All about V8 Supercars Racing

Moderators: Ed, Julian Mayo

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:44 am

mlittle wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:
mlittle wrote:Update on Ambrose's performances in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series.......

8 July--Kentucky}started on the pole(led 49 laps); finished 19th
15 July--Memphis}started 14th; finished 34th
4 August--Indianapolis*}started 19th; finished 22nd

~~currently stands 26th in the points
started 10th n finished 3rd at Nashville ?????
Or is that just rumour??????? :?
No, you'd be correct on that one. Started 11th, led 15 laps, and was right in the thick of it at the end, finishing 3rd. :)

:bang: :bang: :bang: I said started 10th
note to self...get it right :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sun Sep 10, 2006 3:19 pm

In case anyone's interested, here's a brief update on how Ambrose is doing in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series

23 August--Bristol(started 9th, finished 26th/2 laps behind the race winner)

Current Standings: 27th in points w/2 top-5 finishes in 14 starts

Next race........Sept. 16th at the 1-mile(almost) flat-banked New Hampshire International Speedway in the Sylvania 200.
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Ambrose 23rd at NHIS

Post by mlittle » Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:17 am

Yesterday saw the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series race on the 1-mile New Hampshire Intl. Raceway, and it was a pretty decent race. NCTS veteran Johnny Benson won another race for Toyota; Ambrose finished in 23rd, 4 laps off the lead.

Next stop..........Sin City USA, Las Vegas, Nev. and the newly rebanked 1.5-mile Las Vegas Motor Speedway. :burnout: :shock:

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Skinner wins in Vegas; Ambrose 7th

Post by mlittle » Mon Sep 25, 2006 3:06 am

In the truck series' first vist back to Las Vegas since the track was repaved and rebanked from 12-deg. to 20-deg., Mike Skinner got his first win of 2006, taking the lead on a late restart to barrel past Ted Musgrave and win for the first time since Richmond in 2005.

As for Marcos Ambrose.....it was a pretty darn' good night for him; he started 6th(2nd-highest start for a Ford; his teammate Bobby East started 2nd), led 12 laps and finished 7th(highest finishing Ford). Only blemish on the evening was that he got busted speeding down pit road early on(don't worry, though...several drivers copped speeding penalties last night). All in all, it was a good evening for him.

What was the biggest surprise, though, was the raciness of the track last night. Normally, when any track is resurfaced, there's usually only one open groove(regardless of whether there are trucks, stockcar, IndyCars racing....) for drivers to use. Last night, after the first round of stops, the trucks were running two and three-wide in the turns, which was interesting to see, especially since they narrowed the track from 70 ft.(distance btwn. outside wall to track apron) down to 52 ft. It was a pretty good race last night. 8) :lol: 8)

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Re: Skinner wins in Vegas; Ambrose 7th

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:49 am

mlittle wrote:In the truck series' first vist back to Las Vegas since the track was repaved and rebanked from 12-deg. to 20-deg., Mike Skinner got his first win of 2006, taking the lead on a late restart to barrel past Ted Musgrave and win for the first time since Richmond in 2005.

As for Marcos Ambrose.....it was a pretty darn' good night for him; he started 6th(2nd-highest start for a Ford; his teammate Bobby East started 2nd), led 12 laps and finished 7th(highest finishing Ford). Only blemish on the evening was that he got busted speeding down pit road early on(don't worry, though...several drivers copped speeding penalties last night). All in all, it was a good evening for him.

What was the biggest surprise, though, was the raciness of the track last night. Normally, when any track is resurfaced, there's usually only one open groove(regardless of whether there are trucks, stockcar, IndyCars racing....) for drivers to use. Last night, after the first round of stops, the trucks were running two and three-wide in the turns, which was interesting to see, especially since they narrowed the track from 70 ft.(distance btwn. outside wall to track apron) down to 52 ft. It was a pretty good race last night. 8) :lol: 8)
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: infectious, is it ??? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO:

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Ambrose moves up to Busch for 2007.....

Post by mlittle » Thu Oct 05, 2006 9:22 pm

According to autoracing1.com, current NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series driver Marcos Ambrose is going to be moving up to NASCAR's Busch Series for 2007, which was confirmed by the team Tuesday. When asked about it, Ambrose replied,
Everyone at Wood Brothers/JTG Racing has been fantastic in my first season of NASCAR competition and I look forward to taking the next step of my career in the #59 Kingsford Charcoal Ford in 2007. I guess if there is one thing Australians know how to do, its' BBQ, and when you look at all the sponsors associated with my car next season then we could have one terrific cookout. The support of Len and Eddie Wood, co-owners Jodi and Tad Geschickter and the whole Wood Brothers/JTG Racing operation has been fantastic and I look forward to a long and successful relationship with the team. The NASCAR family has also made me feel very welcome. It is great to be continuing my relationship with Ford and I look forward to building on a strong 2006 in what will be yet another rookie season. This is definitely a major step up, but I am looking forward to the challenge and continuing what has been an amazing learning curve.
Sponsors for the #59 Kingsford Charcoal Ford Ambrose will be driving include: Kingsford Charcoal, Hidden Valley Salad Dressing, KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce, Bush's Best Baked Beans and Glad Food Storage Bage; additional sponsors may be added at a later date. According to the ar1.com news item, Ambrose's NCTS sponsor, Aussie Vineyards, may also be added to the list of sponsors(negotiations are currently ongoing).

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Re: Ambrose moves up to Busch for 2007.....

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:06 pm

mlittle wrote:According to autoracing1.com, current NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series driver Marcos Ambrose is going to be moving up to NASCAR's Busch Series for 2007, which was confirmed by the team Tuesday. When asked about it, Ambrose replied,
Everyone at Wood Brothers/JTG Racing has been fantastic in my first season of NASCAR competition and I look forward to taking the next step of my career in the #59 Kingsford Charcoal Ford in 2007. I guess if there is one thing Australians know how to do, its' BBQ, and when you look at all the sponsors associated with my car next season then we could have one terrific cookout. The support of Len and Eddie Wood, co-owners Jodi and Tad Geschickter and the whole Wood Brothers/JTG Racing operation has been fantastic and I look forward to a long and successful relationship with the team. The NASCAR family has also made me feel very welcome. It is great to be continuing my relationship with Ford and I look forward to building on a strong 2006 in what will be yet another rookie season. This is definitely a major step up, but I am looking forward to the challenge and continuing what has been an amazing learning curve.
Sponsors for the #59 Kingsford Charcoal Ford Ambrose will be driving include: Kingsford Charcoal, Hidden Valley Salad Dressing, KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce, Bush's Best Baked Beans and Glad Food Storage Bage; additional sponsors may be added at a later date. According to the ar1.com news item, Ambrose's NCTS sponsor, Aussie Vineyards, may also be added to the list of sponsors(negotiations are currently ongoing).
Cookout, :shock: The fella is learning more than the Ovals, Matty :shock:
Mind you, chuck in a few bottles of good Aussie red, n I will call A BBQ a "cookout" too :lol:

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:23 pm

Nah I could never do it. To call a bbq a cookout when it is clearly a bbq is just plain wrong. It would be moraly unjust for me to call it a cookout.

Unfortnuately my morals can be swayed at any stage by thick wads of cash.
Ok, Lewis may win the WDC in 07, but Sato will beat him in 08.

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:33 am

Update on Ambrose's truck series season.........

Oct. 7--Talledega(started 30th, finished 17th)
Oct. 21--Martinsville(started 4th, finished 25th)
Oct. 28--Atlanta(started 12th, finished 18th)

Ambrose currently sits in 22nd in the standings w/2 top-5's and 3 top-10's

Next up.......tonight the truckers hit the high-banks of Texas Motor Speedway

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:20 am

Marcus Ambrose is back in Oz, and will be at the V8Supercar races today, where he will talk on air about his next season

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:22 am

Ambrose gets to turn a wheel in his new toy this friday :drive:

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

2007 NASCAR Busch Series Schedule.........

Post by mlittle » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:45 am

.........and you thought the truck series schedule was long............ :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

17 Feb. 2007--Daytona Intl. Speedway, Daytona Beach, Fla.
24 Feb. 2007--California Speedway, Fontana, Cal.
4 March 2007--Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez, Mexico City, Mex.
10 March 2007--Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Las Vegas, Nev.
17 March 2007--Atlanta Motor Speedway, Hampton, Ga.
24 March 2007--Bristol Motor Speedway, Bristol, Tn.
7 April 2007--Nashville Superspeedway, Lebanon, Tn.
14 April 2007--Texas Motor Speedway, Ft. Worth, Tx.
20 April 2007--Phoenix Intl. Raceway, Avondale, Ariz.
28 April 2007--Talledega Superspeedway, Talledega, Ala.
4 May 2007--Richmond Intl. Raceway, Henrico Co., Va.
11 May 2007--Darlington Raceway, Darlington, S.C.
26 May 2007--Lowe's Motor Speedway, Concord, N.C.
2 June 2007--Dover Intl. Speedway, Dover, Del.
9 June 2007--Nashville Superspeedway, Lebanon, Tn.
16 June 2007--Kentucky Speedway, Sparta, Ky.
23 June 2007--The Milwaukee Mile, W. Allis, Wisc.
30 June 2007--New Hampshire Intl. Speedway, Loudon, N.H.
6 July 2007--Daytona Intl. Speedway, Daytona Beach, Fla.
14 July 2007--Chicagoland Speedway, Joliet, Ill.
21 July 2007--Gateway Intl. Raceway, Madison, Ill.
28 July 2007--Indianapolis Raceway Park, Clermont, Ind.
4 August 2007--Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, Montreal, PQ
11 August 2007--Watkins Glen Intl. Raceway, Watkins Glen, NY
18 August 2007--Michigan Intl. Speedway, Brooklyn, Mich.
24 August 2007--Bristol Intl. Speedway, Bristol, Tn.
1 Sept. 2007--California Speedway, Fontana, Ca.
7 Sept. 2007--Richmond Intl. Raceway, Henrico Co., Va.
22 Sept. 2007--Dover Intl. Speedway, Dover, Del.
29 Sept. 2007--Kansas Speedway, Kansas City, Ks.
12 Oct. 2007--Lowe's Motor Speedway, Concord, N.C.
27 Oct. 2007--Memphis Motorsports Park, Millington, Tn.
3 Nov. 2007--Texas Motor Speedway, Ft. Worth, Tx.
10 Nov. 2007--Phoenix Intl. Raceway, Avondale, Ariz.
17 Nov. 2007--Homestead/Miami Speedway, Homestead, Fla.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:53 am

He should have the hang of the thang by August :lol:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:20 pm

Ambrose was twelth fastest in pre-season testing. He was fifth fastest Non-Cup Driver.( I guess that means rookie)

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:47 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:Ambrose was twelth fastest in pre-season testing. He was fifth fastest Non-Cup Driver.( I guess that means rookie)

I just read that; Ambrose was 12th fastest in Busch Series testing at Daytona on Sunday(5th-fastest non-Nextel Cup driver)......what I think you're referring to, Julian, is that he was the fifth-fastest Busch Series driver in testing(in most Busch Series races, it is not uncommon for Nextel Cup regulars, referred to as "Buschwhackers", to drive in the Busch Series events, especially when both Busch and Cup are at the same track..... :evil: ), so he did pretty well. On the flip side, though.....don't read too much into testing; Daytona is one of two tracks(the other being Talledega) where NASCAR mandates the use of "restrictor plates" on the engines in order to reduce speeds; the effect on the cars is akin to driving in rush-hour, bumper traffic......at about 185-190 mph. :shock: :shock: :shock: :twisted: