Round of Hungary '19 - Picks and Comments

The Best F1 Guessing Game! Have a question or just want to share with us your picks

Moderators: cmlean, 10 n Pole Admin

10 n Pole Admin

Round of Hungary '19 - Picks and Comments

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:31 pm

10 'n' Pole players, post your picks for the 12th race of the season in Hungary.

You can log-in to the new 10 'n' Pole site and submit your picks at http://newsonf1.net/10npole/ then paste your picks here and tell us why you think your picks will be the correct ones.

For a live view of which drivers the 10 'n' Pole players are picking, visit the Popular Picks page

For the latest Formula 1 news, visit the Formula 1 News page.

The deadline for submitting the picks is the start of Saturday practice, 3/8/2019.
That is at 12:00 Hungary time (10:00 GMT).

Good luck

cmlean

Re: Round of Hungary '19 - Picks and Comments

Post by cmlean » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:08 pm

After the domination in the dry, I am expecting Ferrari to make amends for their so-so German Grand Prix.
Not that Mercedes or Red Bull did much better.
So, here are my picks.

Winner: Charles Leclerc
Second: Lewis Hamilton
Third: Max Verstappen
Fourth: Valtteri Bottas
Fifth: Sebastian Vettel
Sixth: Daniel Ricciardo
Seventh: Lando Norris
Eighth: Carlos Sainz
Ninth: Kimi Raikkonen
Tenth: Nico Hulkenberg
Pole: Charles Leclerc

For anyone who actually looks at what I pick, yes, they are the same as Germany.

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

Post by Jim Watt » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:29 am

:D Greetings cmlean! :bouncec:

If you drop out I guess I'll drop out too. Even though F1 is in the worst shape it has been in my lifetime (and I began loving F1 when I was in High School in Oregon (1954 to 1958) and readinr Road and Track every month to get my information about the races --weeks after the fact-- and was cheering for Juan Manual Fangio and Sterling Moss and for the Unsers and Andretti in May for the Indy 500), I still hope for the excitement of an actual race that is determined by the drivers, not the crew chief, not the "stewards," not the corporations, but by the drivers who don't give a damn about money or celebrity or anything other than winning. That kind of happened last week and although Hungary is usually as exiting as a visit from your auntie, I'm hoping for a repeat only better!

Of course Lewis will get the pole (even if he's throwing up as he gets in the car)

BUT... BUT :bouncey: :bouncec: :bounce:

!. Sebastian will WIN THE RACE :cheers:
2. and Charles Will get the second place and the bells will be ringing in Maranello!! :clap:
3. and Lewis Hamilton will drag the silver arrow to the third step on the podium if it KILLS hin! :oops:
4. and Max's pout will set records for his missing the podium and ONLY getting fourth :( :(
5. and Gasley will almost get past Max on the run down to the finish line :?
6. and Valteri will waddle down the pit lane and hide in the garage ... so much for his chances... after this race he'll be about 80 points behind Lewis after being passed two or three times by the Red Bulls :oops: :oops:
7. Carlos Sainz will be pushing Valteri and maybe get him for McLaren Renault (making Renault feel marginally better about being beaten by Ferrari, Mercedes AND Honda! :ROTFLMAO:
8. Kvyat will bring his Honda powered T.R. into the points ... and maybe finish one ot two positions higher :lol:
9. Kimi says (today) he has no idea what to expect, but I expect him to out fox some better cars to get into the points and maybe even higher than 9th :burnout:
10. and, finally, Lando Morris will get another Renault unit into the points... barely. :clap:

I'm hoping everyone drives on the absolute edge and that we see the podium full of smiling (REALLY smiling) faces. :D :D :D

Jim watt
My Racing Gods: Fangio, Vukovich; Senna & Mears --all racers all the time; graceful winners & generous in defeat, but never giving up!!

cmlean

Post by cmlean » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:34 pm

Greetings to you too Jim.
It is funny in that there are many who view the posts.
Maybe they do take notice of mine and then do the complete opposite :D

10 n Pole Admin

Post by 10 n Pole Admin » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:24 pm

Congratulations to the winners of the Round of Hungary '19

Code: Select all

Rank	Score	Player		Country
1	70	Scooby		United Kingdom
2	69	PJSuperstar	Australia
3	68	pingf1		United States
3	68	Stingray_65	Netherlands
3	68	JD		United Kingdom