2009 IRL Team Reports: Andretti-Green Racing

IRL Team reports for the 2009 IRL season

Moderator: mlittle

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sun May 10, 2009 1:00 pm

INDIANAPOLIS, Indiana (May 9, 2009) - Andretti Green Racing drivers Danica Patrick, Tony Kanaan and Marco Andretti qualified for the 93rd Indianapolis 500.

Patrick, driver of the #7 Boost Mobile/Motorola car, will start in the 10th position. Kanaan, driver of the #11 Team 7-Eleven entry, will start sixth. Andretti, driver of the #26 Team Venom Energy car, will start in the eighth position. Mutoh, who drives the #27 Formula Dream car, 12th fastest but didn't qualify in the top 11.

Driver: Danica Patrick
Car: #7 Boost Mobile Dallara/Honda/Firestone

Danica Patrick: "I'm happy that the #7 car got into the top ten; however, I'm disappointed we weren't able to make a last minute attempt for a higher position. The track seemed to be getting better as the day went on and I was really hopeful that the Boost Mobile/Motorola car could have qualified with on the first two rows. I'm relieved to have Pole Day behind us so we can work on building a strong race car."

Driver: Tony Kanaan
Car: #11 Team 7-Eleven Dallara/Honda/Firestone

Tony Kanaan: "I think it was a good day for the #11 car. The whole AGR team worked really hard helping me to get a new car ready for today. I owe Hideki and everyone a big thank you. Team 7-Eleven put in a great effort and was able to build an entire car overnight. I'm glad that qualifying is behind us; now it's time to move on and focus on race set ups."

Driver: Marco Andretti
Car: #26 Team Venom Energy Dallara/Honda/Firestone

Marco Andretti: "As we suspected it was a stressful day for Team Venom Energy, and for the entire field I think. I'm not completely satisfied with were we ended up in today's qualifying, but we just have to put it behind us. We came here to win the race and we still have a chance at that. Now we can get to work on building a race car that will keep us up front."

Driver: Hideki Mutoh
Car: #27 Formula Dream Dallara/Honda/Firestone

Hideki Mutoh: "I need to thank the entire #27 crew for working so hard to improve the car all day. We were so close to making it into the top eleven. I am confident that we can qualify at the top of the group tomorrow. I am disappointed, but we still have a lot of time before the race. I'll continue to do my best and I think the Formula Dream car can still be competitive."
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Tue May 12, 2009 1:02 pm

INDIANAPOLIS, Indiana (May 10, 2009) - Andretti Green Racing driver Hideki Mutoh qualified for the 93rd Indianapolis 500.

Mutoh, driver of the #27 Formula Dream car, will start in the 16th position in the Indianapolis 500 on Sunday, May 24th. Danica Patrick, Tony Kanaan and Marco Andretti used the afternoon track availability as a practice session.

Danica Patrick: "The Boost Mobile/Motorola car is heading in the right direction. I'm happy with the changes we've been making. The car is much more balanced but I think we still have work to do before race day. I'm glad to have a couple days off to relax and recharge. We'll get back at it next week."

Tony Kanaan: "The Team 7-Eleven crew is much more relaxed now that qualifying is out of the way. We are in the mentality of racing now and working toward race day set up. Most of today was spent testing and seeing what we have in the car and what to work on. I'm looking forward to a quick trip home to see my son and then getting back next week to keep learning more about the #11 car."

Marco Andretti: "I'm happy with our first post qualifying practice day in the #26 car. We're learning a lot about the set up, some helpful things and maybe some not, but we're able to check things off our list. That's what practice and testing is all about. I think we hit the ground with a good base line and it's just about small changes from there. Having the next couple days off is nice, it will give us a chance to take a step back and really think about where we are, but I'm looking forward to Team Venom Energy getting back on track next week."

Hideki Mutoh: "I'm glad to be done qualifying and to get the chance to work on race set up. The track today was much calmer than yesterday and we were able to run some practice laps later in the day. The car felt good and I'm looking forward to the chance to work on making chances and finding an even better car for the race."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sat May 16, 2009 10:40 am

Indy 500: Andretti Green Racing Friday practice report

Car: #7 Boost Mobile/Motorola Dallara/Honda/Firestone

Danica Patrick: "The #7 guys are working real hard to find more speed on the car, but we just can't seem to find it anywhere. Hopefully, we will be able to take what we learned from today's practice session and have a better day tomorrow."

Tony Kanaan: "We are still looking for the right set up for Team 7-Eleven. The #11 car was able to run in traffic today which aggravated some of our problems but showed us what we need to think about overnight and work on tomorrow. We still have two days of practice left and hopefully we will be happy come Sunday and ready for race day"

Marco Andretti:
"It's been a rough day for the #26 car. We've tried several set ups, including my teammates' but haven't been able to find what we're looking for. I would say we have a lot of work to do and unfortunately we're running out of track time. Hopefully Team Venom Energy will come out with something strong tomorrow."

Hideki Mutoh: "The Formula Dream car was able to run in traffic today and practice some race simulation which helped us learn more about the car. We had some wiring problems early in the day that we have been working to fix, but I still think we have some work to do before the issue is resolved. The #27 crew will work hard to help find more speed for practice tomorrow."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Mon May 18, 2009 1:17 am

Indy 500: Andretti Green Racing Third Day Qualifying report

Danica Patrick: "I'm okay with the decision not to run this afternoon. We only have some many tires available and miles left on the engine, so we need to make smart decisions and be sure we are using our tools efficiently. We only have two more practice days, so we need to make the most out of the time remaining. Hope the weather is in our favor tomorrow."

Tony Kanaan: "The 7-Eleven car has tried every set up imaginable so I asked my teammate Hideki (Mutoh) if I could drive his car for a practice run. They had a different set up than I did and I wanted to compare the two cars. I think as a team we are still trying to find the missing link. Today was a short day for us, but it was still a learning day. We're not quite where we need to be for the race, but I think we are getting closer each day, and tomorrow is a new day."

Marco Andretti: "Because of the weather, the #26 car was only able to run for a short amount of time this morning and with the air temperature was so cool, I think we had more downforce than we would normally. The car was really easy to drive but we still didn't have the speed that we needed. Team Venom Energy will have to wait until tomorrow to see where we really stand."

Hideki Mutoh: "The #27 isn't quite ready for the race but we are getting closer. The guys worked hard and were able to fix the wiring problems. Unfortunately, we weren't able to get much track time in today. I wasn't happy with the way the car was handling and the speed we were running and Tony (Kanaan) was able to reaffirm some of the things I was telling my crew. I am thankful to have a teammate like Tony who can drive my car and give such good feedback. I think tomorrow will be an important day for the Formula Dream car."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Tue May 19, 2009 1:19 am

Indy 500: Andretti Green Racing Bump Day report

Danica Patrick: "The #7 car had a fairly consistent afternoon. One of our last runs was one of our best, we ran in traffic, the car felt good and the conditions today were more race-like. I feel good about going into the final practice on Friday and hopefully it will be a strong one."

Tony Kanaan: "I think we made more progress on the 7-Elven car today. We saved the best practice session for today, so I'm happy. There is still a week until race day, and we need to make a few small changes on the car, but we have to trust what we have done so far. The #11 crew have worked really hard this month and I can't think them enough for their efforts."

Marco Andretti: "The Team Venom Energy car felt good today and I think we are only minor changes away for being ready for the race. The #26 boys have been working really hard and deserve the next couple of days off. I'm looking forward to the final practice on Friday."

Hideki Mutoh: "The Formula Dream team had a few problems earlier today, but we were able to figure them out and get them fixed, so I am happy with the car. We only have one more day to practice before the race so our goal was to run as much as possible; I think we had pretty good amount of track time today so we accomplished our goal. We learned a lot about the car, so I'm very happy."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Fri May 22, 2009 2:32 pm

Indy 500: Andretti Green Racing preview

Car
: #7 Boost Mobile/Motorola Dallara/Honda/Firestone

Danica Patrick Facts: -Patrick will start 10th in the 2009 Indianapolis 500.

-Patrick is coming off a fifth-place finish at the 2009 Road Runner Indy 300 from Kansas Speedway. -Patrick won her first IndyCar Series race in 2008 at the Indy Japan 300.

-Patrick had three top-five and nine top-10 finishes in 2008 and finished sixth in the final IndyCar Series point standings. -Patrick is currently sixth in the 2009 championship standings.

Danica Patrick on the 2009 Indianapolis 500:
"I'm really excited but on the other hand nervous at the same time. There is so much history behind this race and it's the race that everyone wants to win, so it always waits in the back of our mind. I have been fortunate enough to be close to winning this race in the past, and I hope this year is no different. The team has worked hard all month, so hopefully it pays off in the end with a win."

Tony Kanaan Facts

-Kanaan will start sixth in the 2009 Indianapolis 500.

-Captured his first podium finish in 2009 at the Grand Prix
of Long Beach, with a third place finish.

-Finished third in the 2008 IndyCar Series championship.

-Has led over 2,500 laps throughout his IndyCar Series career.

-Captured 11 top-five finishes during the 2008 IndyCar Series season.

-Kanaan is currently leading the 2009 championship standings.

Tony Kanaan on the 2009 Indianapolis 500:
"I have to be honest, I'm really excited for Sunday to get here. It has been a long month and a lot of work and I just want race day to get here. I think we have a strong car and I feel confident that Team 7-Eleven is ready."

Marco Andretti Facts:

-Andretti will start eighth in the 2009 Indianapolis 500.

-Andretti drove to a sixth-place result in the 2009 Road Runner Indy 300 at Kansas Speedway.

-Andretti finished the 2008 IndyCar Series season seventh in point standings with 363 points.

-Won his first career pole position when he claimed the pole at Milwaukee (2008), the same place where his father (Michael) recorded his first pole position.

-Captured six top-five finishes during the 2008 IndyCar Series season.

Marco Andretti on the 2009 Indianapolis 500:
"I'm really looking forward to the race this year. I feel that the Venom Energy car is 100 percent ready for race day. The whole team has worked really hard this month to get us to this point, so I hope it all pays off on Sunday."

Hideki Mutoh Facts:

-Mutoh will start 16th in the 2009 Indianapolis 500.

-Mutoh is in his second season at Andretti Green Racing.

-Mutoh captured the 2008 Bombardier Learjet Rookie of the Year award by finishing 10th in the IndyCar Series championship.

Hideki Mutoh on the 2009 Indianapolis 500:
"It's a strange feeling that the month of May is almost over and the race is this weekend. I enjoyed every single day that I was able to be on track. The Indianapolis 500 is such a historical race and I'm very honored to be a part of the race again this year. I looking forward to the final practice and race day."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sun May 24, 2009 9:34 pm

Indy 500: Andretti Green Racing Carb Day practice report

Danica Patrick: "I think we had a good final practice today. We were able to work through the hour practice, which was great since there were no yellows. We made a couple changes and I think we have a couple of options we could go with for the race. I am ready for Sunday to get here and hopefully we will have a strong finish for the #7 Boost Mobile/Motorola car."

Tony Kanaan: "It was a great practice for the Team 7-Eleven car. I was surprised on how much running we were able to do in the hour practice since we had no yellows. It looks like the weather on race day is going to be similar to today so that is helpful as well. The #11 car felt good and I'm getting excited for the race."

Marco Andretti: "It was good to get the #26 car out on track, and I think the conditions and traffic today will be very similar to what they predict will be on Sunday. We didn't quite have the speed we were looking for but I am still confident that the Team Venom Energy car will be able to run strong and be a contender come race day."

Hideki Mutoh: "I'm really excited for the race on Sunday. I feel like we are getting closer to the race day set-up on the car, luckily I have three teammates that will give the #27 Formula Dream crew their input as well. Hopefully the track conditions that we practiced on today will be similar on race day."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Tue May 26, 2009 10:28 am

Indy 500: Andretti Green Racing race report

INDIANAPOLIS, Indiana (May 24, 2009) - Andretti Green Racing drivers Danica Patrick, Tony Kanaan, Marco Andretti and Hideki Mutoh completed the fourth race of the 2009 IndyCar Series season, the 2009 Indianapolis 500, the 93rd running of the world-famous race at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway.

Danica Patrick: Started 10th, finished 3rd

"The Boost Mobile/Motorola guys did a great job in the pits today and we had great stops all day. I had a really strong car for the last few stints and would have loved to see the last 35 laps raced green. I know we would have had no issues making it to the end without stopping. I was happy to keep the #7 car up front toward the end of the day. It was a great race for the fans and I'm happy for Helio (Castroneves); he was super fast all day."

Tony Kanaan: Started 6th, finished 27th

"The race didn't end the way we hoped it would for Team 7-Eleven. Something on the car broke in the middle of the straightaway and I hit head on going into turn three. It's always sad to be out of a race but I'm happy that I walked away; it was a nasty, nasty crash. I have to thank the Delphi Safety Crew and the IRL; that was a 180 mile per hour, head-on hit and I'm still standing."

Marco Andretti: Started 8th, finished 30th

"Today's results were really unfortunate for the #26 car. I'm disappointed for the Venom boys; I think we would have been quick today. We worked hard all month to find a good car and now we'll never know what we truly had today. We just have to move forward and hopefully we'll have a few more shots at winning here. Next weekend is a new race and we'll be ready."

Hideki Mutoh: Started 16th, finished 10th

"The #27 car was really good but on the other hand, I was hoping for a better finish. I think that with better luck in the pits we had a great chance at finishing in the top-five. The Formula Dream crew worked so hard and I'm very thankful to be part of a team with so much dedication. I learned a lot today and it was great to drive such a fantastic car. I'm looking forward to Milwaukee next weekend."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sat May 30, 2009 8:00 am

Milwaukee: Andretti Green Racing preview

Danica Patrick Facts:
-Patrick finished third at the 2009 Indianapolis 500, her highest career finish in that event.

-Patrick is currently sixth in the championship points standings, just 13 points behind leader.

-Patrick won her first IndyCar Series race in 2008 at the Indy Japan 300.

-Patrick had three top-five and nine top-10 finishes in 2008 and finished sixth in the final IndyCar Series point standings.

Danica Patrick on the ABC Supply/A.J. Foyt 225: "I'm looking forward to the Milwaukee race. I have always enjoyed the track, it's fun. The key to this track is having a strong, solid car from the start. Eddie (Jones) and I have been working hard to get this accomplished. We are coming off a strong race weekend from the (Indianapolis) 500, so I hope we are able to continue the streak this weekend, and get the Boost Mobile/Motorola car into victory circle."

Tony Kanaan Facts:
-Captured his first podium finish in 2009 at the Grand Prix of Long Beach, with a third-place finish. -Kanaan is currently fifth in the championship points standings, just 12 points behind leader.

-Has led over 2,500 laps throughout his IndyCar Series career.

Tony Kanaan on the ABC Supply/A.J. Foyt 225: "I'm excited to get to Milwaukee. It's always great to go back to a track that you have won at, and I have two times there. Milwaukee has always been a 'pick-me-up' track, since my past few Indy 500's have been tough breaks. The Team 7-Eleven car is always strong in Milwaukee and hopefully the trend is the same this year."

Marco Andretti Facts:
-Andretti is currently 10th in the championship points standings, 39 points behind the leader.

-Won his first career pole position when he claimed the pole at Milwaukee (2008), the same place where his father (Michael) recorded his first pole position.

-Andretti drove to a sixth-place result in the 2009 Road Runner Indy 300 at Kansas Speedway.

-Andretti finished the 2008 IndyCar Series season seventh in point standings with 363 points.

-Captured six top-five finishes during the 2008 IndyCar Series season.

Marco Andretti on the ABC Supply/A.J. Foyt 225: "I'm looking forward to returning to Milwaukee. The 26 car was on pole for the race there last year, unfortunately we were involved in a wreck that ended our day early. I'd say we have some unfinished business, for sure, and I think Team Venom Energy is going to be a contender come race day."

Hideki Mutoh Facts:
-Mutoh is currently 13th in the championship point standings.

-Mutoh posted a 10th place finish in last weekend's Indy 500, which was his second top 10 at Indy in two career starts.

-Mutoh is in his second season at Andretti Green Racing.

-Mutoh captured the 2008 Bombardier Learjet Rookie of the Year award by finishing 10th in the IndyCar Series championship.

Hideki Mutoh on the ABC Supply/A.J. Foyt 225: "It is a strange feeling that the month of May is over and we are back to a normal race weekend but I am looking forward to the race in Milwaukee. I had a suspension problem last year and couldn't finish in a good position so I hope I can get a better result this year."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sun May 31, 2009 11:48 am

MILWAUKEE, Wisconsin (May 30, 2009) - Andretti Green Racing drivers Danica Patrick, Tony Kanaan and Marco Andretti qualified for the ABC Supply Co./A.J. Foyt Indy 225.

Patrick, driver of the #7 Boost Mobile/Motorola car, will start in the seventh position. Kanaan, driver of the #11 Team 7-Eleven entry, will start third. Andretti, driver of the #26 Team Venom Energy car, will start in the 13th position. Mutoh, who drives the #27 Formula Dream car, sixth fastest.

Danica Patrick:

"I was hoping for a better qualifying run and felt the #7 car was strong enough to qualify into the top-five. We have a stable, strong car and hopefully we can work our way through the field tomorrow and stay out of trouble. I have started in the last row before here at the (Milwaukee) Mile and made it into the top-five without a pit stop, so I'm still confident we can have a great race tomorrow."

Tony Kanaan:

"I have to thank the whole AGR team, the safety crews, and my personal trainer Ryan (Harber) for not only getting me back together but also rebuilding the car in time. While I'm not 100 percent back together, I'm here and very thankful for that. Qualifying went well today for Team 7-Eleven and I think we will be competitive tomorrow. Hopefully we can get this car into victory circle at the end of the race."

Marco Andretti:

"I am a little disappointed with where we qualified; we thought the #26 car would be a little higher in the starting grid, but then again we didn't really focus on a qualifying set up during practice today. I think with the compressed schedule we really wanted to focus on the race day set up. It's always good to start up front, but being in the front doesn't do any good if you don't have a strong enough car to keep you there. We qualified on the pole last year, but weren't able to stay in the lead because the car wasn't stable enough, so this year we are hoping to have learned from that. I'm confident we have a car that will be able to get us through traffic and keep Team Venom Energy up front."

Hideki Mutoh:

"We had a good run today; we were quick in the morning session but then struggled with a fuel leak at the end of practice. The #27 guys worked really hard to get the issue fixed in time for qualifying. I'm excited for the race tomorrow and hope to have a good solid finish."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:26 am

MILWAUKEE, Wisconsin (May 31, 2009) - Andretti Green Racing drivers Danica Patrick, Tony Kanaan, Marco Andretti and Hideki Mutoh completed the fifth race of the 2009 IndyCar Series season, the ABC Supply Co./A.J. Foyt Indy 225, at the Milwaukee Mile.

Danica Patrick: Started 7th, finished 5th

"It was a great result for the #7 car. I was hoping we were going to be able to get by Graham (Rahal) at the end, but just couldn't get it done. I had a strong car all weekend so I'm happy with the top-five finish. We have been really consistent so far this year, and that's what important when you are working towards the championship. I'm looking forward to Texas and hope to keep the momentum going."

Tony Kanaan: Started 3rd, finished 19th

"It was a tough day for the #11 team. We hard such a strong car so I was confident that we would have a strong finish. We don't know what happened to the car, but it caught fire, so we need to do some research on that situation. It was a hard month and I was hoping we would bounce back with a great race here, but unfortunately that's not the case. The 7-Eleven team has worked so hard getting the car put back together from the wreck in Indy and now they have to get the car turned back around for next week's race in Texas. Hopefully we will have a great result next week to show-off their efforts."

Marco Andretti: Started 13th, finished 7th

"The #26 car was strong today and it's a shame we weren't able to show it with a higher finish. We got caught up in some traffic near the end and were boxed in. I definitely think we were capable of a top-five finish. The Venom boys did a great job all day and I'm looking forward to Texas next weekend."

Hideki Mutoh: Started 6th, finished 8th

"It's a good result for the Formula Dream crew and we scored some points for the championship. The car felt good and everyone is working really hard, it's just that we need some luck on the track and in the pits. I'm excited for Texas and hope we have a great race next weekend."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:26 am

Texas: Andretti Green Racing preview

Who: Andretti Green Racing drivers Danica Patrick, Tony Kanaan, Marco Andretti and Hideki Mutoh
What: Bombardier Learjet 500, Round 6 of the 2009 IndyCar Series
Where: Texas Motor Speedway, Fort Worth, Texas
When: Saturday, June 6, 2009, 9:40 p.m. (EDT)
Television: Versus, Saturday, June 6, 2009, 9 p.m. (EDT)

Danica Patrick Facts:
-Patrick is coming off of a fifth-place finish at The Milwaukee Mile, her fourth top-five finish so far this season.
-Patrick finished third at the 2009 Indianapolis 500, her highest career finish in that event.
-Patrick is currently fourth in the championship points standings.
-Patrick won her first IndyCar Series race in 2008 at the Indy Japan 300.
-Patrick had three top-five and nine top-10 finishes in 2008 and finished sixth in the final IndyCar Series point standings.

Danica Patrick on the Bombardier Learjet 500: "I think we are ready and confident for the race this weekend in Texas. We have had a great season so far and hope to keep the momentum going. Our goal is to continue to have strong finishes and keep gaining as many points as possible each weekend for the championship."

Tony Kanaan Facts:
-Captured his first podium finish in 2009 at the Grand Prix of Long Beach, with a third-place finish.
-Kanaan is currently seventh in the championship points standings.
-Has led over 2,500 laps throughout his IndyCar Series career and won the 2004 IndyCar Series championship.

Tony Kanaan on the Bombardier Learjet 500: "The past couple races has been tough for me and the 7-Eleven guys, so I'm hoping we can turn the situation around at the Texas Motor Speedway. The track has always been good to me and it will be a '7-Eleven home race' for us so I hope we can bring home a victory."

Marco Andretti Facts:
-Andretti is currently ninth in the championship points standings.

Marco Andretti on the Bombardier Learjet 500: "Texas is always a great race and I'm looking forward to going back. I think we've learned some things on the last two oval events that will benefit the #26 car this weekend. We were running great in Texas last year and were really moving through traffic until the wreck, so I'm eager to return and this time hopefully have a strong finish for Team Venom Energy."

Hideki Mutoh Facts:
-Mutoh is currently 12th in the championship point standings.
-Mutoh posted a 10th place finish in the 2009 Indianapolis 500, which was his second top 10 at the 500 in two career starts.
-Mutoh heads to Texas riding a string of three-straight top-10 finishes.

Hideki Mutoh on the Bombardier Learjet 500: "I had a pretty good race in Texas last year, so I am looking forward to this weekend's race. It will be the first night race this year so I think it's going to be a nice change of pace for us. I finished sixth last year, but I hope the #27 car make it into the top-five come checkered flag on Saturday."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:06 am

Texas: Andretti Green Racing Thursday report

"So far this weekend has started exactly the way I hoped it would. The Boost Mobile/Motorola car unloaded fast and felt very comfortable in traffic. The bottom line is that Eddie (Jones) and Marco (Andretti) were able to set up a very good car last year. We ran their 2008 race set up and didn't change a thing for tonight's session. I'm really excited for the rest of the weekend and think we'll be strong Saturday."

"Tonight was a frustrating practice for Team 7-Eleven. Today we started with the same set up we used at Indy; we had a few problems with it there and I think the same problems have found us tonight. We have an idea of what we're up against and the #11 crew will work hard to get us where we need to be for qualifying tomorrow."

"I think tonight's practice session went well for the #26 car; we got everything accomplished that we had hoped. We started with the same set up we used for the race here last year and were able to make few improvements. I think Team Venom Energy is heading in the right direction and will be a contender come race day."

Hideki Mutoh:

"I think that so far we have the beginning of a good race car. We focused today's practice on the race set up rather than a qualifying set up for the #27 car. Tomorrow we will work on finding the speed we need for qualifying. Overall I think we are getting closer."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:33 am

FORT WORTH, Texas (June 5, 2009) - Andretti Green Racing drivers Danica Patrick, Tony Kanaan and Marco Andretti qualified for Saturday's Bombardier Learjet 550 at the Texas Motor Speedway.

Patrick, driver of the #7 Boost Mobile/Motorola car, will start in the fifth position. Kanaan, driver of the #11 Team 7-Eleven entry, will start 16th. Andretti, driver of the #26 Team Venom Energy car, will start in the eighth position. Mutoh, who drives the #27 Formula Dream car, is 11th fastest.

Danica Patrick:

"The car felt really good as soon as I went out. We made a few small changes to the car for the qualifying run that were helpful. We are trying to have as many options for the Boost Mobile/Motorola car as we can. I wish we could've held on to the pole, but I think we are going to be really competitive tomorrow night."

Tony Kanaan:

"It's been a very challenging weekend for the Team 7-Eleven car. We are not were we want to be; the car felt slow during the qualifying run. I know the #11 guys have been working really hard and I know they are just as frustrated. We have some work to do before tomorrow night."

Marco Andretti:

"I'm content with were we qualified tonight. We didn't put a heavy focus on the qualifying set up for the #26 car and during our run we had a problem with the roll bar. I had to make adjustments every lap, which I think cost us some time. Overall not bad for the Venom boys, I think we'll be competitive and make our way through traffic without problems. I look forward to the race."

Hideki Mutoh:

"I'm happy with today's qualifying run. We focused most of our practice on the race set-up and I think we have a really good car for the race. I did well here last year, so hopefully we can do the same come tomorrow night."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:17 am

FORT WORTH, Texas (June 6, 2009) - Andretti Green Racing drivers Danica Patrick, Tony Kanaan, Marco Andretti and Hideki Mutoh completed the six race of the 2009 IndyCar Series season, the Bombardier Learjet 550, at the Texas Motor Speedway.

Danica Patrick: Started 5th, finished 6th
"We had a strong car all weekend and then during the race, the steering became really heavy, it just wasn't the car we started with. I wish we could have had a top-five finish, but Marco passed me at the end far and square. Overall, I'm content with the sixth place finish for the Boost Mobile/Motorola car."

Tony Kanaan: Started 16th, finished 8th
"It has been the most difficult past three weeks for Team 7-Eleven, but we hung in there and kept our heads up. I wish we had a better finish tonight, but we finished the race with no issues, the guys did a great job in the pits and I did my job on the track. I happy to have an off week and I think we could use the rest, but look forward to getting back in the car in Iowa."

Marco Andretti: Started 8th, finished 4th
"I happy to get the #26 car a top-five finish, we have been working really hard this season and our efforts finally paid off for the Venom. We struggled on the restarts but seemed to get stronger on the longer stints, but unfortunately we were fighting traffic at the end and didn't have enough time to get a higher finish."

Hideki Mutoh: Started 11th, finished 20th
"A frustrating day for the #27 car; we really focused this weekend on the race set-up but unfortunately we had electrical issues and had to cut our night short. I think we had a strong car and would have been competitive if we were able to finish the race. Glad to have an off weekend, but look forward to Iowa in a couple of weeks."