World Series Sprintcars

Discuss all the other types of Motorsport

Moderator: Ed

cmlean

World Series Sprintcars

Post by cmlean » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:19 pm

Spent Saturday night at the skids watching Round 1 of World Series Sprintcars. For those in the know, Brooke Tatnell was the standout for the night. Highlight of the evening was in the B Dash with Tatnell starting on pole and Jason Johnson out of 2 going hard through turns 1 & 2 side by side with both refusing to back out. Tatnell went on to win.

Here are the results
1.Brooke Tatnell
2.Robbie Farr
3.Max Dumesny
4.Terry Bracken
5.Drew Kruck
6.Stephen Bell
7.Peter Thorley
8.Richard Morgan
9.Darren Jensen
10.Darrell Hodges
11.Andrew Scheuerle
12.Daniel Morton
13.Cameron Gessner
14.Matthew Reed
15.Allan Haynes
16.Jason Johnson
17.Ben Atkinson
18.Todd Wanless

Round 2 is in Rockhampton on Wednesday and Round 3 in Toowoomba Saturday.

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Re: World Series Sprintcars

Post by mlittle » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:39 pm

cmlean wrote:Spent Saturday night at the skids watching Round 1 of World Series Sprintcars. For those in the know, Brooke Tatnell was the standout for the night. Highlight of the evening was in the B Dash with Tatnell starting on pole and Jason Johnson out of 2 going hard through turns 1 & 2 side by side with both refusing to back out. Tatnell went on to win.

Here are the results
1.Brooke Tatnell
2.Robbie Farr
3.Max Dumesny
4.Terry Bracken
5.Drew Kruck
6.Stephen Bell
7.Peter Thorley
8.Richard Morgan
9.Darren Jensen
10.Darrell Hodges
11.Andrew Scheuerle
12.Daniel Morton
13.Cameron Gessner
14.Matthew Reed
15.Allan Haynes
16.Jason Johnson
17.Ben Atkinson
18.Todd Wanless

Round 2 is in Rockhampton on Wednesday and Round 3 in Toowoomba Saturday.
Cmlean, is this anything like the USAC Sprint Car and World of Outlaws series' here in the States?
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

cmlean

Post by cmlean » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:46 pm

Hi mlittle
It's about as close as we can get to the World of Outlaws. The series commences in November and finishes in January. There are 19 rounds that will be held along the east coast of Australia and Tasmania. Cars are powered by fuel injected, methanol guzzling, 372 cu.i aluminium engines generally imported from the States punching out 700+ hp.

Brooke Tatnell, current Australian Champion, finished last season's World of Outlaws in the top 10. This year he is driving for the Kreike Motorsport from Western Australia in a Cool chassis.

This year is the 19th year that the World Series Sprintcars has been run.

For more information, visit http://www.worldseriessprintcars.com

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:35 am

Thought I recognized Tatnell's name; he's one of the World of Outlaws' rising stars here in the States' since he started racing in the series back around 2000 or so.

cmlean

Post by cmlean » Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:08 am

Tatnell Rules Round Two At Rockhampton

Brooke Tatnell scored his second consecutive Proton World Series Sprintcars win and his
third consecutive major main event win tonight by claiming the second round of the
2005/2006 WSS Championship 30 lap A-Main in front of a packed house at the
Rockhampton Speedway.

The blisteringly quick 30 lap A-Main went by without a single caution or red light period and saw Tatnell lead every rotation around the brightly lit Rocky Showgrounds venue.

?I can?t thank this team enough; they?ve given me an awesome racecar. I?m sitting here looking like a hero because of the hard work that they?ve put in during the week. The car is perfect,? he smiled.

It was far from smooth sailing for the Sydneysider however earlier in the night with the #1 car breaking a rocker on the second lap of the K&N Qualifying session, necessitating an engine change before the first heat.

Max Dumesny moved the #5 Valvoline / GKR Transport Maxim from the second row by the vastly improved Terry Bracken early in the race to claim second and finish right on the bumper of the #1 Toyota Genuine Parts Cool Chassis of the new Australian champion.

?It was difficult to pass and the lapped traffic was a nightmare, but it?s the same for everybody,? said the defending WSS champ, ?at the end of the day we set the K8CN quick time, we came forward in the Dash and we ran second in the main. It?s good for points so we?re all happy.?

