United States Grand Prix (Michael Schumacher wins!)

Discuss all the aspects of the Formula 1 sport here

Moderators: cmlean, Ed, The Qualiflyer, The Heretic

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:20 pm

I hope they read all the post this time around :twisted:

When i read Max's intervue,which he had drafted,he sounded a bit defensive & had the fear of getting sacked.
By the sound of it ,i think he's has realised what a farse he's done,to the sport ,to the fans all over the world & knows hos backside is on fire.

He said he would treat the M teams lineantly,only to controll/mellow the anger of the fans.I'm sure he would not want to be drowned in the Indian Ocean sometime soon & hence these defensive statements against the teams & only accusing Michelins.

I very much doubt of severe penalties on M teams.N Ofcourse Bernie must have given his peace of mind to him too by now as he definitely doesnt want the GPWC to go ahead...
An F1 Idiot!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:42 pm

Kapel wrote:I hope they read all the post this time around :twisted:

When i read Max's intervue,which he had drafted,he sounded a bit defensive & had the fear of getting sacked.
By the sound of it ,i think he's has realised what a farse he's done,to the sport ,to the fans all over the world & knows hos backside is on fire.

He said he would treat the M teams lineantly,only to controll/mellow the anger of the fans.I'm sure he would not want to be drowned in the Indian Ocean sometime soon & hence these defensive statements against the teams & only accusing Michelins.

I very much doubt of severe penalties on M teams.N Ofcourse Bernie must have given his peace of mind to him too by now as he definitely doesnt want the GPWC to go ahead...

Yes,, I imagine there would have been a bit of a catfight tween Bernie n Max :lol:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

sgd
Racer
Racer

Post by sgd » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:36 pm

"I am particularly happy that this is the hundredth win for a car produced under the technical direction of Rory Byrne, that coincides with the eightieth victory for the Scuderia since I have been running it. For Ferrari, this is an important win, coming as it does in a country that is our number one market."

"It was pleasing to see that, even in these circumstances there were so many of our fans and so many Prancing Horse banners in the grandstands right to the end of the race."

"It's not a Ferrari problem"

Jean Todt, USGP 2005.

========================
Ferrari, the ones who care the fans, the ones who care the sport:

Forza Ferrari!!!!!!!!!!!
We love you!
We love you Todt!!
Congratualtions for your 80th win!! A nice one for sure!
it represents very good the ferrari winning ways!!

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:06 pm

sgd wrote:"I am particularly happy that this is the hundredth win for a car produced under the technical direction of Rory Byrne, that coincides with the eightieth victory for the Scuderia since I have been running it. For Ferrari, this is an important win, coming as it does in a country that is our number one market."

"It was pleasing to see that, even in these circumstances there were so many of our fans and so many Prancing Horse banners in the grandstands right to the end of the race."

Jean Todt, USGP 2005.

========================
Ferrari, the ones who care the fans, the ones who care the sport:

Forza Ferrari!!!!!!!!!!!
We love you!
We love you Todt!!
Didnt u've ice-cream when u were gone :wink: :lol:
An F1 Idiot!!!

jnc
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

Re: BYRON FORBES WROTE

Post by jnc » Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:08 am

Graham Ross wrote: I have no doubt in my mind that Michelin should have advised the teams to pull out full stop, no option. Now the teams are being charged with disrepute for trying to put on a show for the fans. Had they said sorry we can't race the FIA could do nothing about it. Just like teams pull out for wing failures.
Well, Michelin did make the flat-out written notification to the FIA prior to the race that they wouldn't be competing if the circuit remained as-is ("we will not compete with these tyres in the current configuration of the circuit" - second letter to the FIA from Michelin).

Yes, it would have been better if all the I's were dotted, etc, with a formal written withdrawal directly from the teams (as opposed to Michelin, who technically don't have a direct relationship with the FIA), but I gather that (fairly desperate) attempts were continuing up till the last minute to get a compromise, which may explain why that didn't happen.

jnc
Go Kart Racer
Go Kart Racer

Post by jnc » Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:20 am

sgd wrote: "I am particularly happy that this is the hundredth win for a car produced under the technical direction of Rory Byrne, that coincides with the eightieth victory for the Scuderia since I have been running it. For Ferrari, this is an important win..."

