Round of Hungary '21 - Picks and comments

The Best F1 Guessing Game! Have a question or just want to share with us your picks

Moderators: cmlean, 10 n Pole Admin

10 n Pole Admin

Round of Hungary '21 - Picks and comments

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:32 pm

10 'n' Pole players, post your picks for the 11th race of the season in Hungary.

You can log-in to the new 10 'n' Pole site and submit your picks at http://newsonf1.net/10npole/ then paste your picks here and tell us why you think your picks will be the correct ones.

For a live view of which drivers the 10 'n' Pole players are picking, visit the Popular Picks page

For the latest Formula 1 news, visit the Formula 1 News page.

The deadline for submitting the picks is the start of Saturday practice, 31/7/2021.
That is at 12:00 Hungary time (10:00 GMT).

Good luck

cmlean

Re: Round of Hungary '21 - Picks and comments

Post by cmlean » Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:59 pm

Well, here are my picks for this weekend's event in Hungary.

Winner: Max Verstappen
Second: Lewis Hamilton
Third: Valtteri Bottas
Fourth: Lando Norris
Fifth: Sergio Perez
Sixth: Charles Leclerc
Seventh: Daniel Ricciardo
Eighth: Carlos Sainz
Ninth: Pierre Gasly
Tenth: Fernando Alonso
Pole: Max Verstappen

My feeling is that the Red Bull crew will have gone over Max's RB16 with a fine tooth comb. Hopefully, all boxes will be ticked and he will come home with the big trophy.
I'm still not overly impressed with Sergio Perez. Yes, he can be fast and yes, he could manage his tyres but I feel that, like Daniel Ricciardo, he just doesn't feel at home with his Red Bull. I do understand that it was built for Max but he has been in the paddock for some time and has so much more experience compared to Max.

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:43 am

Myself and CM Lean are pretty much the same in our picks. It is great fun to try to pick this year as things are so inconstant. Friday's practice had drivers praying for rain. I'm just happy it the race is as good as the last one, but without the madness on the first lap. I believe the "uppires" rely too m,uch on slo motion reviews and data drivel and can't believe in racing incidents any more. Anyway, here are my pics:
1. Max Verstappen. Red Bull were "sand-bagging" as usual on Friday. Max will take the race AND the pole and Lewis will be unhappy with his power. :cry:
2. Lewis won't be able to keep up with Max (if tMax doesn't send him into a wall to retuirn the favor. Should that actually happen I think the race will be even more fun to watch with both drivers out of it :bouncec:
3, It should be Valteri in arepeat of last yuear's Hungarian GP, but it coulrd easily be Perez getting the second Red bull on the podium :burnout:
4, I havto put Perez'z Red Bull ahead of Lando Norris's McLaren :clap:
5. :Landlo should be pushing Sergio (was McLaren also "sand-bagging" on Friday?) :?:
6. On the grounds that he's sixth in the Driver's Championship, I have to prefer LeCleerc's Ferrari to Alonso's Alpine :bouncey:
7. Alonso's having a very good year and he may well keep Sainz's Fererari behind him :clap: :ROTFLMAO:
8. Sainz can "hold off" the "other" McLaren and Daniel's up and down year will continue :|
9. Ricciardo's "other" MClaren should be enough :oops: stall Seb Vettel's Aston Martin10.
10. I hope Seb holds on, but it could well be Gasley who get's the last point :cheers:

Should be a fun race and I'm looking forward to it

Jim Watt
My Racing Gods: Fangio, Vukovich; Senna & Mears --all racers all the time; graceful winners & generous in defeat, but never giving up!!

cmlean

Post by cmlean » Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:51 am

Good to see you back Jim!
You are correct in the uncertainty in this year's championship. Just when one team gets the upper hand, the other hits back. With Max scoring no points last time out, the drivers championship is wide open!

10 n Pole Admin

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Mon Aug 02, 2021 6:25 pm

With 4 weeks before we head to Spa in Belgium and the Aston Martin protest for the disqualification of Sebastian Vettel for an insufficient fuel sample to be heard, we may also wait to publish the 10'n'Pole results until the decision is handed down.
The points will be really interesting, and low, following the incident packed race in Hungary.

10 n Pole Admin

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:42 pm

Congratulations to the winners of the Round of Hungary '21

Code: Select all

Rank	Score	Player		Country
1	37	teine_riiul	Estonia
2	35	marco polo	United States
3	33	Couzens		United States
3	33	Adi		Romania
3	33	Roger4		Jamaica
3	33	TimH		Australia