OPINIONS

All about V8 Supercars Racing

Moderators: Ed, Julian Mayo

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:50 pm

Methinks it's time for a couple of the "old hands" to chuck it in, before their younger team-mates make them look a tad silly 8)
Last edited by Julian Mayo on Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Southernman
2004 Top 10
2004 Top 10

Post by Southernman » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:38 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:Methinks it's rime for a couple of the "old hands" to chuck it in, before their younger team-mates make them look a tad siilly 8)
This could apply to formula 1 as well as V8's.

One driver that I think should retire is Greg Murphy. Skaife I'm not sure one way or the other yet.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:22 pm

I wonder how much Greg is worried by his crook back.
Skaife, Ingall, to name two, seem to have trouble getting ahead of their younger team-mates 8)

Southernman
2004 Top 10
2004 Top 10

Post by Southernman » Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:28 pm

I don't expect TKR to race again this year. The Paul Radisich has walked out of the team and the rumours are that he hasn't been paid. Rumours are that TKR are in debt to a six digit amount.

TKR owner David John is not popular after accusing Radisich for not being loyal to the team after they helped him after his big crash at Bathurst last year.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:21 pm

Southernman wrote:I don't expect TKR to race again this year. The Paul Radisich has walked out of the team and the rumours are that he hasn't been paid. Rumours are that TKR are in debt to a six digit amount.

TKR owner David John is not popular after accusing Radisich for not being loyal to the team after they helped him after his big crash at Bathurst last year.
Ouch :cry:

Southernman
2004 Top 10
2004 Top 10

Post by Southernman » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:01 am

TKR should be kicked out. I still hear how they plan to come back later in the year but in my opinion if they can't affort the day to day running of the sport with enough left over to cover unexpected costs they shouldn't be in V8's.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:00 am

TKR may run a Stone Bros third car, depends on sponsorship. The Stones have been in lengthy discussions in UnZud :lol:
If they do, a very promising, very young driver, with the right passport may get the seat :wink:
That, in my opinion, would be a very good thing

Southernman
2004 Top 10
2004 Top 10

Post by Southernman » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:49 pm

As long as David John is part of TKR I will not be supporting them. I don't like the way he does things and the fact he had to rely on the Stone brothers to help them out for the rest of this year.

Just because a car is painted black with a silver fern on it does not mean everyone should blindly say this car is in the best interests of New Zealand. Right from the start they struggled money wise and the way they tried to get the public of this country to help out was embarrassing. :furious:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:57 pm

Southernman wrote:As long as David John is part of TKR I will not be supporting them. I don't like the way he does things and the fact he had to rely on the Stone brothers to help them out for the rest of this year.

Just because a car is painted black with a silver fern on it does not mean everyone should blindly say this car is in the best interests of New Zealand. Right from the start they struggled money wise and the way they tried to get the public of this country to help out was embarrassing. :furious:
Didn't hear much of that, on this side of the ditch. Blind patriotism can lead to permanent blindness, and other major problems :lol:

Southernman
2004 Top 10
2004 Top 10

Post by Southernman » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:17 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:
Southernman wrote:As long as David John is part of TKR I will not be supporting them. I don't like the way he does things and the fact he had to rely on the Stone brothers to help them out for the rest of this year.

Didn't hear much of that, on this side of the ditch. Blind patriotism can lead to permanent blindness, and other major problems :lol:
What they did was they toured the country with the car that Paul Radisich crashed at Bathurst and asking for donations to help them race this year. They had to extend the final deadline as they were short of the required cash. They managed somehow to get a final donation that was just enough to get a car into the V8's. Very little left for running costs.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:14 pm

Southernman wrote:
Julian Mayo wrote:

What they did was they toured the country with the car that Paul Radisich crashed at Bathurst and asking for donations to help them race this year. They had to extend the final deadline as they were short of the required cash. They managed somehow to get a final donation that was just enough to get a car into the V8's. Very little left for running costs.
Geez, Rugby NZ could have tipped in a Mil, out of spare change :shock: