Round of Austria 01 '20 - Picks and comments

The Best F1 Guessing Game! Have a question or just want to share with us your picks

Moderators: cmlean, 10 n Pole Admin

10 n Pole Admin

Round of Austria 01 '20 - Picks and comments

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Sat Jun 27, 2020 5:37 pm

We're back!

10 'n' Pole players, post your picks for the 1st race of the revised 2020 season in Austria.

This will be the first of 2 events to be conducted at this circuit over successive weekends.

You can log-in to the new 10 'n' Pole site and submit your picks at http://newsonf1.net/10npole/ then paste your picks here and tell us why you think your picks will be the correct ones.

For a live view of which drivers the 10 'n' Pole players are picking, visit the Popular Picks page.

You can also visit the Continuous F1 Coverage page for all the news and comments on Formula 1.

For the latest Formula 1 news, visit the Formula 1 News page.

The deadline for submitting the picks is the start of Saturday practice. That is at 12:00 Austrian time (10:00 GMT) July 4th.

Good luck

cmlean

Re: Round of Austria 01 '20 - Picks and comments

Post by cmlean » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:52 pm

Now is the time to really go out on a limb

Your Pick Post Date:2020-06-29 11:22:59 (GMT)
Winner: Max Verstappen
Second: Lewis Hamilton
Third: Charles Leclerc
Fourth: Valtteri Bottas
Fifth: Alexander Albon
Sixth: Sebastian Vettel
Seventh: Carlos Sainz
Eighth: Daniel Ricciardo
Ninth: Lando Norris
Tenth: Esteban Ocon
Pole: Max Verstappen

I think that the Honda powered Red Bulls may just take it to Mercedes.

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:38 am

Well. Hello CMLEAN

though I've just registered (because I changed my email address) I'm the same old guy who used to post under my name. computers, though, have their own rules. I've pretty much the same cast of characters as you, but in a whole diffeent order. I would LOVE to see Max take the pole and win, but I just don't think he has the machine yet to do so. In fact, I'm hoping we get Max and Danny Ricciardo in a shoot out at some point in the race. Then we'll see just how much the Dutchman has "matured." A typical Max style pounce may just have the gate slammed on him and the two of them will be finished for the day.

Here are my picks:
1. Lewis Hamilton
2. Valteri Bottas
3. Sergio Perez {I think the pink Merc is the best of the rest and Sergio can manage a podium)
4. Max Verstappen (the Honda's good; but it's not a Merc comptetitor yet
5. Seb Vettel Now that he has nothing to lose, I think he'll just enjoy himself like the Iceman does and he'll be going for the podium and may well make it
6. Charles LeClerc I expect Charles to struggle in the opening laps and I hope he doesn't damage his car
7. Daniel Ricciardo I hope to see the Renault finally competitive and would love to see Danny on the podium again
8. Alex Albon I just don't think Alex is ready to mix it up with this hungry crowd of race drivers
9. Lando Norris This is purely sentimental on my part I would love to see McLaren further up the points; it's just a shame that they and Williams are in such bad shape
10. Ocon in the other McLaren will give the team the last point.
Pole: Lewis naturally and, I expect, by a comfortable margin.

cmlean

Post by cmlean » Sun Jul 05, 2020 6:42 am

Hi Jim

Glad to hear that you are well.

I don't know what I was thinking by not picking at least one of the pink Mercedes in the top 10. I would think that, at least one (read Sergio Perez), would finish well inside the top 10. These cars have been impressive throughout pre-season testing and practice.
Ferrari have been the biggest disappointment and will probably be in the same position next weekend. Aero updates are due. Who knows? Ferrari may decide to fast track them given the position that they are in.

Sunday should give us the best indication of where all teams are at. I'm looking forward to the return of F1.

10 n Pole Admin

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:53 pm

Congratulations to the winners of the Round of Austria 01 '20

Code: Select all

Rank	Score	Player		   Country
1	47	loveF1		   Pakistan
1	47	bcainslc	   United States
3	46	Orly		   Brazil
4	45	fart		   United States
4	45	Pitstop		   United States
4	45	DJ		   Canada
7	44	Muthar		   United States
8	43	N. Jones	   United States
8	43	paramoric	   United Kingdom
10	42	Spud		   Australia
10	42	Charles J Moscato  Australia
10	42	Lance		   Australia
10	42	jagermeister	   United States
10	42	hawksec		   United States
10	42	Joe		   United States
A big welcome to all new and returning players. As this is Round 1, these points the current standings.

Next: Round of Austria 02 '20
Date: 10-12th July