Round of Abu Dhabi '18 - Picks and comments

The Best F1 Guessing Game! Have a question or just want to share with us your picks

Moderators: cmlean, 10 n Pole Admin

10 n Pole Admin

Round of Abu Dhabi '18 - Picks and comments

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:25 am

10 'n' Pole players, post your picks for the final race of the 2018 season in Abu Dhabi.

You can log-in to the new 10 'n' Pole site and submit your picks at http://newsonf1.net/10npole/ then paste your picks here and tell us why you think your picks will be the correct ones.

For a live view of which drivers the 10 'n' Pole players are picking, visit the Popular Picks page

You can also visit the Continuous F1 Coverage page for all the news and comments on Formula 1

For the latest Formula 1 news, visit the Formula 1 News page.

The deadline for submitting the picks is the start of Saturday practice. That is at 14:00 Abu Dhabi time (10:00 GMT).

Good luck

cmlean

Re: Round of Abu Dhabi '18 - Picks and comments

Post by cmlean » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:48 pm

Well, for the final time in 2018, here are my picks

Your Pick
Winner: Valtteri Bottas
Second: Lewis Hamilton
Third: Sebastian Vettel
Fourth: Kimi Raikkonen
Fifth: Max Verstappen
Sixth: Daniel Ricciardo
Seventh: Sergio Perez
Eighth: Kevin Magnussen
Ninth: Romain Grosjean
Tenth: Charles Leclerc
Pole: Valtteri Bottas

Bottas is deserving of a win in 2018. With that, I am giving it to him. I think Lewis may as well.
The rest seem to follow the season end performances. I have omitted the Renault's. Don't ask why but they never crossed my mind.

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:51 am

:burnout: :D :D Well, CM LEAN, it's been a lonesome year on this forum and, since I'm a Ferrari fan, a disappointing one. The Red Cars should definitely begin the next season with black stripes on the front wings. :evil: :evil:

I'm picking Max Verstappen to win at Abu dhabi (not that it matters much since the race is always so boring) :roll: :roll:
Second place will go to Lewis Hamiton who will graciously praise Max as step number one in next year's quest for Number Six :cheers:
the last step on the podium will be Valteri Bottas's, though he won't be gracious about it :oops:
Fourth place will be claimed by Kimi Raikkonen, just to stick it to Maranello, or maybe he'll even out-break Valteri and steal a podium place :clap: :clap: Fifth place will be Sebastian Vettel's a appropriate end for a miserable season of bad luck and poor team management :( :(
Sixth place will be Romain Grosjean's and he'll be all smiles for Haas :lol:
Seventh place will belong to Nico Hulkenberg, dragging the lousy Renault chassis into the points again :cry:
Eighth place will go to carlos Sainz in the other terrible Renault :cry: :cry: (Will the Renault Team show up next year??)
Ninth place will be Magnussun in the other Haas
and the last point will go to poor Ocon who, it appears, is out of luck as things stand today :(

The Pole will be, finally, Max Verstappen's :bouncec: :bouncey: :bounce:

Perez will end the season ignominiously and both Force Canada {?!?] and Red Bull teams will be wondering why they've put Perez and Gasly in their machines. I'm being quiet about Maranello which, I believe, is headed in the same direction lately taken by McLaren. :roll: :roll:

Actually, I'm wondering if by the time we get to Montreal next year, there won't suddenly be a seat for Estban. Merry Christmas!! :burnout:
My Racing Gods: Fangio, Vukovich; Senna & Mears --all racers all the time; graceful winners & generous in defeat, but never giving up!!

10 n Pole Admin

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:19 am

Congratulations to the winners of the Round of Abu Dhabi '18

Code: Select all

Rank	Score	Player		Country
1	71	CHM		Brazil
2	66	Roger4		Jamaica
2	66	Cap		Peru
2	66	PJSuperstar	Australia
5	62	Couzens		United States
5	62	Wiki Kass	Uruguay
5	62	Wilf		Australia
8	61	Michael Geldart	Australia
8	61	bigbacch	Brazil
10	60	Xcat28		Peru

10 n Pole Admin

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:26 am

10'n'Pole standings after the Round of Abu Dhabi '18

Code: Select all

Rank	Score	Player		Country
1	1139	NuvolariF1	United States
2	1134	Binny		Australia
3	1131	Dom		United Kingdom
4	1127	sad boi		United States
5	1126	Joe		United States
6	1122	JTodd		United States
7	1120	Armin		Australia
8	1110	Down Under Dave	New Zealand
8	1110	Orange Peel	United Kingdom
10	1106	Roger4		Jamaica
10	1106	Midgetgem	United Kingdom

10 n Pole Admin

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:31 am

It all came down to the final round with just 8 points separating the top 3 after 21 rounds.

Congratulations to the winners for 2018!

The site administrator will contact NuvolariF1, Binny and Dom to discuss your prizes.

Thank you all for participating in this 2018 10'n'Pole and we look forward to seeing you again in 2019.
Race 1 is in Australia on Sunday March 17.