2009 IRL Team Reports: Dreyer & Reinbold Racing

IRL Team reports for the 2009 IRL season

Moderator: mlittle

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:41 pm

DREYER & REINBOLD RACING HAD UPS AND DOWNS IN KENTUCKY

Sparta, KY (August 1, 2009)- Dreyer & Reinbold Racing had some ups and downs for the Meijer Indy 300 Presented by Red Baron and Edy's in Sparta, Kentucky today. The Indianapolis-based squad endured plenty of action during the 200 lap race.

As the green flag dropped, all three Dreyer & Reinbold Racing drivers' Tomas Scheckter (No. 43 MonaVie), Mike Conway (No. 24 Dad's Root Beer) and Milka Duno (No. 23 CITGO) were off to a very good start. Conway and Scheckter started to gain positions right from the beginning.

Today marked Englishman Mike Conway's first time to compete at Kentucky Speedway. The rookie started from 19th position and had a strong start and gradually worked his way up the grid. He came in on lap 50. Unfortunately his race started to go in another direction when he made contact in pit lane. The team had to repair his front wing and as a result went five laps down. Luckily, the 25 year old was able to get back out on track. From that point on, Conway drove a solid race and brought the car home.

The race started out promising for Scheckter, who started 23rd and continued to gain positions. Unfortunately trouble set in early on for Tomas Scheckter. The South African had to come in on lap 37 to repair his rear roll bar. He went back out, but had to retire early on lap 59. The handling of the car deteriorated from what it was during the afternoon practice session and rather than risk damaging the car the team decided to park it early.

Milka Duno started in 15th position and was holding a steady line. Her luck began to turn when something happened with the right rear drive pegs and she had to come in for the team to fix. Despite going a couple of laps down she was able to go out back out safely. From that point on she drove a good consistent race and did a remarkable job to bring the car home safely as she lost radio communication.

Dreyer & Reinbold Racing heads to Indianapolis for a couple of days before heading straight to Mid-Ohio. The race will take place on August 9th and will live on VERSUS.

Milka Duno, (No. 23 CITGO): "It was a tough race. We had a problem with the first pit stop with trying to get it in first gear. With the next stop we had trouble with the right rear drive pegs, so we had to take it back to the garage and fix it. Luckily we were able to get the car back out. It was a disappointing race."

Mike Conway, (No. 24 Dad's Root Beer): "The start was okay and the car felt good. I had a good use of the push to pass and it seemed to work well and get you beside someone good. As we came in for our first pit stop I started to stay low and Hunter-Reay was coming out so was Moraes and I had nowhere to go. It took the wing off. That was a shame because we were running fairly well. After that we were just running laps and learning. It's a long day when things go wrong early, but the team worked really hard. I just have to thank the crew and Dad's Root Beer for being so supportive."
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sun Aug 09, 2009 1:13 pm

Dreyer & Reinbold Racing Ready to Continue Their Success at Mid-Ohio

Lexington, OH (August 7, 2009)- Dreyer & Reinbold Racing is eager to get back on a road course and continue their success at the famous Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. This will mark the team's third time to compete at the 2.4 mile circuit and who better to do it with than road racing pro, Mike Conway, who will pilot the No. 24 Roll Coater machine and Milka Duno will get behind the wheel of the No. 23 CITGO car.

The famed road course has been good to DRR. The team finished best of eighth in 2007 after starting ninth with Buddy Rice. Last year they qualified seventh with Rice.

It was a tough weekend in Kentucky for Conway who started from 19th position and had a strong start and gradually worked his way up the grid. He came in on lap 50. Unfortunately his race started to go in another direction when he made contact in pit lane. The team had to repair his front wing and as a result went five laps down. Luckily, the 25 year old was able to get back out on track. From that point on, Conway drove a solid race and brought the car home.

The rookie is ready to get back to his racing roots and turn his luck around. Conway will make his debut appearance at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. He has done well on the road courses to date. Conway qualified sixth in Watkins Glen and Toronto and had his best result of sixth place at Watkins Glen.

Returning to the track this weekend is Venezuelan driver, Milka Duno, who will be driving the No. 23 CITGO machine. Duno will make her second appearance at Mid-Ohio where she finished 23rd last year.

Dreyer & Reinbold Racing will be on track this weekend for the thirteenth round of the IndyCar Series in Lexington, Ohio. The Honda Indy 200 presented by Westfield Insurance will be live on VERSUS.

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:39 am

DREYER & REINBOLD RACING QUALIFIES 16th AND 20th FOR THE HONDA INDY 200 PRESENTED BY WESTFIELD INSURANCE

Lexington, Ohio (August 8, 2009 ) - Dreyer & Reinbold Racing continues to gain experience at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course in Lexington, Ohio today. The Indianapolis-based squad worked diligently to get the cars just right. Mike Conway, pilot of the No. 24 Roll Coater machine, qualified 16th for the Honda Indy 200 Presented by Westfield Insurance. His teammate, Milka Duno, pilot of the No.23 CITGO car, will start 20th for tomorrow's event.

Englishman Mike Conway is making his first appearance at the 2.4 mile road course where he will start 16th (1:08.5495) on the grid for tomorrow's race. The 25 year old worked hard to make it into the fast twelve in qualifying today. After a solid run he wasn't able to make it in the end. Luckily, Conway is fully prepared on strategy for tomorrow's race.

Milka Duno made the most of her time on track, as she worked to get the setup just right. Unfortunately, a couple of variables got in the way of allowing her to move on to the next round. Duno will start 20th (1:14.5371).

The Indianapolis based squad will be on track for tomorrow's warm-up at 8:45 a.m. ET and then again at 1:45 p.m. ET for the Honda Indy 200 Presented by Westfield Insurance.

What they have to say

Mike Conway, No. 24 Roll Coater: "All weekend we have been struggling with trying to get a good base setup for the car. We have been working hard every night and things didn't change much from this morning. We are trying more things and try gino in different directions. We still have a little more work to do. The weekend is not over yet and we still have time to move up on the grid for the race tomorrow. All in all pretty disappointed, but the team is working hard to solve it and I feel confident for tomorrow's race."

Milka Duno, No. 23 CITGO: "I think the team made a great effort today and the car was much better. I'm just disappointed because I think that I have to be a little quicker. We will see for tomorrow. It's another day and we will see for the race."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:51 pm

Eventful Day For Dreyer & Reinbold Racing at the Honda Indy 200 Presented by Westfield Insurance

Lexington, Ohio (August 9, 2009) -- Dreyer & Reinbold Racing endured plenty of action during the Honda Indy 200 Presented by Westfield Insurance. The team and drivers made a solid effort on the 2.4 mile road course. Unfortunately, it did not turn out the way the Dreyer & Reinbold Racing drivers, Mike Conway (No. 24 Roll Coater) and Milka Duno (No.23 CITGO), had hoped.

Conway got off to a great start gaining two positions right off of the bat, going from 16th to 14th on the first lap. He continued to move up the grid and worked his way to 12th position until he came in on an alternate strategy. The rookie started out on the Firestone Primary (black) tires and switched to the Firestone Alternate (reds) on lap seven. From that point on he drove a strong race before coming in on lap 34. On lap 44, Conway was battling Danica Patrick for position and made contact. As a result he was issued a drive thru penalty for avoidable contact on lap 49. Unfortunately, due to the incident, the left front toe-link broke and his day ended on lap 69. The Brit finished in 20th position.

It was a similar story for Conway's teammate, Duno. The Venezuelan made her second appearance at the circuit and had a very promising start. She immediately got into a groove and started to save fuel. Duno came in on lap 16 for fuel and tires and again on lap 17. As the race progressed, she had trouble with the shifting. As a result, she had to retire on lap 56. Duno finished 21st.

Dreyer & Reinbold Racing heads straight to Infineon Raceway for a test and then back home for a weekend off. The team will hit the pavement August 23rd in California for the Infineon Indy.

What they have to say--

Mike Conway, No. 24 Roll Coater: "I had a good start and picked up a couple of positions. I battled it out with a couple of people and we were going to try a different strategy and run the Firestone Alternate (red) tires as much as we could. We came in on lap seven and were hoping for a yellow to come out. It was working well for us and I went for a move on Danica and she didn't give me much room either and we ended up touching. I carried on with my steering being bent. After that we were running some quick laps. It was a shame and I think we could have moved forward. We definitely improved the car and hopefully we can carry that on to Sonoma."

Milka Duno, No.23 CITGO: "From the beginning I was having trouble shifting. As the race went on it was getting worse and worse and unfortunately it ended my day."

Dennis Reinbold, Dreyer & Reinbold Racing co-owner: "With Mike we had a very fast race car. Throughout the weekend we struggled to find speed in turns one and eleven, but during the race we found the speed there and was one of the fastest cars on the track. Mike unfortunately got together with Danica and as a result it bent the toe-link and ended our day."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:18 am

DREYER & REINBOLD RACING READY TO CONTINUE THEIR SUCCESS AT INFINEON RACEWAY

Sonoma, CA (August 21, 2009) - Dreyer & Reinbold Racing is rested and ready to race. The team is eager to turn their luck around and make the most of the final road course event of the season at the famous Infineon Raceway in Sonoma, Ca. This will mark the team's fifth time to compete at the 12-turn 2.303 mile circuit and who better to do it with than road racing pro, Mike Conway, who will pilot the No. 24 TranSystems machine and Milka Duno will get behind the wheel of the No. 23 CITGO car.

The team feels additionally prepared this weekend because they had the opportunity to test at Infineon Raceway last week with Mike Conway and Milka Duno. The duo had a very successful test. DRR has finished 11th in 2005 with Roger Yasukawa, and in 2008 with Buddy Rice. The team's best start there was in 2006 with Ryan Briscoe who started seventh.

After a tough weekend at Mid-Ohio, Conway is ready to get back to his racing roots and turn his luck around. The 25 year-old had his second taste of the track when he tested last week. The Brit tested there for the first time last year with Panther Racing. His second run at the 2.303 mile road course proved to be an impressive one for Conway as he recorded the fastest time on both days. He led the field on Wednesday and again on Thursday. Three cars participated on the first day and on the second day 13 IndyCar Series drivers completed a full day of testing at Infineon Raceway. Conway topped the charts with a time of 1:19.25 seconds on the first day and on the second day he clocked a time of 1:17.48 seconds.

Although he has tested twice at Infineon Raceway, this weekend will not only mark Conway's first time to compete on the circuit, but he will also be running the No. 24 TranSystems primary livery this weekend for the first time this season.

Returning to the track this weekend is Venezuelan driver, Milka Duno, who will be driving the No. 23 CITGO machine. Duno will make her first appearance at Infineon Raceway. In preparation for this event, she also tested last week where she better learned the circuit.

Mike Conway, No. 24 TranSystems: "We had a successful test at Sonoma last week. We had a day and a half of running and were able to make back-to-back changes and had time to develop the car further. We ended up being the quickest which was good. There were only 13 cars here, but I'm pretty sure we will be running up at the front for this upcoming weekend. Everyone is looking forward to the weekend. We just need to stay focused and make sure that we get a good result and finish off the last road course event of the season on a high."

Milka Duno, No. 23 CITGO: "It was really good that we were able to test last week. I learned a lot about the circuit. I raced here a couple of years ago in a prototype and it was totally different for me being in this car. I think we had a good test, but we still have some improvements to make for this weekend and that will be our goal and we will have a good weekend."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:20 am

DREYER & REINBOLD RACING QUALIFIES FOR INDY GRAND PRIX OF SONOMA

SONOMA, Calif. (Aug. 22, 2009) Dreyer & Reinbold Racing spent a beautiful August day at the picturesque Infineon Raceway improving their IndyCars for tomorrow's Indy Grand Prix of Sonoma. Located 30 minutes north of San Francisco's Golden Gate Bridge, Infineon Raceway sits at the base of Napa Valley's famous wine country. The Indianapolis-based team made the trip across the country carrying high hopes for the race.

25-year-old British rookie Mike Conway came into Infineon after posting the fastest time in last week's open test. He showed the same speed in this morning's one and a half our practice session, posting the third-fastest time of the session in his black and burgundy #24 TranSystems car. Teammate Milka Duno was one of the busiest drivers during practice in her #23 Citgo machine, turning 25 laps and improving her speed throughout the morning.

During afternoon qualifications, Conway used his skill and knowledge of the track to post laps faster than his morning practice times. After running the first half the session on Firestone Primary Black Tires, Conway came in for Alternate Red Tires. The faster Red Tires enabled Conway to post a best lap of 1:17:0884 (107.549 miles per hour). That lap placed him fourth in his session, enough to advance him to the second round of qualifications.

Conway started the second qualification session on scuffed reds, then switched to new sticker reds with seven minutes remaining in the session. His fastest lap of 1:17:0895 (107.548 miles per hour) earned him a ninth place starting position, missing the Firestone Fast 6 by a mere 1.769 seconds. Even though Conway's fastest lap of the weekend was his best, he hoped for better. "Obviously disappointed to finish up ninth, we should have been looking at the top six at least." Conway stated. "It is a bit frustrating really, but tomorrow is another day. The race is coming up, so now we will focus on that."

Duno managed a best lap of 1:23:6185 (99.150 miles per hour) in eight laps around the circuit. She spent the day using what she learned during last week's test, which she participated in alongside Conway. Duno complimented her team on a great job, but wished that qualifications would have lasted a little longer. "It was rough for me since this is my first race at Infineon. In the end, we didn't have enough time, but tomorrow we will do a better job!" Duno stated.

Tomorrow's Indy Grand Prix of Sonoma will be broadcast live on VERSUS at 5 p.m. EST. The fourteenth race of the 2009 IndyCar Series will also be heard on live IMS Radio Network stations across the country. For more information on Dreyer & Reinbold Racing, visit the team's official website at www.dreyerreinboldracing.com.

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:21 am

PODIUM FINISH FOR DREYER & REINBOLD RACING AT INFINEON RACEWAY

Sonoma, California (August 23, 2009)- Dreyer & Reinbold Racing completed the last road course of the year at Infineon Raceway with a bang. Mike Conway, driver of the No. 24 TranSystems machine, finished on the podium for the first time this season in Sonoma, California today with a third place result, while his teammate Milka Duno came home in 17th position.

The 2.303 mile circuit has been good to DRR this year. They had the opportunity to test at Infineon Raceway last week with Mike Conway and Milka Duno. Conway recorded the fastest time on both days and topped the charts with a time of 1:19.25 seconds on the first day and on the second day he clocked a time of 1:17.48 seconds.

As the green flag dropped, both drivers had a flawless start. Conway showed that he was a true road-racing pro. The Brit kept his nose clean as he stayed out of the trouble that happened in front of him. He started in ninth position and went to 14th on the first lap. Fortunately that didn't hinder him for long. The rookie was able to climb as the race progressed. With near perfect pit stops, Conway drove a good, consistent race, running in the top-ten for a majority of the race. It all came together on his last pit stop when he went from seventh to fifth and continued to pass. On lap 73 Conway made an incredible maneuver on the No.27 of Hideki Mutoh for third position in Turn 7. Firestone nominated the performance for the Firestone "Tire-ific" Move of the Race. Fans can vote for him on www.indycar.com . As a result he crossed the finish line with his best result of the season, third place.

Conway's teammate Duno drove a solid race. The Venezuelan made her first appearance at the circuit and had a very promising start. She immediately got into a groove and continued to learn and gain experience. Duno started 21st and finished in 17th position.

Dreyer & Reinbold Racing heads to Chicago for the Peak Antifreeze and Motor Oil Indy 300. The race will take place on August 29th and will be live on VERSUS.

What they had to say--

Mike Conway, #24 TranSystems: "Yeah, it was good. In the beginning we got hit from behind and I got a puncture in my rear tire and I thought my race was finished. I just kept pushing all the way and just kept moving forward and I kept setting quick times. Towards the end I knew I might be able to get past the guys in front. The Tran Systems car was really good today. If we had a few more laps, it would have been interesting to see if I could get past those guys."

Milka Duno, #23 CITGO: ""It was rough for me since this is my first race at Infineon, but we brought the car home. I was able to continue to learn and gain experience on this circuit."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:03 am

DREYER & REINBOLD RACING READY FOR CHICAGOLAND SPEEDWAY

Chicago, IL (August 27, 2009)- Dreyer & Reinbold Racing enters the Peak Indy 300 at Chicagoland Speedway this weekend on an incredible high. The team earned their first podium of the season with Mike Conway last Sunday at Infineon Raceway in Sonoma, California, ending the final road course of the year on a positive note. DRR is eager to get back on an oval and continue their momentum. This will mark Dreyer & Reinbold Racing's eighth time to compete at the 1.5-mile oval, and who better to do it with than three racing pros, Mike Conway who will pilot the No. 24 Dad's Root Beer machine, Tomas Scheckter who will get behind the wheel of the No. 43 MonaVie car, and Milka Duno who will be driving the No.23 CITGO chassis.

Sonoma turned out to be another groundbreaking performance for Conway where he showed that he was a true road-racing pro. The Brit kept his nose clean as he stayed out of the trouble that happened in front of him. He started in ninth position and went to 14th on the first lap. Fortunately that didn't hinder him for long. The rookie was able to climb as the race progressed. With near perfect pit stops, Conway drove a good, consistent race, running in the top-ten for a majority of the event. It all came together on his last pit stop when he went from seventh to fifth and continued to pass. On lap 73 Conway made an incredible maneuver on the No.27 of Hideki Mutoh for third position in Turn 7. Firestone nominated the performance for the Firestone "Tire-ific" Move of the Race. As a result he crossed the finish line with his best result of the season, third place.

This weekend will mark Conway's first time to Chicagoland Speedway. To date he has made it into the fast six twice on road courses (Watkins Glen and Toronto) and his best qualifying position on an oval has been 11th (Milwaukee and Richmond). Conway's best results on a road course were sixth and third (Watkins Glen and Sonoma) and on an oval was eighth in Iowa.

Returning to the No. 43 car this weekend will be South African Tomas Scheckter. With seven starts for Dreyer & Reinbold Racing under his belt, Scheckter is ready to visit Chicago for the seventh time. He has had much success at the 1.5 mile oval with two top-five finishes (4-2005, 5-2003), led 114 laps in six starts at the track, and his best start was second in 2003. Scheckter has had eight pole positions, all of which were on ovals (2002-Texas 1,Kansas, Michigan; 2003-Texas 1, Michigan; 2005-Homestead, Texas, Nashville). He has also won twice, both on ovals (Michigan, 2002; Texas, 2005). His best result this season was sixth at Iowa. Scheckter feels fully prepared as he had the opportunity to have a break, relax, train and learn as he watched the team's success at Infineon Raceway.

Milka Duno, who will be driving the No. 23 CITGO machine, will make her third appearance at Chicagoland Raceway. She finished 14th in her second start at track in 2008 and led five laps. After a positive result last weekend at Sonoma she is ready to get back to an oval.

Dreyer & Reinbold Racing will be on track in Chicago for the Peak Antifreeze and Motor Oil Indy 300. The race will take place on August 29th and will be live on VERSUS.

What they have to say--

Mike Conway, No. 24 Dad's Root Beer: "This will be my first time here at Chicago so I'm looking forward to getting out on the track tomorrow. Obviously we had a good weekend last weekend at Sonoma, so I'm looking forward to the next race and hopefully get some good results again and try to keep moving up in the championship. I think the rookie spots are still available to us to win this year. Anything can happen with three races left, we've just got to keep pushing and keep getting results. Fingers crossed it will be another good weekend for us."

Tomas Scheckter, No. 43 MonaVie: "Looking forward to being in the MonaVie car again this weekend. It's been a couple of weeks off for me. It's been great watching the team do well, coming off a good result in Sonoma. There's a lot of good energy within the team. We're back on a big oval again and looking forward to having a good result here for me and the 43 car."

Milka Duno, No. 23 CITGO: "I'm really looking forward to Chicago. I led my first laps there and I can't wait to get back."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:04 am

DREYER & REINBOLD RACING QUALIFIED FOR THE PEAK INDY 300

Joliet, Illinois (August 28, 2009)- Dreyer & Reinbold Racing qualified for the Peak Indy 300 in Joliet, Illinois today. The team's drivers Tomas Scheckter (No. 43 MonaVie), Mike Conway (No. 24 Dad's Root Beer), and Milka Duno (No. 23 CITGO) qualified 14th, 16th, and 21st respectively.

Working to find the right speed for today's session, Tomas Scheckter qualified 14th for tomorrow's race. This weekend marks his seventh start for Dreyer & Reinbold Racing and his seventh time to Chicagoland Speedway. He has had much success at the 1.5 mile oval with two top-five finishes (4-2005, 5-2003), led 114 laps in six starts at the track, and his best start was second in 2003. Scheckter has had eight pole positions, all of which were on ovals (2002-Texas 1,Kansas, Michigan; 2003-Texas 1, Michigan; 2005-Homestead, Texas, Nashville). He has also won twice, both on ovals (Michigan, 2002; Texas, 2005). His best result this season was sixth at Iowa.

Today marks Englishman, Mike Conway's first time to compete at the 1.5 mile oval. The rookie will start 16th on the grid tomorrow. To date he has made it into the fast six twice on road courses (Watkins Glen and Toronto) and his best qualifying position on an oval has been 11th (Milwaukee and Richmond). Conway's best results on a road course were sixth and third (Watkins Glen and Sonoma) and on an oval was eighth in Iowa. Conway continues to gain confidence and looks forward to the race tomorrow.

Milka Duno has shown a lot of speed and improvement. Today was a matter of finding the right balance and getting the setup correct. As conditions changed, so did her No.23 CITGO machine placing her in 21st position for tomorrow's race. Duno will be making her third appearance at Chicagoland Speedway. She finished 14th in her second start at track in 2008 and led five laps.

Dreyer & Reinbold Racing will be on track tomorrow at 9:00 p.m. ET for the Peak Indy 300, which will be live on VERSUS.

What they had to say--

Mike Conway, No. 24 Dad's Root Beer: "The car felt okay during qualifying and it was pretty hooked up. We just need a little more speed, which we didn't have in qualifying. The main thing is to work on the car for the race because that is the longest part of the weekend. Hopefully we will have a good result for tomorrow."

Milka Duno, No. 23 CITGO: "We have had pretty good practices and we have been preparing the car well for the race. It was very good in morning practice and for qualifying we made some changes that we didn't expect. Now my engineer is working really hard to help make the car faster for tomorrow."

Tomas Scheckter, No. 43 MonaVie: "It doesn't make it as easy qualifying 14th, but I have to thank the MonaVie crew for doing a good job and getting me in the top 15. We lack a little bit on these big ovals, but Larry Curry and the crew are working very hard and I just have to thank Dreyer & Reinbold Racing and MonaVie again. We think that we have a lot faster race car than what we qualified with and for tomorrow I think we will be strong."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:00 am

TOP TEN RESULT FOR DREYER & REINBOLD RACING AT THE PEAK INDY 300

Joliet, Illinois (August 29, 2009)- Dreyer & Reinbold Racing was able to continue their incredible momentum into tonight's Peak Indy 300 in Joliet, Illinois. All three DRR drivers, Tomas Scheckter (No.43 MonaVie), Mike Conway (No. 24 Dad's Root Beer), and Milka Duno (No. 23 CITGO) endured plenty of action during the 200 lap race. The trio finished in 8th, 16th, and 20th position for the Peak Indy 300.

As the green flag dropped, all three drivers had a flawless start. Scheckter showed that he was ready to get back to racing after being out of the car for the last two events. The South African went from 14th to 12th position in the first lap and continued to climb as the race progressed. With near perfect pit stops, Scheckter drove a good, consistent race earning him the fastest lap of the race on lap 193 (218.3 mph). The veteran driver continued his good luck at this track and brought the car home in eighth position.

Experience, laps and time were the right combination for rookie Mike Conway as he visited Chicagoland Speedway for the first time. The Brit started 16th and battled his way the entire time. Unfortunately in the beginning the lead pack pulled away and it was a continuous fight to keep up. From that point on Conway just drove a solid race brining the Dad's Root Beer car home in the same position he started in, 16th place. He set the second fastest lap time of the race (218.1 mph). On another note, Conway won the Firestone "Tire-ific" Move of the Race for making an incredible maneuver on the No.27 of Hideki Mutoh for third position in Turn 7 at Infineon Raceway last weekend.

Milka Duno made her third appearance at the circuit and had a very promising start. She immediately got into a groove and started to pass her competitors. As the race progressed, she had trouble with her car overheating and lost pressure. As a result, she had to retire on lap 155. Duno finished 21st.

Dreyer & Reinbold Racing heads back to Indianapolis as they will have two weeks to prepare their cars before heading to Japan for the Indy Japan 300 on September 19th.

What they had to say--

Tomas Scheckter, #43 MonaVie: "It was a great race for the MonaVie car. The MonaVie crew did a great job, our pit stops were unbelievable and we had the quickest lap in the race, so I just have to thank the team. I had two races off and I really missed them and it's great to be back and to have a really good performance. After running in the top five we thought that maybe we could do a little bit better than that, but we got stuck in traffic and pitted a little bit later and didn't get out with the leaders. Overall, it was a great job and good job to everyone on the team."

Mike Conway, #24 Dad's Root Beer: "It was a shame in the beginning. We kind of lost touch with the lead group and it was me E.J. Viso, Ryan Hunter-Reay, and Sarah Fisher battling it out. At that point the leaders were able to pass us before we pitted and it was a bit disappointing that we went down a lap so early and after that the yellow flag came out and we couldn't gain the lap back. Overall, it was okay. I really learned a lot and it was good fun racing in the big packs. It's a shame we couldn't have finished a bit higher up, but a finish is a finish and we continue to learn. I'm really looking forward to the next race."

Milka Duno, #23 CITGO: "We had such a good car, but unfortunately the car was overheating and I continued to lose power. When we came into the pits the car lost all of the power and it ended our day early."

Dennis Reinbold, Dreyer & Reinbold Racing co-owner: "We had a good car with Mike tonight. I think he had the second fastest lap of the race and Tomas had the fastest lap of the race. We are making some good progress on our speedway cars and so far it looks like we are on the right track. All three of our drivers were happy with what they had and could drive anywhere on the track and accelerated well. It's a good step in the right direction, but unfortunately with Milka we had that problem with the overheating and she wasn't able to get a good result and Mike was the same way. We ran over some debris at the end so we came in and changed the tires just to be safe and dropped a few spots or we would have had a good finish. Tomas ended up 8th after starting 14th and ran all the way up to the top and had a shot at finishing high up on the podium for this race."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:09 pm

DREYER & REINBOLD RACING QUALIFIED FOR THE INDY JAPAN 300

Motegi, Japan (September 18, 2009)- Dreyer & Reinbold Racing qualified for the Indy Japan 300 in Motegi, Japan today. The team's drivers Tomas Scheckter (No. 23 MonaVie), Mike Conway (No. 24 DRR), and Roger Yasukawa (No. 43 DRR) qualified 10th, 13th, and 17th respectively.

Working to get his setup just right, Tomas Scheckter qualified 10th for tomorrow's race. The South African is right on par to conquer his unfinished business at Twin Ring Motegi. In 2005, who at the time was the pilot of the No. 4 Panther Racing machine, was leading the race and with two laps to go ran out of fuel. After today's qualifying session Scheckter is extremely happy with his car setup and is prepared to earn his third IndyCar victory and finish what he started five years ago. Tomorrow will mark his eighth start with Dreyer & Reinbold Racing and his sixth at the Twin Ring Motegi circuit.

Scheckter has had plenty of success at the 1.5 mile oval with two top-ten finishes (10-2005, 9-2007), led 86 laps in five starts at the track, and his best start was fourth in 2003. Scheckter has had eight pole positions, all of which were on ovals (2002-Texas 1,Kansas, Michigan; 2003-Texas 1, Michigan; 2005-Homestead, Texas, Nashville). He has also won twice, both on ovals (Michigan, 2002; Texas, 2005). His best result this season was sixth at Iowa. He also finished eighth place at Chicagoland Speedway. making it his second top-10 finish this season.

Today marked Englishman, Mike Conway's first time to qualify at the 1.5 mile oval. The rookie will start 13th on the grid tomorrow. To date his best qualifying position was sixth (Watkins Glen and Toronto). On an oval his top qualifying result has been 11th (Milwaukee and Richmond). Conway's top finishes of the season have been on road courses, which were sixth and third (Watkins Glen and Sonoma) and on an oval it was eighth at Iowa. The Brit's main focus for tomorrow is to close the gap for Rookie of the Year honors. He currently sits 16th in the championship standings and just 40 points behind current Rookie of the Year leader Raphael Matos.

After a year and half of not driving an IndyCar, Roger Yasukawa quickly got into the rhythm and qualified 17th for his home race. The Japanese-American is making his return to Dreyer & Reinbold Racing for this event. It was announced in February that he would pilot a third entry for the team at the Indy Japan 300 event, marking his fifth start at the Twin Ring Motegi circuit. In 38 IndyCar Series starts, 18 of which were with Dreyer & Reinbold, Yasukawa has finished in the top-ten nine times with a best finish of seventh (twice).

Dreyer & Reinbold Racing will be on track for the Indy Japan 300 at Twin Ring Motegi September 19th. The race will be telecast live in HD at 10:30 p.m. (EDT) September 18th on VERSUS. The race will air live on the IMS Radio Network, XM channel 145. The radio broadcast also will be carried on www.indycar.com. The qualifying show airs Friday, September 18th at 6 p.m. EDT.

What they had to say--

Mike Conway, No. 24 DRR: "Qualifying went really well. In the first couple of laps we left a little bit too much in there and then on the last couple of laps we were slowly picking up the pace again. I'm fairly happy with our starting position. We worked hard on the car all day and it kept getting quicker and quicker. Now we just need a good car for the race. I just have to thank all of the guys on the Charter car for doing a good job."

Tomas Scheckter, No. 23 MonaVie: "I just have to thank everyone on the MonaVie crew for giving me a great car once again. We saved some tires, so we weren't able to have the qualifying run that we had hoped for. The guys did an amazing job on the setup. We worked hard during practice and I think that we have a good car for the race tomorrow. I'm glad to see a lot of MonaVie fans from Japan here and I look forward to putting a good show on for tomorrow."

Roger Yasukawa, No. 43 DRR: "We had a pretty good car today. I haven't been in the car for a year and a half, so I certainly had to get back in the rhythm. The team did a fantastic job of getting the car ready. I really want to thank Dreyer & Reinbold Racing, Dennis Reinbold and Larry Curry, my engineer, for giving me a great car. For qualifying, I think we had a little more speed. I know Mike and Tomas were about two tenths of a second quicker than me, so I certainly need to work on that. Really, I just wanted to focus on tomorrow, it's going to be a long race. We have a really stable car and I'm looking forward to racing in front of my home crowd. Hopefully we will finish in the top ten."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:10 pm

DREYER & REINBOLD RACING HAD UPS AND DOWNS IN JAPAN

Motegi, Japan (September 19, 2009) -- The Indy Japan 300 was filled with ups and downs for Dreyer & Reinbold Racing in Motegi, Japan today. The team's drivers, Roger Yasukawa (No. 43 Dreyer & Reinbold Racing), Mike Conway (No. 24 Dreyer & Reinbold Racing), and Tomas Scheckter (No. 23 MonaVie), finished 20th, 22nd and 23rd respectively.

As the green flag dropped, all three drivers had a strong start. Scheckter led the Dreyer & Reinbold Racing pack going from 10th position to 8th in the first lap. From that point on he climbed some more, but battled it out with Graham Rahal and would then start to conserve fuel and solidly sit in eighth place. The South African came in on lap 44 and had a good stop, but then his luck would soon change. On lap 88, Scheckter had to make an unscheduled stop due to an internal problem with the gearbox, which ended his day early. He finished in 23rd position.

After a year and half of not driving an IndyCar, Roger Yasukawa quickly got into the rhythm and got up to speed quickly. On the start he went from 17th to 19th, but turned it around and began to gain positions. Unfortunately, his story was similar to his teammate Scheckter's. After his first stop, which was on lap 43, he had to come back in. After hitting a bump, the right rear shock broke. The No.43 crew diligently worked and was able to get the car back out on track, despite going 34 laps down. Yasukawa brought the car home safely in 20th place.

Like his teammates', Conway had a good solid start. In the beginning, he suffered with some under-steer and slipped from 13th to 15th position. He immediately began to conserve fuel and would pit on lap 43. After a solid stop he went back out and battled with Tony Kanaan. Unfortunately on lap 106, he lost as he tried to make a pass and spun and made contact with the SAFER Barrier between Turns 3 and 4. Luckily, he was okay, but his day was cut short putting him in 22nd position.

Dreyer & Reinbold Racing heads back to Indianapolis as they will have two weeks to prepare the cars before heading to Homestead Speedway in Miami, Florida.

What they had to say--

Mike Conway, No. 24 DRR: "We started the race off okay and eventually got caught by the leaders and we couldn't stay on the lead lap. We just tried to save as much fuel as we could so that we didn't have to pit too early. It was just me and Tony Kanaan and a few others that were left on that same lap. We had some good pit stops and the Charter crew did a great job. Unfortunately, I went for a move on Tony Kanaan and it just didn't quite work out. I kissed the apron and it shot me off of the banking and I'm sorry to the Dreyer & Reinbold Racing guys, hopefully I can get them a good result in Miami."

Tomas Scheckter, No. 23 MonaVie: "We were having a great run and I was able to get the MonaVie car in the top six on the start. I just have to thank the guys for giving me a good car. We were running solidly in the top eight, having a good race. At that point I started to conserve fuel because I got into a battle with Graham Rahal and Oriol Servia. Then we had an internal problem with the gearbox. It's very unfortunate, but that's racing and these things happen. I just have to thank everyone with MonaVie Japan for coming out and supporting me. I'm really looking forward to getting this MonaVie car in the top five in Miami, because the Dreyer & Reinbold car keeps getting quicker and quicker."

Roger Yasukawa, No. 43 DRR: "We had a really good car for the race. At the start I was a bit conservative, but once we got it up to speed we had a good balance and passed a couple of cars. Right after the first stop, I went over a bump and we had an issue with the damper that broke and unfortunately was very close to hitting the wall. I was able to bring the car back into the pit and the race was pretty much over at the point for me, because we had to fix the car in the pits. I just want to thank my crew because I was able to get back out and the car felt great. I had great speed. I really want to thank the fans and Dreyer & Reinbold Racing. After this race I was thinking if I don't have a good run maybe I will quit and do something else, but I was so happy to be back in the car and all of the hard work was definitely worth it. I will just have to give it another go next year and also at the Indianapolis 500."