Round of USA '18 - Picks and comments

The Best F1 Guessing Game! Have a question or just want to share with us your picks

Moderators: cmlean, 10 n Pole Admin

10 n Pole Admin

Round of USA '18 - Picks and comments

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:50 pm

10 'n' Pole players, post your picks for the 18th race of the season in Austin.

You can log-in to the 10 'n' Pole site and submit your picks at then paste your picks here and tell us why you think your picks will be the correct ones.

For a live view of which drivers the 10 'n' Pole players are picking, visit the Popular Picks page.

You can also visit the Continuous F1 Coverage
page for all the news and comments on Formula 1

For the latest Formula 1 news, visit the Formula 1 News page.
page.

The deadline for submitting the picks is the start of Saturday practice. That is at 13:00 Austin time (18:00 GMT).

Good luck

cmlean

Re: Round of USA '18 - Picks and comments

Post by cmlean » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:35 pm

I have decided that my support for Ferrari for 2018 is over, somewhat like their chances of slowing the inevitable WDC going to Lewis Hamilton.

Winner: Lewis Hamilton
Second: Valtteri Bottas
Third: Max Verstappen
Fourth: Sebastian Vettel
Fifth: Daniel Ricciardo
Sixth: Kimi Raikkonen
Seventh: Esteban Ocon
Eighth: Romain Grosjean
Ninth: Sergio Perez
Tenth: Charles Leclerc
Pole: Lewis Hamilton

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:08 am

:D :D Well, I'm with cmlean as regards the podium, but I'm not writing Ferrari out of the points just yet. :)
It's been five years since Sebastian Vettel won at Austin --and that was in a Red Bull/Renault in 2013. The best he has done since then was second, last year. All other American Grand Prixs at Austin have been won by Lewis Hamilton and this year he will probably not only win, but claim the World Driver's Championship for the fifth time. :cheers: :clap: :clap: :clap:

So it's pretty easy pickings for this year's race-- here are mine:

1. Lewis Hamilton after an easy start from the pole and a gentlemanly drive for the rest of the day as corporate F1 settles the season to the money's satisfaction. :burnout:
2. Valteri Bottas will adhere to his contract and act to assist Lewis to victory; there will be no 'team orders' of course, that will have been decided a long time ago. Nor will the World Champion politely return the victory he managed by Valteri letting him past in Russia; such things just aren't done in corporate formula one as was evident last week in Japan. Or maybe Lewis is waiting for Mexico to gift him? :evil: :evil:
3. Max Verstappen will finish out on the podium --unless he can bash past Valteri early and keep him at bay :bouncec: :bouncey:
4. Sebastian Vettel will finish in the points again ...and his grin wf)ill get increasingly fainter. Will folks in Maranello be wearing black armbands? :( :(
5. Kimi Raikkonen, whose best finish at Austin was Third last year, will be in the points somewhere again this week, barring a wheel falling off. :oops:
6. Daniel Ricciardo may well be fourth or fifth, IF (and it's a big IF) Red Bull gives him a decent car :roll: :roll:
7. Kevin Magnussen will make American fans happy by making it into the points :clap: :clap:
8. I'm picking Charles Leclerc's Sauber Ferrari to sneak in ahead of Hulkenberg's Renault :cheers:
9. Nico Hulkenberg will drag the ("Mark 3, is it called?") Renault into the points again :ROTFLMAO:
10. Fernando Alonso, one of the best of the best, will bow out with his final point in America. :clap: :cheers: :clap:

I don't know who Fernando got crosswise with in formula one but I do know he's no corporate shill. If F1 were indeed a racing series instead of an entertainment venue, he'd be more than a two time World Drivers' champion. If there were an F1 race of champions in which the drivers would race in identical cars; my bet is that not only would there be more overtaking than in the regular races, there would be a bigger audience for that event than even for Monaco or Silverstone. Will it ever happen? Not good for the money men, I'm afraid. :x :x

I'll be watching the race on tape so I can speed through ( :roll: :roll: ) the boring parts. Will anyone be watching the rest of the season? Really??
My Racing Gods: Fangio, Vukovich; Senna & Mears --all racers all the time; graceful winners & generous in defeat, but never giving up!!

10 n Pole Admin

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:21 pm

Congratulations to the winners of the Round of USA '18

Code: Select all

Rank	Score	Player		Country
1	60	loveF1		Pakistan
2	59	CHM		Brazil
2	59	RacyTracy	United Kingdom
2	59	Road Runner	United Kingdom
5	57	pauline wallace	United Kingdom
5	57	pepper		Canada