Italy Preview - The Heretic

Discuss all the aspects of the Formula 1 sport here

Moderators: cmlean, Ed, The Qualiflyer, The Heretic

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Italy Preview - The Heretic

Post by Ed » Sat Sep 03, 2005 10:42 pm

Monza is a McLaren circuit! - The Heretic gives us a preview of the Italian Grand Prix. Read the article here.
Then post your comments on the article in this thread.

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Heretic on Monza

Post by Jim Watt » Sun Sep 04, 2005 3:52 am

:lol: Just back at my desk after long (7week) lay off in Colorado for mountain climing and reading. Saw most of the races; loved Istanbul and hope for a Kimi repeat tomorrow. Alas, even the Ice man may be unable to get round little brother Ralph quick enough to start harrassing big brother Michael! And even if he does, Jarno isn't going to be easy either; not with Toyota horses unleashed!

I'm just looking at the qual times and it doesn't look to me like Ferarri is as uncompetitive as you think. But, of course, you could be correct; maybe the Bridgestones will go "off" more quickly than the mushlins. I hope not!

I believe JPM will handle Alonzo the cute long enough for us to find out whether or not Jenson really is the driver everyone wants him to be! Now if Tak Sato gets in a show down with Fernando, I'm sure he'll be remembering Juan Pablo's remarks about the Spaniard being more interested in being in the points than in being in first place. The problem is that he's not the overtaker JPM is and he just might take the Renault and himself out.

Michael will be really pushing Jarno -he might even risk overtaking him before the end of lap one!--

It should be a very VERY interesting race! I'm just sorry Nick H. has had to take a rest. He's the ONLY good thing that's happened to Sir Frank this year!! I know, I know: everyone seems to think the Webbo is such a nice guy. Well they used to say that about David Coulthard, too. Only Davy got about the business of winning a race from time to time a lot sooner, didn't he?

The other thing you said was that Fisi might be getting wiser (and slower); I don't know, but if I were a betting man, I'd take him to win this race if you'd give me 7 or 8 to 1. And I'd think it a worthwhile bet, too. Because just when you think Fisi's done, he seems to have a way of ending up drinking champagne!

Anyway, thanks for the thoughts on what will be, I think, a classic race. What a good season it's been!! Even a lover of Ferarri like myself must admit that (USA aside) this has been one of the best campaigns in recent years! I'm still rooting for Kimi; I just can't find it in me to root for Flavio B's numero uno. Indeed, if they didn't have Fisi, I'd never cheer for the Blue cars at all!

Jim Watt

sgd
Racer
Racer

Re: Heretic on Monza

Post by sgd » Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:40 am

Jim Watt wrote:I believe JPM will handle Alonzo the cute long enough for us to find out whether or not Jenson really is the driver everyone wants him to be! Now if Tak Sato gets in a show down with Fernando, I'm sure he'll be remembering Juan Pablo's remarks about the Spaniard being more interested in being in the points than in being in first place. The problem is that he's not the overtaker JPM is and he just might take the Renault and himself out.

Michael will be really pushing Jarno -he might even risk overtaking him before the end of lap one!--
yeah, lap one looks very nice... reading BAR press realise it looks like Button will try to make P2 in the 1st lap... ;) although we most remember the great starters which are the Renaults...

F1greyhound
Over 500
Over 500

Post by F1greyhound » Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:03 am

I have to congratulate the HERETIC

The preview was spot-on!

Keep up the good work
YOURS IN SPORT