Who Am I ?

Test your Formula 1 knowledge

Moderators: Ed, jacfan, lemon_martini2

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:07 am

I don't believe anyone's picked him yet, so my guess this round is........Eddie Cheever.
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:21 am

mlittle wrote:I don't believe anyone's picked him yet, so my guess this round is........Eddie Cheever.
Thought about him but he has been in the F1 for 12 years. Ed says over 9 years. I figured he'd have said 10+ or 11+ if it was Cheever.

Now rightfully you'll ask why I picked Fittipaldi where he's been active for 11 years. Simple: He was the first non-European name that occured to me at the time :)
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

Southernman
2004 Top 10
2004 Top 10

Post by Southernman » Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:00 am

Denny Hulme

gkaytaz
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by gkaytaz » Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:22 am

Do we have a winner Ed? :?
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move. - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

cmlean

Post by cmlean » Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:53 am

Jack Brabham

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:06 am

cmlean wrote:Jack Brabham
I reckon :lol:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Sat Nov 25, 2006 12:20 pm

Ok a few clarifications seem to be needed:

First to Snowy, we have to be vague otherwise the driver would be known in minutes. We are all aware of the power of the internet.
There is still a chance for the driver to be known from the first hints but we try to make the chance slim, as in one in 20 or something like that.

To <T-K>, the driver's nationality would be what it is now not where he/she was born. (incidentally Andretti was born in Montona which was in Italy at the time and is now part of Croatia!)

To gkaytaz, over 9 years can mean 10, 15 or 20. It is a way to widen the possibilities but I am sure you knew that.

In general, we will announce the winner or the next hint around 24 hours after the previous hint or winner announcement.

Good to see more of you participating. It is all for fun

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:28 pm

Not sure if that message means we can all have another guess. Since you have not announced anyone as being right yet, I assume that none of the guesses so far are correct.

My second guess would be (hidden).
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:17 pm

hidden 8)

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:21 pm

jacfan wrote:Not sure if that message means we can all have another guess. Since you have not announced anyone as being right yet, I assume that none of the guesses so far are correct.

My second guess would be hidden.
No!

I have neither announced the winner nor provided a hint so you can't put in your second quess just yet.

If none of the answers are correct, you'll have to put in your second guess again after the second hint. Sorry!
Last edited by Ed on Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:26 pm

Ed wrote:
jacfan wrote:Not sure if that message means we can all have another guess. Since you have not announced anyone as being right yet, I assume that none of the guesses so far are correct.

My second guess would be hidden.
No!

I have neither announced the winner nor provided a hint so you can't put in your second quess just yet.

If none of the answers are correct, you'll have to put in your second guess again after the second hint. Sorry!
bloody ambiguity......if there is not yet a winner I bags tony for my next pick :lol:

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:56 pm

Ah but what if someone who hasn't put in their quess already uses the same guess as yours for the first round ?

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:24 pm

Ed wrote:Ah but what if someone who hasn't put in their quess already uses the same guess as yours for the first round ?
I think you had best spell out the rules in very short words for simple folk such as me. If they use the guess I had in the first round, and win, why would I not have already won?

jacfan
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Post by jacfan » Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:27 pm

Sorry if I misunderstood but since you had posted a comment and not announced a winner, I presumed that it was safe to have a second guess. Since both JM and I have put in second guesses and you are waiting for someone else to have a first guess then I would suggest that you remove both our 2nd guesses since this then gives an unfair advantage to someone who may not have thought of either of our second guesses.
Holy crap on a cracker! Image
Number one idiot for 2007!!!!!
2008 Round of France winner!!! Wooooooohoooo!!!!!!
2010 Round of Britian winner!!!!!!

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Sat Nov 25, 2006 4:00 pm

Julian Mayo wrote:
Ed wrote:Ah but what if someone who hasn't put in their quess already uses the same guess as yours for the first round ?
I think you had best spell out the rules in very short words for simple folk such as me. If they use the guess I had in the first round, and win, why would I not have already won?
No no, if someone who hasn't put in their first guess uses the guess you just put in as your second guess as their first guess, they'll win if your second guess is correct :shock: :?

But to be clear, the rule is (as mentioned in the first post):
Each player has only one shot at identifying the driver until the next hint is given.