2009 IRL Team Reports: Sarah Fisher Racing

IRL Team reports for the 2009 IRL season

Moderator: mlittle

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:09 am

FISHER OPENS TEXAS RACE WEEKEND

FORT WORTH, TX Jun 04, 2009 Sarah Fisher returned for her 10th time to practice for the Bombardier LearJet 550 Thursday evening under the lights at Texas Motor Speedway (TMS). Fisher turned 48 laps in her No. 67 Dollar General Honda with a best speed of 212.250 on her 12th lap.

"It's nice to get back here to Texas Motor Speedway," said Fisher, whose best start at TMS is 9th and came in 2002. "It's really fast in the dark here at Texas and it's sure to be a great show. I wish we could have gotten some more laps in today. The Dollar General car felt pretty good right away in traffic and that's a first for this year; which feels like we are making strides towards a good finish."

Though it was her 10th time as a driver at TMS, this was Fisher's first time at the track as a team owner. Sarah Fisher Racing (SFR) will be making their third start of the 2009 IndyCar Series season and first start at TMS.

"It feels so amazing to be here as an owner," continued Fisher. "I love Texas and not having the funds to compete here last year was tough. It was good motivation to work really hard so we could make it here this year."

SFR will close the evening by repairing a gearing-related issue prior to Friday's first session of practice and qualifications at 2:00 p.m and 5:30 p.m. Central, respectively.

Fisher's 2009 IndyCar Series season continues June 6 at Texas Motor Speedway. The race will be telecast live in High Definition (HD) at 9 p.m. (EDT) on VERSUS. The race will air live on the IMS Radio Network, XM channel 145 and Sirius channel 211. The radio broadcast also will be carried on www.indycar.com, with broadcast coverage summaries available at www.indycar.com and www.sarahfisher.com.
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:35 am

FISHER POSTS 2ND TOP 15 QUALIFYING EFFORT OF 2009 SEASON

SFR Will Start 14th in Saturday's Race at Texas Motor Speedway

FORT WORTH, TX Jun 05, 2009 While making their first attempt to qualify for the Bombardier Learjet 550 at Texas Motor Speedway (TMS), Sarah Fisher Racing (SFR) turned in a lap quick enough to start from Row 7 in the 14th position for the first twilight race of the 2009 IndyCar Series season.

"I think this was good for the Dollar General crew," said Sarah Fisher, whose best qualifying effort at TMS is 10th, in 2002. "We don't have a whole lot of tricks for qualifying. As budgeted as we are, our race day setup has to be the priority."

Fisher opened the practice session Friday afternoon 9th quick, putting in a speed of 213.231 miles per hour (mph). She turned just 14 laps, compared to Thursday's 48. Her best practice speed was also 14th quick for the weekend, setting a trend for this year's trip to TMS. SFR's practice session was cut short, due to gearing issues that hampered the opportunity for additional track time.

"The scheduling here is tough," says Fisher. "There isn't a lot of green in-traffic time so I think the race will be completely different than what we saw in practice."

The driver of the No. 67 Dollar General machine wheeled four consistent laps during evening qualifications with times of, 212.634, 212.602, 212.529 and 212.452 mph, producing an average qualifying speed of 212.554 mph.

"I think we have a pretty good chance at the race tomorrow," added Fisher, whose best finish from 10 starts at TMS is 10th, in 2007. Having missed out last year here at Texas, it's really good to be back at Eddie [Gossage's] track. At Texas, car performance really shows and we've all worked hard to make this a competitive car. This is the time that we could do on our own and we're happy with that."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:20 am

ELECTRICAL FAILURE LEAVES FISHER WITH THE 17TH POSITION AT TEXAS
Fisher's Race Almost Ended with Her First Pit Stop of the Night

FORT WORTH, TX Jun 06, 2009 As Sarah Fisher Racing (SFR) hit pit lane for their first pit stop of the Bombardier Learjet 550 on Lap 54, Sarah Fisher struggled to downshift her No. 67 Dollar General Honda powered Dallara as she turned into her pit stall. In the confusion, Fisher's car wasn't on its marks, which inhibited the fuel line from reaching the car. The race got away from Fisher, as she had to return to Pit Lane for fuel, immediately after leaving her pit.

"We had a major electrical failure," said Fisher, who started from the 14th position under the stars at Texas Motor Speedway (TMS). "The car would not get to neutral so our first pit stop was thrown to the wind. The rest of the night was really difficult as we had to leave the car in 2nd gear and rely on the clutch during pit stops."

But the race wasn't over yet for Fisher. Her remaining four pit stops were flawless, giving her the opportunity to stay in the fight. Fisher, then, gained two positions and, through pit strategy and perseverance, she finished the race in the 17th position, despite her bad luck.

In Fisher's 10th trip to TMS, she spent the first 50 laps battling with the race's 9th place finisher, Vision Racing's Ed Carpenter.

"The Dollar General Car is a great car," added Fisher. "Had we not had the electrical failure, we could have really done something with it tonight."

Fisher's 2009 IndyCar Series season continues August 1 at Kentucky Speedway.

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:26 am

SFR's Sarah Fisher Heads to Kentucky to Mark Anniversary with Dollar General

INDIANAPOLIS Jul 28, 2009 Sarah Fisher, of Sarah Fisher Racing (SFR), will make her 74th Career IndyCar Series start this weekend at the Indy 300 at Kentucky Speedway. This race marks the anniversary of the partnership between Fisher and her primary sponsor, Dollar General.

Dollar General came on to the scene before the Kentucky race last season, when Fisher's team lost funding from their original primary sponsor. The company has returned to partner with the series' only team owner/driver for SFR's sophomore season and has helped the new race team boast a one hundred percent growth rate from last year.

"We are so happy to have our friends at Dollar General by our side again this year," said Fisher, who will make her eighth start at Kentucky Speedway on raceday. "This race marks the anniversary of a great relationship between the race team and our sponsor. Kentucky was our first race with Dollar General by our side and they have supported us ever since."

That wasn't the only first Fisher experienced at the 1.5- mile asphalt track in Sparta, KY. Kentucky Speedway houses a number of Fisher's firsts. She had her first podium finish of third in 2000 at the track. In 2002, she was the first woman to win a pole position and she followed that record up by leading the first 26 Laps of the race that same year. The 28-year old still holds the track record there.

"I love racing at Kentucky Speedway," said Fisher. "I've had some of my best runs at this track and I can't wait to put another one on the books."

Among the fans watching Fisher set new records this year will be the Cincinnati Zoo's eight-year-old cheetah, appropriately named "Sarah." Fisher met the cheetah last week when the zoo announced that Sarah, the cheetah, was to have a race of her own. The fast feline will attempt to break the record for the quickest land mammal in September when she competes with an African cheetah, also vying for the title.

The Cincinnati Zoo announced the record attempt at a press conference with Fisher, in conjunction with Kentucky Speedway and Cheetah Outreach, a group organized to raise awareness and funds to support cheetah conservation.

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:12 pm

Kentucky: Sarah Fisher comments on 2010 schedule

CINCINNATI Jul 31, 2009 Sarah Fisher, of Sarah Fisher Racing (SFR), returns to the racetrack today for the first time since June 6 at Texas Motor Speedway. Fisher took time to react to the 2010 IndyCar Series schedule.

"As an owner I want to see the series grow and I am happy to see they have added some new venues to the schedule in 2010," said Fisher. "I'd be lying to say I wasn't disappointed there have not been some additional oval races added to the agenda. I realize the circumstances surrounding loosing Richmond and Milwaukee, but I just hope we remember what this series was built upon, which was the core values and principles of the Indianapolis 500."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:13 pm

FISHER DEPRIVED OF HER OPPORTUNITY FOR HER SECOND POLE AT KENTUCKY
SFR's Fisher is Pushed to the Back of the Pack

SPARTA, KY Jul 31, 2009 The IndyCar Series announced today that there would no evening qualifications for the Indy 300 at Kentucky Speedway due to moisture on the 1.5-mile asphalt oval. This meant the most to Sarah Fisher Racing's (SFR) Sarah Fisher, as they have run an abbreviated schedule this season and not had the opportunity to acquire the points needed to contend for the Pole position. The driver of the No. 67 Dollar General Honda will be forced to start the race from the second to last row.

"I'm disappointed we didn't have a chance to qualify as that decision greatly affects my position tomorrow," said Fisher, who will start from the 22nd position in the Indy 300 Saturday at Kentucky Speedway.

Regardless of Fisher's starting position for the twilight race Saturday night, she plans to be aggressive to make up the distance. Fisher was all smiles at this evening's autograph session at the track, giving fans a positive sign that the three-time Most Popular Driver would continue her lucky streak at what she considers to be her home track. It was in 2002 at Kentucky Speedway that Fisher made national headlines when she became the first woman in North American Motorsports history to be awarded the Pole Position for a major-league open-wheel race. She continued to write history that year by breaking the track record, which she still holds, and leading the first 26 Laps of the race.

Fisher will finally have her chance to get her car on the track for a brief practice session tomorrow afternoon, before welcoming a slew of people to the track to cheer her on. She will be hosting 102 of her family and friends at tomorrow's race, where she will try to repeat her 2002 run for the checkered flag.

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:45 pm

FISHER CLIMBS 10 POSITIONS TO FINISH 12TH AT KENTUCKY SPEEDWAY
SFR's Fisher Jumps From 22nd To Make Her Best Finish Of The 2009 Season

SPARTA, KY Aug 01, 2009 Sarah Fisher, of Sarah Fisher Racing (SFR), advanced 10 positions at Kentucky Speedway to finish 12th in her Dollar General Honda. She started from the 22nd position, due to qualifications being cancelled because of complications with the weather.

"I'm really proud of my team," said Fisher, who was most affected by the cancellation as she is not running a complete schedule and was unable to acquire the points needed to start from the front of the field. "Our small team has come a long way. I think my first win was taken from me tonight because we didn't qualify. Starting from the rear of the field and running times as quick as the Top 10, it gives us something to celebrate. It really shows how strong this team has become."

While hosting 102 guests of her team, Fisher rolled her No. 67 machine from Row 11 under the bursting fireworks at Kentucky Speedway on Saturday evening. Fisher ran as high as 11th, on Lap 154, while proclaiming, "This is the best car I've ever had here; so lets get it done!"

Fisher rolled into the pits for her first pit stop on Lap 44 to adjust her front wing, get four new tires and a full tank of fuel only to fall down a lap, which she gained back on Lap 118. This gave Fisher the opportunity to contend with the leaders and stay in the hunt, while they returned to their pits.

SFR, Fisher and Dollar General return to the racetrack at ChicagoLand Speedway on August 29, 2009, at 9:00 p.m. EDT on VERSUS.

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:38 pm

ISHER WINS FIRESTONE TIRE-IFIC MOVE OF THE RACE AWARD
SFR's Sarah Fisher Awarded $10,000 Prize From Kentucky Race

LEXINGTON, OH Aug 09, 2009 Sarah Fisher of Sarah Fisher Racing (SFR) was awarded the $10,000 Firestone "Tire-ific" Move of the Race award from the Kentucky race today during the pre-race ceremony for the Honda Indy 200 at Mid- Ohio Sports Car Course. Fisher edged out the races' winner, Ryan Briscoe, and the second place finisher, Ed Carpenter; in one of the closest three-way votes Firestone has ever had for the award.

"I'm so excited to win the Move of the Race award from Firestone," said Fisher, who was unable to accept the award and check in person as she is in Nashville at a Dollar General convention. "This award is for everyone on our team. The Dollar General crew did a fantastic job in the pits and we really had a great finish. Thank you so much to the fans that voted for us. I can't wait to get back on the track at Chicago."

The Firestone "Tire-ific" Move of the Race award is voted on by the fans at the IndyCar Series official website, indycar.com. Following each race, Firestone Racing nominates three drivers who best utilized their Firestone tires to make bold, dramatic moves during the event.

Less than 100 votes separated first place from third place, with more than 5,000 ballots cast for Fisher, Briscoe and Carpenter. Fisher advanced 10 positions in the race to finish 12th, her best finish since 2007 and SFR's best finish in its two-year existence.

During the check presentation, Fisher's husband and SFR's Team Manager, Andy O'Gara, along with his father and SFR's Team Co-Owner, John O'Gara, accepted the award and check in Fisher's place, because of her prior sponsor obligation.

Fisher adds the Firestone "Tire-ific" Move of the Race award to the rest of her collection from this season which included, the 2009 Spirit of Leadership Award, given to Fisher by the Women's Automotive Association International in conjunction with the National Auto Dealers Association (NADA), and the Scott Brayton Driver's Trophy following the 2009 Indianapolis 500.

While SFR and Fisher are not competing in today's Honda Indy 200, they will return to the racetrack at ChicagoLand Speedway for the Peak Antifreeze and Motor Oil Indy 300 in Joliet, Illinois, on Saturday August 29, 2009. SFR is currently running an abbreviated IndyCar Series schedule, which includes six SuperSpeedway events, with backing from Dollar General stores.

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:02 am

FISHER FINALLY 'BACKED UP' WITH NEW RACECAR
SFR's Sarah Fisher Presented With A Backup Car by Hartman Oil

INDIANAPOLIS Aug 17, 2009 Sarah Fisher has constantly reinvented and reinterpreted motor racing from the start of her career; most often, without a backup car at her disposal. For only the second time in her career, Fisher will now have a backup car in the transporter. This means that Fisher can now leave the mental drag of worrying about damaging her primary racecar behind.

During a surprise press announcement Monday, Fisher was presented with a backup car from one of her sponsor partners, Wink and Libba Hartman of Hartman Oil, during a ceremony at her Sarah Fisher Racing (SFR) headquarters.

Fisher entered her race shop like any other day after spending the morning with her trainer. When she walked in the door she was quickly blindfolded and led into the race shop she co-founded with her father- in-law John O'Gara and husband Andy O'Gara. Hartman removed the blindfold and presented Fisher with her No. 67t car with a flutter of emotion for the four-time Most Popular Driver, in front of a crowd of family, friends and Indianapolis media, all gathered to see her reaction to the news.

"Oh, my gosh! I'm absolutely shocked," said Fisher, through tears of joy. "I just got a brand new car; I felt like I was on the 'Price is Right'."

Hartman Oil joined SFR in May 2008 during the turmoil of losing the team's primary sponsor, serving as a white knight in what was an otherwise a disastrous month for the newest IndyCar Series team.

"I'm so excited to surprise Sarah," said Hartman, who flew in from Wichita, Kan., for the surprise event. "Libba and I are so honored to be a part of this team; we feel like they are our second family. Once you meet Sarah Fisher not only is she an excellent racecar driver and team owner, but also she's a great person that is very unique. It's people like Sarah that make the world great."

SFR announced plans to join the IndyCar Series in February 2008 with a schedule that included three events: Indianapolis 500, Kentucky and Chicago. After losing their primary sponsor for the Indianapolis 500, Fisher's fan base launched a grassroots gorilla marketing campaign to garner funding for her car, totaling more than $50,000. Along with backing from her fan base, SFR racked up sponsorships from a number of corporate partners including a Hollywood power couple, Everybody Loves Raymond's Patricia Heaton and actor David Hunt.

Fisher was crashed from the Indy 500 field that year on Lap 106, ending what most believed to be the existence of the IndyCar Series only female owner/driver team. SFR emerged nearly a month later with backing from Dollar General, the largest discount retailer in the U.S. by number of stores, to allow SFR to compete at Kentucky and Chicago to round out the team's first year of business.

The team returned in 2009 with initial backing to compete in four IndyCar Series events, and later Dollar General added two more events to Fisher's 2009 plans, giving the team 100 percent growth in its second year of business.

For Fisher to finally have a backup car is a huge step for one of the smallest IndyCar Series teams and another notch on the belt of the youngest team owner in the paddock.

Fisher's current primary car, which is seven years old and the oldest in the Series, will be raced for the final time as the primary car at ChicagoLand Speedway for the Peak Motor Oil & Antifreeze Indy 300 on Aug. 29. Her new back up car is a 2009 Dallara and is car No. 2 from Dallara Italy. Andretti Green Racing's Tony Kanaan took delivery of the first chassis and finished third with it at Kentucky Speedway earlier this month. SFR hopes to bring the backup car into the fold as the primary car at Homestead-Miami Speedway for the season-ending race in October, perhaps with a top- five of their own at a track that holds Fisher's best IndyCar Series finish of second.

"To have a spare car, it means we can be more aggressive and be able to put it on the line even more," continued Fisher. "Imagine what we'll do now."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:28 am

SFR's Fisher Will Race In The PEAK Antifreeze & Motor Oil Indy 300 Saturday Night

INDIANAPOLIS Aug. 26, 2009 Sarah Fisher Racing's (SFR) Sarah Fisher will return to Chicagoland Speedway to make her 7th start at the track on Aug. 29. This weekend's event will mark a significant milestone for the team, as it will be the last time Fisher will race her current car as the team's primary. Fisher was surprised with a backup car last week by one of her sponsors, Hartman Oil, and will be using the new car as the primary, starting with the IndyCar Series' season finale at Homestead-Miami Speedway on Oct. 10.

Fisher has been focusing her attention on the Chicago race since her last race at Kentucky Speedway in early Aug. Immediately following the race, Fisher jetted to the windy city for a pre-race media tour. The team hopes to leverage momentum from the Kentucky race to put a good finish on the books in Chicago.

"We climbed 10 spots during the Kentucky race," said Fisher, who won the Firestone Tire-ific Move of the Race Award for her efforts. "We raced 11th quick in practice before the race, so just imagine what kind of finish we would have ended up with, had we been able to qualify. Running an abbreviated schedule is a major disadvantage when race placement is based on points earned throughout the season. I'm excited to showcase our great night package in Chicago, so I really hope we get our chance to qualify before the race."

Fisher's abbreviated 2009 schedule is twice the season the small team had a year ago. After the loss of her primary sponsor right before the Indy 500 last year, Dollar General swooped in to pick up the small team for two races; Chicago being one of them. The return to Chicagoland Speedway marks a significant year of growth for the sophomore team and the lasting relationship it has built with its sponsor. Dollar General returned for a six-race schedule in 2009 and their partnership with the 'little race team that could' SFR, continues to gain momentum.

"I'm sure there were a lot of people that didn't think we'd make it after last season," said Fisher, the youngest team owner in the IndyCar Series. "We had the odds stacked against us, but we invested everything to start this team and we persevered and now look at us. Dollar General has become like family to us and they have helped us grow our small team and beat the odds. Now we're able to boast a 100 percent growth this season and, in this economy, that's something to be proud of."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:53 am

Rain Doesn't Stop Fisher From Coming Out Squeaky Clean During Qualifications..............SFR's Fisher Qualifies 19th at Chicagoland Speedway with New Sponsor, SpongeTech.com

JOLIET, IL Aug 28, 2009 Sarah Fisher Racing's (SFR) Sarah Fisher qualified for her 7th start at Chicagoland Speedway in Joliet, Ill. today, under a cloudy sky and scattered showers. The four-time 'Most Popular Driver' winner will race her No. 67 Dollar General car in tomorrow's Indy 300. Fisher will be racing with a new associate sponsor, SpongeTech.com, who joined SFR for the weekend race.

"I can't wait for tomorrow," said Fisher. "This is a small team and we keep building and coming back with newer and better things. We don't have all of the things we need for a good qualifying run right now, but it's good enough to get in the race tomorrow. Right now we're just going to do our homework and we'll keep working."

Fisher has been working hard for a cause, as well. She's been in the headlines recently for her partnership with Susan G. Komen for the Cure®. The driver of the yellow Dollar General car will be turning all of her branding to pink for the Oct. race to raise awareness and support for breast cancer research. She announced her pink initiative before this weekend's event.

With her abbreviated schedule this season, Chicago will be Fisher's first race since her run at Kentucky Speedway on Aug. 1. Because her schedule is limited, Fisher did not have the points needed to start from a good position when the rain kept the drivers from qualifying. Even with the handicap of starting from the back, Fisher climbed 10 spots in the race, earning her the Firestone 'Tire-ific Move of the Race Award' for passing the most cars.

"We saw what this car could do in Kentucky and my team is confident that we've got a great shot tomorrow," said Fisher. "I'm excited to showcase our great night package here in Chicago."

The race will take place tomorrow at 9 p.m. and will be shown live on the Versus Network.

With a new sponsor in tow and the ability to ride the wave of the buzz around Fisher and her upcoming projects, the outlook is good for this small team in tomorrow's race; even if the weather forecast isn't.

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:00 am

FISHER BEATS THE COLD BY CLIMBING FIVE SPOTS AT CHICAGO
SFR's Fisher Finishes Five Places Above Starting Position In Tonight's Race

JOLIET, IL Aug 29, 2009 Sarah Fisher Racing's (SFR) Sarah Fisher finished in the 14th position under the stars at Chicagoland Speedway tonight, after beginning the race in the 19th spot. It was a chilly night at Chicagoland Speedway in Joliet, Ill., as Fisher raced her No. 67 Dollar General car across the finish line, with new sponsor SpongeTech.com.

Tonight's race marked a significant event for the driver/owner of SFR, as it was the last time she would drive her machine as the primary car. Fisher was recently surprised by one of her associate sponsors, Hartman Oil, with a new backup car this month. The new, lighter car will become the team's primary and will debut at Homestead-Miami Speedway at the IndyCar Series' season finale race in October.

The new car will not look exactly like Fisher's current one, as the new car will be sporting a fresh coat of pink for the race. SFR has partnered with Susan G. Komen for the Cure ® to turn all of her branding to pink for the Miami race to raise awareness and funds for breast cancer research. This project features a number of initiatives to bring attention to breast cancer, including a contest by SFR for Fisher's fans to design her pink helmet to match the pink firesuit she will be wearing at the race.

Before she turns pink, however, Fisher was a flash of yellow in tonight's race at Chicagoland. Her car made a significant final showing as her primary car by climbing five places during tonight's race and putting another strong finish on the books for the growing team.

"It was a good race," said Fisher. "We didn't have to tools for a good qualification, so we had to start from the back, but we were able to take over a few positions. In practice yesterday, our major handicap was our engine. It leaked and we had to have it replaced right before the race."

Despite troubles, the team put another top 15 finish on their record as they prepare to 'Go Pink.'

SFR will close out their 2009 schedule under the lights at Homestead-Miami Speedway on Oct. 10.

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:58 am

FISHER TAKES NEW CAR FOR A SPIN DURING MIAMI PRIVATE TEST
Fisher Tests Her New Wheels at Homestead-Miami Speedway

HOMESTEAD, FL Sep 30, 2009 Sarah Fisher, of IndyCar Series team, Sarah Fisher Racing (SFR) spent the day in Miami; testing her new Honda powered Dallara. The driver recently received the brand new backup car in a surprise unveiling from associate sponsor, Hartman Oil, and will now drive the vehicle as her primary racecar in the upcoming race at Homestead-Miami Speedway (HMS) next month.

Usually a flash of Dollar General yellow, Fisher left a trail of pink as she sped by on her first lap around HMS on Wednesday afternoon after a slight delay due to inclement weather. The four-time voted Most Popular Driver has painted her car pink, along with the rest of her branding, for the season finale race on Oct. 10. Fisher's team has partnered with Susan G. Komen for the Cure® to bring attention to National Breast Cancer Awareness month. This multi-faceted initiative by SFR includes an A-List party at South Beach's famous LIV Nightclub, a contest to design Fisher's official helmet for the race, along with an auction of Fisher's pink race gear to raise money for breast cancer research.

"The new car is amazing," said Fisher, who turned 66 laps during today's test. "I couldn't believe it when the Hartmans came and surprised me with it. I had to watch it on YouTube ten times before I realized it was real. I used to have the heaviest car on the field, so now I think this new, lighter car is going to give everyone a run for their money. A fresh coat of paint can't hurt, either."

"Dollar General has really jumped in, feet first, to this pink project with Komen," said Fisher. "They are always so supportive in everything we do, but all the work they are doing to help raise money for breast cancer is amazing. Getting to drive my pink Dollar General car around today is really getting me excited for all of the things we have going on for the race. It was fun testing today, but it's going to be really fun driving this car in front of the fans!"

Testing with Fisher were fellow IndyCar Series drivers Tony Kanaan, Danica Patrick, Justin Wilson, Raphael Matos, Alex Lloyd and Mario Moraes. Fisher will wrap her two-day private test Thursday at HSM before returning for the last race of the 2009 IndyCar Series season on Sat., Oct. 10, for the Firestone Indy 300 which will be carried on the VERSUS network at 4:00 EDT.

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:58 am

FISHER CONTINUES PINK TEST IN MIAMI TO OPEN NATIONAL BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH
Fisher Wraps Two-Day Test at Homestead-Miami Speedway Thursday

HOMESTEAD, FL Oct 01, 2009 It's only fitting that Sarah Fisher of Sarah Fisher Racing (SFR) would be in her new 'pink' Dollar General-sponsored racecar to open October's National Breast Cancer Awareness month today in preparation the Oct. 10 race at Homestead-Miami Speedway (HMS). Fisher wrapped a two-day private test Thursday after battling rain for much of the test.

"Rain can really put a hamper on your test plan and strategy," said Fisher, who put 42 laps on the books during her test session today. "Lucky for me, I have great people in place who can be flexile at the drop of a hat and make the best of the time we have available to us. All the guys put in 110 percent effort over the past two days and I'm really proud of everyone. We really took advantage of every opportunity to make the changes that would otherwise not been possible on a race weekend, given the limited amount of practice time. We would be very far behind had we not been able to test here in Miami."

While Fisher had the company of six other IndyCar Series drivers at Wednesday's test, Thursday's included just one other driver, KV Racing's Mario Moraes. With the track being less busy, SFR was able to work on qualifying trim to make a run for the Oct. 9 Peak Performance Pole Award.

"The car itself is very fast, smooth and nimble," added Fisher. "We are at a point of fine-tuning and have the upmost confidence we can achieve all that a week from Friday. The times we put in should be significant in comparison to where we've been qualifying this year."

Fisher stated that much of the testing time was determining the tendencies of the new car and finalizing car fit.

"We made gains constantly and to have a work list where you only throw out one to two items means you've thought a lot about what you want to try and invested the time in the significance of each item," said Fisher.

While Fisher will attempt to match her career-best IndyCar Series finish of second, a finish she achieved at HMS back in 2001, she says they still have a little work to do before the race weekend to put her pink Susan G. Komen for the Cure® pink car on the podium.

"At the end of every test, you have ideas for the next time you roll off the truck," said Fisher. "We are fortunate that the ideas we have left fit within the time frame of practice sessions allowed for the race weekend."

Fisher returns to Miami next week for her Thur., Oct 8, fundraising party at LIV Nightclub, located in the newly renovated Fontainebleau Resort on Miami's South Beach. Fisher will co-host an event for Komen for the Cure with Danny Wood of the recently reunited New Kids On the Block. Tickets are available online for $30 at www.wantickets.com/EventDetail.aspx? e_id=75500 and for $35 at the door. For table reservations, please call 305.674.4680. All proceeds from ticket sales to the event will benefit Komen for the Cure to fund breast cancer research and community outreach programs. The event opens at 10:00 p.m. EDT with the pink carpet.

At the Oct. 10 HMS race, Fisher will debut a new No. 67 Dollar General car, a surprise gift from one of the team's associate sponsors, Hartman Oil.

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:37 am

FISHER TO PAINT THE SUNSHINE STATE PINK AT HOMESTEAD-MIAMI SPEEDWAY

SFR's Sarah Fisher Heads to Miami to get "On Track for a Cause" with Susan G. Komen for the Cure®

HOMESTEAD, FL Oct 08, 2009 Sarah Fisher, of Sarah Fisher Racing (SFR), brought a pink attitude to Florida today in preparation for the Firestone Indy 300 at Homestead-Miami Speedway (HMS) on Oct. 10. In partnership with primary sponsor Dollar General, Fisher is turning all of her branding pink for the season finale race to raise awareness and funds for Susan G. Komen for the Cure®. It will be Fisher's first start at HMS since 2007.

Fisher's car, usually a vision in Dollar General yellow, has a fresh coat of Komen pink for the event. Under the paint, Fisher will be showcasing a new, lighter, Honda- powered Dallara for the race. Fisher received the new backup car in a surprise unveiling from associate sponsor, Hartman Oil, last August.

Fisher had a chance to take her new car for a spin around HMS at a private test last week, where she turned over 100 Laps, between bouts of inclement weather.

"The new car runs great," said four-time voted 'Most Popular Driver' Fisher. "I used to have the heaviest car on the field, so this test really showed us what we could do with a lighter chassis. My fantastic crew wasn't hindered by the weather at all. We were ready to jump in and adjust when the weather allowed, and we made some major headway to prepare for the race. I can't wait to show this new car to the fans on Saturday."

This weekend will mark Fisher's third start at HMS. Her best finish at the track was in 2001, when she took home second place and inspired A. J. Foyt to radio his driver, Eliseo Salazar, "You just got passed by a girl." For her return to the track, Fisher brings a worthy cause and 100 fans from a Komen for the Cure event that accepted personal invitations from Fisher to attend the race.

"Yesterday we gave tickets to the race to local Komen for the Cure supporters," said Fisher. "TGI Fridays® hosted the giveaway at their Coral Gables location to give these amazing individuals the chance to see our pink initiative for themselves at this weekend's race. I brought my 2-seater and gave rides to anyone who came and made a donation to Komen for the Cure. I can't wait to get 'On Track for the Cause' in my Dollar General Honda on Saturday and see all of my new friends there."

For fans who couldn't make the event, Dollar General is making a commemorative hat available for sale on their website at www.dollargeneral.com. Proceeds from the sale of hats benefit Komen for the Cure. Purchasers of the limited edition hat will also receive a special pink hero card, autographed by Fisher, at no additional cost.

Fisher announced Tuesday she was holding an auction of her "pink" gear in an online auction that will be held on eBay's philanthropic website, Mission Fish. One hundred percent of proceeds from the sale of her items will benefit breast cancer research. Fans can bid on items on eBay's Mission Fish beginning today through Monday, Oct. 12, 2009.