OPINIONS

All about V8 Supercars Racing

Moderators: Ed, Julian Mayo

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

OPINIONS

Post by Julian Mayo » Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:10 am

Guys, anyone is entitled to express any opinion relevant to V8 Supercars, no matter how tenuous, as long as it is reasonably polite. The same rules apply here as in F1 forums. If you have a poor opinion of V8s, a particular race, or whatever say so.
I love a sensible argument, and if what you say makes sense we can stir up Tony Cochrone and Avesco together.
I do however have a low tolerance level for idiocy other than my own, so if you post something inappropriate don't be surprised if it disappears into a black hole. :lol:
Last edited by Julian Mayo on Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

sgd
Racer
Racer

Re: OPINIONS

Post by sgd » Sun Aug 14, 2005 1:55 pm

julian mayo wrote:Guys, anyone is entitled to express any opinion relevant to V8 Supercars, no matter how tenuous, as long as it is reasonably polite. ...
I have one... here in russian they do not show any V8 SC.... so i'm not interested at all... =/ would be nice to see some more races (beside F1)and track them on the forum, but for me its not the case... same to IRL, Cart, atlantic champ, bangladesh sc, etc.... :arrow: follow a sport wothout the opportunity of see it is not for me... I'd rather continued playing 'need For Speed Underground' on the internet.. ;)
in fact here show the Lada championship, but i'm not think it'a a good idea to make a sub-forum of it... :lol: :lol:

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:38 pm

If this Lada championship was producing drivers who make it into F1 you would be raving about it and a lot of people would be interested in it :D
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Re: OPINIONS

Post by rah » Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:54 pm

sgd wrote:
julian mayo wrote:Guys, anyone is entitled to express any opinion relevant to V8 Supercars, no matter how tenuous, as long as it is reasonably polite. ...
I have one... here in russian they do not show any V8 SC.... so i'm not interested at all... =/ would be nice to see some more races (beside F1)and track them on the forum, but for me its not the case... same to IRL, Cart, atlantic champ, bangladesh sc, etc.... :arrow: follow a sport wothout the opportunity of see it is not for me... I'd rather continued playing 'need For Speed Underground' on the internet.. ;)
in fact here show the Lada championship, but i'm not think it'a a good idea to make a sub-forum of it... :lol: :lol:
If we could get any races out here that show Lada's racing I would have to watch it. My brother had two, God knows why. It brings a smile to my face any time I see some poor bastard driving one. To see some race would be very funny indeed.
Ok, Lewis may win the WDC in 07, but Sato will beat him in 08.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

IDIOTS WITH RARDAR GUNS

Post by Julian Mayo » Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:23 pm

In my opinion the guy with the radar gun at ORAN PARK is either a very brave man or an idiot. We all kow that, at times, Cams can be very idiotic.
Let me set the scene for you. Cars enter pitlane, breaking to the maximum, to get down to the mandatory 40kmh. Cams, in their wisdom, station a guy with a hand held radar "gun" about 150 metres down pitlane to monitor entry and lane speed.. Now the entry threshold at oran park is marked by a single white line across the track. Are you with me so far...good. Now lets say this guy is 2 metres tall. And he is 150 metres from that white line. Okay keep that thought in mind.
Ambrose and Lowndes enter the pits, both are pinged for "exceed pit lane speed limit." Both teams immediately appeal to the cams observers that they can show telemetry proving they were not speeding...subsequent to the race meeting Cams' own data logging equipment show that neither car was in fact speeding.
However, back at the race track, in the middle of a race which is a tad important to both teams, they are given a penalty in excess of 35 SECONDS, because one guy with a hand held radar gun 150 metres away from a narrow white line says they were speeding.AND HIS WORD IS ABSOLUTE, there is no avenue of appeal!
In the NSW Police Force, operators of Laser Speed Detection Devices are required to log on to a " target" for a minimum of 3 seconds.
No team in V8 Supercars is going to calibrate the speed limiters to run over the 40kmh for 1 second, and they are tested many times prior to the actual race.
V8 Supercars is now a multi million dollar business, surely it can do better than this idiocy.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Aug 25, 2005 8:27 am

"The Australian" newspaper has reported that Tod Kelly has re-signed with Skaife for the next two years. With Larry Perkins issuing a "hands -off" warning to Stone Bros over any attempts to sign S. Richards to replace Ambrose for next season this leaves one of the best seats in Supercars unfilled.
In my opinion Stone Bros will now go for a young fresh talent, quite possibly from another formula, or form of racing. Remember they have extensive ties to "UN ZUD" 8)

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:39 pm

Skaife has officially announced that T kelly has re-signed with the team for the next 2 years.
Elsewhere things are very quiet on the surface as the teams go about preparing for the Enduro rounds. Behind the scenes it is overtime, overtime, overtime, as teams prepare. I will attempt to keep news updates as things happen, and of course there will be a preview of Sandown

badcooky
Getting Started
Getting Started

Post by badcooky » Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:39 pm

Back to the Lada thing,in my younger days i was a professional strongman and had the odd bout of roid' rage,during one incident i tore the doors off a Lada Niva and flipped it on it's side the occupants pooed their pants and fled.
Well if in the past you owned a light blue Lada Niva that ended up without doors and on it's side I am sorry and I'm better now.
Oh the v8 thing go the Fords.
When I think of something good i'll change to it.

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Tue Feb 14, 2006 1:26 pm

A lada on its side with its doors ripped off, propbaly helped its resale value. At least the poor bloody owner didn't have to push it around anymore.

P.S. if I was driving a lada and you pulled its doors off and tipped it over, I would probably need knew undies too.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Feb 14, 2006 3:08 pm

badcooky wrote:Back to the Lada thing,in my younger days i was a professional strongman and had the odd bout of roid' rage,during one incident i tore the doors off a Lada Niva and flipped it on it's side the occupants pooed their pants and fled.
Well if in the past you owned a light blue Lada Niva that ended up without doors and on it's side I am sorry and I'm better now.
Oh the v8 thing go the Fords.

Nice Cooky, good Cooky, sit boy, sit. (Rah, fetch the Axe NOW)
Ripping the doors off it probably halved its weight. To this day The owners are probably thanking you for the improved fuel economy, and easier pushing.

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:35 am

Why do Lada's have heated rear windscreens?

To keep the owners hands warm.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:44 am

Some drivers do earn their money, when not behind the wheel.
with the promotional season under way there are considerble demands on the drivers, and they need to have endurance.
For example, here is a sample of Greg Murphy's itinerary.

Friday night..fly to Brisbane, QLD for the V8supercar season promo.
Saturday afternoon...fly back to Melbourne VIC.
Tuesday morning..fly to Perth WA for a promo.
Tuesday afternoon...fly to Auckland New Zealand to promote the Pukekohe race.
Wednesday afternoon....fly Auckland to Melb.

Maybe he is addicted to airline food.

:shock:

Southernman
2004 Top 10
2004 Top 10

Post by Southernman » Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:51 pm

I wouldn't mind Murphy's frequent flyer points. :D

His promotional duties for Pukekohe is very hectic as well.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Mar 16, 2006 4:25 pm

Southernman wrote:I wouldn't mind Murphy's frequent flyer points. :D

His promotional duties for Pukekohe is very hectic as well.
Yes, and they are lining him up to promote Hamilton as well.
Hamilton has just scored a round of the WRC, I believe....it really is becoming the Motor Sport Capital of NZ :shock:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Nov 29, 2006 9:03 am

Is it just me, or does HSV go backwards every time Walkinshaw becomes involved ? Certainly Skaife's results this season would suggest that.
Tander must love Walkinshaw's idea of dragging him out of his Tollmobile and chucking him in with Skaife for the enduro rounds. Tander would now have an almost unassailable lead in the V8Supercar Championship but for that !