mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:36 am

Richmond: Dreyer & Reinbold Racing qualifying report
Racing series INDYCAR
Date 2009-06-26

Dreyer & Reinbold Racing Continues Momentum in Richmond

Richmond, Virginia (June 26, 2009) - Dreyer & Reinbold Racing continued their momentum from last weekend into today's qualifying session for the Suntrust Indy Challenge in Richmond, Virginia. The team's drivers, Tomas Scheckter (No. 23 MonaVie) and Mike Conway (No. 24 Dreyer & Reinbold Racing), qualified 9th and 11th respectively.

Scheckter kept motoring along as he worked diligently to find the right speed for today's session. After coming off of a strong result last weekend with a sixth place result, he carried that into qualifying as he clocked a total lap time of 1:05.6769 (164.441 mph), securing a ninth place starting position for tomorrow's race. The South African will make his seventh appearance at the 0.75 D-shaped track. Scheckter competed for the first time at Richmond International Raceway in 2002. He has had two top-five and two top-ten finishes at the famed short-track oval.

Today marks Englishman Mike Conway's first time to compete at Richmond International Raceway. He was quick throughout practice with a solid time of 1:05.8017 (164.129 mph). The rookie will start 11th on the grid. The Brit continues to gain confidence and looks forward to the race tomorrow.

Dreyer & Reinbold Racing will be on track at 8:45 p.m. ET for the Suntrust Indy Challenge, which will be live on VERSUS.

What they had to say--

Tomas Scheckter, No. 23 MonaVie: "The MonaVie crew did a great a job in getting the car straight out of the box. It was very quick in the first session and we managed to get fifth. We missed the setup a little bit in qualifying, but to be solidly in the top ten, the guys did a great job. We are going to carry on working on it and continue on the momentum we had in Iowa and hopefully get a good result for the team and MonaVie."

Mike Conway, No. 24 Dreyer & Reinbold Racing: "Our session went okay. I lost too much time on the first lap and I'm a little disappointed I didn't get my first lap done properly. I think we have a good car for the race tomorrow. We will work on perfecting it tonight during the practice session."

Dennis Reinbold, co-owner Dreyer & Reinbold Racing: During practice we had pretty good cars and the sessions went fairly well. We found some things that gave us a little more speed. We ended up qualifying 9th and 11th today and we are a little disappointed in that. We thought that we could have been a little bit higher on the grid, but I think both cars are going to be really solid for tomorrow night's race. Our plan is to back up our good finishes in Iowa with even better ones for this weekend. Richmond is a tough track and a lot can happen here, so hopefully we can have a good, smooth run and bring it home in first."
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:04 am

Dreyer & Reinbold Racing Had Ups and Downs in Richmond

Richmond, Virginia (June 27, 2009) -- The Suntrust Indy Challenge was filled with ups and downs for Dreyer & Reinbold Racing in Richmond, Virginia today. The team's drivers, Tomas Scheckter (No. 23 MonaVie) and Mike Conway (No. 24 Dreyer & Reinbold Racing), finished 11th and 18th respectively.

As the green flag dropped, both drivers had a strong start. Scheckter and Conway stayed out of trouble as the yellow flag came out on the first lap. The South African went from 9th to 10th position on the restart. His teammate, Conway, dropped three spots going from 11th to 14th, but both drivers hung in there and ran a consistent race. On lap 29, Conway and Scheckter came in to pit for fuel and tires and had a good stop.

From that point on, it was smooth sailing for the duo. Unfortunately, things started to turn the other direction for Dreyer & Reinbold Racing after the second stop. After running 13th for a majority of the race, Conway came in on lap 133, had a quick, good stop and, on lap 135, was racing side by side with Ed Carpenter. As he was running on the outside of Carpenter, he went too high, was caught up in the marbles on the straightaway and touched the wall as a result. It ended the Brit\"s debut performance early at Richmond International Raceway as he finished with an 18th position.

It was track position and traffic that held Scheckter back. The MonaVie car ran a solid race, but Scheckter had to pit under green on lap 134 and, as a result, went a lap down. The veteran driver just kept his nose to the grindstone and brought the No.23 MonaVie car home to an 11th place finish.

Dreyer & Reinbold Racing heads back to Indianapolis as they will have two days to prepare the cars before heading to Watkins Glen.

What they had to say--

Tomas Scheckter, No. 23 MonaVie: "It was not as good of a day here in Richmond for the MonaVie crew as it was for us in Iowa. I didn't get as many people at the start as I wanted to. It was all about track position. I got stuck behind Marco Andretti and another car and that set us back a little bit, because it's all about track position at this track. The MonaVie crew did a great job with the pit stops. We really seemed to improve, and I just want to thank everybody. This is something that we can build off of and carry on into the next race."

Mike Conway, No. 24 Dreyer & Reinbold Racing: "I caught the marbles and that was it. The guys did a great job on the No.24 car, and it's a shame I couldn't bring it home. Watkins Glen is right around the corner next weekend and I feel confident we will have a good result there.:

Dennis Reinbold, co-owner Dreyer & Reinbold Racing: "It wasn't the best day for us at Dreyer & Reinbold Racing. We had pretty good race cars, but the field strung out quite far. Since there weren't many yellows and we didn't catch them right way, we went a lap down with a green flag pit stop. The leaders stayed out and caught a break with the yellow two times in a row. We fell back and couldn't do too much about it. Not a lot of passing was going on. It was tough racing out there, you just had to hang on to your position and fight for it. Mike got up into the marbles as he tried to make a pass on a slower car, but he slightly brushed the wall, which unfortunately ended our day.

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:45 am

Dreyer & Reinbold Racing Ready to Continue Their Success at Watkins Glen

Watkins Glen, NY (July 2, 2009)- Dreyer & Reinbold Racing is eager to get back on a road course and continue their success at the famous Watkins Glen International Raceway. This will mark the team's fifth time to compete at the 3.37 mile circuit and who better to do it with than road racing pro, Mike Conway, who will pilot the No. 24 Dad's Root Beer machine and Milka Duno will get behind the wheel of the No. 23 CITGO car.

The team feels extra prepared this weekend because they had the opportunity to test at Watkins Glen International Raceway the beginning of June with Mike Conway, Milka Duno and Tomas Scheckter. The trio had a very successful test. The famed road course has been good to DRR for the past three years. They have had one car in the top six in each of the last three races at the track. In 2006, Ryan Briscoe gave the team their first podium with a third place finish.

After a tough weekend in Richmond, Conway is ready to get back to his racing roots and turn his luck around. The 26 year-old had his first taste of the track when he tested a couple of weeks ago. It was an impressive run for Conway as he recorded a time 7/10ths off the pole time from last year's IndyCar event.

Returning to the track this weekend is Venezuelan driver, Milka Duno, who will be driving the No. 23 CITGO machine. Duno will make her second appearance at Watkins Glen where she started 25th and finished 20th last year. In preparation for this event, earlier this the week, Duno flew to Boston to practice in the iRacing simulator, where she took the opportunity to perfect her game at the Watkins Glen circuit.

Dreyer & Reinbold Racing will be on track this weekend for the ninth round of the IndyCar Series in Watkins Glen, New York. The Camping World Grand Prix at the Glen will be live on ABC.

What they have to say--

Mike Conway, No. 24 Dad's Root Beer: "Coming off of the ovals its always nice to get back on a good road course circuit. Watkins Glen is a good one to get back on. It has all of the combinations of slow and fast corners, so I'm really looking forward to it. We had a good test there, but I had the opportunity to learn the circuit ahead of time. I can't wait to get back. It should be a good weekend for us. We need to get some good points so hopefully we can get a good result."

Larry Curry, Director of Competition for Dreyer & Reinbold Racing: "We are really looking forward to the Watkins Glen race this weekend with Mike Conway and Milka Duno. We went there and tested right after Texas and had a great test. Mike was within half a second of what the pole time was a year ago and Milka was 2.1 seconds faster than what she had qualified last year. It was a very solid test and we are going back and unloading with a very similar package. We have some things in the works that should take the cars to the next level."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:57 pm

Dreyer & Reinbold Racing Qualifies in the Top Ten at Watkins Glen

Watkins Glen, NY (July 4, 2009) - Dreyer & Reinbold Racing proved that they were ready to continue their success at Watkins Glen as they qualified in the top ten for tomorrow's race. Mike Conway, pilot of the No.24 Dad's Root Beer machine qualified seventh for the Camping World Grand Prix at the Glen, marking the second time the team has qualified in the top ten at the 3.37 mile road course. His teammate, Milka Duno, pilot of the No.23 CITGO car, will start 19th for tomorrow's event.

The day got off to a rocky start for Dreyer & Reinbold Racing when Conway and Duno both had accidents in the morning practice session. Both drivers made contact in turn eight, but at separate times. As a result, their track time was shortened.

Luckily, things started to turn around for the duo. Duno was in the first group and unfortunately did not advance to the next session, but she did improve her qualifying time by two-and-a-half seconds from last year. The Venezuelan clocked a time of 1:33.68 (129.5 mph) and will start 19th on the grid.

Conway showed that he was ready to get back to his racing roots. Despite missing most of the practice session, the Brit came on strong during qualifying. Fortunately, Conway had the opportunity to test at the famous road course several weeks ago. As a result, the 26 year-old battled his way through the sessions, and was nudged out of the fast six in the very end. Conway recorded a time of 1:29.17 (136.0 mph), giving him a 7th place starting position. This also marks his best qualifying result of the season.

Dreyer & Reinbold Racing is thoroughly prepared for tomorrow's race. The famed road course has been good to DRR for the past three years. They have had one car in the top six in each of the last three races at the track. In 2006, Ryan Briscoe gave the team their first podium with a third place finish. DRR is ready to continue their success for the ninth round of the IndyCar Series in Watkins Glen, New York. The Camping World Grand Prix at the Glen will be live on ABC.

What they have to say--

Mike Conway, No. 24 Dad's Root Beer: "I'm disappointed that we didn't make it into the top six. We were really close, we just needed half a tenth. Not running this morning really hindered us from being able to learn what the car was doing and how it handles on new tires. When we went out on qualifying, it was a bit unknown and we didn't have much time to change things. If we had the time this morning, I think we would have been quicker. Overall, it was our best qualifying of the season and I have to thank the guys."

Milka Dunio, No.23 CITGO: "I think we had a very good qualifying. We are improving every session and this is when we have to check our progress. I hope to have the same good car and I'm certain that I will. We just need to concentrate on the race and I feel confident for tomorrow."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:57 pm

Sixth Place Result for Dreyer & Reinbold Racing at Watkins Glen

Watkins Glen, New York (July 5, 2009)- A weekend at a road course was just what the doctor ordered for Dreyer & Reinbold Racing as their success at Watkins Glen International Raceway continued. Mike Conway, driver of the No. 24 Dad's Root Beer machine, finished in the top ten in Watkins Glen, New York today with a sixth place finish, while his teammate Milka Duno came home in 17th position.

The 3.37 mile circuit has been good to DRR for the past three years. They have had one car in the top six in each of the last three races at the track. This year's Camping World Grand Prix at the Glen will mark four years in the top six with Conway's result. In 2006, Ryan Briscoe gave the team their first podium with a third place finish.

As the green flag dropped, both drivers had a flawless start. Conway showed that he was ready to prove the point he was unable to at the two road and street course events earlier this season. The Brit went from 6th to 5th position in the first lap and continued to climb as the race progressed, running second for most of the time. With near perfect pit stops, Conway drove a good, consistent race. Unfortunately, on the last stop he dropped to fifth position, but ran strong. As the race came to an end he had some issues with the balance and on the last lap was passed by Marco Andretti, giving him a sixth place result. This event marks Conway's best qualifying and finish of the season.

The morning started out a little rocky for Duno. During the morning warm-up she was at the end of her tire life and went to mixture one. At that point she went too aggressively back into the throttle and lost control of the car, making contact with the wall. Luckily her luck turned around. The No.23 crew worked diligently to get her car back in race condition. As Duno continues to gain experience on the road courses, she drove a solid race, had great pit stops and brought the CITGO car home in 17th place. Duno will return to the No.23 car in Kentucky.

Dreyer & Reinbold Racing heads to Toronto for the Honda Indy Toronto. The race will take place on July 12 and will be live on ABC.

What they had to say--

Milka Duno, #23 CITGO: "First I have to say thank you to the team, because after what happened in the warm-up this morning, they worked so hard for two hours to give me a good car for the race. We continue to improve and we will see next race."

Mike Conway, #24 Dad's Root Beer: "It was a great result for everybody. We ran strong all day. It was a shame that we couldn't quite get the result in the end. It was a case of me coming out of the box and I lost a couple of seconds and gave me the gap to Justin Wilson and everyone came in between us. We were running top five and saving fuel. I struggled with the balance in the end, but we still brought the Dad's Root Beer car home in sixth place. I just have to thank the Dad's Root Beer crew, they did a great job all weekend and I'm looking forward to Toronto."

Dennis Reinbold, Dreyer & Reinbold Racing co-owner: "Today was a good day. We ended up in sixth place. We are disappointed in that, because we wanted to hold onto fifth. We struggled with the balance and Mike had to hang on in the end. As a result he lost a spot on the last lap. It's not his fault. It's just something that didn't work out to our advantage. Overall we had a good solid race. We had good pit stops and we will take the points and use that to our advantage in Toronto."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:12 am

Toronto: Dreyer & Reinbold Racing preview

Dreyer Reinbold Racing Ready to Hit the Streets of Toronto

Indianapolis, IN (July 8, 2009)- Dreyer & Reinbold Racing kicked off their return to road/street courses in style. The team is eager to get back on track and show everyone what they accomplished in Watkins Glen last weekend. This will mark Dreyer & Reinbold Racing's first time to the streets of Toronto, and who better to do it with than two road racing
pros, Mike Conway who will pilot the No. 24 Valspar machine and Tomas Scheckter who will get behind the wheel of the No. 23 MonaVie car.

Watkins Glen turned out to be a groundbreaking performance for Conway. The Brit went from 6th to 5th position in the first lap and continued to climb as the race progressed, running second for most of the time. With near perfect pit stops, Conway drove a good, consistent race. Unfortunately, on the last stop he dropped to fifth position, but ran strong. As the race came to an end, he had some issues with the balance and on the last lap was passed by Marco Andretti, giving him a sixth place result. This event marks Conway's best qualifying and finish of the season.

This weekend will not only mark Conway's first time to the Toronto circuit, but he will also be running the No. 24 Valspar car this weekend for the first time this season. The Valspar Corporation is one of the largest global coatings manufacturers in the world, providing coatings and coating intermediates to a wide variety of customers. Since 1806, Valspar has been dedicated to bringing customers the latest innovations, the finest quality, and the best customer service in the coatings industry.

Returning to the No. 23 car this weekend will be South African Tomas Scheckter. With four solid runs for Dreyer & Reinbold Racing under his belt, Scheckter is ready to visit Toronto for the first time. This will be his first road/street course of the season with DRR. Scheckter feels fully prepared as he had the opportunity to have a break, relax, train and learn as he watched the team's success at Watkins Glen International Raceway.

Dreyer & Reinbold will be on track this weekend for the Honda Indy Toronto. The race will take place on July 12 and will be live on ABC.

What they have to say--

Mike Conway, No. 24 Valspar: "I can't wait to get to Toronto. It's a street track, the ones that I like. It's always a good challenge going to a new circuit and learning new things. We are coming off of a good weekend and a good result. We just want to keep that going. Both of us are going to make sure we get the car improved again and get some good results."

Tomas Scheckter, No. 23 MonaVie: "I'm really looking forward to it. This will be my first time to Toronto. I really enjoy street tracks and with the great performance that Mike had at Watkins Glen and the overall program of the team is getting better. I can't wait to get the MonaVie car back out on track and to get back in the car and learn as much as I can."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:21 am

Dreyer & Reinbold Racing Off to a Good Start for Practice in Toronto

Toronto, Ontario, Canada (July 10, 2009)- Today was a good start to the weekend for Dreyer & Reinbold Racing as they had strong runs in both practice sessions for the Honda Indy Toronto. The team's hard work in Watkins Glen last weekend paid off as both cars ran in the top twelve most of the day.

Englishman, Mike Conway showed his speed right off the bat. Coming off a solid weekend in Watkins last weekend, the 26 year-old proved that he was a road racing pro as he ran second most of the race and, due to balance issues, finished sixth, his best result of the season. The rookie is making his first appearance at the 1.75 mile street course as he finished 14th (1:03.0203) in the first session and 11th in the second session (1:02.1916).

Tomas Scheckter had a good solid day in practice. After a weekend off, the South African is fully prepared for his first visit to the Toronto circuit. He is ready to get the car setup right for qualifying and the race. Scheckter was 19th (1:04.1912) fastest in the first session and 12th (1:02.3048) quickest in the second session.

The Indianapolis based squad will be on track for tomorrow's practice at 9:40 a.m. ET and then again at 2:05 p.m. ET for qualifying of the Honda Indy Toronto.

What they have to say--

Mike Conway, No. 24 Valspar: "The session was okay for us. The two runs we had in session one and two were alright. We basically have been improving the car over the last two runs. I'm still happy with what we learned from the car. We still have more to improve and I think we will be fine. There are things we still need to find to be quicker and to put us in the top six. At the moment, we are nearly around the mark and with all the sectors added together, we are at P7. Really, we should be trying to break into the fast six for tomorrow's qualifying. As long as we get some good things changed overnight, which looks like we are going to, then we should be in good shape for tomorrow's session."

Tomas Scheckter, No. 23 MonaVie: "It's been good. For a year now I have been off road courses and everyone is fresh after Watkins Glen. There are a lot of people that have done a lot of laps around here so to be 12th here, I'm really happy. We still have some work to do, but the MonaVie crew has done a great job. We are going to keep working hard at it and be as competitive as we can be tomorrow. The track is very demanding and there were a couple of times down the back straight when my foot was lifting off of the throttle just going in a straight line because it was so bumpy, but I'm enjoying my time here."

Dennis Reinbold, co-owner Dreyer & Reinbold Racing: "This is our first time as a team here at Toronto, as well as for Mike Conway and Tomas Scheckter. As we talked after the practice session, we did about fifty laps for each car, which are the only laps of experience that we have on this track. So to be where we are with 11th and 12th place with speed, we are pretty happy with that. We opted to save our sticker set of tires in the end which as the yellow came out, that worked in our favor. I think we have a lot to gain tomorrow. The track keeps getting quicker, the adjustments we are making seem to be working and our drivers are going faster, so it's a good thing."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:21 am

Dreyer & Reinbold Racing Qualifies Sixth for the Honda Indy Toronto

Toronto, Ontario, Canada (July 11, 2009) - Dreyer & Reinbold Racing proved that they were ready to continue their success on road/street courses as they qualified in the top ten for tomorrow's race. Mike Conway, pilot of the No.24 Valspar machine, qualified sixth for the Honda Indy Toronto, marking the first time the team has qualified at the 1.75 mile track and in the fast six. His teammate, Tomas Scheckter, pilot of the No.23 MonaVie car, will start 14th for tomorrow's event.

Conway continued to show his blistering speed today. Despite missing the morning practice session due to the weather, that didn't hold the Brit back as he came on strong during qualifying. Conway made his first qualifying attempt at the Toronto circuit a memorable one as he battled his way through the sessions and made it to his first fast six. The rookie recorded a time of 1:02.0090 (101.888 mph), giving him a 6th place starting position. This also marks his best qualifying result of the season.

Tomas Scheckter had a good solid day in qualifying. After a year of not competing on a road/street course, the South African had a pretty impressive run in qualifying. As he diligently worked to make it into the fast twelve, he was barely nudged out in the end. Scheckter will start 14th (1:01.8681, 102.120 mph) on the grid for tomorrow's race.

The Indianapolis based squad will be on track for tomorrow's warm-up at 9:00 a.m. ET and then again at 1:00 p.m. ET for the Honda Indy Toronto.

What they have to say--

Mike Conway, No. 24 Valspar: "I'm pretty disappointed really. We were in the top six and that's good, but I thought that we would have been able to stay at least fourth or something. We just didn't have the grip in the end. The Valspar crew did a great job all weekend. Overall it was a good result for us today and we need to have a strong race tomorrow."

Tomas Scheckter, No.23 MonaVie: "We didn't make it into the fast six, but luckily we will have an extra set of "red" Firestone Alternate tires for the race tomorrow. I just have to thank everyone at Dreyer & Reinbold Racing and MonaVie. The car was pretty good and we were so close with the times. We didn't have a perfect qualifying, because there were some silly things going on coming out of the pits and I wasn't able to get into a rhythm. I managed to get a decent last lap, but I should have put one in a lot earlier that was better. I'm just rooting my teammate on and we will continue working on it and see what we have for tomorrow."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:56 pm

Dreyer & Reinbold Racing Endures Plenty of Track Action at the Honda Indy Toronto

Toronto, Ontario, Canada (July 12, 2009) -- Dreyer & Reinbold Racing endured plenty of action during the Honda Indy Toronto. The team and drivers made their debut performance at the 1.75 mile street course. Unfortunately, it did not turn out the way the Dreyer & Reinbold Racing drivers, Mike Conway (No. 24 Valspar) and Tomas Scheckter (No.23 MonaVie), had hoped.

Conway showed that he had blistering speed during qualifying and started 6th, marking the first time he has made it into the fast six as well as making it his best qualifying result of the season. The Brit got off to a great start gaining a position right off of the bat. He continued to move up the grid and had solid pit stops on laps 8 and 31. Unfortunately, on lap 33, Conway's luck changed when he made contact with the outside retaining wall in turn seven while battling Tracy for ninth place. He was able to drive the car back to pit lane, but his car sustained considerable damage to the differential and he was unable to get back out.

It was a similar story for Conway's teammate, Scheckter. The South African made his debut to the Toronto circuit and had a very promising start. On the first lap, the veteran driver went from 14th position to 11th place. He managed to work his way up and, at one point, was running in first position. Scheckter had impressive pit stops on laps 10 and 41. However, things started to turn for him on lap 75 when he made contact with Mario Moraes and Alex Tagliani, which ended his day early.

The Indianapolis based squad will head back home to Indianapolis for a weekend off. The team will hit the pavement on July 26th for the Rexall Edmonton Indy.

What they have to say--

Mike Conway, No. 24 Valspar: "We were running strong and the pace was pretty good. It felt easy to stay with the guys in front of me. I also had a good in and out lap and managed to pull ahead of Dario Franchitti and Scott Dixon, and gained some spots. I made a little mistake just on traction coming out of turn three and it really called me out. I touched the wall on the inside and it flicked me to the other side. I'm really disappointed and I feel really sorry for all the guys on the No. 24 Valspar car. They worked hard all weekend and deserved a good result."

Tomas Scheckter, No.23 MonaVie: "We ran really well and led some laps. It was a great job by everyone on the MonaVie crew and Dreyer & Reinbold Racing. They put a lot of effort into this. For being my first street course in a year and to lead some laps was good. It's just unfortunate to go out that way. I think we were seventh. We were just around some of the wrong people at the wrong time and got together with them. We are just going to go away and learn from the positives and try for a better result in Edmonton."

Dennis Reinbold, Dreyer & Reinbold Racing co-owner: "We were running strong and Mike did a great job and got around a couple of people early in the race to move up to fourth. Some guys came in early and we were watching their lap times early and I decided to bring Mike in. We came out either second or so. Mike was trying to get around Paul and there was not a lot of room out there. He caught the inside wall and that launched him to the outside wall, and that was it. I think our car could have potentially won the race. We had a very strong car. Mike was doing very consistent lap times and was one of the fastest guys out there. It's pretty disappointing. For Tomas to get punted out of the race in the end was unfortunate because he would have had a top five finish. It's pretty disappointing overall because our cars were quick."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:45 am

Dreyer & Reinbold Racing Ready For Edmonton

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada (July 24, 2009) - After a much needed weekend off, Dreyer & Reinbold Racing is eager to get back on track and continue their positive roll on the road/street courses. This will mark Dreyer & Reinbold Racing's second time to the Edmonton City Centre Airport, and who better to do it with than two road racing pros, Mike Conway, who will pilot the No. 24 Dreyer & Reinbold Racing machine and Tomas Scheckter, who will get behind the wheel of the No. 23 MonaVie car.

The 1.96 mile temporary circuit was good to DRR last year. Buddy Rice gave the team its best finish in its only start at the track in 2008 with an 11 th place finish after starting 22 nd on the grid.

Toronto started off as another groundbreaking performance for Conway. He showed that he had blistering speed during qualifying and started 6 th for the race, marking the first time he has made it into the fast six, as well as making it his best qualifying result of the season. The Brit got off to a great start gaining a position right off of the bat. He continued to move up the grid and had solid pit stops on laps 8 and 31. Unfortunately, on lap 33, Conway's luck changed when he made contact with the outside retaining wall in turn seven while battling Tracy for ninth place. He was able to drive the car back to pit lane, but his car sustained considerable damage to the differential and he was unable to get back out. Conway is ready to turn his luck around this weekend as this will be his first time to the Edmonton circuit. The 26 year-old had a much needed break as he went back home to England to recoup.

Returning to the No. 23 MonaVie car this weekend will be South African Tomas Scheckter. With five solid runs for Dreyer & Reinbold Racing under his belt, Scheckter is ready to visit Edmonton for the first time. This will be his second road/street course of the season with DRR. The South African made his debut to the Toronto circuit and had a very promising start. On the first lap, the veteran driver went from 14th position to 11th place. He managed to work his way up and, at one point, was running in first position leading for six laps. However, things started to turn for him on lap 75 when he made contact with Mario Moraes and Alex Tagliani, which ended his day early.

Dreyer & Reinbold will be on track this weekend for the Rexall Edmonton Indy. The race will take place on July 26 th and will be live on VERSUS.

What they have to say--

Mike Conway, No. 24 Dreyer & Reinbold Racing : "I'm ready to get back to work. I went home to the UK and was able to switch off and relax. I hung out with family and friends, which was really good. Now, I'm ready to get back on track. We had a good walk around the circuit yesterday. It looks pretty cool. It's pretty flat because it's an airport and it's pretty wide open in places. It's also quite bumpy, but it should be good. It will definitely be challenging because in some corners you will be braking really late and there will be some corners where you will be attacking a lot of curb. It should be good because we have worked really hard the last few races and the car keeps getting better and better. Hopefully, we can move it a step further and go quicker again.

Tomas Scheckter, No. 23 MonaVie: "This will be my first time to Edmonton and 90 percent of the drivers have been here before, so it's going to be a little bit harder than Toronto. It's a very high speed track, so it's going to be more demanding as well. I' m really looking forward to it. We are also launching the EMV MonaVie energy drink in Canada this weekend, so I'm also excited about that as well. It should be a good weekend."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:41 am

Dreyer & Reinbold Racing Runs in the Top-Six in Edmonton

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada (July 24, 2009 ) - Today was a good start to the weekend for Dreyer & Reinbold Racing as they had strong runs in both practice sessions for the Rexall Edmonton Indy. The team ' s hard work at the last road/street course events have paid off as both cars ran in the top five and top ten most of the day.

Englishman Mike Conway showed his speed right off the bat. After a much needed break and two solid efforts in Watkins Glen and Toronto, the 26 year-old proved that he was a road racing pro as he ran in the top-five most of the day. Conway showed that he was right on par to qualify in the fast six tomorrow. He made his first appearance in the fast six in Toronto two weeks ago. The rookie is making his first showing at the 1.96 mile street course as he finished 6th (1:02.9546) in the first session and 6th in the second session (1:02.4343).

Tomas Scheckter had a good solid day in practice. After a weekend off, the South African is fully prepared for his first visit to the Edmonton circuit. He is ready to get the car setup right for qualifying and the race. Unfortunately, after clocking the eighth fastest time in the second practice session, Scheckter damaged the rear wing after making contact with the tire barrier in Turn 7. He was 14th (1:03.8464) fastest in the first session and 15th (1:03.4343) quickest in the second session.

The Indianapolis based squad will be on track for tomorrow ' s practice at 11:45 a.m. ET and then again at 5:20 p.m. ET for qualifying of the Rexall Edmonton Indy.

What they have to say --

Mike Conway, No. 24 Dreyer & Reinbold Racing: "The track is good and I'm really enjoying it. We just tried to get the setup as good as we could for qualifying tomorrow. We weren't able to get the best run on our tires in the last stint, so we dropped down a little bit in the end because of that. I'm fairly happy with it. We have been in the top six all day and now we just need to keep stepping it up and hopefully qualify in the top three tomorrow."

Tomas Scheckter, No. 23 MonaVie: " We did okay today. The car ran really well on old tires. We ran in the top five and top ten range and the car was pretty good. Towards the end we struggled with some balance issues. Tonight we need to go back and have a look. One good thing is that we have a great race car and our pace on old tires is very good. The MonaVie crew has done a great job preparing the car and now we need to go and see how we can maximize the most out of the car. "

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:34 pm

Dreyer & Reinbold Racing Qualifies 11 th and 16 th for the Rexall Edmonton Indy

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada (July 25, 2009 ) - Dreyer & Reinbold Racing continued their strong performance today at the Edmonton City Centre Airport track. Mike Conway, pilot of the No. 24 DRR machine, qualified 11 th for the Rexall Edmonton Indy. His teammate, Tomas Scheckter, pilot of the No.23 MonaVie car, will start 16 th for tomorrow's event.

Englishman Mike Conway continued to show that he had the speed. The 25 year old advanced to the second session with ease. Unfortunately, a couple of variables, including traffic, got in the way of allowing him to move on to the fast six. The rookie is making his first appearance at the 1.96 mile street course where he will start 11 th (1:01.9064) on the grid for tomorrow's race.

Tomas Scheckter diligently worked to make it into the fast twelve in qualifying today. After a solid run he wasn't able to make it in the end. Luckily the South African is fully prepared on strategy as he will have two sets of Firestone "red" Alternate tires for tomorrow's race. Scheckter will start 16th (1:02.4280).

Mike Conway, No. 24 Dreyer & Reinbold Racing: "The first session was okay. We advanced into the next stage, but then in the second qualifying we just didn't get things right and I didn't get the lap together. We have some work to do tonight, but I'm confident we have a consistent car for tomorrow's race. I'm a little disappointed for the guys that I wasn't able to put a good lap in, but I feel good for the race."

Tomas Scheckter, No. 23 MonaVie: "Today was a little tough. We knew that it was going to be close and we were on for a decent lap and we didn't get it towards the end. We just missed it in the last corner. I just have to thank everyone at Dreyer & Reinbold Racing and my MonaVie crew. They gave me a good consistent car. The good thing is we have done some strategy and we have saved two sets of Firestone "red" Alternate tires for the race tomorrow. Hopefully we are in a good position to move forward like we did in Toronto and just keep working at it."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:11 pm

Dreyer & Reinbold Racing Had Ups and Downs in Edmonton

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada (July 26, 2009) -- The Rexall Edmonton Indy was filled with ups and downs for Dreyer & Reinbold Racing in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada today. The team 's drivers, Tomas Scheckter (No. 23 MonaVie) and Mike Conway (No. 24 Dreyer & Reinbold Racing), finished 18th and 20th respectively.

As the green flag dropped, both drivers had a strong start, but trouble would set in early on. Conway, who started from 11 th position, was squeezed between two cars. As a result Raphael Matos made contact with his front wheel, which bent the steering column and caused him to run off course in Turn 14. Luckily, the 25 year old was able to drive the car back to the pits and the team diligently worked to replace the steering rack. On lap 33 Mike re-fueled and went back out. From that point on the Brit ran strong laps and clocked the fastest lap of the race on lap 39 at 1:02.6691 seconds. Firestone nominated the performance for the Firestone "Tire-ific" Move of the Race. Fans can vote for him on www.indycar.com . Conway finished in 20 th position.

Scheckter had a good clean start as he gained two positions in the first two laps, going from 16 th to 14 th position. The South African was able to settle in and begin to race, but unfortunately things changed on lap 16. He hit a curb and began to slow down. Scheckter came into the pits to refuel and change tires. He went back out, but the steering was skewed, so he came back in and the team replaced all four dampers on the No.23 MonaV ie machine. He was able to go back out on lap 35 and run consistent laps. Unfortunately on lap 94 Scheckter spun and made contact with the retaining wall in Turn 10. He finished 18 th .

Dreyer & Reinbold Racing heads back to Indianapolis as they will have two days to prepare the cars before heading to Kentucky.

What they had to say--. --

Tomas Scheckter, No. 23 MonaVie: " "The start was alright for us. We gained a couple of positions and were settling down to race. It looks like a shock absorber went. We came back in and changed the tires and went back out and the steering was still skewed. We came back in and changed all of the shocks, went back out and the car was good. We seemed to be making good consistent laps. I made a mistake with a couple of laps to go. We will go back now and see what we have for Kentucky. I just feel bad for the entire MonaVie crew. We will try and keep some of the positive things we learned from here and hopefully we can have a good car for Kentucky."

Mike Conway, No. 24 Dreyer & Reinbold Racing: ""It was a disappointing result. We thought that we had a good car coming into the race. In the first corner I got squeezed. I was coming up on the inside and people were coming across which messed up my line and Matos came over. He touched my front wheel and it felt like it bent something. I thought it was okay and on the last corner I went to turn left and the car wouldn't turn it just went straight off. We came in changed the rack. We were able to get back out, but at the point it was just a test for us. We weren't able to fight for position. We just stayed out of everyone's way and got some laps in. We were happy to get the fastest lap of the race, but it was also disappointing at the same time because we could have had a good finish if we didn't have the incident in the beginning."

Dennis Reinbold, co-owner Dreyer & Reinbold Racing: " "It was a disappointing weekend. With Mike we started off in 11 th place and going into turn one he had a car on both sides of him and one chopped down in and broke the gearing inside the steering arm. We brought the car in and fixed it and got it back out. It's a real shame because we were the fastest car of the race by two tenths of a second. We set the fastest lap of the race and you just hate to waste opportunities like this, because today could have been our day. With Tomas, he incurred some damage early on in the race. It wasn't very good for us, because both of our cars were fast."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sat Aug 01, 2009 2:16 pm

Dreyer & Reinbold Racing Ready to Turn Their Luck Around in Kentucky

Sparta, KY (July 31, 2009) - Dreyer & Reinbold Racing is ready to turn their luck around this weekend in Kentucky. The DRR team has regrouped and is prepared for the eleventh round of the IndyCar Series this weekend in Sparta, Kentucky. Piloting the DRR machines for the Meijer Indy 300 will be Brit Mike Conway in the No. 24 Dad's Root Beer entry, South African Tomas Scheckter, who will be driving the No. 43 MonaVie car, and Milka Duno in the No. 23 CITGO machine.

The Rexall Edmonton Indy was filled with ups and downs for Scheckter and Conway in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. The duo finished 18th and 20th respectively. Unfortunately, trouble set in early for both drivers. Conway made contact early on and had to come into replace his steering rack. Scheckter had to come in prematurely as well. He had an issue with his shocks and all four had to be replaced during the race. Luckily, both were able to go back out, but it was a bittersweet ending. On lap 39, Conway clocked the fastest lap of the race at 1:02.6691 seconds. Firestone nominated his performance for the Firestone "Tire-ific" Move of the Race. Unfortunately for Scheckter his day was ended early when he spun and made contact with the retaining wall in Turn 10 on lap 94.

Dreyer & Reinbold Racing is ready to put all of that behind them. The team has made huge strides and have prepared for the upcoming oval event. DRR has started at least one car in every race at the track since 2000. In 2001, Sarah Fisher gave the team their first and only pole in 2001 and their best finish was with 7th position with Robbie Buhl in 2003. This will mark Conway's first appearance to the track. Scheckter will be making his seventh start and has a best finish of fifth in six starts and has led 14 laps at the track and has three top-10 finishes in six starts. Last year was Duno's first time to compete at the Kentucky track where she started 18th and finished 21st .

Returning to the No. 23 car this weekend will be Venezuelan Milka Duno. After a three week break, Duno is ready to get back to racing. This will be her third time to compete at Kentucky Speedway. She feels fully prepared as she had the opportunity to have a break, relax and go back home to Venezuela for a week.

Dreyer & Reinbold will be on track this weekend for the Meijer Indy 300. The race will take place on August 1st and will be live on Versus.

What they have to say--

Mike Conway, No. 24 Dad's Root Beer: "I'm looking forward to getting back on an oval, Kentucky should be good for us. I have not been there before, but we seem to pick up the circuits pretty quick. Hopefully it will be a good weekend for us. The guys have been working hard in between the last oval we did by upgrading the car with some bits and some development work. We will be pushing hard to get some good results."

Tomas Scheckter, No. 43 MonaVie: "Kentucky is a good track. I have led quite a few laps there and with the new rules should hopefully help the racing a little bit. I'm looking forward to getting back on ovals and hopefully we will have a good showing the for MonaVie Dreyer & Reinbold Racing car."

Milka Duno, No. 23 CITGO: "I was very busy. The first thing I wanted to do was race, but I kept myself busy doing activities with my sponsors and visiting schools and signing my book. I went back to Venezuela and did some things for my sponsors. I was also watching the races cheering for my team and hoping they did well. I'm happy, because after one month I'm going to be racing again. I really like this track. We had a good car here last year and if we put everything together we will have another good one this race."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:40 pm

MEIJER INDY 300 QUALIFYING CANCELLED- DREYER & REINBOLD RACING WILL START 15TH, 19TH, AND 23RD

Sparta, KY (July 31, 2009) - Dreyer & Reinbold Racing was eager to show everyone that they were ready to get back to oval racing. Unfortunately the weather was not on DRR's side, qualifying was cancelled due to a "weeping" track. The water was seeping up through the circuit, keeping cars from being able to run the entire day. As a result the session was cancelled and the team has to start by owners points. Milka Duno, pilot of the #23 CITGO machine will start 15th, Mike Conway driver of the #24 Dad's Root Beer entry will start 19th and Tomas Scheckter, pilot of the #43 MonaVie car will start 23rd tomorrow for the Meijer Indy 300 Presented by Red Baron and Edy's.

The team has made huge strides and is prepared for tomorrow's oval event. DRR has started at least one car in every race at the track since 2000. In 2001, Sarah Fisher gave the team their first and only pole in 2001 and their best finish was with 7th position with Robbie Buhl in 2003. This will mark Conway's first appearance to the track. Scheckter will be making his seventh start and has a best finish of fifth in six starts and has led 14 laps at the track and has three top-10 finishes in six starts. Last year was Duno's first time to compete at the Kentucky track where she started 18th and finished 21st.

Dreyer & Reinbold will be on track tomorrow for practice from 3:00 to 4:30 p.m. ET and then again at 8:45 p.m. ET for the Meijer Indy 300 Presented by Red Baron and Edy's which will be live on VERSUS.

What they have to say--

Mike Conway, No. 24 Dad's Root Beer: "I'm very disappointed that we didn't get out today. Especially with this being my first time to the Kentucky Speedway I was hoping to get some laps in and try to learn from Tomas. We should be okay for tomorrow. The Dad's Root Beer car keeps getting stronger and stronger on the ovals and I think we will be okay in the race."

Tomas Scheckter, No. 43 MonaVie: "Unfortunately we were unable to get out on track because of the wet circuit, but it's the weather and there is nothing you can do about it. It's great that the fans stuck it out for the autograph session and hopefully we can put on a good show tomorrow. We have time to practice tomorrow and we have a decent setup, but we will see for tomorrow afternoon and hopefully we will have a good MonaVie car."

Milka Duno, No. 23 CITGO: "It's a shame we could not get out on track. We had a good car here last year and if we put everything together we will have another good one this race, so I'm confident for tomorrow."