The Hungarian Grand Prix (Kimi Raikkonen wins!)

Discuss all the aspects of the Formula 1 sport here

Moderators: cmlean, Ed, The Qualiflyer, The Heretic

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:00 pm

The FIA Friday Press Conference is now available here with Sam Michael, Willy Rampf, G?nther Steiner, Martin Whitmarsh and Geoff Willis

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:02 pm

Michael Schumacher lost the entire second session session when his car stopped on the track. The problem was due to an alternator failure

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:58 pm

1st Saturday Practice Session: Kimi Raikkonen fastest ahead of Michael Schumacher and Juan Pablo Montoya. Ralf Schumacher, Fernando Alonso, Jarno Trulli, Nick Heidfeld and Rubens Barrichello make the top 8.

Full results - Commentary

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:10 pm

2nd Saturday Practice Session: Kimi Raikkonen fastest ahead of Juan Pablo Montoya and Michael Schumacher. Ralf Schumacher, Rubens Barrichello, Giancarlo Fisichella, Jenson Button and Fernando Alonso make the top 8.

Full Results - Commentary

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:03 pm

Qualifying: Michael Schumacher grabs his first Pole position of the season ahead of Juan Pablo Montoya and Jarno Trulli. Kimi Raikkonen, Ralf Schumacher, Fernando Alonso, Rubens Barrichello and Jenson Button make the top 8
Full Results - Commentary

danilen1
F3 Tester
F3 Tester

Post by danilen1 » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:28 pm

mmn, shocked by schumachers pole lap, pratically a second faster than anyone else! Obviously he's 3 stopping, but is he on soft tyres like last week at hockenheim?

I hope team orders dont come into play between montoya and raikkonen, that could really mess up the only good competitive part of the race. As long as raikkonen can get a good start and get ahead of trulli....

Strange thou, i was expecting a fight between montoya and alonso.. anyone expected the same?

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:37 pm

yup, :lol:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

mlittle
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by mlittle » Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:27 pm

Now, see, I told you Ferrari's luck might begin to change. Now if they can just win the race...this should be very interesting come sunday morning.
The Sci-Fi Station Come by and visit when you get the chance. :)
The Wayward Tarheel I'm even in the blogosphere.... :shock:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Jul 30, 2005 11:54 pm

mlittle wrote:Now, see, I told you Ferrari's luck might begin to change. Now if they can just win the race...this should be very interesting come sunday morning.
I think he might have been running very, very light, Mfer. Kimi will be heavy so it will be an interesting battle of tactics betwen those two.
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:15 am

I expect both Michael and Kimi to be light. If either of them has a similar (or even close) fuel load to Montoya or Alonso then their laps would have been exceptional.

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:16 am

Pole setter Michael Schumacher said
I drove a good lap and I am delighted to be back here after suffering for so long. I am happy to be on pole, happy that it is with this margin and also that we look in good shape for the race. This is good for Bridgestone, who have suffered with us and this result is an excellent return for the effort they have put in. We saw from Rubens? performance yesterday that, not only was the package quick over a single lap, it was also consistent over a longer run. There is no reason not to believe in a Ferrari comeback, but at the same time we will have to wait and see if this result is a case of the car and tyre suiting this track or if it will become a general trend. This is a great result and a great motivation for the whole team. As for being on pole, I think it is more important that I am on the clean side of the track, because I do not share the view that at this circuit, grid position is vital, because I think strategy in the race will be more important.. I am not worried about the hot conditions.
Full Ferrari Team and Driver quotes available here

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:18 am

Second placed driver Juan Pablo Montoya said
It's good to be on the front row as my lap was not perfect. I had a bit of oversteer on the first corner and I already knew after the first couple of corners that I wouldn't catch Michael Schumacher. So for the rest of the lap I was a bit cautious and concentrated on a good clean lap and getting on the front row. I am not worried about being on the dirtier side of the track as we have shown that our starts are really good this year. I am confident that I am in a very good position for the race if everything goes to plan
Full McLaren Mercedes Team and Driver quotes available here

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:20 am

Third placed driver Jarno Trulli said
That was a very good lap, so I'm happy. We always knew this was going to be a tough session because I was going out so early after our problems in Hockenheim. I also had a fuel system problem this morning so I didn't get a chance to try out the car on new tyres. That meant it was a bit of a guess for the balance on new tyres, but our car always goes well over one lap and I tried my best. I gradually built up my confidence as I went round, which was why the third sector was the best. Looking to the race, it's always a tough afternoon here but we'll try to keep up our pace
Full Toyota Team and Driver quotes available here

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:45 am

Full Team and Driver quotes following qualifying now available here

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:38 am

The FIA Saturday Press Conference is now available here with Michael Schumacher, Juan Pablo Montoya and Jarno Trulli