What will happen to Michelin?

Discuss all the aspects of the Formula 1 sport here

Moderators: cmlean, Ed, The Qualiflyer, The Heretic

K-D
Racer
Racer

Post by K-D » Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:26 pm

There was 20 cars available. You all saw them lined up on the strating grid, this is the time that the FIA counts cars, this is the place that the teams are contracted to be present.

20 cars were there, and 20 cars toook of on a a warmup lap.

14 cars then pulled into the pits, and only 6 cars to the start. The cars in the pits still had the option of starting from the pits, and as you may have noted, the drivers stayed in, the teams were ready to fuel the cars, and at least on the Danish signal, we heard the Renault to Alonso radio feed, where the team told Alonso:

"we are backing you in, they all acme to the pits"

So even though the teams had agreed, they were not quite sure, and I read that to mean, had McLaren taken the start then Renault would ahve gone out as well.

8)
K-D

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:38 pm

Alonso stayed in the car for atleast 3-4 mins after the formation lap when parked in the pit garage.He was on radio with Falvio,where Flavio informed him that except for Ferrari,Jordan & Minardi everyone was in the pits.
An F1 Idiot!!!

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:33 pm

K-D wrote:There was 20 cars available. You all saw them lined up on the strating grid, this is the time that the FIA counts cars, this is the place that the teams are contracted to be present.

20 cars were there, and 20 cars toook of on a a warmup lap.

14 cars then pulled into the pits, and only 6 cars to the start. The cars in the pits still had the option of starting from the pits, and as you may have noted, the drivers stayed in, the teams were ready to fuel the cars, and at least on the Danish signal, we heard the Renault to Alonso radio feed, where the team told Alonso:

"we are backing you in, they all acme to the pits"

So even though the teams had agreed, they were not quite sure, and I read that to mean, had McLaren taken the start then Renault would ahve gone out as well.

8)
The same thing may have happened in the McLaren garage for all we know. Just because we saw Alonso doesn't mean Raikkonen was out of his car ?
It was confusing yes so I don't blame the drivers for staying in their cars clinging to any hope. Any real competitor would have done the same. It is natural. They would have been the most frustrated of all.

You can read or make up stories but all 7 teams stood together on this and that is good for the future
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

rah
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by rah » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:57 pm

I may just be sinical, but I can't help wondering if this was a stunt to get GPWC back into the headlines. Nah....... couldn't be. But if GPWC goes ahead and Michelin ends up the control tyre....... then I probably wont do much as I will have forgoten.
Ok, Lewis may win the WDC in 07, but Sato will beat him in 08.

Byron Forbes
F3 Racer
F3 Racer

Post by Byron Forbes » Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:31 am

More like a stunt to keep F1 out of the U.S. ie Europe out of the U.S.

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:46 am

Byron Forbes wrote:More like a stunt to keep F1 out of the U.S. ie Europe out of the U.S.
I sense a political comment there. Please lets keep that out!

I just want to point out that IMS didn't have any say on the proceedings. The FIA controls the event.
The FIA, the teams and their suppliers have caused the damage (everyone has their own theory about who is to blame of those) but I doubt anyone can blame IMS for this!

<T-K>
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Re: What will happen to Michelin?

Post by <T-K> » Tue Jun 21, 2005 5:01 am

Good to see another Montoya fan. It's been a tough first half :wink
It is Just the Calm before the storm......he was just giving the other drivers a chance, he is a nice guy, and he doesnt want to make all the other drivers look like fools.....:ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :bouncest: :cheers:

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Re: What will happen to Michelin?

Post by Kapel » Tue Jun 21, 2005 2:54 pm

<T-K> wrote:
Good to see another Montoya fan. It's been a tough first half :wink
It is Just the Calm before the storm......he was just giving the other drivers a chance, he is a nice guy, and he doesnt want to make all the other drivers look like fools.....:ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :bouncest: :cheers:

:up:
An F1 Idiot!!!

polo2028
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

Post by polo2028 » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:20 am

17) An Event may be cancelled if fewer than 12 cars are available for it.
So, FIA cheated to help Ferrari and Schumacher get their first win of the season, right?
2005 : West McLaren Mercedes - Juan Pablo Montoya

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Jun 22, 2005 7:42 am

polo2028 wrote:
So, FIA cheated to help Ferrari and Schumacher get their first win of the season, right?

IMHO. "cheat" might be a tad strong, cerainlyIMHO there seemed to be an opportunity to call it a non-championship race. 8)
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Wed Jun 22, 2005 3:29 pm

polo2028 wrote:
NO!!
1.There were 20 cars on the strating grid,so all is well there.(within the rules)
2.Acc. to rules , the cars can pull out of the race for safety reason,which the other teams did(within the rules)
3.The rule of 12 cars,as i understand ,is the number of cars present /turning up for the event and there were 20(within the rules)
An F1 Idiot!!!