Round of Hungary '18 - Picks and comments

The Best F1 Guessing Game! Have a question or just want to share with us your picks

Moderators: cmlean, 10 n Pole Admin

10 n Pole Admin

Round of Hungary '18 - Picks and comments

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:46 pm

10 'n' Pole players, post your picks for the 12th race of the season in Hungary.

You can log-in to the new 10 'n' Pole site and submit your picks at http://newsonf1.net/10npole/ then paste your picks here and tell us why you think your picks will be the correct ones.

For a live view of which drivers the 10 'n' Pole players are picking, visit the Popular Picks page

For the latest Formula 1 news, visit the Formula 1 News page.

The deadline for submitting the picks is the start of Saturday practice, 28/7/2018.
That is at 12:00 Hungary time (10:00 GMT).

Good luck

cmlean

Re: Round of Hungary '18 - Picks and comments

Post by cmlean » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:32 pm

Well, following my meanderings, here are my picks for Hungary '18

Winner: Sebastian Vettel
Second: Kimi Raikkonen
Third: Lewis Hamilton
Fourth: Valtteri Bottas
Fifth: Max Verstappen
Sixth: Romain Grosjean
Seventh: Daniel Ricciardo
Eighth: Nico Hulkenberg
Ninth: Kevin Magnussen
Tenth: Sergio Perez
Pole: Sebastian Vettel

I just don't see Vettel and Ferrari losing this race. The pace they showed in Germany all weekend will not be lost. Hence, Kimi for second.
I'm still not sure on what the problems for Daniel Ricciardo and his Red Bull were in Germany. Will there be a penalty for something changed or will they be able to resurrect something from their box of spares. Time will tell.

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:10 am

:D Dear cmlean:

Last week I didn't get my picks in before Qualy, so was stuck with my Silverstone picks, which I couldn't see Lewis losing. I also thought it was about time for Ferrari to begin their second half winding down down down & so I put Seb in 5th. I was rewarded with 56 points then for the German GP and First Place! :bouncec: :bouncey: :bounce: Proof once again that picking winners in auto racing is a mug's game!!

This week I don't see Seb losing, so I agree with you on the winner. Here's the rest of my picks with my reasons

!. Seb will win because he will be FOCUSED AND FAST :burnout:
2. Lewis will be second because he is defending his HUGE points lead and will overcome the handling problems in the big MERC with sheer guts :clap: :clap:
3, Max Verstappen will take the third step because he's second in talent only to Lewis these days :bouncec:
4. Kimi will take 5th Place because he's always around but hard on his tires :roll:
5. Valteri will not get by Kimi this time; if he tries there may be TWO FINNS in the DNF category :oops:
6.This is my crazy pick; Fernando Alonso will lead the rest of the gang because he has absolutely NOTHING to lose, even in that Crap Car that embarrasses the memory of the Great McLaren Marque and with that Toy Honda puny power plant :clap:
7.I think Daniel Ricciardo's bad luck will strike again but he'll drag his RBR into the points somehow :(
8.Grossjean looked good today (Friday) and I think he'll crack into the points :D
9.VanDorne will beat his partner for a change in the Renault 8)
and, finally, Carlos Sainz will get the last point. I wonder how much longer Renault will field a team, and if they'll EVER field a winning team like in Fernando's glory years :x

The pole will be Sebastian's

Hope it rains buckets around lap 40!

Ain't Racing Fun when the driver's really matter? I think stopping for tires in 2018 is like using oxen to plow fields. It takes the car out of the driver's hands and breaks hearts over and over.
My Racing Gods: Fangio, Vukovich; Senna & Mears --all racers all the time; graceful winners & generous in defeat, but never giving up!!

10 n Pole Admin

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:21 am

Congratulations to the winners of the Round of Hungary '18

Code: Select all

Rank	Score	Player		Country
1	69	Astro		Australia
2	66	Neb		United Kingdom
3	65	jagermeister	United States
3	65	strider		Australia
5	64	Ian		United Kingdom
6	63	dumacher	Australia