Moderator: mlittle

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

2009 IRL Team Reports: Andretti-Green Racing

Post by mlittle » Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:57 am

Who: Andretti Green Racing drivers, Patrick, Kanaan, Andretti, Mutoh

What: Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg, Round 1 of the 2009 IndyCar Series

Where: The Streets of St. Petersburg, St. Petersburg, Fla.
When: Sunday, April 5, 2009, 2:45 p.m. (EDT)
Television: Versus, Sunday, April 5, 2009, 2 p.m. (EDT)

Driver: Danica Patrick
Car: #7 Motorola Dallara/Honda/Firestone

Danica Patrick Facts:

-Patrick finished sixth in the 2008 IndyCar Series championship.

-Patrick won her first IndyCar Series race in 2008 at the Indy Japan 300.

-Patrick had three top-five and nine top-10 finishes in 2008, her second season with Andretti Green Racing.

Danica Patrick on the Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg:

"I have to say that I'm really looking forward to going to St. Pete this year. In the years past, I have not always had a strong finish at that particular track, but I feel that I have gotten better and more confident on the street courses. We have had a couple successful tests and hopefully we found what we need to get the Motorola car a strong finish for the first race of the 2009 season."

Driver: Tony Kanaan
Car: #11 Team 7-Eleven Dallara/Honda/Firestone

Tony Kanaan Facts

-Finished third in the 2008 IndyCar Series championship.

-Has led over 2,500 laps throughout his racing career.

-Captured 11 top-five finishes during the 2008 IndyCar Series season.

Tony Kanaan on the Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg:

"I'm not only looking forward to the first race of the season, but looking forward to going to the Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg. The particular track is very challenging and we never know what to exactly expect until we get in the car and out on the track. The Team 7-Eleven car has had some great finishes there and hopefully we will have another great finish later this week."

Driver: Marco Andretti
Car: #26 Meijer Dallara/Honda/Firestone

Marco Andretti Facts:

-Andretti finished the 2008 IndyCar Series season seventh in point standings with 363 points.

-Became the youngest pole position winner when he claimed his first pole at Milwaukee (2008), the same place where is father (Michael) recorded his first pole position.

-Andretti is starting his fourth year at Andretti Green Racing.

-Captured six top-five finishes during the 2008 IndyCar Series season.

Marco Andretti on the Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg:

"I have never been so excited going into a season than I am now. I think the oso*freah car is very prepared but at the same time I think the team as a whole is better prepared going into the first race than ever. I hope to have a strong start to the season and keep getting stronger as the season progresses."

Driver: Hideki Mutoh
Car: #27 Formula Dream Dallara/Honda/Firestone

Hideki Mutoh Facts:

-Mutoh is starting his second season at Andretti Green Racing.

-Mutoh captured the 2008 Rookie of the Year award by finishing 10th in the IndyCar Series championship.

-Mutoh has seven top-10 finishes in the 17 races this season and eight top 10s in his 18 career starts.

Hideki Mutoh on Honda Grand Prix St. Petersburg:

"I'm very excited about the Honda Grand Prix of St. Pete. I think the track is a lot of fun but challenging at the same time. I had a good finish there last year, we finished sixth. So hopefully we are able to get the Formula Dream car an even better finish this year."
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:14 pm

Andretti-Green Racing
Friday St. Pete Report

Danica Patrick: "I would have to say we are heading in the right direction. The Motorola car got faster throughout the day, so hopefully we will be where we need to be for qualifying tomorrow."

Tony Kanaan: "It was a good day for Team 7-Eleven. We didn't run this morning in the first session, but we have a descent car, so I am pleased and looking forward to qualifying tomorrow."

Marco Andretti: "I think we looked to today as more of a test day than practice. We ran through a couple test items from things that we did throughout the off-season and got some pretty clear answers. I think we found the direction that we need to go in, and that is positive. I'm looking forward to tomorrow and hopefully we can get into the Firestone Fast Six."

Hideki Mutoh: "It is great to be back in the car, but today didn't go as well as we hoped. We tried some setups from last year as well as a few from the tests, they didn't do as well has we would have hoped. I think we need to try a few different things tomorrow and hopefully we will get the car to where it needs to be."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sun Apr 05, 2009 9:58 am

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (April 4, 2009) - Andretti Green Racing drivers Danica Patrick, Tony Kanaan, Marco Andretti and Hideki Mutoh qualified for the Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg this afternoon under a blue sky and a dry track.

Patrick, driver of the #7 Motorola car, will start in the 15th position and posted a best-lap speed of 103.141 miles per hour. Kanaan, driver of the #11 Team 7-Eleven entry, will start third with a best-lap speed of 103.746 miles per hour. Andretti, driver of the #26 oso*fresh car, turned a best-lap speed of 102.264 miles per hour and will start in the 18th position. Mutoh, who drives the #27 Formula Dream car, will start behind Andretti in the 19th position. Mutoh's best lap-speed was 102.321 miles per hour.

Danica Patrick: "I can't believe how close the qualifying order is in time. It just goes to show how deep the field is this year. I wish I would have had a few more laps on the first run, because I think I would have been able to get into the top-12 but I didn't. The Motorola car is much better than it was yesterday, so hopefully we are able to get the car up to the front and stay there tomorrow."

Tony Kanaan: "It was a pretty good day for us. We worked on the car very hard, but we were not sure if we had a top-three car this morning. After the first qualifying session we worked on the changes we needed and were able to improve the car. I am very pleased with the qualifying result but now we need to focus on the race."

Marco Andretti: "I'm definitely disappointed in our qualifying result. With the balance our car had today it just didn't favor the new alternate tires. Unfortunately, we didn't know what the alternates were going to do until we tried them during qualifying. Now we know for the future, but this really hurt us today."

Hideki Mutoh: "We made the mistake of putting the alternate tires on at the start of our qualifying run instead of closer to the end. I also made contact with the wall at one point and that didn't help. But hopefully we can make better decisions tomorrow during the race that will put us in a better position at the end of the race."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:02 pm

Andretti-Green Racing
St. Pete Post-Race Quotes

~~~ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (April 5, 2009) - Andretti Green Racing drivers Danica Patrick, Tony Kanaan, Marco Andretti and Hideki Mutoh completed the first race of the 2009 season at the Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg.

Danica Patrick: Started 15th, finished 19th
"We were having a good day so it was unfortunate that we couldn't finish. We started the day on red tires and the car needed tender loving care but I felt good. It was unfortunate that the race didn't play out the way we hoped and we weren't able to show what the Motorola car was capable of doing. It is just the first race so we will move on."

Tony Kanaan: Started 3rd, finished 5th
"It is always good to be back in St. Petersburg. I felt sorry for Graham since he got chopped at the start and had to stop in the middle of the corner. I didn't expect him to be there. It was a very tough race but that is the beauty. I was flat out from lap one and it was very competitive but that is great racing. I enjoyed racing against good drivers and it is so nice to be on the track again with my friend Dario."

Car: #26 oso*fresh Dallara/Honda/Firestone
Marco Andretti: Started 18th, finished 13th
"Coming into the race I was worried about the marbles and they ended up getting me in a bad position. I couldn't come off the last corner and had no hope for the restart. Tony got by me; all I needed to do is follow him but I got pushed back. The oso*fresh boys did a good job fixing the steering arm and our hope was to just hang in there for points. It's been a tough weekend for the #26 car. We are looking forward to a better race in Long Beach."

Hideki Mutoh: Started 19th, finished 15th
"Unfortunately, I made a few contacts during the race so the car had some damage, but it was still running pretty good. I think if I was able to finish the race, the Formula Dream car would've been in a good position. I couldn't avoid the #4 car and we were having a good day until then. It was tough to drive with the red tires, so I hope we will be able to come up with a good strategy and do better in Long Beach."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:04 pm

Andretti-Green Racing
35th Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach Preview

Danica Patrick Facts:
- Patrick finished sixth in the 2008 IndyCar Series championship.
- Patrick won her first IndyCar Series race in 2008 at the Indy Japan 300.
-Patrick had three top-five and nine top-10 finishes in 2008, her second season with Andretti Green Racing.

Danica Patrick on the Grand Prix of Long Beach:

"I'm really looking forward to Long Beach. I raced on the track years ago, but this will be my first time there as an IndyCar driver. I went to the race last year on our way back from Japan. The event has a great vibe to it, there were tons of fans and the location can't get any better. Hopefully we will have a better finish than we did in St. Pete, and I feel confident that we will. I'm getting more comfortable on street courses and I have a great crew working with to me to get the result we want and need."

Car: #11 Team 7-Eleven/Dr. Pepper Dallara/Honda/Firestone

Tony Kanaan Facts
- Finished third in the 2008 IndyCar Series championship.
- Has led over 2,500 laps throughout his racing career.
- Captured 11 top-five finishes during the 2008 IndyCar Series season.

Tony Kanaan on the Grand Prix of Long Beach:

"I can't wait to get to Long Beach, I have wonderful memories from there. My first race in the USA was at Long Beach in 1996 with Indy Lights, then in 1999 when we were CART, I got my first career pole and I cant forget that one. We had a problem with the gearbox on our primary car in the morning, so we switched to the backup car and we were 0.5 seconds quicker. So, about ten minutes before qualifying, we decided to withdraw the primary car and take a chance with the backup car. It was a gamble, but it paid off. I bet my engineers and the crew their wristwatches that I could do better than a 62.5 (seconds) and I did. They all lost their watches. This weekend marks my 100th start in the IndyCar Seroes and I'm looking forward to it."

Car: #26 The Automatic Fire Sprinklers Dallara/Honda/Firestone

Marco Andretti Facts:
- Andretti finished the 2008 IndyCar Series season seventh in point standings with 363 points.
- Won his first career pole position when he claimed the pole at Milwaukee (2008), the same place where is father (Michael) recorded his first pole position.
- Andretti is in his fourth year at Andretti Green Racing.
- Captured six top-five finishes during the 2008 IndyCar Series season.

Marco Andretti on the Grand Prix of Long Beach:

"I am really looking foward to racing in Long Beach. We didn't have the best luck in St. Pete. It's a tough weekend to come off of, but the AFS boys have worked hard to put together a good car. It's a very special place for my family, so I know I will have a lot of support going into the weekend. My father and grandfather have both won there; I really hope I can carry on the tradition and bring home a strong finish for the #26 car this weekend."

Hideki Mutoh Facts:
- Mutoh is in his second season at Andretti Green Racing.
- Mutoh captured the 2008 Bombardier Learjet Rookie of the Year award by finishing 10th in the IndyCar Series championship.
- Mutoh has seven top-10 finishes in the 17 races this season and eight top 10s in his 18 career starts.

Hideki Mutoh on the Grand Prix of Long Beach:

"I have heard great things about the Long Beach race, so I'm looking forward to it. The Formula Dream team didn't have the best luck in St. Pete but at the same time we had a good car that was capable of a better finish than we had. I hope we will use this as motivation going into the race weekend and have a strong weekend to show for it."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:42 am

Andretti-Green Racing
Friday Report

Danica Patrick: "I'm very frustrated with today's practice times. I just don't know why we can't find the speed we want but also need. The street courses have always been a challenge for me and I have thought that I have improved over the years, so I disappointed with my lap times. It's a tough pill to swallow for the Motorola crew."

Car: #11 Team 7-Eleven/Dr. Pepper Dallara/Honda/Firestone

Tony Kanaan: "It was a good day for us. We definitely found a lot of good improvements on the car and I am pleased with the afternoon session. My engineer, Allen and I are understood each other better. I am very pleased with the good relationship I have with him. This will be our third race together and I hope to get the Team 7-Eleven/Dr. Pepper car in the Firestone Fast Six at tomorrow's qualifying run."

Car: #26 AFS Dallara/Honda/Firestone

Marco Andretti: "It was a disappointing day for the #26 AFS car. Everyone seemed to find the speed they needed but we only found a little; so I think we went the wrong way on the changes we made on the car throughout both sessions. We need to think everything through tonight and hopefully we will get a better result at the qualifying run tomorrow."

Hideki Mutoh: "We were doing okay at the beginning of the afternoon session but when we made a few changes, we ended up losing the speed. We know what we did to slow down the car so we know which direction we need to go for tomorrow. I think it will be a exciting weekend and hope to have a strong qualifying run tomorrow."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:29 pm

LONG BEACH, Cali. (April 18, 2009) - Andretti Green Racing drivers Danica Patrick, Tony Kanaan, Marco Andretti and Hideki Mutoh qualified for the Grand Prix of Long Beach this afternoon with packed grandstands.

Patrick, driver of the #7 Motorola car, will start in the 22nd position and posted a best-lap speed of 98.859 miles per hour. Kanaan, driver of the #11 Team 7-Eleven/Dr. Pepper entry, will start 11th with a best-lap speed of 100.775 miles per hour. Andretti, driver of the #26 AFS car, turned a best-lap speed of 99.463 miles per hour and will start in the 19th position. Mutoh, who drives the #27 Formula Dream car, will start in the 17th position. Mutoh's best lap-speed was 99.621 miles per hour.

Danica Patrick: "A very unfortunate day for me and the Motorola crew. I felt confident after morning warm up and thought we would be capable of a strong qualifying run. After I made contact with the wall and the caution came out there wasn't enough time to get back on pace. I hope to make our way through the field during the race tomorrow." Driver: Tony Kanaan Car: #11 Team 7-Eleven/Dr. Pepper Dallara/Honda/Firestone

Tony Kanaan: "The #11 car had a pretty good start for the weekend but now we're struggling to find the set up we need. We need to step up our game and make the car better. I think the team as a whole is struggling finding the speed we need. We'll work tonight on figuring out how to turn this weekend around."

Marco Andretti: "I'm definitely disappointed with where the AFS car ended up in qualifying today. It's going to be extremely tough to pass here tomorrow. I'm happy to have Kyle (Moyer) on my side to help gain track position. I think Kyle is one of the best in the business at seeing the race and what we need to do based on our starting positions and race strategy. Between now and then, we have to figure out how to get a car that can stay up front once we work out position. Hopefully I can give him what he needs to get us up front."

Hideki Mutoh: "We were doing so well at the morning session and then I wrecked and the Formula Dream crew had to rebuild my car before qualifying. I'm very thankful to the guys for fixing the car in time, but unfortunately the car doesn't have the same balance we had this morning. I'm disappointed in myself and feel bad for the crew. We will work tonight to get the #27 car back to where we had it and should be ready for the race tomorrow."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:09 am

Andretti-Green Racing
Long Beach Race Report

LONG BEACH, Cali. (April 19, 2009) - Andretti Green Racing drivers Danica Patrick, Tony Kanaan, Marco Andretti and Hideki Mutoh completed the second race of the 2009 season at the Grand Prix of Long Beach.

Car
: #7 Motorola Dallara/Honda/Firestone

Danica Patrick: Started 22nd, finished 4th
"It was a good job on the strategy for the #7 car. We pitted at the right times. If the yellows would have fallen just right, maybe we'd have made it to the podium, but there was just no passing out there. Unfortunately, I made a little mistake and Will Power got by and then Tony Kanaan got by me. But it was a much better day than yesterday's qualifying run. I'm real proud of my crew for keeping their heads down and making a result out of it, instead of getting down. The Motorola guys did a great job and got me out quickly."

Car: #11 Team 7-Eleven/Dr Pepper Dallara/Honda/Firestone

Tony Kanaan: Started 11th, finished 3rd
"I've got to thank the whole team and the Team 7-Eleven/Dr Pepper crew. We had a rough weekend up until today but were we able to pull through. We had a really good day; I'm extremely happy with our performance and glad we were able to get the #11 car on the podium."

Car: #26 AFS Dallara/Honda/Firestone

Marco Andretti: Started 19th, finished 6th
"I think today was definitely a good effort for the #26 car. We found some speed during the morning warms-up and were able to have the pace we needed to work our way through the field. The whole AFS crew did a great job in the pits and Kyle (Moyer) made some great calls to get us to the front. Unfortunately, we were held up by a couple yellows but we had one of the fastest cars, for sure. This weekend we learned a lot about what we need to work on the rest of the season. I'm looking forward to Kansas next weekend."

Hideki Mutoh: Started 17th, finished 20th
"We got stuck in traffic a couple of times but we were able to save fuel. We had a good first pit stop and were able to move up a position so I was hopeful we could continue moving up the field. It was unlucky that I got involved in a crash, but the Formula Dream crew was able to fix the damage and we able to get back in the race. We hung in as long as we could and gained the most possible points. It was an unlucky weekend for #27 car, but looking forward to Kansas next weekend."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:21 am

~~~ANDRETTI GREEN EXPANDS 2009 SPONSORSHIP PROGRAM WITH DR PEPPER SNAPPLE GROUP

Expanded Relationship to Include Primary, Major Associate Backing of Marco Andretti's #26 Entry with Venom Energy

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (April 21, 2009) - Andretti Green Racing announced today it has signed a partnership agreement with Dr Pepper Snapple Group (NYSE: DPS) that expands an existing partnership to include Venom Energy, a hardcore energy drink designed to keep you going all day.

The new agreement is tied to the #26 program of Andretti Green driver Marco Andretti and kicks off with this weekend's IndyCar Series event at Kansas Speedway where Venom Energy will serve as primary sponsor of Marco Andretti and the #26 car. Venom Energy will also hold that position in next month's running of the Indianapolis 500.

Dr Pepper Snapple Group will feature multiple brands in a rotation during 10 of the final 15 events of the 2009 season and will either hold the position of primary sponsor or major associate sponsor, depending on the race market.

Dr Pepper Snapple Group is in its third season with Andretti Green and has an existing relationship through the Team 7-Eleven program and driver Tony Kanaan. Dr Pepper shared the primary sponsorship position with 7-Eleven on the team's #11 entry this past weekend at the Grand Prix of Long Beach where Kanaan wheeled to a third-place finish in his 100th career IndyCar Series start.

In addition to its Andretti Green Racing effort, Dr Pepper Snapple Group will also serve as an associate sponsor and the Official Carbonated Soft Drink of the Honda Indy Toronto, which is being promoted by Andretti Green Toronto July 10-12 in the streets of Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

Venom Energy is an energy drink in the Dr Pepper Snapple Group portfolio. Available now in two new flavors, Fruit Punch and Mango, Venom Energy delivers hardcore energy in unique and delicious flavors not typically associated with energy drinks. For additional information, visit www.venomenergy.com.

MICHAEL ANDRETTI, CHAIRMAN, ANDRETTI GREEN: "Dr Pepper Snapple Group has been a great partner for us on the Team 7-Eleven program and with Tony Kanaan, and we're very excited to be able to expand this relationship and build on it with Marco. Venom Energy is a great fit for him, and we can't wait to see the new car hit the racetrack this weekend at Kansas and next month at Indianapolis."

JIM TREBILCOCK, EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT OF MARKETING, DR PEPPER SNAPPLE GROUP: "We are excited to extend our partnership with Andretti Green Racing and look forward to bringing the #26 Venom Energy car to the winners circle."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:45 pm

Car
: #7 Motorola Dallara/Honda/Firestone

Danica Patrick Facts:
- Patrick is coming off a fourth-place finish at last weekend's Grand Prix of Long Beach.

- Patrick won her first IndyCar Series race in 2008 at the Indy Japan 300.

-Patrick had three top-five and nine top-10 finishes in 2008 and finished sixth in the final IndyCar Series point standings.

Danica Patrick on the Road Runner Turbo Indy 300:

"I'm looking forward to the race this weekend in Kansas. While we had a great result last weekend in Long Beach, I'm looking forward to our first race on an oval. We did a lot of work during the off-season, so I hope our hard work shows. We had a strong qualifying run last year and started third, so hopefully we will do the same this year."

Tony Kanaan Facts
- Captured his first podium finish in 2009 at the Grand Prix of Long Beach, with a third place finish.

-Finished third in the 2008 IndyCar Series championship.

-Has led over 2,500 laps throughout his IndyCar Series career.

-Captured 11 top-five finishes during the 2008 IndyCar Series season.

Tony Kanaan on the Road Runner Turbo Indy 300:

"I finished second in Kansas last year and I think it was a pretty good result for a track that you can easily lose several positions if you are not careful. Kansas is an amazing racetrack, it's a beautiful place and it will be nice to be on an oval again, flat-out all the way around. I hope to get the Team 7-Eleven car some more points for the championship."

Car: #26 Team Venom Energy Dallara/Honda/Firestone

Marco Andretti Facts:
-Andretti drove to a sixth-place result in last weekend's Grand Prix of Long Beach.

-Andretti finished the 2008 IndyCar Series season seventh in point standings with 363 points.

-Won his first career pole position when he claimed the pole at Milwaukee (2008), the same place where his father (Michael) recorded his first pole position.

-Captured six top-five finishes during the 2008 IndyCar Series season.

Marco Andretti on the Road Runner Turbo Indy 300:

"I'm really looking forward to Kansas and getting back to an oval. We had a strong finish last year and hope to do the same this weekend. My engineer (Pete Gibbons) and I have been working really well together this year, and I'm confident that the Team Venom Energy car will be running up front this weekend."

Hideki Mutoh Facts:
-Mutoh is in his second season at Andretti Green Racing.

-Mutoh captured the 2008 Bombardier Learjet Rookie of the Year award by finishing 10th in the IndyCar Series championship.

-Mutoh has seven top-10 finishes in the 17 races this season and eight top 10s in his 18 career starts.

Hideki Mutoh on the Road Runner Turbo Indy 300:

"I hope we have a good result this weekend in Kansas. We finished sixth last year so it would be great if we could put the Formula Dream car in the top-five this weekend."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:19 pm

Andretti-Green Racing
Kansas Qualifying Report

KANSAS CITY, Kansas (April 25, 2009) - Andretti Green Racing drivers Danica Patrick, Tony Kanaan, Marco Andretti and Hideki Mutoh qualified for the Road Runner Turbo Indy 300 this afternoon.

Patrick, driver of the #7 Motorola car, will start in the third position and posted a best lap speed of 210.470 miles per hour. Kanaan, driver of the #11 Team 7-Eleven entry, will start eighth with a best-lap speed of 210.082 miles per hour. Andretti, driver of the #26 Team Venom Energy car, turned a best-lap speed of 210.220 miles per hour and will start in the fifth position. Mutoh, who drives the #27 Formula Dream car, will start in the 13th position. Mutoh's best lap-speed was 208.506 miles per hour.

Danica Patrick: "I thought it was hard to get up to speed and the #7 car was maybe the most loose it's ever been on an oval. It was a handful, but we ended up finding a pretty good speed and were able to put the Motorola car up front. I'm looking forward to a good race tomorrow."

