Ralf Schumacher
3%

Total votes: 32

sgd
Racer
Racer

Post by sgd » Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:31 am

RE30B#16 wrote:
sgd wrote:Driver of the Race -- Mark Webber. No quiestions about it!
if MW's car hadn't fail :arrow: 1st Kimi; 2ndAlonso; 3rdWebber
that's clear too.
Did you actually watch this race or did you just read about it? Kimi was losing ground to Webber in chunks then both retired. Alonso was conserving tires at the end, but was in total control of the race.
Kimi losing ground to Webber??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
com'on!! that was because Alonso was going slow and Kimi was stuck behind him that Webber and even Montoya got near them in the 2nd stint.
You said that Alonso was conserving tires at the end???
what do you mean??? he was doing so in the second stint while Kimi was behind him, because he wasn't faster (then Kimi) and needed his tires for the end of the stint to try to make a gap from Kimi before his pitstop (By the way it was Alonso himself who said that in the press conference).
At the end Alonso was conserving his engine, not his tires, he hasn't had to, Montoya was too far by then.

Alonso wasn't in total control of the race. webber saved him. I think even JV saw that. it was quite obvious. he had to stop about 8-9 laps before Kimi... then Webber died... after Webber's dead Kimi's race was ruined, he would finished 2nd. But otherwise, 1st.

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:57 am

that's clear too.
Webber impressive!
MShumierda driver of the race?? last year in Monaco Montoya reaced from last to 4th... 8) :lol: :!: :idea: :arrow:
Sorry sgd but it wasn't clear at all the Alonso would lose 1st to Raikkonen. He was conserving his tyres cause he can. He was planning to push before his second stop which he figures was going to be later than Raikkonen's. So no it wasn't clear at all and I agree with RE30B#16 that Alonso controlled the race
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:02 am

sgd wrote:
RE30B#16 wrote:
that's clear too.
Did you actually watch this race or did you just read about it? Kimi was losing ground to Webber in chunks then both retired. Alonso was conserving tires at the end, but was in total control of the race.
Kimi losing ground to Webber??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
com'on!! that was because Alonso was going slow and Kimi was stuck behind him that Webber and even Montoya got near them in the 2nd stint.
You said that Alonso was conserving tires at the end???
what do you mean??? he was doing so in the second stint while Kimi was behind him, because he wasn't faster (then Kimi) and needed his tires for the end of the stint to try to make a gap from Kimi before his pitstop (By the way it was Alonso himself who said that in the press conference).
At the end Alonso was conserving his engine, not his tires, he hasn't had to, Montoya was too far by then.

Alonso wasn't in total control of the race. webber saved him. I think even JV saw that. it was quite obvious. he had to stop about 8-9 laps before Kimi... then Webber died... after Webber's dead Kimi's race was ruined, he would finished 2nd. But otherwise, 1st.
So which do you beleive ? What Alonso said himself (that he was stopping after Kimi) or that he was stopping 8-9 laps before Kimi :?: :shock:

It is fun to speculate but to state that it was obvious isn't right is it ? Unless of course you knew how much exactly Kimi and Fernando had in fuel ? Do you ? Ok then it isn't obvious :lol: :lol: :wink:

PS. Isn't funny that you and Kapel agree on something :shock: :shock: :shock:
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Tue Jun 06, 2006 3:21 pm

JayVee wrote: PS. Isn't funny that you and Kapel agree on something :shock: :shock: :shock:
:no: :lol:
An F1 Idiot!!!

sgd
Racer
Racer

Post by sgd » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:26 pm

JayVee wrote:
So which do you beleive ? What Alonso said himself (that he was stopping after Kimi) or that he was stopping 8-9 laps before Kimi :?: :shock:

It is fun to speculate but to state that it was obvious isn't right is it ? Unless of course you knew how much exactly Kimi and Fernando had in fuel ? Do you ? Ok then it isn't obvious :lol: :lol: :wink:

You are right, disscusion is useless becauise nobody know how much fuel did they actually had... so it's just about what we think or just believe... All i can say: Kimi received fuel about 2 seconds longer then Alonso, and although he came 2 laps before, i think it should made him stop later in the 2nd stint...(how much fuel can they get in 2 secs? how much fuel they consume in a monaco lap?? i don't know. Does anybody here??)

PS.Yes it is! :lol: :lol: :P :wink:

RE30B#16
Racer
Racer

Post by RE30B#16 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 7:48 pm

sgd wrote:
JayVee wrote:

You are right, disscusion is useless becauise nobody know how much fuel did they actually had... so it's just about what we think or just believe... All i can say: Kimi received fuel about 2 seconds longer then Alonso, and although he came 2 laps before, i think it should made him stop later in the 2nd stint...(how much fuel can they get in 2 secs? how much fuel they consume in a monaco lap?? i don't know. Does anybody here??)

PS.Yes it is! :lol: :lol: :P :wink:
Raikkonen fans kill me!!! Kimi came the closest he has been all year to winning a race, but reality is, Monaco is extremely difficult to pass especially for the lead. Kimi never looked like he was gaining on Alonso. Webber did look like he was gaining on Raikkonen however. Let me remind you also that Alonso has won every race this year or come 2nd!! Montoya has dusted Raikkonen of late. [Montoya has seen the podium more than once this season]

Next year, you will see Montoya partnering Alonso at McLaren, Michael is coming back to Ferrari and Kimi is going to go to Renault. Mark my words!!!

:cheers:
Christoforo

You're not getting old, the music just sucks!!

Fernando Alonso is currently the best... Period!!!

-)_ (-
(_!_) Inclined to get behind!!!

RE30B#16
Racer
Racer

Post by RE30B#16 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:26 am

sgd wrote:You are right, disscusion is useless becauise nobody know how much fuel did they actually had... so it's just about what we think or just believe... All i can say: Kimi received fuel about 2 seconds longer then Alonso, and although he came 2 laps before, i think it should made him stop later in the 2nd stint...(how much fuel can they get in 2 secs? how much fuel they consume in a monaco lap?? i don't know. Does anybody here??)
I don't think so. I do believe that the Renault is getting everything done. The car is good on tires. The engines are reliable. I owned a Renault road car for awhile, and let me tell you, those cars have a lot of grunt!! The team has the best guy out there at the moment, and he is on the rise. The Mercedes has questionable reliability and it may consume too much fuel. I believe that the McLaren is good. If it had a Renault in it, it could be the best [after all it was designed by Adrian Newey before he left the team].

I take my comment about Raikkonen fans back. Kimi is underachieving right now, and I believe it has to do with the fact that in race trim, McLaren struggles compete for wins. I believe this is mainly due to the Mercedes engine which has not come good speed wise like the Honda, Toyota, Ferrari and Renault.

Here are two scenarios for next year for Raikkonen. Either Raikkonen resigns with McLaren which becomes a costomer Renault powered team [Renault not wanting to lose Alonso and gaining Raikkonen in the process], or he leaves to join Renault. Schumacher will be back, and at this point, I believe Ferrari would go after Alonso if Schumacher retired and they had a choice between the two. Raikkonen's stock has gone down since last year. Not by much, but maybe a quarter of a point.
Christoforo

-)_ (-

RE30B#16
Racer
Racer

Post by RE30B#16 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:30 am

RE30B#16 wrote:
sgd wrote:You are right, disscusion is useless becauise nobody know how much fuel did they actually had... so it's just about what we think or just believe... All i can say: Kimi received fuel about 2 seconds longer then Alonso, and although he came 2 laps before, i think it should made him stop later in the 2nd stint...(how much fuel can they get in 2 secs? how much fuel they consume in a monaco lap?? i don't know. Does anybody here??)
I don't think so.
I meant to say I don't think anyone knows how much fuel the teeams consume. Generally, Monaco is not a track where fuel consumption tends to be a big concern [except for the race in 1982!].
Christoforo

-)_ (-