I can't tell if you're completely serious, or sarcastic. Either way:

The thing is that Ferrari really *did* win the race fair and square. They brought the best car, with one of the best drivers, and there's no question in my mind that they deserved to win, that they deserve the credit for the win, and that this race deserves to go in their win ledger without an asterisk, or anything else.

Sadly, however, this win is always going to be tainted and overshadowed by both the shabby events surrounding it, and Ferrari's obstructionism to alternatives, which was a part (we'll never know how large) in preventing the crowd from seeing a real race (something they paid good money for).
sgd wrote: "It's not a Ferrari problem"
It *is* a Ferrari problem when Ferrari is seen as having been a key player in shafting tens of thousands of F1 fans. And I can't fathom why FIAT management doesn't understand the harm that Todt has done to Ferrari's image, with his "screw the fans" attitude (as so evident in that quotation), and with his blocking of any alternative solution.

Byron Forbes
F3 Racer
F3 Racer

Post by Byron Forbes » Sat Jun 25, 2005 1:55 am

Byron Forbes
F3 Racer
F3 Racer

Post by Byron Forbes » Sat Jun 25, 2005 6:40 am

jnc wrote:The thing is that Ferrari really *did* win the race fair and square. They brought the best car, with one of the best drivers, and there's no question in my mind that they deserved to win, that they deserve the credit for the win, and that this race deserves to go in their win ledger without an asterisk, or anything else.
Disagreed. Ferrari's tyre manufacturer were privvy to data about the track that their rivals were not. You are technically correct but for ferrari to win like this defiantly deserves an asterisk and a big :?:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Sat Jun 25, 2005 9:14 am

There was no race. Look at the lap times.

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Sat Jun 25, 2005 5:17 pm

Byron Forbes wrote: You are technically correct but for ferrari to win like this defiantly deserves an asterisk and a big :?:
In the history of F1,there are a lot of victories which has asteric & bigger question marks.(Remember team orders in Melborne,Austria etc,last lasp crashes/last lap fuel finishing/FOCA-boycott N many more)

But when u check records they dont show any or these marks there,but we as fans we always remember all these races.
What happened on Sunday was a one of the Saddest day in F1.Things will move on as have in the past.

I shall still watch the upcoming races & for many more years :D
An F1 Idiot!!!

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:58 am

Michelin have concluded their investigations concerning the tyres used at the US GP.
Pierre Dupasquier declared: "The problem was that we under-evaluated the extreme constraints to which tyres were exposed through Turn 13 in the specific context of 2005. We are grateful to our partners for their work with us right up to the last moment to seek a solution that would have permitted the race to go ahead in total safety. We regret that the spectators did not see an exciting race. However, in keeping with its principles, Michelin did not sacrifice safety for performance."

Full Statement

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:39 pm

Thanks Ed. :clap:

But y have u posted this on every thread :shock: :shock: :wink:
Is Fred troubling u :compute: ??? Need an axe??? I can ask Julian to lend u his :wink: :lol: :up:
An F1 Idiot!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:44 pm

Kapel wrote:Thanks Ed. :clap:

Is Fred troubling u :compute: ??? Need an axe??? I can ask Julian to lend u his :wink: :lol: :up:
ED is a caring concerned person, and because we only get notification of a post in a thread if we are already watching that thread ( :twisted: )he/she is trying to coverall the bases :lol:

Ed
NewsOnF1 Editor
NewsOnF1 Editor

Post by Ed » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:49 pm

Every thread :shock:
You may be slightly exaggerating :D

Just on the Summons thread and the US GP thread. i.e where appropriate :wink:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:52 pm

Ed wrote:

Every thread :shock:
You may be slightly exaggerating :D

Just on the Summons thread and the US GP thread. i.e where appropriate :wink:

It is "iced tea" time in Kappyland :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :cheers: