European Grand Prix (Alonso wins!)

Discuss all the aspects of the Formula 1 sport here

Moderators: cmlean, Ed, The Qualiflyer, The Heretic

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:43 pm

Kapel wrote: No JV,not until Monza :wink: I would still want a 3-way-championship.
3 DNF's for Alonso should set things i want to be :wink:

Alonso is set to be the youngest champion & i have no issues with that.But as an F1 fan,i want other teams to catch up(especially Mclaren & Ferrari) to make this even more interesting.
Williams are sending some good signals also :D
First, lets not be greedy, this is THE MOST INTERESTING season we have had since 1999 (IMHO)

I think McLaren and Renault are on par. You just need drivers who don't flat spot their tyres, stall their engines, get penalised for brake testing, etc.... :shock: :shock: :D

Ferrari have dominated the last 5 years, I'm happy to not see them on the podium at all from now until 2008 :wink:

Bambino driver only 1 podium in 7 races this year. (I don't think even I would have predicted that). He was supposed to retire from this race according to my formula. Oh Webber should have started a bit slower :shock: :shock:
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

JayVee
F1 Race Winner
F1 Race Winner

Post by JayVee » Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:46 pm

julian mayo wrote:
Kapel wrote:Williams are sending some good signals also :D

Lets just hope they don't turn into BAR type smoke signals :lol:
In Canada the brakes on the Williams may send their own smoke signals
I'm back and yes supporting Alonso "The Cute" in the Ferrari!

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:46 pm

Nah,i dont think...BBQ is only for BAR :wink:
An F1 Idiot!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:10 pm

JayVee wrote:
julian mayo wrote:
Kapel wrote:Williams are sending some good signals also :D

Lets just hope they don't turn into BAR type smoke signals :lol:
In Canada the brakes on the Williams may send their own smoke signals
JV, the brakes on the williams are one thing I am not too worried about, they can always lean on Monty to get around corners :crush: :crush:
The Mountain is a savage Mistress.

sgd
Racer
Racer

Post by sgd » Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:38 pm

JayVee wrote:
sgd wrote: Yeah, Alonso has done very fine this year, but you look to have short memory. I still clearly remember Alonso being outqualified and outraced FOR HALF A SEASON by Trulli. When? 2004. you'd say his not the same now...I'd say wait and see.
sgd, you make it sound like it was no contest.
i didn't mean that there was not contest, maybe Alonso was jut too unlucky in those 9 GPs, his car breaked, etc...
But you have to admit Trulli was superios in the 1st half of the season (after France...) . I never saw that DC were superior to KR for half a season (maybe i just don't remember)...
Alonso IMO is a great driver, he may be even the best driver in the world right now (IMO), he is in a high, but it doesn't mean that he won't have longs downs as well, as for me was his 2004. Specially after his very good 2001 and 2003...

sgd
Racer
Racer

Post by sgd » Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:41 pm

julian mayo wrote:JV, the brakes on the williams are one thing I am not too worried about, they can always lean on Monty to get around corners :crush: :crush:
Using Montoya as brake point didn't help Webber, though... ;)

Kapel
2004 Champ
2004 Champ

Post by Kapel » Wed Jun 01, 2005 8:45 pm

sgd wrote:
julian mayo wrote:JV, the brakes on the williams are one thing I am not too worried about, they can always lean on Monty to get around corners :crush: :crush:
Webber should try Alonso next time :wink:
An F1 Idiot!!!

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:51 am

Kapel wrote:
sgd wrote:
I would have to leave Australia, and head for Agra, Or JV would track me down and "moider" me for being a Webber supporter :wink:

sgd
Racer
Racer

Post by sgd » Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:46 am

Kapel wrote:
sgd wrote:

:that: :rolling: :ROTFLMAO:

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:18 am

sgd wrote:

That was just a practice run

RE30B#16
Racer
Racer

Post by RE30B#16 » Sun Jun 05, 2005 3:46 am

sgd wrote:
RE30B#16 wrote:
sgd wrote:
RE30B#16 wrote: Alonso did not start his career with the best team. Raikkonen did.
Raikkonen did????? :lol: :lol: I didn't know that sauber is/was the best team... :lol: :lol: :lol:

RE30B#16 wrote: I never said prefering Kimi over Alonso was ridiculous. I said the remark made by the team principal about Alonso being latin, overly emotional, and mistake prone was not only mildly rascist, but it was absurd if you look at this year's statistics. Kimi has made many more mistakes than his latin couterpart. That is a fact as well. Bob Varsha made mention of this fact during Speed Channel's coverage of the race when he remarked that unlike Mika Hakkinen, Raikkonen had a mercurial personality and could be extremely emotional.
this year's statistics, as statistics cannton say anything, there's not enogh, representative data. I mean, by 5-6 good races you cannot assume the driver will as consistent fast as Kimi does. Alonso have had many ups and downs and maybe that's what the tm means with 'latin, overly emotional, and mistake prone'. anyway, I of course agree that sentence is wrong(racial), I just try to interpretate it.
Whatever! :roll:

Chris
Christoforo

You're not getting old, the music just sucks!!

Fernando Alonso is currently the best... Period!!!

-)_ (-
(_!_) Inclined to get behind!!!

Jim Watt
Racer
Racer

great quote!

Post by Jim Watt » Tue Jun 07, 2005 6:02 am

When iwas very, very, very young, in fact I may still have been inside my mum, :lol: , Jack Brabham and Stirling Moss were having tremendous competition and rivalry against each other. Stirling would set lap record after lap record, race after race. Jack would keep him in sight then pounce with a few laps to go. Jack won a couple of titles, Stirling none.. Jack was asked why he didn't worry about lap records, his reply was that you had to win as slowly as possible :shock:
It works for me :lol:[/quote]

Great Quotation, Julian! Thanks!! :lol:

A lot of folks forget that the important thing --ALWAYS-- is winning; that is, delivering the goods. For the most part, drivers, like Brabham, or Schumacher --or Rick Mears!-- are never wildly popular with what are called "race fans" precisely because they get on with the business at hand. To win you have to be in a position to win, to take advantage of every opportunity. Watching Alonso "reel in" the race was a pleasure --even though I am a Kimi fan, and even though I am NOT a Renault fan, this race was a fine one. Remember mates: IF Kimi HAD been able to hang on for a few more kilometers, everyone would have been applauding his pluck and luck. There probably would have been a post race picture with the smiling driver holding a piece of the damaged tyre. But saying that Alonso was merely lucky is saying that being where he was was an accident. And that is definitely NOT SO. He won as slowly as possible and I say hats off to him!

Jim Watt

Julian Mayo
Forum Hall of Fame
Forum Hall of Fame

Post by Julian Mayo » Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:24 am

The last line puts it in a nutshell :lol: