Moderator: mlittle

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

2009 IRL Team Reports: HVM Racing

Post by mlittle » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:56 pm

~~~"Gotta Be Fit to Be in the Pit"
HVM Racing Waves Green Flag on Team Weight-Loss Challenge

St. Petersburg, Fla. (April 3, 2009) – HVM Racing is ready to lose a few spare tires. The team kicked off a two-month fitness challenge Friday afternoon at the Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg with the goal to collectively lose 100 pounds – about the weight of a set of IndyCar Series tires – by the Indy 500.

Huddled up around a stack of tires representing the amount of weight they will aim to lose, the team gathered at the HVM transporter to hear the details of their challenge from Luigi Gratton, M.D., a member of Herbalife's Nutrition Advisory Board. Dr. Gratton will work with the team over the course of the challenge to teach smart nutrition habits to help reach their goal.

HVM recognizes the importance of team members being in shape and wants to help them perform at their best.

"Being on a pit crew is no easy job," said Keith Wiggins, team owner. "The team members carry a lot of weight on the shoulders, often literally. And we want them to be at their best for every race."

E.J. Viso, driver of the No. 13 PDVSA HVM Racing Honda Dallara, is a big believer in fitness and nutrition and wants his team members to enjoy the same benefits of eating right and keeping in good health. Viso, who is sponsored by Herbalife, introduced Dr. Gratton to the team and encouraged them to try the doctor's advice.

In addition to setting the goal of dropping 100 pounds by the Indy 500, Dr. Gratton also challenged the team to lose a total of 300 pounds by the end of the racing season.
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:05 am

HVM Racing
Saturday Qualifying Report, St. Pete.

The PDVSA HVM Racing team will start 16th in Sunday's Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg. After strong showings in Friday's and Saturday's practice sessions, driver E.J. Viso and the HVM team had high hopes going into today's qualifying sessions. But Viso and the No. 13 PDVSA HVM Racing Honda Dallara had a poor second outing on track in the late part of the session, and did not advance to the second qualifying round.

Sunday's 100-lap race will still provide the team plenty of opportunities to get the car back up the front. At the 2008 Honda Grand Prix, Viso moved up to a fourth-place finish after starting in 15th.

----Comments from PDVSA HVM Racing Team Owner Keith Wiggins after qualifying at St. Pete: "We had very higher expectations going into qualifying after being so strong in practice. We still have confidence going into tomorrow's race. St. Pete is the type of course where we are generally strong, and we will look forward to running a good race even though we're starting farther back than we'd hoped."

----Comments from PDVSA HVM Racing Team Driver E.J. Viso after qualifying at St. Pete: "I am disappointed in where we ended up because I expected to keep the same pace we ran in practice. Tomorrow is going to be a long race, and we all know that it's not where you start but where you finish. The team has put together a really good car and I still have a lot of confidence going into the race. I think we definitely still have an opportunity for a strong finish."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:42 pm

HVM Racing
St. Pete Race Report

~~~Venue: The Streets of St. Petersburg, 1.8-mile street course, St. Petersburg, Florida
Starting Position: 16
Finishing Position: 17

------The PDVSA HVM Racing team had their day cut short during Sunday's Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg after damage and a suspension failure on lap 76 of the 100-lap event. It was a disappointing end to what was a strong run.

After qualifying in the 16th position, driver E.J. Viso had the No. 13 PDVSA HVM Racing Honda Dallara running near the front of the pack for a majority of the race. Utilizing a three-pit-stop strategy, the team was running as high as third during the middle stages of the event.

During a planned pit stop on lap 55, the HVM team made routine service to the car. Viso returned to the track, but moments later, after a spin at turn four, he began reporting a potential steering problem.

The team brought the car back onto pit road under a caution at lap 75 to check the steering. A damaged rear wing and a suspension problem were detected on the car and the team was forced to retire from the opening race. HVM finished in 17th place.

Comments from PDVSA HVM Racing Owner Keith Wiggins after Sunday's Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg:

"It's unfortunate because our strategy was starting to prove right. Everything was going as well as hoped. We got the car out front in the early part of the race and it was looking like we could have a good finish.

"Obviously, it's disappointing for the team because we were running strong. This was not a problem we could fix in the pit, and for the safety of our driver and the other drivers on the track, we had to end our day."

Comments from PDVSA HVM Racing Driver E.J. Viso after Sunday's Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg:

"It was a fun race. We were playing a different strategy and I thought it was going to pay off in the end. We had a good, fast car and we were running good lap times.

"But then we had to stop because of a failure in the steering in the front end of the car that physically didn't allow me to turn the steering wheel. So for the safety of everyone we had to stop. My hands have blisters and that tells you that something went wrong.

"I want to thank the team for giving me a strong car all weekend and I am looking forward to Long Beach."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:03 pm

Viso Prepping on Two Wheels for Long Beach Grand Prix Cycling, Climate and Nutritional Program Helping HVM Driver

Indianapolis, Indiana (April 14, 2009) -- E.J. Viso didn't wait until race week to head west to prepare for the Grand Prix of Long Beach. The driver of the No. 13 PDVSA HVM Racing Honda Dallara took off toward the West Coast as soon as the IndyCar Series wrapped up in St. Petersburg, Fla.

Viso spent the last week in Scottsdale, Ariz., getting acclimated to West Coast time and training for the streets of Long Beach with a demanding cycling program. The 24-year-old Venezuelan has been training 60 miles a day with his brother-in-law, Alejandro Falcon, in the Arizona desert.

"The Long Beach street course is similar to the St. Pete course. Both are very physically demanding on the driver, so you have to be in your best possible condition," said Viso. "Cycling is a great way to train because it's very comprehensive. It improves your physical condition and your stamina."

In addition to training, Viso has also been following a strict nutritional program designed to give him the energy and strength to perform at his best when he gets behind the wheel of the No. 13 car. The program was formulated by Luigi Gratton, M.D., and Louis Ignarro, Ph.D., of Herbalife. Viso and Falcon both endorse Herbalife's products and principles.

"I have felt a remarkable improvement in my body since I started the nutritional program," said Viso. "It's incredible how much good nutrition can make a difference. I feel stronger and more alert through all of my senses, which is important when you are driving a car 120 miles per hour."

"E.J is committed to his fitness, as the whole team is committed to developing what is needed to be competitive, physically and with the equipment we prepare," said Keith Wiggins, team owner. "Herbalife has brought a new dimension to this philosophy, and the whole team has embraced the program with determination and enthusiasm. It is the perfect program for teamwork, which our business is all about. Everybody knows what they should be doing with their health, and HVM and E.J are doing it".

Viso and HVM Racing enter the Long Beach Grand Prix in 17th place in the IndyCar Series championship.

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:31 pm

The PDVSA HVM Racing team will enjoy starting Sunday's Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach at the front after driver E.J. Viso qualified the No. 13 car fourth on Saturday afternoon. The second-row position marks Viso's best qualifying result since joining HVM Racing and the IndyCar Series Championship last season and his first appearance in the Firestone Fast Six.

The Honda Dallara was fast in practice all weekend, allowing the team to focus primarily on adjustments to help Viso best navigate the tricky turns of the Long Beach street course. Like other drivers, Viso drove much of his qualifying sessions on the alternate "red" tires, giving the No. 13 car extra grip.

Today's qualifying effort was the best for HVM Racing on the streets of Long beach.

Comments from PDVSA HVM Racing Team Principal Keith Wiggins after qualifying fourth at Long Beach:

"We are very happy with how the car has performed since we got here. We tested various things in practice and felt we had a good strategy going into qualifying.

"It was important that we came out and had a good run in Long Beach after our fast pace but disappointing St. Pete result. We traditionally run strong on street courses, so we came here with confidence that we could put together a strong performance. Obviously after E.J.'s qualifying run, we feel good about what we can do on Sunday."

Comments from PDVSA HVM Racing Team Driver E.J. Viso after qualifying fourth at Long Beach:

"It was a great day. The car has been fast all weekend, the Firestone tires were good and everything played out as we expected. Things didn't come together in St. Pete, but hopefully it will happen here in Long Beach.

"This achievement is going to boost everyone's confidence. We are a one-car team, and it's harder to put a good car out there when you don't have a second car to compare information with. But the team has been working very hard and things are definitely coming together."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:06 am

HVM Racing--Long Beach Report

The PDVSA HVM Racing team suffered an early and abrupt end to their day at Sunday's Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach after contact with another car forced E.J. Viso's No. 13 Honda Dallara into the wall.

After taking the green flag in fourth position -- his career-best qualifying effort in his IndyCar Series career -- Viso stayed right with the leaders for the first 16 laps of the race. On Lap 17, Viso was squeezed into the wall when Scott Dixon veered off his line in Turn 6. The No. 13 car sustained enough damage that it could not be restarted and HVM's day was finished.

The early exit was a disappointing result after strong performances in practice and qualifying indicated that the No. 13 car was going to be one to watch on Sunday. The team finished the race in 23rd place.

Comments from PDVSA HVM Racing Team Principal Keith Wiggins after Sunday's Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach:

"It's very disappointing to have our day end this way. We were strong in practice, had a great qualifying effort, and were really optimistic about what the car and E.J. could do."

Comments from PDVSA HVM Racing Driver E.J. Viso after Sunday's Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach:

"Things were going smoothly and someone ruined my race. I was running my line and suddenly (Scott) Dixon changed his line. I had nowhere to go.

"It's very frustrating because I had a good car and the Firestone tires were working well for me. I would just like to thank my team for working so hard to give me a great car for this weekend."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:28 am

HVM Racing
Kansas Race Report

------The PDVSA HVM Racing team saw another hot start turn to disappointment when the No. 13 Honda Dallara exited the race with a failed gearbox 37 laps into the Road Runner Turbo Indy 300.

Driver E.J. Viso started from the back of the pack, but the car proved to be fast and quickly began passing others on the opening laps. He had moved up to 14th position when contact between Helio Castroneves and Vitor Meira on Lap 14 sent debris flying back toward the No. 13 car. Viso maneuvered to avoid serious damage but still suffered a broken front wing.

After multiple pit stops to repair the damage, Viso had the car back on the track one lap down in 21st position. He was fighting to make up lost ground when, on Lap 38, he reported an issue with the gears. The team brought the car into the garage and determined the gearbox had overheated and could not be repaired. The PDVSA HVM Racing team finished the race in 21st place.

Comments from PDVSA HVM Racing Team Principal Keith Wiggins after Sunday's Road Runner Turbo Indy 300:

"Of course, we are very disappointed. In each of the first three races we have started off with a good, fast car, and then something went wrong.

"Even though we were starting from the back today, we still had a lot of confidence in E.J.'s ability to move up to the front, which is exactly what he was doing when the problem occurred."

Comments from PDVSA HVM Racing Team Driver E.J. Viso after Sunday's Road Runner Turbo Indy 300:

"It's our third very disappointing race of the season. After showing good potential, a lot of speed and good performance in the race, something happened. This time it was a failure in the gearbox that took us out of the race.

"It's a shame because things were going pretty well. I was at the same pace as the fast cars that got sent to the back, Dario (Franchitti) and Helio (Castroneves). Things were looking good and I believe we could have achieved a Top 6."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Fri May 08, 2009 10:24 am

TV Show Goes Behind the Scenes with HVM Racing

Indianapolis, Indiana (May 7, 2009) -- Racing fans will get an all-access look at how a team prepares on race day when KNBC-TV follows HVM Racing behind the scenes on this week's episode of "Whipnotic." The automotive-themed show airs Saturday in the Los Angeles area and online.

A TV crew from L.A.'s NBC affiliate followed the HVM crew for the entire race-day morning at the Grand Prix of Long Beach on April 19. The crew captured all the meticulous work that went into preparing the No. 13 PDVSA HVM Racing Honda Dallara from the moment the car was rolled off the truck to its arrival on pit road. The crew interviewed members of the team and driver E.J. Viso to paint a comprehensive picture of all that goes into getting a car ready for the green flag.

"I don't think the average fan knows just how much work goes into preparing a car for a race," said Keith Wiggins, HVM Racing's team principal and owner. "Our crew spends long hours in the shop and long hours in the paddock at the track. And each person plays a very specific and important role in the success of the team."

The episode of "Whipnotic" featuring HVM Racing airs Saturday, May 9, at 5 p.m. and Sunday at 1:30 a.m. in the Los Angeles area. Fans outside the L.A. area can watch the episode on Whipnotic.com after the broadcast.

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Tue May 12, 2009 1:12 pm

Herbalife
Expands Sponsorship of Viso and Begins New Partnership with HVM; "Weight Challenge" Partner Accelerating Involvement in Racing

Indianapolis, Indiana (May 11, 2009) -- HVM Racing, E.J. Viso and Herbalife are taking their relationship a big step further. The three parties are pleased to announce that the nutrition company is extending its personal sponsorship of driver E.J. Viso and beginning a new team sponsorship with HVM. The new agreements begin with the Indy 500 and will cover the remainder of the 2009 IndyCar Series season.

Herbalife announced its personal sponsorship of Viso in March and soon after partnered with HVM in its "Gotta Be Fit to Be in the Pit" team weight-loss challenge. With its expanded involvement, Herbalife will now have its name on Viso's No. 13 Honda Dallara as well as additional assets for all 2009 races.

"Herbalife was a personal sponsor of E.J.'s and we worked to help them activate their sponsorship with him, and now we are very happy to have them join the official roster of the HVM team," said Keith Wiggins, HVM Racing team principal and owner. "This three-way partnership is going to be beneficial to everyone, including our individual crew members who are working to improve their nutrition and fitness under Herbalife's guidance."

"I am excited to expand our partnership with Herbalife," said Viso. "I have been using Herbalife products for more than 10 years. Having the company put its support behind me, and now my team, is great! I hope it will lead to even bigger things with me, HVM Racing and the entire IndyCar Series."

"We started with the personal sponsorship with E.J., who is a terrific brand ambassador for our company," said Herbalife Chairman and CEO Michael O. Johnson. "The crew's weight-loss challenge helped everyone get involved and get fit, and now we're proud to sponsor the entire team. I know our Distributors around the world will be excited to be involved with the entire HVM Racing team."

The HVM Racing team is in Indianapolis participating in the month-long activity leading up to the May 24 Indianapolis 500.

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Tue May 12, 2009 1:24 pm

HVM Racing Launches New Web Site; HVMRacing.com Sports New Look, Offers Latest Team News

Indianapolis, Indiana (May 11, 2009) -- HVM Racing fans can get all the latest team news, inside information and photos online at the brand new HVMracing.com( www.HVMracing.com ). The team's Web site has a new URL and an updated design that showcases race-day action photos.

The new HVMracing.com opens to a Welcome Page that always includes the latest team news, a recap of the previous race and a preview of the next race.

Ever wonder how much fuel an IndyCar can hold? Or did you know there are 13 components to a driver's helmet? The Indy Tech section on HVMracing.com will give you an inside look and answer your technical questions.

Want to display your team support? HVMracing.com has downloadable PC wallpapers to put team images on your desktop. Other sections feature team history and bios, photos from IndyCar Series events, marketing opportunities and a media room.

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Mon May 18, 2009 1:21 am

Indy 500: HVM Racing Third Day Qualifying report

HVM Racing put both of its cars tentatively into the starting field Saturday for the Indianapolis 500, with E.J. Viso's No. 13 PDVSA Honda Dallara qualifying in the 29th position and Nelson Philippe's No. 00 i drive green Honda Dallara sitting on the bubble in the 33rd position. The team is now preparing to defend and improve those positions on Bump Day.

Weather was a significant factor on the track today and once again contributed to the drama of Indy 500 qualifying. Rain showers came down as Viso sat at the front of the qualifying line waiting to start the session, forcing the Indy Racing League to postpone track activity and send the team back to the garage for nearly three hours.

When the showers cleared and the sun appeared, the No. 13 team returned to the qualifying line, but strong winds made for challenging driving conditions. Viso ran lap times of 220.452, 219.573, 220.188 and 219.673 for an average of 219.971.

Philippe took the No. 00 car out for its first qualifying run shortly after Viso and battled similar difficult conditions. He ran laps of 216.976, 218.637, 218.213 and 218.311 for an average of 218.032.

When the final gun fired, Viso was in 29th position and Philippe in 33rd. Both cars are prepared to hit the track on Bump Day to ensure their places in the field and potentially move up in the grid.

Comments from HVM Racing Team Principal and Owner Keith Wiggins after qualifying at the Indy 500:

"We are glad to have both cars in the field as of today, but we know what Bump Day will bring tomorrow.

"The winds made things a bit difficult today so we are hoping for calmer conditions tomorrow. But regardless of what the weather brings, we will be prepared and look forward to putting two cars in the show."

Comments from PDVSA HVM Racing Driver E.J. Viso after qualifying at the Indy 500:

"The weather played a tough role for everyone today. It was quite windy -- gusts over 27 miles an hour -- and it was making Corner 2 quite difficult to drive. It was pushing me out of the corner. We prefer to keep the car in one piece, so that just makes us need to work a little harder for tomorrow.

"Tomorrow we will need to risk a bit more and trim out the car. It's the only way we can find some speed."

Comments from i drive green HVM Racing Driver Nelson Philippe after qualifying at the Indy 500:

"I'm happy I'm in the field. I also know it doesn't mean anything because obviously tomorrow is Bump Day and I'll be the first guy to be bumped. The good thing is that because we were in line at the end of the day today I will be the first in line tomorrow.

"The most important thing is to qualify. We just want to be in the show."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Tue May 19, 2009 1:21 am

In a drama-filled Bump Day, HVM Racing successfully kept its two cars on the starting grid of the 2009 Indianapolis 500, with both E.J. Viso's No. 13 PDVSA Honda Dallara and Nelson Philippe's No. 00 i drive green Honda Dallara qualifying for the "Greatest Spectacle in Racing."

Viso will start in the middle of Row 10 after running an average speed of 221.164 miles per hour in his late-afternoon qualifying run. He ran laps of 221.441, 221.228, 221.132 and 220.854.

Philippe, the first driver to make a qualifying run in today's session, will start in Row 11 directly behind Viso after posting an average lap time of 220.754. He ran laps of 220.596, 220.968, 220.759 and 220.692.

As the minutes ticked down toward the final gun and more cars ran last-ditch efforts to make the field, both HVM drivers were prepared to make additional qualifying runs if needed. But their speeds held and the session ended with HVM celebrating two entries into next week's race.

Comments from HVM Racing Team Principal and Owner Keith Wiggins after Indy 500 Bump Day:

"Bump Day brought a lot of drama and excitement but, in the end, I am glad to say we have two cars in the race. The drivers and crews for both cars did a great job of adapting to the changing conditions and playing the ‘chess game' that plays out as qualifying time runs down.

"Now that we know both cars are confirmed, we can go back to working on our race strategy and setup for this week and Carb Day."

Comments from PDVSA HVM Racing Driver E.J. Viso after Indy 500 Bump Day:

"As expected, we knew we had the pace in the car to qualify. We always had a bit of pressure because, even if we knew we could get in, we were not in yet. It's a shame that it came down to the last day. I think it would have been such a bigger relief to have this job done last week.

"I'm happy to be in the race. Last year we had a very good performance and I'm sure this year is going to be even better."

Comments from i drive green HVM Racing Driver Nelson Philippe after Indy 500 Bump Day:

"I have never been so relieved after two intense weeks of practice and qualifying. I am so happy to be a part of the show.

"It was really nerve-wracking there at the end. But at the end of the day, we are in the show, we're qualified. I'm really looking forward to driving the i drive green HVM car to the front."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sun May 24, 2009 9:36 pm

HVM Racing Drops Its Spare Tires -- and Then Some; Team Exceeds Goal in Two-Month Weight-Loss Challenge

Indianapolis, Ind. (May 22, 2009) -- HVM Racing is officially fit to be in the pit. The pit-crew members successfully dropped 107 pounds in a two-month weight-loss challenge -- seven pounds beyond their goal of 100.

The HVM team kicked off the "Gotta Be Fit to Be in the Pit" challenge at the IndyCar Series season opener in St. Petersburg on April 5. HVM driver E.J. Viso and Luigi Gratton, M.D., of Herbalife, a sponsor of HVM and Viso, encouraged the crew members to lose weight for their own well-being and to ensure strong performance in the pit.

Dr. Gratton offered medical guidance and Herbalife nutritional products throughout the challenge to help the team meet its goal. Herbalife is rewarding the trimmed-down crew members this week with new race uniforms.

"Herbalife has been a great partner to work with and this weight-loss challenge has been a good thing for everyone involved," said Keith Wiggins, HVM Racing Team Principal and Owner. "How many team sponsors do you know that actually help improve the fitness of the team members?"

"We're proud of the team for meeting their goal and look forward to seeing them in their new uniforms," said Herbalife Chairman and CEO Michael O. Johnson. "We'll continue to support the team to live a healthy, active lifestyle."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Tue May 26, 2009 10:29 am

Indy 500: HVM Racing race report

No. 13 PDVSA HVM Racing Honda Dallara - E.J. Viso
Starting Position: 29th
Finishing Position: 24th

No. 00 i drive green HVM Racing Honda Dallara -- Nelson Philippe
Starting Position: 31st
Finishing Position: 25th

The weeks of Indy 500 activities ended on a disappointing note for HVM Racing as both of its entries in Sunday's race failed to run to the finish. Nelson Philippe's No. 00 i drive green car suffered race-ending damage after brushing the wall on Lap 131, and E.J. Viso's No. 13 PDVSA car was pulled from the track 13 laps later when it became too unstable to continue.

After starting in the 29th position, Viso had moved up to 24th after 38 laps when he reported a loose rear tire. As the team worked to correct the problem over multiple pit stops, Viso fell four laps back. After the problem reoccurred later in the race, Viso tried to regain lost ground once again, but he reported that issues with the car's handling were too difficult to overcome. The team determined the car was not stable enough to stay on the track and retired from the race on Lap 144. Viso finished 24th.

Philippe started in the 31st position and had gradually climbed up to 22nd with a consistent pace over the first half of the race. But on Lap 131, the driver was forced up the track by another car and brushed the wall in Turn 4. The right side of the No. 00 car suffered enough damage that it could not return to the track. Philippe finished 25th.

The finishes are disappointing for the teams, which both overcame appearances "on the bubble" during qualifying with strong second runs to secure their starting positions on the Indy 500 grid.

Comments from HVM Racing Team Principal and Owner Keith Wiggins after the Indy 500:

"We definitely have some work to do. We have had some promising qualifying efforts over the early part of the season, but then each time something happens on the track.

"The Indy 500 is such a great event for the whole month, and it's just disappointing to end it this way."

Comments from PDVSA HVM Racing Driver E.J. Viso after the Indy 500:

"Since Lap 1, the car was tough to drive. It was very insecure in traffic, but I tried my best for a couple of stints. And after that, I just felt that something was loose in the rear. So we stopped, changed it, went out again, tried to fix the setup a little bit. We improved a little bit for three or four stints, but it became loose again.

"I'm a bit disappointed with this result because I really thought our pace was going to be a lot better after spending three weeks and so many miles on the track, and I thought we were going to have at least as good a car as last year, but that didn't happen obviously. Not much to say other than that. I'm just looking forward to the next race. It's a shame that after so much preparation, the result didn't come."

Comments from i drive green HVM Racing Driver Nelson Philippe after the Indy 500:

"I was coming out of the pits and I got passed by a few cars. And, I'm not sure who it was, but someone put me in the marbles and there was no catching the car from there. It was an unfortunate end to a pretty good day.

"But I think overall I learned a lot. I'm disappointed this was only a one-race deal because I feel like I had a great connection with my engineer and would like to be back working with him again. I hope I can find the funds to do more racing with these guys because I know we could do a really good job."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sun May 31, 2009 11:54 am

No. 13 PDVSA HVM Racing Honda Dallara - E.J. Viso
Lap Time: 1:30.9274 total lap time
Speed: 160.744 miles per hour
Qualifying Position: 17th

HVM Racing will have the opportunity to make some moves through the field tomorrow, as the No. 13 PDVSA HVM Honda Dallara will start in the 17th position for the ABC Supply/AJ Foyt 225 at the Milwaukee Mile. E.J. Viso qualified the car Saturday afternoon with a total lap time of 1:30.9274 and an average speed of 160.744 miles per hour.

After posting a speed of 163.78 in the morning practice session, the team made some adjustments to try to make the car perform more consistently through all four turns of the one mile-oval. But when Viso went out in the fourth slot of afternoon qualifying, the car could not resume the pace, posting lap times of 23.0394, 22.6623, 22.5971 and 22.6285.

Viso has a history of passing from the back of the pack, so the 13 car will be one to watch on Sunday when the green flag drops at 3:50 ET.

Comments from HVM Racing Team Principal and Owner Keith Wiggins after qualifying at the Milwaukee Mile:

"We obviously don't want to qualify that far back, but we hope to make some changes to put a better car on the grid tomorrow and give E.J. a chance to move up. We have had some disappointing finishes this year, so we are definitely looking for a stronger run tomorrow."