Tony Kanaan: "The #11 car was really loose in qualifying today. I'm disappointed with were we ended up, but tomorrow will be a new day for Team 7-Eleven and we'll see what it brings."

Marco Andretti: "Qualifying today was not a bad showing for Team Venom Energy. As the session went on the track got better and better and that's the down side of drawing an early number, but overall not a bad result. We'll work hard tomorrow to keep the #26 car up front."

Hideki Mutoh: "The Formula Dream car struggled in qualifying today and we would have liked better results. We had a good race car this morning so hopefully we'll be able to move through traffic tomorrow and we'll be ok by the end of the race."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:30 am

Andretti-Green Racing
Kansas Race Report

KANSAS CITY, Kansas (April 26, 2009) - Andretti Green Racing drivers Danica Patrick, Tony Kanaan, Marco Andretti and Hideki Mutoh completed the third race of the 2009 season at the Road Runner Turbo Indy 300 at the Kansas Speedway.

Danica Patrick: Started 3rd, finished 5th
"The Motorola guys did a great job getting me in and out of the pits, which was pivotal since it's so hard to pass out there. We are really excited about going into May, we also moved up five spots in the championship points, so it was a great day for the #7 car."

Tony Kanaan: Started 8th, finished 3rd
"I have to thank the Team 7-Eleven guys for the great pit stops today. We are going into Indy leading in the championship points, which is great for the #11 car. Consistency is the key in racing, so we need to keep that in mind. We had a great race and the rain stayed off so I can't be happier with today."

Marco Andretti: Started 5th, finished 6th
"I happy with my sixth place finish for the #26 car, we struggled a bit but I can't complain. We took a non-perfect car and kept it on pace with the leaders. We had a rough morning warm-up but the Venom Energy boys worked hard all day so we were able to turn the day around. I feel confident going into the Indy 500."

Hideki Mutoh: Started 13th, finished 7th
"It was a really tough race for the Formula Dream car. We started from the 13th position and were able to move through traffic finish seventh. I'm a little disappointed because I think we could've had a top-five finish since I had a strong car. I can't wait for the month of May to start."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Tue May 05, 2009 11:18 am

note.......this is also mentioned over on the 93rd Indy 500 thread

~~~Danica Patrick's Andretti Green Racing Indycar Reveals New Look with the Announcement of Boost Mobile Sponsorship; Boost Mobile Joins Forces with Motorola as Primary Sponsor of Danica Patrick's Andretti Green Racing IndyCar

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (May 1, 2009) - Boost Mobile, the prepaid division of Sprint Nextel (NYSE: S) that redefines value for prepaid wireless consumers, and Motorola, Inc. (NYSE:MOT) today unleashed the new paint scheme for Danica Patrick's lucky #7 car with announcement of a Boost Mobile sponsorship. Patrick unveiled the new IndyCar design today by driving it down the tarmac at the Indianapolis International Airport. For the remainder of the 2009 IndyCar Series season, Patrick will sport a jet-black Boost Mobile/Motorola/Andretti Green IndyCar with eye-catching, electric orange accents.

"Danica Patrick is the perfect representation of the Boost Mobile brand as she is unconventional, has edge and attacks the competition like Boost attacks the prepaid wireless market," said Matt Carter, president, Boost Mobile. "Boost Mobile has a long history with Motorola and is excited about the opportunity to work with Danica and Andretti Green Racing to broaden the Boost brand and appeal to Danica fans everywhere."

"Solid and generous support from sponsors like Boost Mobile and Motorola keep me on the fast track to victory," said Danica Patrick. "Boost Mobile's signature live-on-the-edge spirit is definitely in tune with my competitive fire - and it will help take Andretti Green Racing up a few notches with a new attitude."

Since 2007, Motorola has served as title sponsor of Patrick's IndyCar and provider of two-way communication solutions for all four Andretti Green teams. Motorola has been involved in open wheel racing for more than a decade and with Andretti Green Racing for the past six seasons. Motorola will continue to provide communication solutions to Andretti Green as well as promote its brand and products through the sport.

"At Motorola, partners like Boost Mobile and sponsorships such as Danica Patrick/Andretti Green Racing are key to our brand success," said Jean-Pierre Le Cannellier, senior director of North America marketing, Motorola Mobile Devices. "We are thrilled to kick off this joint sponsorship as Danica prepares to race in the Indianapolis 500 and as we introduce our latest Push-To-Talk1device."

Coupled with the Boost Mobile's $50 Monthly Unlimited cell phone plan, the innovative Motorola Clutch i465 combines the power of Push-to-Talk and the convenience of a QWERTY keyboard. Along with meeting military specifications for extreme conditions, including shock, vibration and dust, Clutch satisfies the unlimited communication needs of even the most serious texters and talkers. The Motorola Clutch will be available from Boost Mobile in Q2 2009.

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Fri May 08, 2009 10:42 am

Andretti-Green Racing
Indy 500 Practice Report, 7 May 2009

Car: #7 Boost Mobile Dallara/Honda/Firestone

Danica Patrick: "I have to say I was really happy with the Boost Mobile car this morning but as the afternoon went on I was unable to find more speed. We are working hard to find what we need to be ready for Saturday's qualifying run. But overall I can't complain about today's session."

Tony Kanaan: "We started the morning off on the right foot, but we need to find some more speed for the Team 7-Eleven car. It is going to be a very busy day tomorrow for everyone since we are trying to get ready for qualifying on Saturday. Not the best day today, but tomorrow's a new day."

Marco Andretti: "It wasn't a bad day for Team Venom Energy, we obviously had tow and had the fastest time today. But I think on our own, we are not bad as well, the positive thing is we worked really hard on the car balance and it's pretty good. We're doing our best, for sure. We need to make sure we will be a top contender for the champion. So far I think we're headed in the right direction."

Hideki Mutoh: "It's great to be back at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and to be able to run in nice weather. Compared to last year, I feel much more comfortable driving here. I know what we need to do and that helped me concentrate during today's session. We are preparing the car for Saturday's qualifying run; we were able to try some different things today. I think we are headed in the right direction so I hope we find the speed we need for the #27 car."

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sat May 09, 2009 11:20 am

AGR Fast Friday Report
8 May 2009

Car
: #7 Boost Mobile Dallara/Honda/Firestone

Danica Patrick: "I'm really happy with today's practice. We were able to find a better balance on the car and I think in Indy having a car that you feel comfortable in is most important. You can't drive a bad car around this track and expect to do well. I feel very confident going into tomorrow's qualifying session and I hope to get the Boost Mobile car on the front row."

Tony Kanaan: "It was a long day for Team 7-Eleven, we have a problem with the car and we are trying to figure out exactly what that is. The entire team put in a lot of effort. I have to thank my crew for all the set up changes, and the #26 crew for allowing me to take their car out. The day before qualifying that can be a huge risk. It just shows that we stick together as a team and we work together as a team. Hopefully we can figure it out overnight, but if not then I'll just do my best tomorrow."

Marco Andretti: "I'm pleased with Team Venom Energy's performance today and glad the rain held off. It would have been nice to take home the Fast Friday check, but we got the track time we needed and I think we have a good set up for qualifying. Tomorrow is going to be stressful, for sure, but I think the #26 car will be a pole contender."

Hideki Mutoh: "The Formula Dream car had a good day. My goal was to reach 225 mph today; I got to 224 mph which is close so that's ok. During the last hour we tried a new set up, but didn't get much speed from the change, so we have a better idea of what to do for tomorrow. The morning practice session tomorrow should be helpful and the #27 car will be ready for qualifying."