Dumesny?s 11.567 pass was clearly the benchmark in the K&N Qualifying session where 25 cars posted times.

Terry Bracken was clearly and justifiably ecstatic with his third placing in the Cresta Australia #25 Cheetah.

Round 2
Emerald Proton A-Main:
1. Brooke Tatnell
2. Max Dumesny
3. Terry Bracken
4. Luke Dillon
5. Jason Johnson
6. Danny Reidy
7. Darrell Hodges
8. Robbie Farr
9. Matthew Reed
10. Mike Van Bremen
11. Todd Wanless
12. Darren Jensen
13. Cameron Gessner
14. Stephen Bell
15. Drew Kruck
16. Dan Morton
17. Ben Atkinson
18. Allan Haynes

Standings
1. Brooke Tatnell Toyota Genuine Parts Cool 2280
2. Max Dumesny Valvoline / GKR Transport Maxim 1951
3. Terry Bracken Cresta Australia Cheetah 1738
4. Robbie Farr Titan Garages Maxim 1569
5. Jason Johnson Supaloc / Armor All Eagle 1137
6. Drew Kruck Titan Engines Maxim 1130
7. Luke Dillon Truckworks J&J 1100
8. Darrell Hodges Centenary Real Estate Maxim 1094
9. Stephen Bell Cresta Australia Cheetah 1064
10. Danny Reidy Danny Orr Earthmoving 1019
11. Darren Jensen Q Steel Eagle 954
12. Matthew Reed Westside Honda Maxim 938
13. Richard Morgan Morgan Sheet Metal 866
14. Cameron Gessner Lusty Low Loaders Maxim 844
15. Mike Van Bremen Action Blast Cleaning Foster 830
16. Dan Morton Platinum Cheetah 816
17. Todd Wanless ABC Auto Gear Maxim 816
18. Andrew Scheuerle Motorguard Maxim 781
19. Allan Haynes Allan Haynes Mechanical Maxim 768
20. Ben Atkinson Century 21 Real Estate Maxim 742
21. Ken Veal PRC Cheetah 628

source: http://www.worldseriescprintcars.com

cmlean

Post by cmlean » Sun Nov 20, 2005 9:44 pm

Man Of Steel Leads Field In A Single Bound At Charlton

The Supaloc Man of Steel Jason Johnson tonight scored victory in Round Three of the Proton World Series Sprintcars Championship at Charlton Raceway Toowoomba after leading every rotation of the 30 lap A-Main.

Johnson steered the #5 Supaloc / Armor All Eagle to the lead after starting on the front row of the feature field alongside Robbie Farr?s #36 Titan Garages Maxim and the duo arm wrestled the first few attempts at a start, at times they raced into turn one with what seemed like only inches apart.

?We both asked each other the question,? conceded Farr, ?and the question was who wanted to back out first. In the end it was me I guess, because otherwise we were both going into the fence. Jason had the best position into the turn and I had to fight for it outside.?

Johnson was understandably thrilled with the result after surviving several yellow and red light stoppages on the slick but racy Charlton surface.

?We had a bad time trial but it all seemed to work out OK with our heat races and we ran really strong in the dash which put us in the right spot for the main. We had a couple of good runs with Robbie going into turn one but we seemed to have good car speed and I?m real happy for Supaloc / Armor All team. It?s a great win for the team.?

Farr trailed Johnson home with Brooke Tatnell?s #1 Toyota Genuine Parts / Krikke Motorsport Cool Chassis coming in third.

?We did all we could but Robbie and Jason had the good lines worked out. We?ll take third because this deal is all about points,? conceded Tatnell, ?congratulations to Jason and the Disbury team because they did a great job.?

Fourth home was defending WSS champ Max Dumesny in the Valvoline / GKR Transport Maxim. The enigmatic six times champ finished pretty well where he started after watching Jason Johnson, Robbie Farr and Brooke Tatnell equally spaced in front of him.

Fifth across the line was vastly improved Danny Reidy in the Danny Orr Earthmoving / SDA Plumbing Eagle after another solid run coming off the back of the sixth place at Rockhampton.

Following Reidy across the line was much improved Cameron Gessner in the Lusty Low Loaders / RI-CO Engineering Maxim ? the result was a heartening development in what has been a frustrating couple of weeks for the lanky Toowoomba native.
Gessner?s cousin Andrew Scheuerle placed in seventh behind his bright yellow counterpart in the Motorguard Maxim after a busy night where the team seemed to be always chasing their tails.

Chasing Scheuerle home from there was Todd Wanless, Terry Bracken, Mike Van Bremen, Ken Veal, Richard Morgan (DNF) Daniel Morton (DNF), Luke Dillon (DNF), Tony Wynne (DNF), Darrell Hodges (DNF), Peter Lack (DNF) and Drew Kruck (DNF).

The A-Main was marred by some spectacular incidents, the most significant of which being a major fire when the fuel tank ruptured on the Tony Wynne #92 Chase car after a serious impact with Luke Dillon in turns three and four.

Wynne spun in front of leader Johnson and almost took the American out, before stalling on the highline where he was struck at sickening speed by Dillon. Fuel spewed out of the tail tank and fire quickly spread as Wynne vacated the cockpit in time for the fire crew to extinguish the flames.

Daniel Morton all but vaulted over the turn three wall but miraculously continued on in the #78 Platinum Cheetah before retiring several laps later with what had to be steering component damage.

K&N Quick Time: Robbie Farr

Telstra Country Wide A-Dash:

Jason Johnson, Brooke Tatnell, Danny Reidy, Drew Kruck, Tony Wynne and Mike Van Bremen

Gulf Western Oils B-Dash:

Robbie Farr, Luke Dillon, Max Dumesny, Andrew Scheuerle, Darrell Hodges and Peter Lack.

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:02 am

cmlean wrote:Man Of Steel Leads Field In A Single Bound At Charlton

The Supaloc Man of Steel Jason Johnson tonight scored victory in Round Three of the Proton World Series Sprintcars Championship at Charlton Raceway Toowoomba after leading every rotation of the 30 lap A-Main.

Johnson steered the #5 Supaloc / Armor All Eagle to the lead after starting on the front row of the feature field alongside Robbie Farr?s #36 Titan Garages Maxim and the duo arm wrestled the first few attempts at a start, at times they raced into turn one with what seemed like only inches apart.

?We both asked each other the question,? conceded Farr, ?and the question was who wanted to back out first. In the end it was me I guess, because otherwise we were both going into the fence. Jason had the best position into the turn and I had to fight for it outside.?

Johnson was understandably thrilled with the result after surviving several yellow and red light stoppages on the slick but racy Charlton surface.

?We had a bad time trial but it all seemed to work out OK with our heat races and we ran really strong in the dash which put us in the right spot for the main. We had a couple of good runs with Robbie going into turn one but we seemed to have good car speed and I?m real happy for Supaloc / Armor All team. It?s a great win for the team.?

Farr trailed Johnson home with Brooke Tatnell?s #1 Toyota Genuine Parts / Krikke Motorsport Cool Chassis coming in third.

?We did all we could but Robbie and Jason had the good lines worked out. We?ll take third because this deal is all about points,? conceded Tatnell, ?congratulations to Jason and the Disbury team because they did a great job.?

Fourth home was defending WSS champ Max Dumesny in the Valvoline / GKR Transport Maxim. The enigmatic six times champ finished pretty well where he started after watching Jason Johnson, Robbie Farr and Brooke Tatnell equally spaced in front of him.

Fifth across the line was vastly improved Danny Reidy in the Danny Orr Earthmoving / SDA Plumbing Eagle after another solid run coming off the back of the sixth place at Rockhampton.

Following Reidy across the line was much improved Cameron Gessner in the Lusty Low Loaders / RI-CO Engineering Maxim ? the result was a heartening development in what has been a frustrating couple of weeks for the lanky Toowoomba native.
Gessner?s cousin Andrew Scheuerle placed in seventh behind his bright yellow counterpart in the Motorguard Maxim after a busy night where the team seemed to be always chasing their tails.

Chasing Scheuerle home from there was Todd Wanless, Terry Bracken, Mike Van Bremen, Ken Veal, Richard Morgan (DNF) Daniel Morton (DNF), Luke Dillon (DNF), Tony Wynne (DNF), Darrell Hodges (DNF), Peter Lack (DNF) and Drew Kruck (DNF).

The A-Main was marred by some spectacular incidents, the most significant of which being a major fire when the fuel tank ruptured on the Tony Wynne #92 Chase car after a serious impact with Luke Dillon in turns three and four.

Wynne spun in front of leader Johnson and almost took the American out, before stalling on the highline where he was struck at sickening speed by Dillon. Fuel spewed out of the tail tank and fire quickly spread as Wynne vacated the cockpit in time for the fire crew to extinguish the flames.

Daniel Morton all but vaulted over the turn three wall but miraculously continued on in the #78 Platinum Cheetah before retiring several laps later with what had to be steering component damage.

K&N Quick Time: Robbie Farr

Jason Johnson, Brooke Tatnell, Danny Reidy, Drew Kruck, Tony Wynne and Mike Van Bremen

Robbie Farr, Luke Dillon, Max Dumesny, Andrew Scheuerle, Darrell Hodges and Peter Lack.
Good report, cmlean. I thought I was reading one of my IndyCar or Champ race reviews. :up:

cmlean

Post by cmlean » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:13 pm

It all gets out of my backyard now. I will have to rely on the race reports until WSS comes back to Queensland.

Back to the night. We watched the time trials from turn 4 and it is amazing how smooth the quick time drivers were. Darrell Hodges was so tidy in his laps doing 12.1?? for his first lap and 12.2?? for his second. Robbie Farr came out later in the session to post fast time of 12.0?? on his first flyer.

We made a decision to watch the A dash/B dash and finals from turn 1 and that really impressed us with the sheer speed on turn in of Jason Johnson, Robbie Farr and Brooke Tatnell. The two most impressive drives in the A main were by Cameron Gessner and Terry Bracken who both started near the rear after qualifying through the B main. Many times a feature is won by sitting on the pole line and frustrating those behind. These two both made many passes around the outside which stunned the spectators as well as the drivers being passed. Hard work to finish sixth and nineth.

cmlean

Post by cmlean » Wed Nov 30, 2005 1:30 pm

Phil Marches To World Series Sprintcars Win
"It's been a while since I won one of these," grinned a very happy Phil March after he claimed an enthralling 30 lap main event that was the fourth round of the Proton World Series Sprintcars Championship at Speedway City South Australia, "I can't remember the last time we picked up a World Series win but I'm really glad we got one tonight." It was pretty well the perfect night for the driver of the Mildura Crane Hire Cool Chassis, beginning with the fastest go around in K&N Air Filters qualifying with a 12.079s lap.
He won the A-Dash after GMC High Points man Brooke Tatnell inverted the field with a #3 marble and started the South Aussie on the front row of the A-Main alongside Dumesny.
After a nail-biting high speed swap for the priority position March claimed the win narrowly from Robbie Farr in second, Max Dumesny third, Brooke Tatnell fourth and Jason Johnson rounding out the top five.
It was the second round from four that remarkably went all the way from the green flag to the chequers without a stoppage, "It was a really good race," admitted Robbie Farr, "I only really got one chance to have a crack at Max so I bumped her in there in turn three late in the race and we picked up second. It was pretty busy there in traffic for sure." Third placed Dumesny concurred, "When we got by Phil earlier in the race I thought we might be able to get a break, but to his credit he came back and got us in traffic. 1 didn't want to let Robbie through obviously but we'll take third I guess and put more points into the Championship bank." Fourth placed Brooke Tatnell was a lucky man, finishing the feature with a stretched throttle linkage that wound the motor up big time with 13 laps remaining. "Thank God the yellows didn't come an," smiled the point's leader, "because I can tell you now we weren't going to be able to slow down. I've never been so happy to see a feature race go all the way without a stoppage, That throttle was pretty well stuck
open." Though he finished in fifth Jason Johnson was the winner in the fan department.
An enormous crowd waited patiently at the rear of the Supaloc / Armor All transporter to meet the American who had befriended the partisan Adelaide crowd throughout the night with his approachable nature combined and the hard working efforts of the Disbury Racing
Team and their sponsors, "I've never seen a crowd at the back of the truck like it," grinned car owner Darren Disbury, "they all wanted to meet him, it was great." Disbury was in class of his own in the promotional stakes, coordinating sponsor Supaloc in handing out free racing caps to every fan in the Speedway City venue and then surprising everyone with an airplane fly past complete with "Supaloc Steel Building Systems trailing behind just before diver introductions. Sixth home with a career best result was Craig Van Der Stelt in the #21 Zenith creations / Craft Construction Maxim, rounding out a solid night in general for the hard charging South Aussie. "It's good ta get a decent result in a World Series event finally," he smiled, "I hope we can continue to run like that next time."
Seventh position was the reward for another capable drive for Cameron Gessner in the Lusty Low Loaders / RI-CO Engineering Maxim. "Cam's getting better with each lap," smiled car owner Bill Mann, "we're a better chance each round." Rounding out the top ten was Danny Reidy, Mark Reuter and American Brian Brown in the Tamars Cars #21.

FAST FACTS
Ben Atkinson broke the 10 lap track record in his first heat with a sizzling drive and no brakes in the Century 21 Maxim, The Darwin youngster ran out of brakes half way through the event but still looked smooth in the immaculate #21 car.
Luke Dillon had his bonnet rear up on the #81 Truckworks Eagle and that took him out of the A-Main whilst handily placed as he couldn't see two feet in front of him.
Younger brother Lee Dillon had a nasty roll over on the main straight in the X75 Eagle when he pulled a gigantic wheel stand at the start of his second heat and unfortunately got over the front of Ken Veal's Cheetah. Lee emerged disappointed but unhurt. Danny Reidy's consistency remains a talking point with the Alice Springs "Rock Star'' placing 8th after starting sixth in the Danny Orr Earthmoving Eagle chassis.
Victorian Matthew Reed rode out a wild bicycle moment in the #92 Westside Honda Maxim in an earlier heat when the car suddenly reared up into wheelie mode midway through turns three and four, Reed gathered it back before all but clouting the concrete wall in a masterly piece of driving but driveline failure late in the A-Main prevented a
better result.
Mike Van Bremen had a better finish coming in the #6 Action Blast Cleaning Foster chassis until the right rear tyre deflated and took his chances of a points gathering exercise out with him with only a handful of laps remaining.
Several of the new faces in Australian Sprintcar Racing in SA made their WSS debuts, including Ricky Maiolo, Simon McKean, Jamie Hendry and Justin Sloan's nominations were all greatly appreciated. Trevor Green drove the Darryl Downing #97 Regency Shower Screens Eagle and recorded a strong heat win on the way to a front row start in the B-Main but unfortunately he suffered an arm injury when his torsion bar whacked his right arm through the side panel late in the heat.

Comp Cams Heat 1: Mark Reuter
Telstra Country Wide Heat 2: Jason Johnson
Performance Wholesale Heat 3: Ben Atkinson
Hoosier Heat 4: Mark Reuter
Rocket Industries Heat 5: Craig Van Der Stelt
Titan Garages Heat 6: Trevor Green
GMC High Points: Brooke Tatnell
Hoosier Hero: Luke Dillon
VMAC 1Dth: Brian Brown
JE Pistons: Ben Atkinson
Phil March, Robbie Farr, Jason Johnson, Brooke Tatneil, Luke Dillon, Brian Brown
Max Dumesny, Craig Van Der Stelt, Ben Atkinson, Danny Reidy, Cameron Gessner, Mike
Van Bremen,
1-11 Tool Storage Systems B-Main:
Ben Atkinson, Dylan Jenkin, Matthew Reed, Leith Ahlfors, Ken Veal, Jamie Hendry
Australian Motors A-Main
Phil March, Robbie Farr, Max Durnesny, 01-ooke ~atnell,J ason Johnson, Craig Van Der Stelt, Cameron Gessner, Danny Reidy, Mark Reuter, Brian Brown, Ben Atkinson, Dylan Jenkin, Leith Ahlfors, Mike Van Bremen, Ken Veal, Jamie Hendry, Luke Dillon (DNF), Matthew Reed (DNF)

Points for contracted WSS Teams:
Name Sponsor / Chassis Points
Brooke Tatnell Toyota Genuine Parts Cool 4053
Max Dumesny Valvoline / GKR Transport Maxim 3690
Robbie Farr Titan Garages Maxim 3614
Jason Johnson Supaloc / Armor All Eagle 3024
Danny Reidy Danny Orr Earthmoving Eagle 2332
Cameron Gessner Lusty Low Loaders / Rl-CO Maxim 2122
Luke Dillon Truckworks J&J 1907
Mike Van Bremen Action Blast Cleaning Foster I739
Matt Reed Westside Honda Maxim 1642
Ben Atkinson Century 21 Real Estate Maxim 1525