No votes
Nick Heidfeld
No votes

Total votes: 20

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:37 am

Although I had seen the footage before, seeing it again has made all clear to me. Alonso definitely blocked Massa... he did it by just being on the track at the same time. Perhaps the powers that be should make a ruling that any car on the track at the same time as the Ferrari should be penalised. This should apply to qualifying and races. They will only need to implement this rule for the rest of '06. :evil:
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:40 am

Andre_Brasil wrote:Folks,
I gave up on F1 since Hungary when Barrichello was stupid enough of using full wets when everybody else were using intermediaries.

Button was very thankful.

Anyway, people told me that Turkey was a great race and was seriously inclined to watch Monza. After all, is MONZA!

But the penalty Alonso received helped me keeping my promise. The video footage is below.

Schumacher is good enough and he should not be helped in such a shameful way.

My best regards
Andre

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IweQAAxOVjg&NR
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Why did you leave us Andre???? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Please come back... we will be nice to you... :cry: :drink:

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:32 pm

Thanks Andre for the footage. No wonder Alonso said "No one is going to believe the penalty I was given for a long time to come"

I wonder why Renault can't appeal the decision just to prove a point. I know they risk "bringing the sport into disrepute". But what are the FIA doing ?
Alonso was racing against time, he wasn't interested in who was behind him.
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

cmlean

Post by cmlean » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:13 pm

I was bewildered when I first saw the tail end of the footage on how Alonso impeded Massa and, after watching the whole lap, am still amazed at the decision. What a crock!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:18 pm

cmlean wrote:I was bewildered when I first saw the tail end of the footage on how Alonso impeded Massa and, after watching the whole lap, am still amazed at the decision. What a crock!
Now, now, cm, don't forget that the modern F1 car is not designed to be within 500 metres of another car in front.
:lol:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

cmlean

Post by cmlean » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:43 pm

He's alive!!! Welcome back Julian. :P

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Sep 13, 2006 4:08 pm

cmlean wrote:He's alive!!! Welcome back Julian. :P
Clinging desperately to the last vestige of life,such as it may be :cry:
Ty, cm.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:36 am

Jim Watt wrote::good:
I agree with Julien & Jay Vee both! How can that have come about? Must have been a heck of a race, eh?

I agree, too, with whoever it was that voted for Michael as drive of the day! There's so much talk about grace under pressure, and I find it hard to find greater pressure than to know, ahead of time, that you'll be announcing your retirement at the end of the race. And then to go out and take on Kimi AND Fernando AND Felipe AND Giancarlo AND -- well, you get the point. It would be very easy to lose focus and let go.

Not Michael. As he said in his post race remarks, he always focuses on winning. Of course that's why he's so unpopular. That damned focus. Sometimes it leads to parking at Rascasse, or teeboning another driver's chances. (And wouldn't it be poetic justice for Fernando to find a way to take Michael out in China? Even, of course, if he takes himself out, he still wins. Of course, he has to find a way to make it look like a "racing incident.")

But still, he drove a perfect race and ended on the top step. Kubica was, no doubt, brilliant. But third. Felipe? I don't know what THAT was about, does anyone? Not being able to pass Kubica? Did the Ferrari have some kind of rev limiter or too much wing? I know BMW has plenty of grunt, but come on! And how come Fernando took so long to catch up to Felipe? What was THAT about? I'm guessing that Monza, being a flat out place, rewards breaking and curb-riding. I know that Michael's good at that, and so is Kimi. Apparently much better than ANYone else! But, as someone pointed out, since the television folks were so in love with the Red Cars we didn't get any kind of RACING coverage and so have to guess what the hell was happening. (Oh if only Bernie E. could be sent down by Lucca DeM as Michael was! Wouldn't F1 be the richer for it?)

Finally, Snowy was dead on about the FIA!! I think the initials are coming to stand for something obscene. Several options come to mind and knowing this is a family list, I'll keep them to meself. But come ON: I mean, really, "Unintentional Blocking"!!??!! What's next, "Unsportsmanlike Speeding"? How can you penalize someone for something that he didn't INTEND to do, and, in fact, didn't MANAGE to do, simply on the say-so of someone driving a red car? It's no excxuse that it's Monza --unless the same is allowed for Renault's in France and Beamer's and Mercs in Germany. And when that happens, who will be tuning in to watch?

Luckily, though, in spite of all the efforts to prevent it, Monza 2006 was another bell-ringer of a race. :beer:

Remember those dreary days a few seasons back, during the red-car parade, which, for a season at least, was only varied by changing the car colors to blue and yellow? Now it looks like racing again! And I love it! :burnout:
Jim Watt:burnout:
Jum,
another thoughtful post, ye gods man, get pissed and post some gibberish will ya! :evil:
Perhaps it was because of all the efforts, that it was a bell ringer of a race.
Perhaps the FIA are not conspiring against Renault, on Ferraris' behalf.
P'raps tis about bottoms on seats, both on track, and for Bernies TV empire :wink:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:38 am

jacfan wrote:
Andre_Brasil wrote:Folks,
I gave up on F1 since Hungary when Barrichello was stupid enough of using full wets when everybody else were using intermediaries.

Button was very thankful.

Anyway, people told me that Turkey was a great race and was seriously inclined to watch Monza. After all, is MONZA!

But the penalty Alonso received helped me keeping my promise. The video footage is below.

Schumacher is good enough and he should not be helped in such a shameful way.

My best regards
Andre

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IweQAAxOVjg&NR
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Why did you leave us Andre???? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: Please come back... we will be nice to you... :cry: :drink:
And when she is nice, she is very, very nice 8)

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:10 am

Even Bernie is calling Alonso's penalty in Monza a farce!

He also said "There is simply no proof that Alonso had blocked Massa"

From the BBC
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:26 am

Is that a glimmer of sense I see in the distance..... :light: :light: :light:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:39 pm

jacfan wrote:Is that a glimmer of sense I see in the distance..... :light: :light: :light:
No, its a shiny coin, which Bernie is after.

cmlean

Post by cmlean » Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:13 pm

Don't bend over in front of him. You may be t boned :shock: :shock:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:10 pm

cmlean wrote:Don't bend over in front of him. You may be t boned :shock: :shock:
He would snap :shock:

RE30B#16
Racer
Racer

Post by RE30B#16 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:02 am

jacfan wrote:Although I had seen the footage before, seeing it again has made all clear to me. Alonso definitely blocked Massa... he did it by just being on the track at the same time. Perhaps the powers that be should make a ruling that any car on the track at the same time as the Ferrari should be penalised. This should apply to qualifying and races. They will only need to implement this rule for the rest of '06. :evil:
There are always slowers cars on the track in F1 qualifying. If the car that Alonso supposedly blocked was a Midland, and it was earlier in the season, or if Ferrari was not close at this stage of the championship, no call would have been made. This smells of how the NBA manipulated the finals by ejecting certain players from games for calling a bad call BS. They did this so that Shaquille O'Neal and the Miami Heat could stay alive long enough to make it through to the finals. Without the bad calls, ejections and suspensions, Miami would have been eliminated before the finals. The FIA want a close, nail biting closer.
Christoforo

You're not getting old, the music just sucks!!

Fernando Alonso is currently the best... Period!!!

-)_ (-
(_!_) Inclined to get behind!!!