Pre-Season Testing - 2006

Discuss all the aspects of the Formula 1 sport here

Moderators: cmlean, Ed, The Qualiflyer, The Heretic

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:25 pm

That Willsworth as you call it Julian is off the pace already :shock: :shock:

And the .....worth(less) engine in it is supposed to be the most powerful :shock: :shock:

rah, the Renault V8 will only run in the new car in January and when it does it will be the next shock for you two!!!

(The first being Villeneuve in the BMW :lol: )
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:35 pm

JayVee wrote:That Willsworth as you call it Julian is off the pace already :shock: :shock:

And the .....worth(less) engine in it is supposed to be the most powerful :shock: :shock:

rah, the Renault V8 will only run in the new car in January and when it does it will be the next shock for you two!!!

"Off the pace" :shock: of what a BAR V10 :?:
"Steady progress-4th fastest" is what I read :shock:

I still think a detuned V10 is in with a damned good chance :?
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:41 pm

Julian the ....worth(less) engine was supposed to be the benchmark early in the season .... isn't that what you were saying when Sir Frank signed with ....worth(less) ???

Only yesterday did they get close to the Toyota V8. But they should have been faster from the first day. They are slow compared to the other V8's. And of course I am not comparing them to the V10 :roll:

Steady progress :shock: :shock: We've heard so much of that last season from Williams :shock: :shock:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:44 pm

JayVee wrote:Julian the ....worth(less) engine was supposed to be the benchmark early in the season .... isn't that what you were saying when Sir Frank signed with ....worth(less) ???

Only yesterday did they get close to the Toyota V8. But they should have been faster from the first day. They are slow compared to the other V8's. And of course I am not comparing them to the V10 :roll:

Steady progress :shock: :shock: We've heard so much of that last season from Williams :shock: :shock:
Firstly it wasnt me who claimed the Cosworth was the most powerful engine !!
Secondly it was only yesterday that Mark drove. :crush: :drink: :alright:

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:10 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:
JayVee wrote:Julian the ....worth(less) engine was supposed to be the benchmark early in the season .... isn't that what you were saying when Sir Frank signed with ....worth(less) ???

And you didn't claim Williams would win the title in 06 with ... well Cosworth ???

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:24 pm

JayVee wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:

Now you know full well that I say things to entertain you and keep you amused, Your Majesty. If needs must then I will be your court jester, and feel privileged

And you didn't claim Williams would win the title in 06 with ... well Cosworth ???
:bouncec: :bouncest: :bounce: :TOTW: :TOTW: :TOTW: :bounceg:
Last edited by Julian Mayo on Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:25 pm

Well, I got the Cosworth bit right ! :crush: :cheers:

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Sat Dec 03, 2005 12:46 am

JayVee wrote:That Willsworth as you call it Julian is off the pace already :shock: :shock:

Webber set the fourth fastest time today. Behind BAR in a V8 & V10.

Renault were somewhere down the order in last years car. Alonso was not present.

JV I hope to be shocked. It would dissapoint me if Renault put too much effort into last years car and forgot about this years. I just think it is concerning that they do not even have a V8 to test yet.
Ok, Lewis may win the WDC in 07, but Sato will beat him in 08.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:00 am

Dont worry Rah
Alonso the wonderful will build an engine in his lunch break, test it during afternoon smoko, and have the championship in the bag by dinnertime :D

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:19 pm

Final day of testing at Barcelona and Valencia this week.

At Barcelona and under wet conditions, only Renault and Honda set competitive lap times. Anthony Davidson in the '05 V10 car set the fastest time of the day and of Jenson Button in the interim (concept) V8 with Giancarlo Fisichella in 3rd. McLaren and Toyota didn't set lap times.

At Valencia, Ferrari concluded a 3 days test with Felipe Massa. Concentrating on Bridgestone wet weather testing, Massa completed 117 laps on the short track configuration with a best time of 1:04.720.
Massa was runned a F2005 with a restricted V10.

You can check out the Best Lap Times - Testing Circuits Thread

Full Report - Honda Racing Test Notes - Renault Test Notes - Toyota Test Notes - McLaren Test Notes - Ferrari Test Notes
Lap by Lap Times - Barcelona Test only (details on the second page)

The next major Formula 1 test will start at Jerez on the 7th of December.

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:32 am

rah wrote:
JV I hope to be shocked. It would dissapoint me if Renault put too much effort into last years car and forgot about this years. I just think it is concerning that they do not even have a V8 to test yet.
This is from Rob White on the Renault V8
Our goal is to arrive well prepared at the first race of the 2006 season, and at the moment we are on target to do so. We have planned the project in a prudent, pragmatic way, balancing the needs of the teams at Enstone and Viry, as well as the imperative to maintain performance until the final race of 2005, with the necessity of not over-stretching our resources. Some rivals are already running a V8 engine on track, and we are not under-estimating their performance, nor in any way over-estimating our own. But we do not know what constraints they are operating under, or how their development philosophy compares to ours. We are confident we have the correct answer for our team, and are looking forward to running our representative RS26 V8 engine, in a representative R26 chassis, early in the New Year
From the Renault F1 website

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon Dec 05, 2005 9:53 am

JV, Mr White is hardly going to say " We are all extemely nervous about the teams prospects in 2006. We are way behind schedule, the inherent vibration problems of the V8 are causing us nightmares, and the drivers say the chassis is a pig. All in all the other teams seem to be ahead of us" :shock:

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:50 am

Unlike many other F1 teams that give out sensational statements in the off season only to back track by the time they get to Melbourne, Renault have acheived their targets every year since they bought Benetton and there is no reason for next year to be any different.

If you pay attention to their statements, they are always cautious about what they say and if they foresee any problems they would at least provide a hint.

In fact in that same article Rob White also says:
The entire team at Viry is focused on arriving at the first race in Bahrain as well prepared as possible. Timing is a crucial aspect of the project, as with any new engine. The project was committed in October 2004 when the 2006 rules were announced, and the timing constructed based on making the best use of our resources for V8 design and development alongside development of the RS25. We ran a V10-based V8 demonstrator engine extensively on the dyno to guide our work, and the definitive engine was fired up this summer on the exact planned date. We have since accelerated our work, to hit our performance and reliability milestones. There is still a lot of work to do, but we are on target
Keep in mind too that no other major manufacturer in recent history has managed to jump into Formula 1 as a full team and win the double in such a short time.

But that is you ... super optimistic on the ...worth(less) -only for 2006- Williams and the bambino clan but very negative towards anything that relates to Alonso/Renault

And that is why you'll be dissappointed as soon as the season starts :alright: :alright:

But please come up with something other than the Boats :shock: :shock: :D

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:00 am

Now then JV, lets get one thing set in concrete. I like Renault and always have
The only team I have negative feelings about is Ferrari, because IMHO, they finally killed off the last shred of sportsmanship in F1.
I am a fan of Williams because they are a privateer team, and the Team Principal has overcome immense business and personal obstacles to stay on the track. I admit I have a soft spot for underdogs.
Because of this I, for one will, not be switching allegiance from driver to driver, or team to team, merely because neither is winning.

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:14 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:I like Renault and always have
Rubbish!!! If you did you wouldn't be that negative about their engine and chassis for next year even if it was just to wind me up :D
Julian Mayo wrote: .... Ferrari, because IMHO, they finally killed off the last shred of sportsmanship in F1.
That is something we agree on :D :D
Julian Mayo wrote:I am a fan of Williams because they are a privateer team, and the Team Principal has overcome immense business and personal obstacles to stay on the track. I admit I have a soft spot for underdogs.
Because of this I, for one will, not be switching allegiance from driver to driver, or team to team, merely because neither is winning.
That is a great principle but we are not talking here about switching allegiances :shock: :shock:

But talking about underdogs, Renault were so much the underdogs in 2005. With half the budget of team McLaren and lacking a test car on Friday (which gave McLaren a HUGE advantage), they still wiped them in China and won the title :lol: :lol:
(and that is why many were dissapointed - mostly the Poms and some others who sympathise with the poms :lol: :lol: or don't like the French :lol: :lol: or just don't like Alonso The Cute :lol: :lol: !!)