the corporate man
:3rd: Lewis, keeping his lead safe
4th: Fernando, pouting and punishing Ron :mb: (Hell, he might even indulge in some Kimster antics and fall all the way out of the points! I doubt it, though. If anything, he might out Kimster Kimi!)
5th: Nick will be pushing hard :drive:
6th: Robert K. will be right behind him :box1:
7th: I'm going out on a limb and picking the other Finn: Heikki :updown:
8thP poor old Giancarlo Fisichella (he is, after all, driving a Renault! :juggle:

the pole, and it should be the most exciting one of the year, will belong to Kimi :super:

Have a great Race! From now on it's silly season and lots of fun!

Jim Watt

Oh, P.S. I almost forgot. I am so bold this week because I am higher in the (overall) pole n'8 than ever! My slot after Hungary: 342 points which makes me #89 out of 2318!! Hooray, the top 100!!!
My Hungary score wasn't shabby either: 35 points ranked 78! So, between now and the last race, I can pick Kimi for every win and pole!

Jay Vee wants me to do it, too, b/c everytime I pick Kimi, Fernando takes it! :burnout:
:shock:

Well done Jim
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Make mine a Glenfididch

:clap: :cheers: :clap:
It will be interesting to see which cars are fastest through the various sectors, come race day 8)

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Fri Aug 24, 2007 2:52 am

:good: :good:
Right Oh Julian!! The whole race should be a lot of fun; I hadn't thought much about Kimi trading paint with Hambone, but I think it's definitely going to be offered. We've seen, tho, that Lewis is (like Michael) a very controlled chap, and so I expect he'll see the wisdom of keeping his points lead by simply beating his team mate in every race (who CAN'T offer to trade paint with Lewis b/c he can't risk taking himself out!).

In other words, Lewis'll politely decline Kimi's challenge and use his Michael like blocking skills to stay ahead of Fernando while waiting to "collect" on any mistakes Kimi might make.

Fernando, on the other hand, HAS to beat both Kimi AND Lewis. Not that that is impossible. But it sure will be fun to watch.

Throw Felipe and Nick into the mix on Turn One and, well, you can see, lots of fun in the offing. :up: :up:

I'd not refuse a glenfiddich (esp. if it were offered in Caladonia!), but on race day I'm more of a bitters man meself :cheers: :cheers:

Jim Watt
My Racing Gods: Fangio, Vukovich; Senna & Mears --all racers all the time; graceful winners & generous in defeat, but never giving up!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:49 am

Jim Watt wrote::good: :good:
Right Oh Julian!! The whole race should be a lot of fun; I hadn't thought much about Kimi trading paint with Hambone, but I think it's definitely going to be offered. We've seen, tho, that Lewis is (like Michael) a very controlled chap, and so I expect he'll see the wisdom of keeping his points lead by simply beating his team mate in every race (who CAN'T offer to trade paint with Lewis b/c he can't risk taking himself out!).

In other words, Lewis'll politely decline Kimi's challenge and use his Michael like blocking skills to stay ahead of Fernando while waiting to "collect" on any mistakes Kimi might make.

Fernando, on the other hand, HAS to beat both Kimi AND Lewis. Not that that is impossible. But it sure will be fun to watch.

Throw Felipe and Nick into the mix on Turn One and, well, you can see, lots of fun in the offing. :up: :up:

I'd not refuse a glenfiddich (esp. if it were offered in Caladonia!), but on race day I'm more of a bitters man meself :cheers: :cheers:

Jim Watt
To Caledonia :cheers:

The Shetlands :cheers:

The Washpool :cheers: